Nice to see the evolution of the Commonwealth through the 1970s at least. One thing I must point out though is that you essentially have this in there twice: Boston had hosted the 1950 Winter Olympics (the skiing being done in the White Mountains of New Hampshire), and as with New York, Boston had some of the most famous athletic teams in the country.

Part 152: America Revisited - The Great Plains
Part 153: America Revisited - The Great Plains
We return to our journey across the Commonwealth of America, this time traversing the land between the Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains. The woodlands that covered the eastern half of the country would taper off into a vast grassland stretching over 1,500 miles from north to south, not just in the Commonwealth but also in western Florida and northeastern Mexico, though those two countries are beyond the scope of this update. We’ll start in the north, head down the Mississippi River to the Floridian border and then head back up north across the eastern edge of the Rockies. Alright, let’s get into it, starting right across the Mississippi from where we left off last time.
Minnesota, named for the river of the same name, bordered Mesabi on the other side of the Mississippi River, including through the metropolitan area I mentioned last time. While Mesabi had Dover along the north bank of the river as it made a wide, sweeping curve towards the south, Minnesota’s twin city was Minneomi (originally Owamenna ITTL, but I chose a native name more similar to Minneapolis), located on the south side of the Mississippi River’s only natural waterfall. With the falls providing easy hydropower, Minneomi would grow into a major industrial hub, particularly when it came to grain and lumber mills, on both the Minnesota and Mesabi sides of the river (the Mesabi side being the city of North Minneomi). Minneomi was also known for its numerous lakes, which had become popular city parks. Had I not already used the name Lacusia for Madison, I very well could’ve used it here. Between Minneomi and Dover, the Twin Cities of the Upper Mississippi was the largest metro area in the North Central region of the country, making it an important hub for transportation and logistics.
There was more to Minnesota than just Minneomi, though, as there were several other sizable cities in the province. Of course there’s the capital, Macato, located southwest of the Twin Cities where the province’s namesake river bends north towards said cities. Along the river to the northwest of the cities was St. Albans and to the southeast were Hastings and Keoxa. Away from the river in Minnesota were the cities of Rochester and Owatonna, places that didn’t really have much special about them (don’t know if anything like the Mayo Clinic exists ITTL), but decided to include solely to list more locations. While Minnesota had sizable areas of forest, it was where the transition from the forest to the plains would begin, and thus much of it had been covered by tallgrass prairie. Most of that had been turned into highly productive farmland, growing a variety of crops but especially corn and wheat.
This was even more true of the province immediately south of Minnesota, that being Missouri. Named for the river which formed its southern and most of its western boundary (which I’d originally called the -, but decided the OTL name was better), Missouri was the buckle of the country’s grain belt, producing copious amounts of food not just for the Commonwealth but also to be exported to other countries. While it may not have been the most interesting place to drive through, Missouri was vital to the country’s food supply. As for its urban areas, Missouri didn’t have any very large cities within its borders, but it did have some mid-sized cities like Cedar Rapids (insert Hillary Clinton clip here), Missouri City and the capital Keoshaqua. Missouri also contained the northern edges of two major metropolitan areas we will get to in our next segment.
Said next segment, which begins now, will be on the province of Ozark, derived from the French Monts aux Arcs, the set of hills that covered much of the province. The French influence in the province didn’t stop there, as due to its history as a disputed region between the British/Americans and French/Floridians, much of the province had been settled by Francophones before it became firmly part of the Commonwealth after the First Global War. In fact, even over a century later, 15% of the province’s population spoke French as their first language, the highest of any province in the country. Much of Ozark’s eastern border along the Mississippi and its entire southern border along the Arcansas River (originally the Acansa River ITTL, but I adopted OTL’s name, albeit with a more French spelling) formed the border with La Floride, and the ties between the two countries in the border region were strong indeed. For example, the city of Little Rock on the American side of the Arcansas River was combined with the city of Petite Roche on the Floridian side to create one transnational urban area. Other towns in Ozark near the Floridian border like DuBois and Allemagne had large Francophone populations, both of native-born Franco-Americans and more recent Floridian immigrants.
Outside of the French influenced southeast of the province, Ozark had two major cities along its northern border. At its northeastern corner was Saint Louis. Founded by the French as the northernmost outpost along the Mississippi near its confluence with the Missouri, the city had kept its French name even after its conquest by the British, and with its location at the aforementioned confluence, it would become a massively important city in the center of the country. Shipping headed down the Mississippi or Missouri could either head downstream from Saint Louis through Florida to the Gulf of Mexico, or it could turn up the Inoka River towards the Great Lakes, the two of which were connected via a series of canals. Saint Louis was widely known as the place where the east became the west, and a sizable monument was built to recognize that, which would become the symbol of the city (not identical to OTL’s Gateway Arch, but similar in size and notoriety. Maybe some sort of obelisk or clock tower). The second border city was Kansas, located at the confluence of the river of the same name and the Missouri. Kansas had a major importance to the country’s livestock sector, as the main ranching areas began shortly to the west (we’ll get to that soon), and had thus also become famous for its meat (no, not that meat). While much of the metro areas for both cities fell outside of the province, the center of both cities were on the Ozark side, so they were primarily Ozark cities. The other major city in Ozark was the province’s capital Ozark City, chosen specifically to be a centrally-located capital for the province. Of course there were some other smaller cities and towns in the province, but I’ve done enough of that already (and I’m struggling to think of names), so let’s head west and begin our journey across the plains.
The Great Plains, bordered by the deserts of northern Mexico in the south and the taiga of the Commonwealth’s vast northern wilderness in the north had once been a very different place. Vast, seemingly endless herds of buffalo roamed the plains, hunted by native tribes like the Da/La/Nakota, Cheyenne and Arapaho who depended greatly on the buffalo for food, clothing and more. Once seen by Anglo-American settlers as a wasteland, the plains later came to be viewed as prime real estate for farming and ranching, if only those pesky Indians and bison would get out of the way. Thus, the bison were hunted until they were only found in a few isolated pockets and the Indians squashed and shoved onto the most useless land, which opened up the plains for settlement by both Anglo-Americans and European immigrants. The plains had been divided into seven different provinces, some of which had become more prominent and important than others. I’m going to change the format a bit and talk more about the plains as a broader region rather than going province by province, though I will give each of them some degree of individual attention.
