Chapter 112: The Saintly Empress
Frankfurt, May 1555: Archduchess Eleanor of Austria died of old age. She was aged 76. She was also the last surviving child of Emperor Maximilian and Empress Emma (as her sister Johanna had died in 1548). Her children organized a lavish funeral for her and she was laid to rest beside her husband at Frankfurt Cathedral.

Vienna, July 1555: Meanwhile, Charles V also became seriously ill and on the brink of death, lingering on long enough to write a detailed will. He gave much of his personal fortune to charity. He also gave many personal artifacts to relatives, such as his brothers, Leopold and Maximilian, and their children. He finally died at the end of July. His son Maximilian became Emperor Maximilian III.

Rome, December 1555: Emperor Maximilian III was crowned in a lavish ceremony with his wife Emma of Brittany in Rome by Pope Leo X. They decided to spent Christmas at St. Peter’s Basilica.

Emperor Maximilian III and Empress Emma stayed for the the Feast of St. Stephen (December 26th). When Emma kneeled to pray at once of the Vatican’s many chapels, she has a vision of her late namesake in Heaven. Saint Emma’s message was brief but meaningful, “My daughter, wife of my beloved great-grandson, Maximilian, I have a message for you! God has commanded me to tell you that, very soon, there will be two Great Miracles! No one, unless they are very hard of heart and unrepentant, will be able to deny that it is directly from God and for the betterment of humanity. My canonization must be finished by Easter 1560. That is the date of the Second Great Miracle. Pray always, and think about the Passion of Jesus.”

Empress Emma the Younger then ran through the halls of the papal palace of the Castel Gondolfo to the apartments of Pope Leo. Upon awakening him, she dictated the Saint’s message to him. Investigations into Emma’s cause for sainthood begin, and she was quickly declared a Blessed.

Vienna, April 1556: Rudolf of Austria, grandson of the late Archduchess Eleanor, began to have visions of the past and future. He also took an interest in astrology and astronomy. Inspired by Empress Emma’s vision, he was given special visions from God concerning both past and present events. These visions were similar to those given to Sister Anne Boleyn. These visions were not apparitions, and they never contained any verbal message. Rudolf also had the incredible gift of bi-location. Few saints have this gift. They are able to be in two places at once. Pope Pius II managed to appear in England to his sister-in-law, Margaret of Lancaster, while he was Sovereign Pontiff in Rome. Spurred on by one such locution, his final son was named Milan, since Rudolf claimed to visited the city bi-location the day before the baby’s birth. Rudolf had never been very devout, unlike his brother who had given up everything to become a priest, but this increased his faith and he became a very pious and humble man.

Emperor Maximilian and his Empress employed their cousin as the official Court Astrologer. Rudolf soon claimed to see Two Great Miracles. He described them in a letter to the author of this chronicle. “I understood there will be Two Great Miracles. The first one will occur in 3 places in the world. Every person near these sanctuaries will be cured of any illness they may have, even if it is incurable. Many people will die of joy upon seeing the permanent sign that will rest upon these places. The Second Great Miracle will be a great celebration, full of joy and life. It will be in the Eternal City (Rome). Christ will show Himself to the the world.”

Vienna, June 1558: Archbishop Antonín Brus commissioned a special translation of the Bible in German, following on the translator work of Martin Luther and his daughter, Marie Eleanore. A preliminary edition of the Chronicles are also printed.

Rome, August 1558: And at the same time, an ecumenical council was called to settle some doctrines that were being debated. Pope Leo infallibly declared two Marian dogmas: Mary’s Immaculate Conception (confirmed by Our Lady of Lourdes in 1514, “I am the Immaculate Conception”), and Mary’s Assumption into Heaven. This came the same day as the First Great Miracle, announced by Sister Bernadette 8 days in advance. Doctrines concerning the heresies of “once saved, always saved” and “by faith alone” were also denounced. Finally, it was declared that “without the Church there is no salvation”. Pope Leo died during the council and a new Pope was elected. He was Henry of Saxony, now Pope Clement VII was elected. Seer Rudolf declared he was the Angelic Shepherd who has long been predicted by many Catholic saints. Clement had a sign of the Cross miraculously imprinted on his forehead.

Vienna, April 1559: Archduke Maximilian, having completed his eduction in Sienna, returned to his parent’s Court to wed his bride, Princess Cecily of England. Maximilian was cultured, wise, and patient. Cecily was vibrant and charming. They got on well. Cecily also befriended her new family, and Empress Emma held many ballroom dances for the Court, featuring her own daughters and Archduchess Cecily. However, these dances ended when it became obvious that Cecily was pregnant.

Vienna, January 1560: Princess Cecily gave birth to Archduke Maximilian’s firstborn son, Archduke Rudolf. He was named after his kinsman, Rudolf the Seer. While Emperor Maximilian had to stay behind to rule his country, Empress Emma and her two youngest daughters, Archduchesses Maria and Barbara (along with Rudolf the Seer, of course) decided to visit Rome for the Great Jubilee (the Second Great Miracle).

