Hello and welcome to Gettin' Jiggy Wit' It! The 90's TL where anything about the 90's is up for grabs, whether it be pop culture, politics, sports, or fads. Let's begin!

January 1990

In Sports - Crimson Tide wins the Sugar Bowl

January 1st - Life is just a bowl of sugar for the Alabama Crimson Tide who won against the opposing Miami Hurricanes 25-14.

In Animation - Fox's Least Favorite Family

January 14th - Fox's new show, The Simpsons, has been cancelled today after one episode. It's pilot, Some Enchanted Evening, was critically panned due to "terrible and inconsistent animation." Creator Matt Groening has cited creative differences as the problem. "The writing team could not agree with the animation team, each blaming the other over the episode's low quality. FOX needed an episode so we just gave what he had, knowing what we had was shit," said Groening in an interview.

Hi! I'm quite new to writing althistory so please forgive me if the OP is a bit lackluster. I'm also keeping this post open as a master timeline of events.

1990:
-Crimson Tide wins Sugar Bowl.
-The Simpsons gets cancelled.
-Bo Jackson is traded to the Miami Dolphins

Last edited:
Does that mean no Beavis and Butthead or South Park or Family Guy?

Beavis and Butt-Head might still exist since it was aimed at MTV's late teen demographic. South Park was originally a Web series so it will still exist, but maybe not as a TV Show. Family Guy will probably still be Larry & Steve.

On the subject of Klasky Csupo, Rugrats will probably not take off.

Welcome to Miami

March 1990: In an unprecedented trade, the LA Raiders have traded Bo Jackson to the Miami Dolphins for two first round picks, 2 second round picks and 4 mid round picks.

Very interesting thread, will be keeping an eye on it.

On that note, I had an idea that a continued East Coast-West Coast rivalry may stir a huge backlash and kill hip hop as a genre, but now I think it is not possible in any form.

Deleted member 100251

Interesting so far. I'm liking it.
RIP the Simpsons ): (Does that mean no Futurama?? I assume so, sadly.)
Keep up the good work!