The seven provinces of the plains were, from south to north to west, Reginia (a placeholder for some TBD British queen), Niobrara, Kotaland (derived from the Da/La/Nakota tribes, this could be subject to change in the future), Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Absaroka and Athabasca. The plains provinces were defined by a number of common characteristics. First and foremost was the low population density. With its late settlement, drier climate than areas further east, propensity to extreme cold and geographic isolation in the middle of the continent, the plains were easily the least populous of the four regions of the Commonwealth I will cover in this series, particularly if you exclude the three provinces I looked at earlier. There were some major urban areas in the plains to be sure, Winnipeg, Blackstone (originally Blackrock ITTL, but I thought Blackstone sounded cooler and less like a hedge fund management firm), Edmonton and Montana, but apart from those there really weren’t many large cities. While there were other small to medium sized cities like (breathes in) Topeka, Salina, Omaha, Kotaville, Rapid City, Willowburg, Absaroka City and Kistapinanick, these didn’t have the size to be anything more than regional centers. The eastern plains and aspen parkland had become rich farmland that grew corn, wheat, barley, oats, rapeseed and other crops in large quantities, while the western, drier plains had become grazing land for vast herds of livestock, mainly cattle and sheep. The plains provinces were also rich in natural resources like oil or minerals. For example, northern Athabasca possessed some of the richest oil deposits in the world, which due to the extra difficulty of exploiting the viscous oil sands was only just beginning to be tapped into. Between the oil industry and the spectacular Rocky Mountains that formed its western border, Athabasca was a province that was set to take off in the coming decades. Numerous deposits of minerals had been found in the more mountainous sections of the plains provinces. Multiple gold rushes had taken place during the latter part of the 19th century, which served as one of the main catalysts of White settlement in the region and the ensuing suppression of the Native population. While the gold rushes were now a subject for the history books, mining still took place in the plains provinces, most notably coal mining, with Absaroka becoming a secondary center of coal mining in the Commonwealth after Appalachia.
With me mentioning mountains at a few points in the previous paragraph or two, I think it’s worth stating that the name of the region, the Great Plains, and thus of the update as well is kind of a misnomer. While the majority of the plains provinces were indeed just that, plains, the western boundary was formed mostly by the towering Rocky Mountains, the crest of which formed North America’s great Continental Divide between the Atlantic and Pacific drainage basins. While the Rockies were a major transportation obstacle, especially in past eras, the stunning scenery and outdoor recreation like hiking and skiing had made the Rockies both a popular tourist destination and desirable place to live.
As I mentioned earlier, the plains were the least populated out of the four regions of the Commonwealth I’ve done or am going to do updates on, but that doesn't mean that there isn’t anything interesting to talk about here. Obviously the first people on the American Plains were a variety of native tribes that I’d mentioned earlier. The first Europeans in the American Plains were fur traders who were continually going further and further west in search of more fur. The fur traders, needing the cooperation of the natives to obtain said fur, would begin to integrate themselves into the preexisting native cultures. This would include taking native wives and having mixed children, who would grow up with their mom’s tribe and act as intermediaries between the natives and fur traders. The cultural intermingling that the fur trade created would lead to the development of a mixed language that would be spoken by the various people and groups involved with the fur trade. This tongue, derived from English (the primary influence), Scots and Gaelic on the European side and Cree, Ojibwe and Dakota on the Native side, would become the primary language of the mixed-race ethnic group that would develop in the areas where the fur trade operated. The trading post/fort of Winnipeg, located at the confluence of the Red and Stone rivers, would become the primary center of the North American fur trade during the latter half of the 18th and first half of the 19th Centuries, as it served as a natural meeting point between the Great Lakes to the east and Great Plains to the west. Winnipeg’s importance would continue as settlers moved west across the continent in the 19th Century, with it becoming the premier city in and gateway to the northern plains.
Speaking of settlers, the settlers in the plains provinces would come from across the eastern half of the country, largely settling directly west of where they came from. For example, the largest share of American settlers in the northern plains region I just talked about were from Laurentia, New Caledonia, New England or the Great Lakes, I.E. areas directly east of the northern plains. With the plains opening up for farming and ranching, immigrants from Europe would flock to the region during the late 19th Century to grab their piece of the pie. Obviously a number of these came from Britain and Ireland, as one would expect for the Commonwealth, settling both in rural and urban areas. With the plains often getting extremely cold in winter, particularly in the north, the Commonwealth would promote settlement from colder regions of Europe within the northern plains, particularly among Protestants. Thus, much of the northern plains would be settled by Scandinavians and Russo-Germans. Scandinavians were viewed by the Commonwealth as ideal immigrants, given their Northern European background, Protestant religion and governments’ cordial relations with the Anglosphere. While Scandinavians would settle across the Commonwealth, the largest concentration of Nordic settlement would be in the upper Great Lakes and northern Great Plains, areas with a similar environment to the Scandinavian interior and which was wide open for settlement between the Global Wars. Over two million Nordic immigrants would arrive in the Commonwealth in the hundred years between 1850 and 1950, the majority being Swedes and Norwegians. Scandinavians would rapidly assimilate into Anglo-American culture, faster than just about any non-British group, but not without leaving an impact on the culture of the north-central part of the country, notably in the accent.
As for the Russo-Germans, this wasn’t the first major migration under their belt. The whole reason they wound up in Russia in the first place was that Catherine The Great, an ethnic German, invited German settlers in to settle Russia’s steppe frontier along the Volga and in Ukraine. The Germans in Russia would be permitted to keep their religious practices and language and allowed exemption from military service if they so desired. This was very appealing for German religious minorities like the Mennonites, who flocked to Russia under Catherine’s rule. Fast forward a hundred years and things had changed. The Russian government, wanting to expand the army and centralize the Russian state and culture, would revoke the military exemption afforded to Russo-Germans and begin to pursue linguistic Russification, which would not sit well with them. This would begin a large wave of emigration by the Russo-German population to greener pastures overseas. With most Russo-Germans being farmers and land in German Neuseeland being limited (and very far away), the large majority of Russo-German emigrants would go to the New World, and most of those would go to the Commonwealth. A few hundred thousand Russo-Germans would settle in the Commonwealth of America, mostly in the plains, which shared a pretty similar environment to the steppe from which they came. Once in the Commonwealth, Russo-Germans would either rapidly assimilate like the Scandinavians or keep to themselves depending on their religious sect, with Mennonites for example being known for their cultural isolationism.
Keep in mind that this was part of a larger wave of German immigration to the Commonwealth, as the relative proximity and long standing German presence meant that the Commonwealth was the largest recipient of German emigrants, with several million arriving between the mid 19th and mid 20th centuries. Plenty of regular Germans settled on the American Plains as well, more than their Russian-originated cousins in fact. The Russo-Germans were interesting enough that I thought it’d make a good segment, even if they only made up a fraction of the total German-American population. Apart from Scandinavians and (Russo) Germans, there would be other settlers in the plains like Slavs (though more of them would go to Latin America due to the WASPiness of the Commonwealth) and there were of course the native and mixed race populations, but it was mainly the Anglos, Scandinavians and Germans that shaped the development of the plains.
By the late 20th Century, the plains were a very different place from what they’d been at the century’s beginning. With the mechanization of agriculture over the course of the century, the grand and great-grandchildren of those who’d lived in sod houses eking out a living through the frozen winters were now producing way more food with way less work needed. With the need for fieldhands drastically reduced, many rural areas in the plains peaked in population in the early part of the century and were either stagnant or declining for the over half a century to follow. This meant a steady stream of rural to urban migrants in the American heartland, whether to nearby small towns or to the few cities on the plains that had become large enough to have major sports teams and flights outside of the country. Being sparsely populated and isolated from the broader world, the plains got a reputation for being very, well, plain. Living in a little house on the prairie may have been peaceful and quiet, but it was nowhere near as interesting as, say, Manhattan or San Francisco. The people of the plains gained a reputation for being friendly and humble but also for being boring squares, much like the landscape they inhabited. Still, for as much as it could be overlooked, the land between the Mississippi and the Rockies was a key part of the Commonwealth’s expansion from sea to shining sea. The final part of the America Revisited series of updates will be on the Far West of the country, between the Rocky Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. I should probably have it out by the end of the month, and if I was able to wring over 3,000 words out of the Great Plains, I should be able to at least match that with the West Coast. Regardless, I wish you guys a happy Easter season and a good start to spring (or autumn if you’re from down under).