I, the author of this chronicle, have been instructed to reveal my name for the release of the Chronicle. I am Marie-Eleanore Luther. I was born in 1502, to Martin and Eleanore Luther. My mother died in childbirth with me. My father, became very devout after her death and was a faithful servant of the Church until his death. I myself grew up in the service of Empress Emma, the Saint, whom I loved very much. After her death, I became a religious sister, though I still hold much independence and am not cloistered. I knew many of the people in this Chronicle. I would like to state that I am simply a servant of truth, which is what I have conveyed here. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Last edited:
Chapter 113: The Children of the Saint
Greece
Princess Margret sails to Castile to wed Prince Juan. The Princess is reluctant but sees no way out of the arrangement. She does however insist on bringing her vast collection of books with her. She prays that her husband will prove understanding of her needs and not just view her as an oven for baking sons/an outlet for his base desires.

Isabella of Pamplona gives birth to her final child. The baby is a girl named Margret after the late Queen. Her husband had hoped for another son but will treasure the little girl regardless.

Cyprus
Theodoros Giustinani and Catherine the Younger welcome their first child, a son who is named Theodoros after his father.

Helena and Francesco welcome a son who is named Giovanni after Francesco's father. Francesco adores his newborn boy and is a good stepfather to Helena's other children. At long last the famed dressmaker of Cyprus has the happy home life she has always dreamed of.

Greece
Prince John weds Princess Isabella of Portugal in a magnificent ceremony at Mystras. After the wedding, the couple pays a visit to the tombs of John's ancestors. They pay their respects at the tomb of Catherine of Portugal, whose marriage to Constantine first allied the Greeks with the Iberians. Deeply religious, Isabella is keen to pray at the tombs of Catherine's husband Constantine XI, and her daughter Theodora both of whom are under consideration for Sainthood.

Isabella continues to demonstrate her exceptional piety, wearing modest clothes, donating to the poor, and praying frequently. She is especially keen to tend to the sick, believing her own miraculous healing gave her a calling to care for them. Her people love her, as do her in-laws. She takes a special liking to her simple and gentle sister-in-law Isabella.

Her husband for his part is confused. He loves her beauty, in response to her desire to wear less ostentatious clothing he told her he wished she never wore any clothing at all. She proceeded to scold him sharply.

This brings us to his problem with her. Isabella's maturity and dignity make him feel like a child. Though kind to her husband, Isabella is not afraid to scold him for his bad habits. She lectures him about drinking too much and staying up too late. She tells him off when he kisses or tries to paw at her in public, even though in John's mind she should be flattered. She insists on praying just before and just after their nightly couplings. John can tell how much she enjoys their nights together and teases her incessantly. Isabella’s face turns bright red and she mutters about her duties as a wife. John’s parents cannot help but be amused by the couple's antics, a blooming love so similar to their own. As winter approaches Isabella confides in her sisters that she believes she is expecting a child. They agree to hide it from John until Christmas time, believing the news will be the perfect present. John is happy to hear of it, kissing Isabella and holding her tightly when she tells him. However, he becomes more irritated when he finds out his sisters knew about it before he did.

Cyprus
In both Greece and Cyprus, a new hybrid culture is taking shape. The Greeks are adopting the Cypriot practices of tourney and chivalry while the Cypriots increasingly wear Greek dress and view themselves as heirs to the Roman Empire and the civilization of the classical world. Children are increasingly given names harkening back to the classical world. Greek art and letters flourish.

Greece
Isabella spends her pregnancy fervently praying for a healthy boy. She visits as many religious shrines as she is able to in her condition. She is especially fond of praying at the tomb of her ancestor, Catherine of Portugal, who she prays will intercede and protect her baby. John cannot stand to see his wife so serious. He gently teases her and jests about how their son will come out a monk. But he really does care for his wife, granting her every favor and comfort. The couple are closely bonded and by the time the birth nears, truly in love.

Isabella's labor starts during a thunderstorm. Her screams linger with the crack of thunder to make a horrible sound that none involved shall ever forget. Her sister-in-law Isabella Paleologos is driven to hysterical weeping, requiring comfort from her mother and her sister Theodora. It seems like the Princess will be unable to push the child out and both will perish. However, she finds an unexpected reserve of strength and delivers a healthy and plump girl. Once she recovers she insists that she was saved by the intercession of Catherine of Portugal. She demands that her daughter be named Catherine. A grateful Constantine readily agrees.

Cyprus
All of Helena’s children and grandchildren return to Cyprus to be with her. She is ill and they fear she will die. She is happy to see them but believes she has a few more years left. Isabella is distraught at the thought of living without her longtime partner but Helena tells her to look towards her children and grandchildren for comfort.

Greece

It does not take long after Catherine’s birth for Isabella to fall pregnant again. This time things are much easier for her. When not with her husband and daughter she spends her time in the company of her sisters-in-law. Isabella easily delivers her child, a son, whom John names Constantine after his father. The boy is strong and healthy. The vast Paleologos family dotes on little Constantine, the future of the dynasty and heir to a most illustrious name.

Constantine decides to strengthen the ties between the branches of the Paleologos family. His second son Baldwin weds Hercules’s daughter Eudoxia. The Normally quiet and unassuming Baldwin goes absolutely crazy over his new bride, to the great amusement of his brother John. Eudoxia is flattered at all the attention but she confesses in a letter to her sister Elanor that she finds her husband a bit immature, almost puppy-like in his devotion, "although I shall certainly endeavor to be a kind master to this most devoted hound". Soon enough Eudoxia falls pregnant. Just before New Year, the couple welcomed a son. Baldwin, not offended in the slightest at being once again upstaged by his brother, names the boy Andreas after his grandfather. Eudoxia is touched at the way Baldwin dotes on her and her child. She reflects that she is lucky to have married such a man.

