It calls itself that to make the world think they are a democracy
I have a flag for the main Resistance against them:
Monster Free Army
flag - 2022-12-09T185708.734.png

1671125392259.png

During the Weimar Republic there was not only the proposed Nordic flag by Ottfried Neubecker, but also a proposal to use the double headed eagle for the new republican Germany.
So I combined them for a state flag.

I spent a whole night designing flags for a Japanese Influenced Pacific States.

The initial idea was to have a "Setting Sun" with Stars in the evening sky and I wanted to try and have some kind of balance between Japanese and American in the flag.
I want some outside opinions on what you think of these. I'm no expert (hell I'm not even a novice) on vexillology and apologies for the crude MS Paint style presentation.
Pacific States Flags Small-min(2).png

republiquevenus-png.796518

République Vénusienne

I don't have much lore for this one but have a Francophone Venusian Republic! The tricolor is inspired by a similar flag for Mars representing the republic's terraforming ambitions (with softer shades of green and blue and Martian red replaced with Venusian copper). The symbol is an inversion of a star and crescent, with a Star of Ishtar orbited by a solar mirror.

A post-colonial federal pan-Southeast Asian flag with colors explained as followed:
  • red: the Majapahit and other Malay Muslim polities as well as the royal standard of Siam
  • yellow: the historical flag of Dai Nam and a symbol of Buddhism (or the "yellow" race of East and Southeast Asia using 19th-century racial classification)
  • white: a symbol of Hanthawaddy Burma (and Christianity depending on who you ask)
  • black: represents either Islam or the *Pancasila/Kemalist secular ideology of the nation
1671822653722.png

A post-colonial federal pan-Southeast Asian flag with colors explained as followed:
  • red: the Majapahit and other Malay Muslim polities as well as the royal standard of Siam
  • yellow: the historical flag of Dai Nam and a symbol of Buddhism (or the "yellow" race of East and Southeast Asia using 19th-century racial classification)
  • white: a symbol of Hanthawaddy Burma (and Christianity depending on who you ask)
  • black: represents either Islam or the *Pancasila/Kemalist secular ideology of the nation
View attachment 797715
Nice! This looks really good! I have a few requests for future pan-regional flags:
  • Pan-South Asian flag (former British Raj, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives)
  • Pan-East Asian flag (both Chinas, both Koreas, Japan, Mongolia, Hong Kong, Macau)
  • Pan-Himalayan flag (Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, arguably Ladakh and Aksai Chin)
  • Pan-Siberian flag (basically just all of Russia that’s located east of the Urals)
  • Pan-Central Asian flag (the five ex-Soviet Stan countries and Xinjiang/East Turkestan/Uyghuristan

1280px-Flag_of_the_British_Union_of_Fascists.svg.png

Flag of the Scottish Illuminist Resistance from WMIT: Vol III, bearing the Owl of Minerva with its third eye awoken. Death to the Tabulator! Nae Maddie!

One day left on the current flag challenge poll!

FLAG CHALLENGE #279: Ad Astra

Your task is to create a flag for a political entity that is not based on earth. Said entity could be a martian colony, a collection of spaces stations or the first settlement around another star. Be creative !

View attachment 796032

During the Weimar Republic there was not only the proposed Nordic flag by Ottfried Neubecker, but also a proposal to use the double headed eagle for the new republican Germany.
So I combined them for a state flag.

the heads look a bit squished. If you're using a program allowing layers, you might want to keep them on a separate layer than the body so you can resize them separately.

Nice! This looks really good! I have a few requests for future pan-regional flags:
[*]Pan-Siberian flag (basically just all of Russia that’s located east of the Urals)
During the Russian Civil War, a flag used for Siberia was divided white and green (either horizontally or diagonally).

The contrast is pretty poor which would make it hard to parse from a distance while flapping. You might want to use (from left to right): yellow, dark green & pale blue.
The issue is that the surface is too harsh for it to be used and there isn't any wind inside the habs or stations for it to flap in. It's mainly used inside government offices, pinned to or painted on walls or used as a ship decal.