What's the state of industrial development in Floride?
While there's been some industry there for a while, I don't think Florida wouldn't become fully industrialized until the mid 20th Century when air conditioning has become widespread and the landowning elite has been displaced by a more urban one. I'm sure investment from the Commonwealth and France would play a sizable role in this process.

While there's been some industry there for a while, I don't think Florida wouldn't become fully industrialized until the mid 20th Century when air conditioning has become widespread and the landowning elite has been displaced by a more urban one. I'm sure investment from the Commonwealth and France would play a sizable role in this process.
Yes, that's what I meant, by the mid 20th century. For example, do they build cars, do they have their own car manufacturers, electronics etc.

Yes, that's what I meant, by the mid 20th century. For example, do they build cars, do they have their own car manufacturers, electronics etc.
I'm not sure if they'd have many of their own companies, at least ones that expand beyond the domestic market, but I imagine a lot of French companies would their New World headquarters, offices and factories in Florida.

About Commonwealth of America- I would say that by 20th Century, with Commonwealth being 3x larger than UK in population and probably as industrially developed- probably the America will be more important than Britain itself- with Britain being the tail, and America dog..

About Commonwealth of America- I would say that by 20th Century, with Commonwealth being 3x larger than UK in population and probably as industrially developed- probably the America will be more important than Britain itself- with Britain being the tail, and America dog..
Indeed, same goes with Brazil and Portugal.
Anyway, I'm finally back from my kick due to a... questionable comment I made in The Iron Eagle. I've been working on the next update during that time. Should be out around the middle of the month. Already at nearly 2,400 words.

The West Coast update is likely going to be my longest to date. At 3,700 words and I've still got multiple provinces left to go. Hopefully I'll have it out in a week or so.

It's at nearly 4,900 words, officially the longest update yet. I can't promise a specific release date at this point, but it will be out sooner or later.

Part 154: America Revisited - The West Coast New
Part 154: America Revisited - The West Coast
We’ve now reached the final leg of our coast to coast tour of the Commonwealth of America, The West Coast. Well, not just the West Coast, as this will cover everything west of the Continental Divide, but the West Coast will obviously be a big part of that. While the first Anglo-American fur traders and explorers had ventured west of the Rockies in the late 18th Century (along with several large British naval expeditions to the Northeast Pacific), it would be in the middle of the 19th Century that the west would be incorporated into the Commonwealth of America. Millions of Anglo-Americans would live on the West Coast by the century’s end, thus completing the Commonwealth’s expansion from Sea to Shining Sea (and screwing over the local natives, but that’s to be expected). Fast forward to the latter part of the 20th Century, and the West Coast would be an extremely important region both to the Commonwealth and to the greater Anglo-American empire. We’ll get to that in greater detail later on down the line, but for now let’s cover the land one needed to cross to get to the west coast, that being the interior west.
Much like the plains from the last update, the interior west between the Rockies and the Sierra/Cascades were a sparsely populated region that was overshadowed by the region to its west. In fact the West Coast was settled before the interior to its east was , with it being connected to the east by several rail lines and stagecoach trails. Railroad and stagecoach stops would grow into towns, some of which would grow into larger cities. Towns that grew into larger cities were usually located either in geographically advantageous positions, had valuable resources nearby or often both. The interior west consisted of three provinces, those being Kootenay, Shawpatin and Colorado from north to south. These three mountain provinces shared a lot in common but also had their own unique characteristics. Geographically, each of the three provinces were situated on the western slope of the Rocky Mountains, and as with the provinces on the eastern slope it was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because the stunning scenery and recreation made it an appealing tourist destination. Skiing, hiking and camping were all widespread activities in the interior west, and there were a good half dozen or so national parks as well. A curse because of the difficulty of transportation across the Rockies, though the large gap formed by the Red Desert and several lower mountain passes did help. The rough terrain and often harsh climate meant that the interior western provinces were some of the last to be settled and inducted into the Commonwealth, only becoming full provinces around the turn of the 20th Century. I’ll give a rundown of each of the interior provinces before getting to the West Coast proper, going from south to north.
That means we begin in Colorado, which shared its name with the river whose upper reaches traversed the province. Colorado was well known within the Commonwealth for a few things, the first of those obviously being the landscape. With the Rockies comprising much of the province’s eastern half and much of the remainder being the spectacular red rocked canyonlands along the Mexican border, Colorado was an outdoorsman’s paradise. Colorado’s skiing had become world famous, with it coming to rival the more established skiing of the European Alps or the Appalachians out east. The canyonlands of the province’s south were known as one of the most beautiful regions in the Commonwealth, especially the Grand Canyon, whose north rim was possessed by Colorado (the south by Mexico).
The other thing that made Colorado unique was the unique sect that many of its inhabitants followed. The Commonwealth of America had long garnered a reputation for being a breeding ground for new sects of Christianity, going back to colonial times. The largest and most famous of these sects would be the Restored Church of Jesus Christ, or Restorationists for short. Founded by an All-American Prophet in the mid 19th Century, the Restorationists believed that the original church founded by Jesus had been corrupted over time and that their church was a, well, restoration. Holding beliefs considered odd by mainstream Christians, the Restorationists, despite their origins in the eastern part of the Commonwealth, would make their way west to the land around the Great Salt Lake. From there they would attract converts to move in and would go forth and multiply, solidifying a demographic majority in the region. As of 1970 the majority of Colorado’s residents were Restorationists, though the percentage varied depending on where you were in the province. The province’s capital of Salt Lake was the center of the RCJC, being home to the church’s headquarters and main temple, and the province’s other major cities like St. George, Galilee and Grand Junction also had a large RCJC presence.
Let us now move north to the province of Shawpatin, which shared its name with the river that bisected it. Shawpatin’s population was mostly centered around its namesake river and the vast plain that surrounded it, with the province’s major cities like Eagle Rock, Twin Falls and Silvania being located along it or its tributaries. The Shawpatin river valley was one of the mountain west’s largest agricultural zones, as the snowfed river allowed for irrigation to become widespread in this otherwise semi-arid region. A variety of crops were produced in the Shawpatin Valley, but the most well known of these were potatoes. The soil and climatic conditions were ideal for potato cultivation, and as a result Shawpatin became the largest potato producing province in the Commonwealth. Outside of the valley, Shawpatin was a province covered by both dry sagebrush steppe and the Rocky Mountains, with the continental divide forming its northeastern border. Shawpatin shared the famous Yellowstone National Park with Absaroka, and had some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in the country. Demographically speaking, the eastern part of Shawpatin was part of the broader region settled by Restorationists. As a result, Shawpatin had the second largest share of Restorationists out of any province at 1/3rd of their population. This wasn’t too difficult of an accomplishment, though, as Shawpatin was among the least populous provinces in the country.