Cyprus
Anne, the daughter of Princess Isabella of Greece and Theodoros Giustiniani the elder, weds Cesare of Monferrato, the daughter of Philip and Emma Borgia. Helena summons the strength to attend her grandson’s special day. The couple prove to be well matched, to the relief of all, especially Princess Isabella, who could not bear the idea of her only daughter entering into an unhappy marriage.

Greece
Princess Theodora prepares to sail for Italy to wed Peter the heir to Milan, she will not be going alone. The Greek court has received word that the Pope has announced a great jubilee. King Constantine and Queen Elanor will sail alongside their daughter. The whole family will go with them, with Hercules once again being made regent.

The King and Queen know that many important people will travel to Italy for the jubilee and they are keen to build alliances. Elanor also hopes to see friends and relatives.

Isabella of Portugal is reluctant to be parted from her small children but eager to see the papal ceremony. She is also very happy for her sister-in-law Theodora. John for his part is determined to protect his little sister. He is also keen to do his best to represent the Greek Kingdom, alongside his parents.
Baldwin was reluctant to come along but his ambitious wife Eudoxia urged him on. She hopes to find a match for their child in Italy.

Princess Isabella clings tightly to her younger sister Theodora. She cannot bear the thought of being parted from her best friend and caretaker. She begs her mother to be allowed to remain in Italy with Theodora. The King and Queen agree, but only if Theodora’s husband can be persuaded to keep her.

Theodora herself as always thinks of others first. She spends more time comforting her anxious sister than thinking of her impending marriage. When she does think of Alfonso it is with nervousness and resignation. She has done her duty as a daughter and sister and so she will do her duty as a wife, no matter how her husband treats her. A small part of her, after spending her whole life caring and giving love to others, hopes that Alfonso will in turn love and adore her, but she dares not hope for too much.

Thirteen-year-old Elanor is as proud and haughty as ever. She is growing into a great beauty and takes pleasure in the attention she is getting from boys. Of course, she knows she must be pious, but in her heart of hearts, she hopes to wear a glamorous dress and meet someone handsome at the jubilee. Despite her self-centered nature, she does care for her older sister Isabella. Theodora has made her take an oath to care for their older sister once she leaves for her marriage. Elanor agrees, but she figures she will have to pawn her off to one of her sisters-in-law. For her mother will surely get a glamorous foreign match for her namesake.

Young Thomas and Andreas are eager to meet the chivalry of Europe. Andreas has even shown interest in joining the Knights Hospitaller. His father has promised him that if he does he will rise to become Grand Master. Young Thomas idolizes his brother John and vows to follow him to the gates of Hell. His mother tells him not to swear.

Their youngest child Richard is a good boy, well adapted to his future role as a priest. He is very clingy towards his mother and happy that he will not have to leave her for many years.

The family arrives in Naples where they are greeted by their Neopolitan cousins, including an extremely aged Eudoxia Paleologos, who is overjoyed to see her kin one last time.

After spending time in Naples they head to Rome, where they are reunited with the aged Cardinal Martin and Constantine’s brother Bishop Pious. Despite their differences, the two brothers embrace after a long time apart. Young Richard is eager to meet his kin and Martin, though he has no children of his own, takes joy at this new addition to his family.

They also meet their Borgia kin, the family of Theodora’s daughter Theophano and her husband Romulus.

In Rome, they meet with the Milanese. Alfonso and Theodora are wed. The heir to Milan is tall and handsome and an embarrassed Theodora admits to her mother that he makes her heart race. He is formal with her, not sure what to make of this young girl who is to be his for life, but Theodora feels safe and loved in his big strong arms. It is enough for her family. It turns out they will be leaving two daughters in Italy, Alfonso agrees to Theodora’s request to let her sister with her. An overjoyed Theodora plants an impromptu kiss on her husband in gratitude. Any hopes of intimacy are interrupted by her sister Isabella who embraces them both in a tight hug, a breach of etiquette only forgiven by her simple nature.

The whole family, even the rowdy boys, and prideful Elanor are moved by the young couple in love. A perfect symbol of new life this Easter.

Cyprus
Helena and Isabella sail to Rome to present their official history to the Church. Helena is once again ill but determined to live long enough to see her work presented to the world. Isabella cares little about receiving any public recognition but is determined to support her sister-in-law and love through thick and thin.

Helena’s children all travel to Rome with her to show their support for their ailing mother.
Isabella is also accompanied by her daughter Catherine and grandchildren.

Helena has a series of tearful reunions with her siblings, Eudoxia and Martin. Many speak of the great Queen Theodora but only they remember and love her as their mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This narrative is based on a chronicle crafted by multiple authors who have compiled sources from across the relevant period. The writers include Helena Giustinani, Helena of Monferato, Isabella of Savoy, Anne Laskarius, and her husband Francesco Giustinani and their daughter Madeline and Abess Bianca Giustiniani. I thank them for their tireless efforts to record history no matter how inconvenient it might be.

Frankfurt, May 1555: Archduchess Eleanor of Austria died of old age. She was aged 76. She was also the last surviving child of Emperor Maximilian and Empress Emma (as her sister Johanna had died in 1548). Her children organized a lavish funeral for her and she was laid to rest beside her husband at Frankfurt Cathedral.

Vienna, July 1555: Meanwhile, Charles V also became seriously ill and on the brink of death, lingering on long enough to write a detailed will. He gave much of his personal fortune to charity. He also gave many personal artifacts to relatives, such as his brothers, Leopold and Maximilian, and their children. He finally died at the end of July. His son Maximilian became Emperor Maximilian III.

