Good Abandoned TL's

Currently being in the position where I am desperately trying not to abandon my first and only time line I can emphasize with all those who have done so! Also My admiration for those who write A.H has grown immensely since I started my own effort.

Currently being in the position where I am desperately trying not to abandon my first and only time line I can emphasize with all those who have done so!

Oh yeah. Don’t worry about that. Lol. I blew through ~4 very unfinished timelines on similar subjects and a decade later I’m getting back around to the era.

There are two Australian ISOT timelines at the ASB subforum, the one featuring James Cook seemed especially promissing.

I was enjoying this one. It is involves the same events as I timeline I am currently writing and posting, so I am kind of glad it took a break. I find multiple different ALTs on the same events distracting. But I hope it comes back.

Remember The Rainbow: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...w-an-alternate-royal-canadian-navy-tl.469567/

Yes, I mainly put it on the backburner due to trying to order some source material that is apparently enraging the postal service gods alongside the fact that as you said, I really don't want to have two stories that are so similar to be clogging up the site. I don't want to rush through my story just to clear the time period you are currently in, as I feel the quality would suffer. It's also given me some time in order to reconsider my options and scrap some more questionable ideas, so that's a plus. Somewhat annoying how we both decided to post such similar timelines so close together however, I'm enjoying your timeline quite a bit so I'll patiently wait for my time.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, I mainly put it on the backburner due to trying to order some source material that is apparently enraging the postal service gods alongside the fact that as you said, I really don't want to have two stories that are so similar to be clogging up the site. I don't want to rush through my story just to clear the time period you are currently in, as I feel the quality would suffer. It's also given me some time in order to reconsider my options and scrap some more questionable ideas, so that's a plus. Somewhat annoying how we both decided to post such similar timelines so close together however, I'm enjoying your timeline quite a bit so I'll patiently wait for my time.

Keep up the good work.
I realized after I got well into my timeline, already posting chapters and having chatted with you about what a funny coincidence... I was doing supplementary Google research and discovered that in fact there was no coincidence. The initial inspiration for my story was this, by you: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...eipzig-alongside-a-potential-timeline.455880/

Your seed of an idea had been sitting around for a while, and I realized no one had yet posted anything on this scenario. So I started. I had no idea it would go the places it has so far, I expect to surprise myself again before I am done. Your username didn't mean anything to me the first time I read the above post. I only recognized you as the author the second time I encountered it.

So thank you for inspiring me!

It is funny that we both launched at the same time. I suspect I am a more seat of the pants researcher. Like just in time. I find an interesting thing happens with the voice of characters, how they reveal themselves only when I start writing them.

I realized after I got well into my timeline, already posting chapters and having chatted with you about what a funny coincidence... I was doing supplementary Google research and discovered that in fact there was no coincidence. The initial inspiration for my story was this, by you: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...eipzig-alongside-a-potential-timeline.455880/

Your seed of an idea had been sitting around for a while, and I realized no one had yet posted anything on this scenario. So I started. I had no idea it would go the places it has so far, I expect to surprise myself again before I am done. Your username didn't mean anything to me the first time I read the above post. I only recognized you as the author the second time I encountered it.

So thank you for inspiring me!

It is funny that we both launched at the same time. I suspect I am a more seat of the pants researcher. Like just in time. I find an interesting thing happens with the voice of characters, how they reveal themselves only when I start writing them.

I had no idea it would go as far as it did either, although I think that's partially due to your excellent point of view writing style which fits quite well with a relatively small scale isolated conflict like this. You've inspired me as well to try and work some more smaller personal narratives or view points into my future story in order to give it more variety instead of just fly on the wall information dumps.

I'm slightly jealous about how you have taken the raiding directly into the coastal infrastructure itself, that would have fit my narrative rather well haha! You've slowly built the tension up so I think you've more than earned the recognition you've got. Just going to cause me to rack my brain even harder about what I can do differently lol.

I look forward to your eventual (maybe warship vs warship ;))conclusion, it's been a well deserved pay off if so.