That was also true of the final interior western province to cover, that being Kootenay. As with the previous two, Kootenay got its name from the river that bisected it, and also like those two it was a province known for its wilderness and natural scenic beauty. Kootenay shared the famous Icefields National Park with Athabasca (originally called High Rockies by me, but it’s neither the highest part of the Rockies nor the most northerly part, so I opted to change it), home to mountain scenery that looked like it was straight out of a fairy tale, and that was far from the only place of exceptional natural beauty in the province. City wise, Kootenay didn’t have any major ones, but the province did have some medium and smaller cities that are worth mentioning. The province’s capital, Spokane, was an attractive mid-sized city located at the entrance to the Columbia Basin between the Rockies and Cascades. The city of Silver Bow, at the very eastern edge of the province, had been a boomtown in the late 19th Century due to its mineral deposits, and as of TTL’s present had one of the world’s largest copper mines. Other notable cities and towns within Kootenay included Missoula, Kasanka and Pointed Heart. The basin between the Rockies and Cascades I mentioned a few sentences ago was one of the most important agricultural regions in the American West. The rolling hills of the basin’s eastern section had become a regional breadbasket, and while much of the rest of the basin was rather dry, that wasn't anything a little irrigation couldn't solve. Kootenay’s demographics were much more like the country at large than Colorado or Shawpatin, which is to say that the Restorationist population was much smaller than in those two provinces. Like the other two, Kootenay was fairly sparsely populated, with large areas of untapped or lightly tapped wilderness and a handful of National Parks. Also like Colorado and Shawpatin, outdoor activities like hiking, camping and skiing were very popular and widespread in Kootenay, with some of the country's largest ski areas being located within the province. I think I've covered the interior west in sufficient detail, so now let's get to the main course, the four West Coast provinces, and as with the interior, we will go from south to north. That means we'll start with a province that was rapidly rising up the ranks to become one of the Commonwealth's most populous and most important, New Albion.
Given its name by famed English privateer and explorer Sir Francis Drake, the first European power to establish colonies in New Albion were the Spanish, who founded a series of missions along the coastline on both sides of the 36th parallel that was to become the eventual border. The Russians would also found their southernmost outpost in North America in the province, but this wouldn’t lead to any greater Russian influence due to the vast distance from their already very remote northern colony. The first Anglo-Americans would make their way to New Albion in the early 19th Century as fur trappers and explorers, and from there interest in the region would grow. Of particular interest to the Anglos was the San Francisco Bay, the largest natural harbor on the west coast of North America and one that would make a perfect naval base and port city. New Albion, or Alta California in Spanish, would become disputed territory between The British and Spanish empires during the mid 19th Century, with the Spanish and British both attempting to increase their reach in this far off land. This dispute would be settled by the First Global War of the 1860s and 1870s, with the Anglo-Americans taking all of New Albion/Alta California north of the 36th Parallel (it was the 37th in older updates, but I changed it to the 36th for a few reasons). With Anglo control over this area established, the now province of New Albion would rapidly become a crucial part of the Anglo-American empire. San Francisco (or Saint Francis, I’m not sure whether to keep the Spanish name or Anglicize it) would balloon in size to become one of the largest cities in the country, with even the earthquake of 1906 proving to be just a temporary, albeit sizable setback. The rapidly growing economy, spectacular scenery and mild Mediterranean climate would draw hordes of both Americans and foreigners to the Bay Area, and a century after its acquisition it was one of the five largest urban areas in the country. San Francisco, nicknamed the Golden City, was known worldwide as a remarkably beautiful city, its international profile only growing after it hosted the 1972 Summer Olympics. Built on a large, hilly peninsula, San Francisco would be built up from the shoreline to its summit, with steep and sometimes windy streets. The architecture of the city, a mix of buildings built before or after the aforementioned earthquake, was a mix of colorful residences, Mediterranean inspired landmarks and more modern skyscrapers. Trolleys ran up and down the hills, as well as a growing subway system and ferries traversing the bay to islands like Alcatraz and Yerba Buena. The most famous structure in San Francisco, though, was the massive bridge spanning the entrance to the bay, which not only carried traffic but had spectacular views of the Pacific to the west and Bay Area to the east.
The Bay Area wasn’t just San Francisco, but an interconnected web of several large cities, such as Oakland on the eastern shore of the bay, Saint Joseph in the south and Carquinez in the north. The Bay Area was home to the Imperial Navy’s primary base in the Eastern Pacific and the largest commercial port on North America’s west coast. Outside of the Bay Area itself, the southern coast of New Albion was home to charming coastal towns like Monterey, Holy Cross and Torquay as well as some of the most gorgeous scenery the West Coast had to offer, which combined to make it the American equivalent of the French Riviera. Also like the south of France, New Albion was a major producer of wine. The first vineyards had been established by the Spanish missions for sacramental wine, and even after the American conquest wineries continued to operate and expand. The hills and valleys around the San Francisco Bay were dotted with vineyards and other orchards, only adding to the natural beauty the region was known for. The coastline in New Albion north of the San Francisco bay was surprisingly sparsely populated, with only a few towns dotting this otherwise wild coast. The largest of these was Eureka, which sat on the largest natural harbor in the province north of San Francisco, but even that was more of a large town than a proper city. Most of the north shore of New Albion was covered by towering redwood forests, home to some of the tallest trees in the world, much of which was now under protection as various nature reserves and a national park. The parts of the redwood forest that weren’t protected areas were home to a number of lumber (pun kinda intended) yards and sawmills, which were the lifeline to many small towns and communities along the coast and in the hills further inland.
Far more populous than the north coast of New Albion was the province’s central valley, which had been turned into one of the great breadbaskets of the North American continent. The Mediterranean climate, fertile soil and abundant water for irrigation meant that the Central Valley could grow a variety of crops that weren’t suitable in most of the country. Various fruits, vegetables and nuts were cultivated in the Central Valley, producing a majority of the Commonwealth’s supply of citrus and almonds to give two examples. The Central Valley was a major grain producer, particularly rice, which thrived with the hot summers and irrigation. Marginal, less fertile land was home to herds of livestock, not quite as vast as those on the plains or the intermountain west but still a notable part of New Albion’s agricultural sector. The Central Valley obviously wasn’t all rural, as a number of cities had developed over the previous century, the largest of those being Sacramento. With its location at the confluence of the Sacramento and Lagos rivers, Sacramento was an obvious location for a major city, and that is exactly what it became, being second to only San Francisco within the province and one of the largest cities on the West Coast overall. The Central Valley’s other large cities were Reading, Tuleburg, Littleton, Red Bluff, Yuba, Tuolumne, Merced, Ashton and Kawea, with populations ranging from the tens to hundreds of thousands each. East of the Central Valley were the Snowy Mountains, or Sierra Nevada (SM/SN for short), the range that split New Albion in two. The mountains, comparable to the Rockies in height, had, like the Rockies, been a major obstacle to transportation in the settlement period. Roads and railways crossing the mountains would be constructed over the decades, making travel a lot easier, but winter snowstorms could still prove a major hazard. By the late 20th Century, though, the mountains were known for its scenery and recreation. Lake Tahoe, Ahwahnee Valley and Kings Canyon were three famous national parks in the SM/SN, and activities like skiing, hiking and camping were commonplace. North of the SM/SN in New Albion was the southernmost portion of the Cascades, including its second highest peak, Mount Wakanunee.