Rome, December 1555: Emperor Maximilian III was crowned in a lavish ceremony with his wife Emma of Brittany in Rome by Pope Leo X. They decided to spent Christmas at St. Peter’s Basilica.

Emperor Maximilian III and Empress Emma stayed for the the Feast of St. Stephen (December 26th). When Emma kneeled to pray at once of the Vatican’s many chapels, she has a vision of her late namesake in Heaven. Saint Emma’s message was brief but meaningful, “My daughter, wife of my beloved great-grandson, Maximilian, I have a message for you! God has commanded me to tell you that, very soon, there will be two Great Miracles! No one, unless they are very hard of heart and unrepentant, will be able to deny that it is directly from God and for the betterment of humanity. My canonization must be finished by Easter 1560. That is the date of the Second Great Miracle. Pray always, and think about the Passion of Jesus.”

Empress Emma the Younger then ran through the halls of the papal palace of the Castel Gondolfo to the apartments of Pope Leo. Upon awakening him, she dictated the Saint’s message to him. Investigations into Emma’s cause for sainthood begin, and she was quickly declared a Blessed.

Vienna, April 1556: Rudolf of Austria, grandson of the late Archduchess Eleanor, began to have visions of the past and future. He also took an interest in astrology and astronomy. Inspired by Empress Emma’s vision, he was given special visions from God concerning both past and present events. These visions were similar to those given to Sister Anne Boleyn. These visions were not apparitions, and they never contained any verbal message. Rudolf also had the incredible gift of bi-location. Few saints have this gift. They are able to be in two places at once. Pope Pius II managed to appear in England to his sister-in-law, Margaret of Lancaster, while he was Sovereign Pontiff in Rome. Spurred on by one such locution, his final son was named Milan, since Rudolf claimed to visited the city bi-location the day before the baby’s birth. Rudolf had never been very devout, unlike his brother who had given up everything to become a priest, but this increased his faith and he became a very pious and humble man.

Emperor Maximilian and his Empress employed their cousin as the official Court Astrologer. Rudolf soon claimed to see Two Great Miracles. He described them in a letter to the author of this chronicle. “I understood there will be Two Great Miracles. The first one will occur in 3 places in the world. Every person near these sanctuaries will be cured of any illness they may have, even if it is incurable. Many people will die of joy upon seeing the permanent sign that will rest upon these places. The Second Great Miracle will be a great celebration, full of joy and life. It will be in the Eternal City (Rome). Christ will show Himself to the the world.”

Vienna, June 1558: Archbishop Antonín Brus commissioned a special translation of the Bible in German, following on the translator work of Martin Luther and his daughter, Marie Eleanore. A preliminary edition of the Chronicles are also printed.

Rome, August 1558: And at the same time, an ecumenical council was called to settle some doctrines that were being debated. Pope Leo infallibly declared two Marian dogmas: Mary’s Immaculate Conception (confirmed by Our Lady of Lourdes in 1514, “I am the Immaculate Conception”), and Mary’s Assumption into Heaven. This came the same day as the First Great Miracle, announced by Sister Bernadette 8 days in advance. Doctrines concerning the heresies of “once saved, always saved” and “by faith alone” were also denounced. Finally, it was declared that “without the Church there is no salvation”. Pope Leo died during the council and a new Pope was elected. He was Henry of Saxony, now Pope Clement VII was elected. Seer Rudolf declared he was the Angelic Shepherd who has long been predicted by many Catholic saints. Clement had a sign of the Cross miraculously imprinted on his forehead.

Vienna, April 1559: Archduke Maximilian, having completed his eduction in Sienna, returned to his parent’s Court to wed his bride, Princess Cecily of England. Maximilian was cultured, wise, and patient. Cecily was vibrant and charming. They got on well. Cecily also befriended her new family, and Empress Emma held many ballroom dances for the Court, featuring her own daughters and Archduchess Cecily. However, these dances ended when it became obvious that Cecily was pregnant.

Vienna, January 1560: Princess Cecily gave birth to Archduke Maximilian’s firstborn son, Archduke Rudolf. He was named after his kinsman, Rudolf the Seer. While Emperor Maximilian had to stay behind to rule his country, Empress Emma and her two youngest daughters, Archduchesses Maria and Barbara (along with Rudolf the Seer, of course) decided to visit Rome for the Great Jubilee (the Second Great Miracle).

I, the author of this chronicle, have been instructed to reveal my name for the release of the Chronicle. I am Marie-Eleanore Luther. I was born in 1502, to Martin and Eleanore Luther. My mother died in childbirth with me. My father, became very devout after her death and was a faithful servant of the Church until his death. I myself grew up in the service of Empress Emma, the Saint, whom I loved very much. After her death, I became a religious sister, though I still hold much independence and am not cloistered. I knew many of the people in this Chronicle. I would like to state that I am simply a servant of truth, which is what I have conveyed here. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
AMAZING chapter, @EdwardRex!

AMAZING chapter, @EdwardRex!
Thank you!
Greece
Princess Margret sails to Castile to wed Prince Juan. The Princess is reluctant but sees no way out of the arrangement. She does however insist on bringing her vast collection of books with her. She prays that her husband will prove understanding of her needs and not just view her as an oven for baking sons/an outlet for his base desires.

Isabella of Pamplona gives birth to her final child. The baby is a girl named Margret after the late Queen. Her husband had hoped for another son but will treasure the little girl regardless.

Cyprus
Theodoros Giustinani and Catherine the Younger welcome their first child, a son who is named Theodoros after his father.

Helena and Francesco welcome a son who is named Giovanni after Francesco's father. Francesco adores his newborn boy and is a good stepfather to Helena's other children. At long last the famed dressmaker of Cyprus has the happy home life she has always dreamed of.

Greece
Prince John weds Princess Isabella of Portugal in a magnificent ceremony at Mystras. After the wedding, the couple pays a visit to the tombs of John's ancestors. They pay their respects at the tomb of Catherine of Portugal, whose marriage to Constantine first allied the Greeks with the Iberians. Deeply religious, Isabella is keen to pray at the tombs of Catherine's husband Constantine XI, and her daughter Theodora both of whom are under consideration for Sainthood.

Isabella continues to demonstrate her exceptional piety, wearing modest clothes, donating to the poor, and praying frequently. She is especially keen to tend to the sick, believing her own miraculous healing gave her a calling to care for them. Her people love her, as do her in-laws. She takes a special liking to her simple and gentle sister-in-law Isabella.

Her husband for his part is confused. He loves her beauty, in response to her desire to wear less ostentatious clothing he told her he wished she never wore any clothing at all. She proceeded to scold him sharply.

This brings us to his problem with her. Isabella's maturity and dignity make him feel like a child. Though kind to her husband, Isabella is not afraid to scold him for his bad habits. She lectures him about drinking too much and staying up too late. She tells him off when he kisses or tries to paw at her in public, even though in John's mind she should be flattered. She insists on praying just before and just after their nightly couplings. John can tell how much she enjoys their nights together and teases her incessantly. Isabella’s face turns bright red and she mutters about her duties as a wife. John’s parents cannot help but be amused by the couple's antics, a blooming love so similar to their own. As winter approaches Isabella confides in her sisters that she believes she is expecting a child. They agree to hide it from John until Christmas time, believing the news will be the perfect present. John is happy to hear of it, kissing Isabella and holding her tightly when she tells him. However, he becomes more irritated when he finds out his sisters knew about it before he did.

Cyprus
In both Greece and Cyprus, a new hybrid culture is taking shape. The Greeks are adopting the Cypriot practices of tourney and chivalry while the Cypriots increasingly wear Greek dress and view themselves as heirs to the Roman Empire and the civilization of the classical world. Children are increasingly given names harkening back to the classical world. Greek art and letters flourish.

Greece
Isabella spends her pregnancy fervently praying for a healthy boy. She visits as many religious shrines as she is able to in her condition. She is especially fond of praying at the tomb of her ancestor, Catherine of Portugal, who she prays will intercede and protect her baby. John cannot stand to see his wife so serious. He gently teases her and jests about how their son will come out a monk. But he really does care for his wife, granting her every favor and comfort. The couple are closely bonded and by the time the birth nears, truly in love.

Isabella's labor starts during a thunderstorm. Her screams linger with the crack of thunder to make a horrible sound that none involved shall ever forget. Her sister-in-law Isabella Paleologos is driven to hysterical weeping, requiring comfort from her mother and her sister Theodora. It seems like the Princess will be unable to push the child out and both will perish. However, she finds an unexpected reserve of strength and delivers a healthy and plump girl. Once she recovers she insists that she was saved by the intercession of Catherine of Portugal. She demands that her daughter be named Catherine. A grateful Constantine readily agrees.

Cyprus
All of Helena’s children and grandchildren return to Cyprus to be with her. She is ill and they fear she will die. She is happy to see them but believes she has a few more years left. Isabella is distraught at the thought of living without her longtime partner but Helena tells her to look towards her children and grandchildren for comfort.

Greece

It does not take long after Catherine’s birth for Isabella to fall pregnant again. This time things are much easier for her. When not with her husband and daughter she spends her time in the company of her sisters-in-law. Isabella easily delivers her child, a son, whom John names Constantine after his father. The boy is strong and healthy. The vast Paleologos family dotes on little Constantine, the future of the dynasty and heir to a most illustrious name.

Constantine decides to strengthen the ties between the branches of the Paleologos family. His second son Baldwin weds Hercules’s daughter Eudoxia. The Normally quiet and unassuming Baldwin goes absolutely crazy over his new bride, to the great amusement of his brother John. Eudoxia is flattered at all the attention but she confesses in a letter to her sister Elanor that she finds her husband a bit immature, almost puppy-like in his devotion, "although I shall certainly endeavor to be a kind master to this most devoted hound". Soon enough Eudoxia falls pregnant. Just before New Year, the couple welcomed a son. Baldwin, not offended in the slightest at being once again upstaged by his brother, names the boy Andreas after his grandfather. Eudoxia is touched at the way Baldwin dotes on her and her child. She reflects that she is lucky to have married such a man.

Cyprus
Anne, the daughter of Princess Isabella of Greece and Theodoros Giustiniani the elder, weds Cesare of Monferrato, the daughter of Philip and Emma Borgia. Helena summons the strength to attend her grandson’s special day. The couple prove to be well matched, to the relief of all, especially Princess Isabella, who could not bear the idea of her only daughter entering into an unhappy marriage.