We’ll get back to the Cascades in a bit, but we’re not done with New Albion quite yet. The eastern border of the province was not the SM/SN, but rather the 117th parallel running through the deserts and mountain ranges of the Great Basin. New Albion east of the SM/SN was far more sparsely populated than the areas to the west, and one could drive for miles upon miles without seeing any sign of civilization. This was, after all, where the Commonwealth’s first Atomic Weapon was detonated (see Part 126 for more on that), so that’s got to say something about the region’s population density, or lack thereof. There were some towns and cities in eastern New Albion, the most important being Troutville and Washoe. Eastern New Albion was also home to Death Valley, one of the hottest places in the world, where temperature of 130℉/55℃ had been recorded.
With a population of 13.5 million as of 1970, New Albion had become a powerhouse of a province. The Bay Area, as mentioned previously, was one of the five most populated urban areas in the country, and the most populous in the western half of the country. Nearly half of New Albion’s population lived in the Bay Area, the rest living in the other parts of the province I talked about. The demographic makeup of New Albion was also interesting. As was expected, White Americans made up a solid majority of New Albion’s population, just under 80% as of 1970. As was expected, the lion’s share of the White population of New Albion were your standard Anglo-Americans whose origins lie in the British Isles. Others of Northern/Western European descent (German, Dutch, Nordic etc.) also made their way to New Albion, blending in easily with the Anglos. Southern Europeans, who usually immigrated to Latin America rather than the Commonwealth, were nonetheless attracted to New Albion by the familiar climate and topography. The wine industry established by Spanish missionaries would be expanded upon in large part by Portuguese and Italian immigrants, to whom winemaking was second nature. San Francisco’s Little Italy neighborhood was one of the largest in the country, and Portuguese immigrants had their own enclave in New Lisbon on the north side of the bay.
On the topic of Southern Europe, Latin Americans made up 10% of New Albion’s population. Most of these were of Mexican (specifically Northern Mexican) origin, whether they’d settled in New Albion prior to the American conquest or come recently. Many farms in the Central Valley used Mexican labor to grow and harvest their crops, and while they largely started out as seasonal migrants a lot would eventually permanently settle north of the 36th. Towns across the Central Valley had large Mexican populations, and many close to the border had an outright Mexican majority, and with Mexico’s population and thus cross border immigration growing this was set to continue in the coming decades. Asians, whether East or South, were 5% of the population. The majority of Asians in New Albion were Georgines, who numbered 400,000 in the province. Georgines, being majority Christian and British subjects, were preferred over other East Asians, with them being brought over to work in agriculture, particularly rice cultivation which they were well acquainted with. Little Manila in San Francisco was home to the largest Georgine diaspora population, with nearly 100,000 living in the city of San Francisco and another 100,000 scattered across the Bay Area. 250,000 East Asians of other nationalities lived in New Albion, half of those being Japanese and most of the remainder being Chinese. 100,000 South Asians resided in New Albion, many of them being recent arrivals who came to America in the aftermath of the Hindustani War of Independence. The Black population in New Albion stood at about half a million, though it was growing at a steady clip. That leaves us about 400,000 more (the White population being 10.5 million), which was mostly split between the mixed race and Native populations. A quarter of a million of New Albion’s residents were of mixed ethnic origin, though this number is higher in reality as many of the province’s Mexicans were Mestizo. Finally, there was the native population of New Albion, numbering just over 100,000. Between Old World diseases and conflict with settlers, New Albion’s native population had a bad time during the period of settlement by both the Spanish and later Anglos. Several native reservations were scattered throughout the province, which were now home to a large share of New Albion’s original inhabitants. I’ve dedicated a lot of time to New Albion, so let’s now head up to the Pacific Northwest and the three provinces of which it was composed.
The native people of the Pacific Northwest had taken advantage of the abundant fisheries of the various inlets and rivers to build sedentary fishing-based societies with one of the highest population densities north of Mesoamerica. While both Sir Francis Drake and (maybe) the Greek-born Spanish explorer Juan de Fuca had conducted expeditions into the Northwest in the 16th Century, it wouldn’t be until the 18th that Europeans would really get involved in Northwestern America. Fur traders from British North America would make their way across the Rockies into the Columbia River basin, from which they’d be able to reach the Pacific. Fort Wimal, taking the local native name, would be constructed at the river’s mouth to extend the fur trade as far as possible and secure the Columbia Basin for the British Empire. A community would in time grow around the fort, which would later give rise to the city of Port Wimal. Way up in the far north, the Russian Empire would found fur trading posts along the coast in the land they called Alyeska, making the natives into a serf workforce. The Russian presence in North America would also expand to New Albion as mentioned earlier as well as in the Hawaiian Archipelago, though in both cases the British would prevail. The British would too prevail in Alyeska, as the Anglo-American empire would capture it during the First Global War and officially incorporate it into the Commonwealth of America in the North American peace treaty (expect some revisions to the course of the TL when I eventually make a Maps & Graphics series. The core will be kept the same, but some details will change). Over the ensuing century the Pacific Northwest would go from a frontier to a key part of the Commonwealth, with a population numbering nearly 10 million and multiple large cities. Let’s now give more of a deep dive to each of the three Northwestern Provinces, starting in the south and heading north. This means that we’ll begin in Oregon.
Oregon, centrally located on the American West Coast, had been highly sought after by settlers. The Willamitt Valley, with its fertile soils, mild European climate and namesake river was one of the most desirable places on the west coast to settle, and would go on to be the core of the province. White settlement in Oregon would be centered around the Wilamit, with the cities of Oregon City (the province’s capital), Newbury, Chimikitty, St. Albans, Corvallis and Chiffin (spelled without the g at the end now) springing up along its banks. The Willamitt Valley was, as implied earlier, a major agricultural region on the west coast, producing a wide variety of crops from wheat to fruit and even a sizable wine industry, though not as large as that in New Albion, along with good pasture land for livestock.
Now, outside of the valley that was home to most of the province’s population we have three more broader regions in Oregon, those being the coast, the Cascades and the interior. Oregon’s coastline continued the surprisingly low population of New Albion’s northern shoreline, though not quite to the same extent. Most of Oregon’s coastline was made of long stretches of beach with the occasional headland or natural harbor breaking it up. Apart from the aforementioned Port Wimal, the main towns on the Oregon Coast were Tillamook, Yaquina Bay and Coos Bay.
On the other side of the Willamitt Valley were the Oregonian section of the Cascade Mountains, which divided the province’s verdant west from its drier east. The most famous landmarks in Oregon’s Cascades were doubtlessly Mount Hood, a snow capped stratovolcano towering a mile and a half above the surrounding forest and Crater Lake, a deep, circular lake formed in the crater of a collapsed volcano. On the eastern slopes of the Oregonian Cascades were the towns of Yulalona and Bend, two of the largest towns in the province east of the mountains. South of the Willamitt Valley in southern Oregon were the towns of Umpqua, Takelam and Medford, each with populations in the tens of thousands. The interior of Oregon, which made up most of the province’s area, was much like eastern New Albion, a dry landscape made of steppe interspersed by mountain ranges. No large cities existed in this part of the province, though there were some smaller cities and towns that I’m not gonna bother listing.