Greece
Princess Theodora prepares to sail for Italy to wed Peter the heir to Milan, she will not be going alone. The Greek court has received word that the Pope has announced a great jubilee. King Constantine and Queen Elanor will sail alongside their daughter. The whole family will go with them, with Hercules once again being made regent.

The King and Queen know that many important people will travel to Italy for the jubilee and they are keen to build alliances. Elanor also hopes to see friends and relatives.

Isabella of Portugal is reluctant to be parted from her small children but eager to see the papal ceremony. She is also very happy for her sister-in-law Theodora. John for his part is determined to protect his little sister. He is also keen to do his best to represent the Greek Kingdom, alongside his parents.
Baldwin was reluctant to come along but his ambitious wife Eudoxia urged him on. She hopes to find a match for their child in Italy.

Princess Isabella clings tightly to her younger sister Theodora. She cannot bear the thought of being parted from her best friend and caretaker. She begs her mother to be allowed to remain in Italy with Theodora. The King and Queen agree, but only if Theodora’s husband can be persuaded to keep her.

Theodora herself as always thinks of others first. She spends more time comforting her anxious sister than thinking of her impending marriage. When she does think of Alfonso it is with nervousness and resignation. She has done her duty as a daughter and sister and so she will do her duty as a wife, no matter how her husband treats her. A small part of her, after spending her whole life caring and giving love to others, hopes that Alfonso will in turn love and adore her, but she dares not hope for too much.

Thirteen-year-old Elanor is as proud and haughty as ever. She is growing into a great beauty and takes pleasure in the attention she is getting from boys. Of course, she knows she must be pious, but in her heart of hearts, she hopes to wear a glamorous dress and meet someone handsome at the jubilee. Despite her self-centered nature, she does care for her older sister Isabella. Theodora has made her take an oath to care for their older sister once she leaves for her marriage. Elanor agrees, but she figures she will have to pawn her off to one of her sisters-in-law. For her mother will surely get a glamorous foreign match for her namesake.

Young Thomas and Andreas are eager to meet the chivalry of Europe. Andreas has even shown interest in joining the Knights Hospitaller. His father has promised him that if he does he will rise to become Grand Master. Young Thomas idolizes his brother John and vows to follow him to the gates of Hell. His mother tells him not to swear.

Their youngest child Richard is a good boy, well adapted to his future role as a priest. He is very clingy towards his mother and happy that he will not have to leave her for many years.

The family arrives in Naples where they are greeted by their Neopolitan cousins, including an extremely aged Eudoxia Paleologos, who is overjoyed to see her kin one last time.

After spending time in Naples they head to Rome, where they are reunited with the aged Cardinal Martin and Constantine’s brother Bishop Pious. Despite their differences, the two brothers embrace after a long time apart. Young Richard is eager to meet his kin and Martin, though he has no children of his own, takes joy at this new addition to his family.

They also meet their Borgia kin, the family of Theodora’s daughter Theophano and her husband Romulus.

In Rome, they meet with the Milanese. Alfonso and Theodora are wed. The heir to Milan is tall and handsome and an embarrassed Theodora admits to her mother that he makes her heart race. He is formal with her, not sure what to make of this young girl who is to be his for life, but Theodora feels safe and loved in his big strong arms. It is enough for her family. It turns out they will be leaving two daughters in Italy, Alfonso agrees to Theodora’s request to let her sister with her. An overjoyed Theodora plants an impromptu kiss on her husband in gratitude. Any hopes of intimacy are interrupted by her sister Isabella who embraces them both in a tight hug, a breach of etiquette only forgiven by her simple nature.

The whole family, even the rowdy boys, and prideful Elanor are moved by the young couple in love. A perfect symbol of new life this Easter.

Cyprus
Helena and Isabella sail to Rome to present their official history to the Church. Helena is once again ill but determined to live long enough to see her work presented to the world. Isabella cares little about receiving any public recognition but is determined to support her sister-in-law and love through thick and thin.

Helena’s children all travel to Rome with her to show their support for their ailing mother.
Isabella is also accompanied by her daughter Catherine and grandchildren.

Helena has a series of tearful reunions with her siblings, Eudoxia and Martin. Many speak of the great Queen Theodora but only they remember and love her as their mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This narrative is based on a chronicle crafted by multiple authors who have compiled sources from across the relevant period. The writers include Helena Giustinani, Helena of Monferato, Isabella of Savoy, Anne Laskarius, and her husband Francesco Giustinani and their daughter Madeline and Abess Bianca Giustiniani. I thank them for their tireless efforts to record history no matter how inconvenient it might be.
Great chapter!

Chapter 114:: Italian and Eastern Births
Prague, March 1556: Queen Elizabeth of Bohemia, wife of King Charles, delivered an heir for the Kingdom. Prince Fredrick was born healthy and hale. His godparents were Queen Magdalena and King Thomas of Poland, along with his great-aunt, Abbess Isabella. At this time, Charles and Elizabeth embarked on a progress through Bohemia and Poland.

Catanzaro, January 1557: Crown Prince Romulus of Naples and his wife, Princess Blanche of France, welcomed a daughter, Princess Eudoxia. Unfortunately, this child was born a month too soon and was quite frail. But baby Eudoxia, named after her grandmother, Eudoxia of Greece, eventually became healthier and there was hope that she would make it to adulthood, even if she was frail.

Lviv, December 1558: Queen Magdalena of Poland gave birth to her third child 2 days after Christmas. That is the feast day of Saint John the Evangelist. It is for this great saint, the author of the Gospel and the Apocalypse, that the second son of the Queen of Poland was named. Prince Jan joined Prince Vladislav and Princess Jadwiga in the nursery.

Taranto, June 1559: Crown Prince Romulus and Blanche of France welcomed a second daughter, Princess Anastasia. She was named for her aunt, Anastasia, Duchess of Segorbe along with Saint-Martyr Anastasia.

Apologies for this chapter being so short, but most of the Italian events will be covered in the epilogue.

Chapter 115: Iberian Weddings
Burgos, April 1556: King Alfonso XII’s only son and heir, Juan, Prince of Asturias, was married to Princess Margaret of Greece. Margaret had been reluctant to marry, but had followed out of duty to her father, King Constantine of Greece. She prayed that her husband would treat her well. Juan and Margaret were married at Burgos Cathedral. In spite of Margaret’s fears, she discovered that Juan was a kind and noble young man. He was equally bookish and did not expect Margaret to become pregnant immediately. In fact, Margaret wrote to her mother that she couldn’t be happier. Juan and Margaret set off on a tour of the Castilian kingdom.

Salamanca, October 1557: On his way to a diplomatic visit to Portugal, Prince Juan became dangerously ill with typhoid fever. His wife, Margaret, was by his side, as always. His father and stepmother were alerted and were barely able to make it to his deathbed. Prince Juan of Castile, the hope of a generation, passed away on October 4th. King Alfonso XII and Queen Juana were terribly grieved. Margaret, Dowager Princess of Asturias, was also bereft. Doctors were concerned that she would simply die of melancholy. But Margaret had a good reason to live, she was 6 months pregnant.

Avila, December 1557: Dowager Princess Margaret of Asturias went into labor. The childbirth was long and taxing, and it seemed likely that Margaret and her baby, Juan’s only child, would die due to a hemorrhage. However, Margaret called on the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Blessed Queen Isabella of Castile. At once, the hemorrhage ended and the baby was born, albeit a month premature. Fortunately, the baby was healthy. There was some disappointment that the royal infant was a female, but it was obvious that she was now heiress to Castile. She was named Maria, as she was born on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (that is, December 8th).

Porto, August 1558: Pedro, Prince of Portugal, aged 22, the eldest of the 3 sons of King Carlos of Portugal and Queen Maria, was married to Archduchess Louisa of Austria, aged 16, daughter of Emperor Maximilian III and Empress Emma. Pedro is a handsome man, with dark hair and blue eyes, a finely chiseled face and an imposing height. Louisa had the traditional Habsburg looks, with red hair and blue eyes. She was short compared to her husband, but very elegant.

Segorbe, June 1559: Enrique, Duke of Segorbe, and his wife, Princess Anastasia of Naples, had their final child, Juan de Trastamara de Segorbe. He joined his fourth brothers: Ferdinand (b. 1547), Enrique (b. 1550), Nicolas (b. 1554), and Alfonso (b. 1555). Enrique and Anastasia had not given up their pranks, and their children had picked up these habits. It could be said that Enrique and Anastasia had a very active and lively household.

Zaragoza, November 1559: Queen Theodora, the child-Queen of Aragon, was wed to Jean of Burgundy. This wedding secured the independence of Aragon and also brought a productive trade deal. Due to the young age of the couple, they lived apart. The country was still in the control of Infante Francisco, and the Dowager Queens Theodora and Maria.

Sintra, February 1560: Princess Louisa of Portugal delivered Prince Pedro’s first child. Or, should I say, children. Prince Sancho and Princess Catarina were small but perfectly normal. Prince Pedro soon took up the regency as King Carlos and Queen Maria desired to visit Rome for the Great Jubilee.

I, the author of this Chronicle, am Isabella of Beira. I was the heiress to the duchy of Beira, the son of Duke John and Duchess Yolande, an excellent artist. I made my decision to retire to religious life in the Carmelite order after the annulment of my marriage. I’ve always been passionate about history and I felt led to give this chronicle, which is very truthful. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Last edited:
Chapter 116: French Affairs
Caen, April 1556: Robert, Duke of Normandy and Isabelle of Brittany had their first child, Charles of Normandy. He was named after the King of France himself, who attended the birth alongside Queen Margaret. After spending a month with his son and grandson, the King left to return to Paris.

Orleans, January 1557: Francois, heir to Duke Louis of Orleans made a startling announcement as the New Year came around. He had eloped with Antoinette de Valois, the illegitimate daughter of King Charles. She was very attractive and had a great many admirers at court, but because of her illegitimacy she had not yet found a noble husband. However, Charles was completely devoted to Antoinette and promised to never forsake her. Richard and Margaret had always favored their eldest son and thus allowed this marriage. They discovered that Antoinette was, in fact, a very kind and respectable young woman.

Lyon, June 1557: Dauphine Eleanor of England gave birth to a second daughter. A second son, to secure the succession, had been hoped for, but Dauphin Louis assured his wife the new baby wasn’t a disappointment, but a blessing. The young girl, named Radegonde for the deceased Queen Radegonde of England, whose was considered a model consort across Europe, was treasured almost as well as her older brother. The young Prince Henri was truly a light of France. Athletic, intelligent, a little mean, he was the Perfect Prince’s prodigy.

Rennes, October 1557: Francois, Count of Montfort and Jeanne of Brittany were joined by a third ducal Breton child, Isabelle of Brittany, when Duchess Elizabeth gave birth to a second daughter.