It’s now time to move north across the Columbia River to the province which shared its name. The Province of Columbia was the heart of the Commonwealth's northwest, and not too far behind New Albion in importance. The chain of cities along the Salish Sea from Olympia in the south to Acernia in the north was the second most important metro region on the West Coast only behind the Bay Area, and the gap wasn’t that large. Outside of the metro was some of the most unspoilt nature and landscapes the country (well, outside of the barren north I talked about in Part 104… three years ago) had to offer (gosh, does time fly). We’ll now begin our more in-depth look at the province in my typical manner (I’m 100% aware of how repetitive my writing style is).
As in the previous two provinces, the Pacific coast proper was pretty sparsely populated. The largest towns directly on the Pacific were Aberdeen, Ucluelet and Nachicks, but they didn’t have a population larger than the low five figures at most. Directly across the Columbia River from Oregon were the cities of Vancouver and Cowlitz, and just north of that was Newaukum. Finally, we get to Olympia, the start of the chain of cities I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Stretching 200 miles from one end to the other, this region was home to the majority of Columbia’s population and, like the Bay Area in New Albion, had grown precipitously in preceding decades. From south to north the primary cities within the chain were Olympia, Tacoma, Chatham, Port Gardner, Skagiton, Bellingham, New Westminster and Acernia. These cities had populations ranging from the tens to hundreds of thousands, which when combined with the suburbs and small towns along the route made for a population of several million. The western shore of the Salish Sea, for that matter, also had some sizable population centers like Camosack (I’d originally called it Victoria as IOTL, but Queen Victoria’s existence in this world is TBD), Nanaimo and Sequim, but they didn’t come close to matching the eastern shore. The 1966 Winter Olympics were hosted at various venues on the eastern shore and in the Cascades, with the main ceremonies being held in Tacoma, which brought greater notoriety to the whole province. Speaking of that, as with Oregon, the Cascades were the big barrier between the province’s greener and more populated west and drier, sparser east. The five major peaks within the Columbian Cascades were, from north to south, Mount Baker, Mount Takobia, Mount Rainier (the highest), Mount Pahto and Mount St. Helens, the latter of which may or may not experience a major eruption within the broader timeframe of this update. These towering peaks surrounded by dense forests of spruce, pine and fir became emblematic of the Commonwealth’s northwest, as would other places of natural beauty in the province like the Olympic Mountains and other places we’ll get to shortly.
The interior of Columbia, like in New Albion and Oregon, was less populated and more wild than the coastline along the Salish Sea. The Columbia Basin, which I mentioned in the Kootenay segment, made up the southern portion of Columbia’s interior, and was home to many farms and ranches, producing goods ranging from wheat to wine. The basin was home to cities and towns like Kennewick, Yakima, Kittitas, Wenatchee and Omak, with the combined population numbering in the six figures. North of the Columbia Basin were a series of forests and mountain ranges broken up by river valleys and patches of open land. The northern interior of Columbia also had some notable cities and towns, such as Kamloops, Kelowna, Penticton and Fort George, islands of civilization in the vast wilderness of northern Columbia. Columbia’s coastline north of New Westminster and Acernia and on Vancouver Island was a vast network of channels and fjords similar to those of Norway, which while beautiful wasn’t the best place to build a city. The largest city on the northern coast of Columbia, Port Kaien, only had about 20,000 residents, which went to show how empty and wild this northern coastline was.
Speaking of demographics, now is a good time to talk about that not just for Columbia, but also for Oregon, which I forgot to do earlier. As stated earlier, the two Pacific Northwestern provinces had a combined population of close to 10 million as of 1970, Columbia with six and a half million and Oregon with three million. Most of this population lived along the corridor between Chiffin and Acernia, a corridor that was still growing fast in population and importance. In terms of ethnic demographics, Whites made up 85% of Columbia and Oregon’s population (combining the two to shorten this segment), most being of British, Irish or otherwise Northwest European heritage. With its mild climate, the Pacific Northwest became a favored destination of British and other European immigrants during the late 19th Century and remained so to the present, though immigration from Europe was well past its peak by the late 20th Century. Numerous towns in the PNW bore the names of locations in the Old World, some of which I have listed in previous segments, and even in the TL’s present day languages like German or Norwegian could be heard from time to time.
East Asians were the next largest racial group at 5% of the population. The large agricultural, forestry and fishing industries of the Northwest, seeking cheap labor, recruited workers from the Far East, mainly Japan and The Georgines, to work effectively as indentured servants. These mostly male migrant workers would bring over their families and found ethnic enclaves in the New World. Their level of integration into the broader society varied by their location, religious affiliation and attitudes both inside and outside their communities, but a number of East Asians in the Northwest had become solidly middle class. The Amerindian population of the Northwest was still around, at 3% of the two provinces’ combined population. Most of the Northwest’s Amerindian population had been shoved onto reservations in the late 19th Century, and while many still lived there, there was a growing movement from the rez to the city. Africans and Latin Americans each made up 2% of the population, and the remaining 3% were a mixture of other racial/ethnic groups and those of mixed background.
This update is well over 5,000 words in length, easily the longest one in the series. This would be a good time to end the update, given that it’s already this long. Nope, it’s not over just yet, as I’ve still got one more province left to cover. The newest province, in fact, only being inducted into the Commonwealth in the last handful of years. For this we will now travel to the very northwestern corner of North America, a land of vast boreal forests, towering mountains and frigid cold. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Alaska.
The first thing to know about Alaska is that it’s absolutely massive, the largest province in the Commonwealth (though Laurentia comes close now that I’ve added all of OTL’s Quebec + Labrador to it) and larger than most countries. The province spanned over 2,000 miles from east to west, or one could say east to east, as the westernmost of the province’s Aleutian Islands were in fact on the other side of the 180th meridian, the exact opposite time from London, which served as the basis for the Anglosphere’s lines of longitude. Alaska was vast on a north-south basis too, with the distance from the Pacific to Arctic oceans spanning over 1,000 kilometers. This colossal size did not translate to a large population, as the late date of settlement and even later building of infrastructure connecting to the rest of the country plus the intense cold meant that in 1970 Alaska only had a few hundred thousand residents, which was still a lot more than the rest of the Commonwealth's far north had. The original northern border for Alaska was to be the Yukon River, but the discovery of oil along the Arctic Coast led to the border being extended from sea to frozen sea, with the new eastern boundary being the Iron and Dehcho Rivers.
Alaska, as stated in the previous paragraph, was overwhelmingly empty. A flight over or drive through Alaska would show almost nothing but unspoiled wilderness, which one would certainly not want to get lost in. With that said, Alaska did have its share of population centers, even if they usually were quite small. The province’s capital city, New Archangel, sat on an island on the province’s southeastern coast, a continuation of the fjords and channels that made up Columbia’s northern coast. The climate of this area was much more mild than most of the province, more like Scotland than Siberia. Another significant town in southeastern Alaska was Skagway (originally Shakagey ITTL, but I decided OTL’s name was better), located deep within a fjord and a main port of entry for prospectors headed towards the interior goldfields during the gold rush. Going westward along Alaska’s Pacific Coast and we get to the Kenai Peninsula, the most populated part of the province. East of the peninsula was Valdez, another town located at the head of a fjord which served as a major port for the oil industry. On the Kenai Peninsula proper were the towns of Resurrection Bay, Kachemak and St. Nicholas, each home to a few thousand. The only proper city in Alaska, Anchorage, was just north of the Kenai Peninsula. Home to around 100,000 people, Anchorage alone made up over a quarter of the province’s population. Named for being a location where Captain Cook dropped his anchor on his final voyage, Anchorage was now an important trading hub, both by ship and increasingly by plane, as its location gave it relatively quick aerial access to North America, East Asia and Europe (via the North Pole) alike. Southwestern Alaska in the Peninsula and Aleutians was home to a variety of communities, primarily based on fishing, which Alaska had become well known for. Most coastal communities in the southwest had populations ranging from a few dozen to a few hundred, separated by miles of wilderness. The largest of these communities were Kodiak and Unalaska, each on islands near the mainland with populations of a few thousand.
Finally we get to Alaska’s vast, overwhelmingly empty interior. The taiga stretched for miles in all directions, for the most part untouched by civilization. Interrupting it were a variety of rivers and mountains, including Denali, the highest mountain in North America and an iconic symbol of the province. Temperatures in the Alaskan interior during the winter often sunk below -40 degrees, only made more unbearable by the near total night during said winter.
In spite of the harsh environment, people did indeed brave the cold to make the center of Alaska their home. The small cities of Whitehorse, Hammerstone and Chena City had grown up in the interior of Alaska, home to populations around 10,000 apiece. Small hamlets and roadhouses dotted the boreal forest, as well as residences and native communities that were located off the grid deep in the bush. Wildlife flourished in the Alaskan interior, with large bear, wolf and moose populations inhabiting the boreal forests. Combine that with the abundant fish in its rivers and streams and Alaska’s interior was a hunter or nature lover’s paradise, at least in the half of the year where it wasn’t in a deep freeze.
There’s one more area of the province we’ve yet to get to, the most inhospitable of them all: The Arctic Coast. Located north of the Arctic Circle, the Arctic coast of Alaska was barren of all but the smallest and hardiest of vegetation. The native inhabitants of not just northern Alaska but the entire Arctic coast of North America were the Inuit (using PC terminology here), a collection of related, phenotypically East Asian peoples who excelled at hunting Arctic marine animals like seals, whales and fish and were known for often living in igloos. Even today the majority of the Arctic coast’s inhabitants were Inuit, as they were pretty much the only ones willing or able to live in this harsh environment… until recently, that is.
With oil having been discovered in the southern part of Alaska near Anchorage, oil exploration was soon conducted in other parts of the province to see if there was any more black gold to be found. Turns out there was, and that black gold was located way up in the Arctic. These discoveries were quite recent as of the current date of the TL, so production hadn’t yet started, but infrastructure to connect the newly found deposits to the rest of the country was being constructed. The province was still in the process of recovering from the colossal earthquake that hit in 1964, and this discovery was sure to help.
Wow, that was quite the update. While there are some non-provincial jurisdictions I didn’t get to like the Northern Territory (OTL’s Northwest Territories plus Nunavut) and the Chicago Capital District (which already got a full update not too long ago), I’ve now covered the entire Commonwealth of America, from sea to shining (to frozen) sea. To be honest, I’m not entirely sure what to do next. I’ve got a few ideas for places to do a deep dive on, and I should probably update my other TL, but I might need a bit of a break. The Commonwealth Quartet, as I shall now dub it, took the entire first third of the year. To think that my updates used to come out every week or two and be 1,000 words at most, for as repetitive as I can be I have grown immensely as a writer. At this point I’m not sure if I’ll ever finish the written segment of this TL, I might just continually find new things to write about. That will in all likelihood include even more retcons, the earlier lore was significantly underdeveloped and will need some serious revisions if I ever get to the Maps & Graphics sequel. Well, I should probably call it here, lest it get even longer. Farewell from the Commonwealth of America, guys, I’ll get back to you before too long.

Resource Guide: Commonwealth Of America Locations As Of Part 154 New
Laurentia:
  • Kirkeston (OTL Québec City)
  • Three Rivers (OTL Trois Rivières)
  • Mount Royal (OTL Montréal)
  • Brellington (OTL Montmagny)
  • Wolf River (OTL Rivière-du-Loup)
  • Mactan (OTL Matane)
  • Gaspay (OTL Gaspé)
  • Williamstown (OTL Sorel-Tracy)
  • Shawinigan (OTL Shawinigan)
  • Cheltenham (OTL Donnacona)
  • Riverbend (OTL Repentigny)
  • Falton (OTL Chambly)
  • Rockford (OTL Drummondville)
  • Arabasca (OTL Victoriaville)
  • Shecootimee (OTL Chicoutimi)
  • Pine Falls (OTL Portage-du-Fort)
  • Caroline Island (OTL Île Jésus)
  • New Lambeth (OTL Longueuil)
  • Southwark (OTL Lévis)
  • Hull (OTL Gatineau)
  • Sherbrooke
  • Saguenay River
  • Sheecootimee (OTL Saguenay)
  • Tadosack (OTL Tadoussac)
  • Manicoogan (OTL Baie-Comeau)
  • Seven Isles (OTL Sept-Îles)
  • Mickan (OTL Mingan)
  • Gold Valley (OTL Val-d’Or)
  • Copper Lake (OTL Rouyn-Noranda)
  • Bolton (OTL Beloeil)
  • Tremblemount (OTL Mont-Tremblant)
New Caledonia:
  • Saint John
  • New Falkirk (OTL Truro)
  • Pesacid (OTL Windsor)
  • Riversbend (OTL Moncton)
  • Naymche (OTL Amherst)
  • St. Andrews (OTL Charlottetown)
  • Machias
  • Conasamuc (OTL St. Andrews, NB)
  • New Inverness (OTL Miramichi)
  • Dornoch (OTL Bathurst)
  • Annestown (OTL Summerside)
  • Halifax
  • Epegwed (OTL Prince Edward Island)
  • Welamuco (OTL Oromocto)
  • Leith (OTL Halifax)
  • Perth (OTL Sydney, NS)
Commonwealth of America:
  • Fort Catarockway (OTL Kingston)
  • Ottawa
  • Toronto
  • Fort Niagara
  • Windsor (OTL Detroit)
  • Lake Pibago (OTL Lake Champlain)
  • Fort Ticonderoga
  • Fort Michilimackinac (OTL Mackinac Island)
  • St. Mary’s (OTL Sault Ste. Marie)
  • Onigaminsing (OTL Duluth)
  • Sandusky
  • Gaminstigwea (OTL Thunder Bay)
  • Pittsburgh
  • Fort Kensington (OTL Parkersburg)
  • Petawawa
  • Belleville, ON
  • Ochaway (OTL Oshawa)
  • Portage (OTL North Bay)
  • Erie, PA
  • Fort Vancouver (OTL Vancouver, WA)
  • Shawpatin River (Snake River)
  • Oregon City
  • Twin Falls, ID
  • Edmonton
  • Saskwaton (OTL Saskatoon)
  • Fort Sutayo (OTL Fort Laramie)
  • Silver Bow (OTL Butte, MT)
  • Minneomi (OTL Minneapolis)
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • Icefields National Park (Canadian Rockies)
  • Adirondack National Park
  • San Francisco
  • Tacoma
  • New Westminster
  • Camosack (OTL Victoria)
  • Kamloops
  • New Archangel (OTL Sitka)
  • Milwaukee
  • Cleaveland (OTL Cleveland)
  • Losantiville (OTL Cincinnati)
  • Rapidston (OTL Louisville)
  • Moose Point (OTL L’Orignal)
  • Oakland
  • Tuleburg (OTL Stockton)
  • Sacramento
  • Reading (OTL Redding, CA)
  • Chiffin (OTL Eugene, OR)
  • Chimikitty (OTL Salem, OR)
  • Port Gardner (OTL Everett, WA)
  • Bellingham
  • Spokane
  • Eagle Rock (OTL Idaho Falls)
  • Salt Lake (OTL Salt Lake City)
  • Blackstone (OTL Lethbridge)
  • Goose Bay (OTL Happy Valley-Goose Bay)
  • Sudbury
  • Mattagami (OTL Timmins)
  • Moose Factory (OTL Moosonee)
  • Winnipeg
  • Grand Forks
  • Queensfort (OTL Portage-La-Prairie)
  • Pascoya (OTL The Pas)
  • Catepwas (OTL Fort Qu’appelle)
  • Battleford
  • Wascana (OTL Regina)
  • Swift Current
  • Redcliff (OTL Medicine Hat)
  • Bowville (OTL Calgary)
  • Elkford (OTL Red Deer)
  • Fort George (OTL Prince George)
  • St. James (OTL Fort St. James)
  • Kentucky River
  • Shawnee/Chaouanons River (OTL Cumberland River)
  • Falmouth (OTL Portland, Maine)
  • Utica
  • Syracuse
  • Rochester
  • East Niagara (OTL Niagara Falls, NY)
  • West Niagara (OT Niagara Falls, ON)
  • Lake Wentironk (OTL Lake Simcoe)
  • Augusta (OTL Hamilton, ON)
  • Zooniang (OTL Barrie, ON)
  • Brunswick (OTL Kitchener, ON)
  • Georgiana (OTL London, ON)
  • Mattawa River
  • Lake Nipissing
  • Erie
  • Youngstown
  • Kittanning
  • Dewsbury (OTL Warren, OH)
  • Miami River (OTL Maumee River)
  • Mansfield
  • Rockton (OTL Dayton)
  • Concord (OTL Indianapolis)
  • Crescentville (OTL Evansville, IN)
  • Lake Karegnondi (OTL Lake Huron)
  • Windsor River (OTL Detroit River)
  • Arboria (OTL Ann Arbor)
  • Kalamazoo
  • Owashtanong (OTL Lansing)
  • Muskegon
  • Wequetong (OTL Traverse City)
  • Inoka River (OTL Illinois River)
  • New Gotha (OTL Decatur, IL)
  • Sangamon (OTL Springfield, IL)
  • Williamstown (OTL Danville, IL)
  • Teeyakeke (OTL Kankakee, IL)
  • Port Augustina (OTL East Chicago, IN)
  • Wisconsin River
  • Rootport (OTL Racine, WI)
  • Kenosha
  • Waukegan
  • Lacusia (OTL Madison)
  • Mirow (OTL Janesville, WI)
  • Strelitz (OTL Sterling, IL)
  • Charlottesburg (OTL Rockford, IL)
  • Sheboygan
  • Spirit Harbor (OTL Manitowoc, WI)
  • Green Bay
  • Zibing (OTL Marquette, MI)
  • Aconema (OTL Appleton, WI)
  • Kew (OTL Fond du Lac, WI)
  • Wausau
  • Mecklenburg (OTL Stevens Point, WI)
  • Nickelburg (OTL Sudbury, ON)
  • Hahatonadeba River (OTL Chippewa River)
  • Dover (OTL Saint Paul, MN)
  • Stillwater
  • Anoka
  • New Laurentia (OTL Virginia, MN)
  • Cedarville (OTL Menomonie, WI)
  • Mookoman (OTL Cloquet, MN)
  • North Minneomi (OTL Northeast Minneapolis)
  • Cedar Rapids
  • Missouri City (OTL Columbia, MO)
  • Keoshaqua (OTL Des Moines)
  • Little Rock (OTL North Little Rock)
  • DuBois (OTL Forrest City, AR)
  • Allemagne (OTL Stuttgart, AR)
  • Saint Louis
  • Kansas (OTL Kansas City)
  • Kansas River
  • Ozark City (OTL Springfield, MO)
  • Niobrara River
  • Montana (OTL Denver)
  • Topeka
  • Salina
  • Omaha
  • Kotaville (OTL Sioux Falls)
  • Rapid City
  • Willowburg (OTL Bismarck)
  • Absaroka City (OTL Billings)
  • Kistapinanick (OTL Prince Albert)
  • Red River
  • Stone River (OTL Assiniboine River)
  • St. George, UT
  • Galilee (OTL Provo)
  • Grand Junction
  • Silvania (OTL Boise)
  • Spokane
  • Missoula
  • Kasanka (OTL Cranbrook, BC)
  • Pointed Heart (OTL Coeur D’Alene)
  • Saint Joseph (OTL San Jose)
  • Carquinez (OTL Vallejo)
  • Monterey
  • Holy Cross (OTL Santa Cruz, CA)
  • Torquay (OTL El Granada, CA)
  • Eureka
  • Lagos River (OTL American River)
  • Littleton (OTL Chico, CA)
  • Red Bluff
  • Yuba (OTL Yuba City)
  • Tuolumne (OTL Modesto)
  • Merced
  • Ashton (OTL Fresno)
  • Kawea (OTL Visalia)
  • Lake Tahoe
  • Ahwahnee Valley (OTL Yosemite National Park)
  • Kings Canyon
  • Alcatraz Island
  • Yerba Buena Island
  • Mount Wakanunee (OTL Mount Shasta)
  • Great Basin
  • Troutville (OTL Reno)
  • Washoe (OTL Carson City)
  • Port Wimal (OTL Astoria, OR)
  • Unjegah River (OTL Peace River)
  • Clearwater (OTL Clearwater, BC)
  • Penticton
  • York Factory
  • Fort Vermilion (set to be renamed in future)
  • Fort St. John (OTL Fort St. John, BC)
  • Hammerstone (OTL Dawson City)
  • Skagway
  • Kenai Peninsula
  • Willamitt River (OTL Willamette River)
  • St. Albans (OTL Albany, OR)
  • Newbury (OTL Newburg, OR)
  • Tillamook, OR
  • Yaquina Bay, OR
  • Coos Bay, OR
  • Mount Hood
  • Crater Lake
  • Yulalona (OTL Klamath Falls)
  • Bend, OR
  • Olympia
  • Acernia (OTL Vancouver, BC)
  • Aberdeen