Lorraine, February 1558: Richard, Duke of Lorraine died in October 1557. Charles, the new Duke of Lorraine was married to Philippa of Orleans per his father’s dying wish. Charles wasn’t quite ready to commit to a wife, especially one as meek and mild-tempered as Philippa, but miraculous events would soon change his sinful behavior.

Lourdes, April 1558: At all 3 of the recent Marian apparitions, Mary had given the 3 secrets to the seers. At Lourdes, she had given 3 secrets to each of the seers. Sister Bernadette Soubirous had been chosen to reveal these secrets to the world when the time came. The reason for this became obvious when both Sister Clarice and Sister Antoinette died young (though their bodies remained uncorrupted). The First Secret of Lourdes had been the coming chastisement in France, which involved civil war, the martyrdom of King Charles IX and Queen Blanche, and the rise of the Great Catholic Monarch, King Charles X.

The Second Secret of Lourdes was much more mysterious. It was to involve a Great Miracle that would convert many sinners. Sister Bernadette was instructed to announce the Miracle eight days in advance. On April 3, she announced the date of the Miracle. I, the author of this Chronicle, was present for this Great Miracle, and can thus give an honest testimony of the events that transpired.

The Miracle involved 3 parts. We were all praying at near the Massabielle, where Our Lady appeared. First an incredible light filled the entire area. It was completely blinding. Many people screamed. At once a beautiful yet sorrowful image appeared. It was an image Our Lord, Jesus Christ, on His Cross above us! This sign was very large, taller than any building in the area. This sign is permanent. Every single sick person present was healed, including those who were absolutely incurable, such as those with deformed limbs and children with terminal conditions. The 3rd part of the Miracle were the many sincere conversions that came from this sign. These signs and healings also occurred at Mexico City in the New World and in Mansfield, Nottingham, in England.

Following this, Bernadette was able to announce the Third Secret of Lourdes, the Great Jubilee of Rome that would occur on Easter 1560 (March 27, 1560). She could not reveal details, but promised it would be so incredible that many would die from the joy.

Saint-Lo, May 1559: Duchess Elizabeth of Brittany, who had been present at the Great Miracle of Lourdes, delivered a daughter named Marie of Brittany after the Virgin Mary.

Paris, March 1560: Dauphin Louis and Dauphine Eleanor had a second son, Charles. Louis was regent for his father, King Charles X, who left for Rome to experience the Great Jubilee.

Though I wanted to remain anonymous, I have been instructed by my Bishop to reveal my identity. I am Princess Jacquetta of France, the daughter of King Philippe VIII and Queen Bona of Milan. But I wish to distance myself from my father’s reign of terror, instead I encourage the readers of my chronicle to focus on the joys of the restored France. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Chapter 117: English Affairs & Births
Nottingham, May 1556: Robert Plantagenet, brother of King Edmund, was named Bishop of Nottingham on May 13th, the 80th anniversary of the Marian apparitions at Mansfield in Nottingham. Robert now presided over the diocese where the Basilica of Lady of the Rosary, the magnificent church which attracted thousands of pilgrims annually, stood.

Kent, September 1556: On the 20th, the birthday (and hypothetical Feast Day) Empress Emma of Brabant, the Princess of Wales was delivered of a daughter. To honor the Princess of Wales herself, along with the deceased Empress, the baby was called Princess Emma of England.

Rothesay, February 1557: Queen Margaret of Scotland had come to a bit a problem. There was no heir for Scotland, as she and her 3 sisters were all childless. Margaret was the famous “Virgin Queen”, Catherine had entered a nunnery, and thus had to renounce her rights as part of her vows, and Anne was not in a condition to marry and bear children. Mary was married to the Earl of Warwick, but after 7 years of marriage, she had failed to conceive. However, this seemingly unsolvable problem was resolved when Princess Mary announced that she was pregnant. Margaret invited her sister to stay in Scotland, so that the heir could be born on Scottish soil.

During the pregnancy, Mary was declared Duchess of Rothesay and heiress to Scotland. Nobles also swore loyalty to her and her descendants. On February 10, Mary gave birth to a daughter, who was named Margaret after her aunt and godmother.

Nottingham, April 1558: The same Great Miracle that occurred at Lourdes and Mexico City occurred at Nottingham. The author of this Chronicle was present at the Miracle. I was leading the ceremony, praying, along with the crowds, the Holy Rosary. Suddenly, a bright light that forced us all to our knees overpowered the area. Every person encompassed by the light were healed of whatever malady ailed them. A miraculous, marvelous, and magnificent sign appeared above our heads. It was Our Lord upon the cross! It looked very similar to a crucifix. A voice sounded above us, “Think about the Passion of Jesus!”

York, Windsor, Gloucester, July 1558: England three leading royal young ladies all delivered children on the same month. First came Margaret of Guelders, Duchess of York, who gave birth to her second son, Andrew of York (named after Saint Andrew the Apostle).

Next was Princess Emma of Wales, the wife of Prince Edward, who gave birth to a son, Alfred. He was named after the first King of the English, Saint Alfred the Great (1). In the next year, Emma gave birth to a premature stillborn son.

Finally came Jane of Suffolk-Exeter, Duchess of Gloucester. She and her husband, Prince Richard, welcomed twin daughters, named Blanche and Philippa. These names had become very popular since King Edward IV and Queen Margaret of Lancaster had chosen these traditional names for her children.

Rothesay, January 1560: Mary, Duchess of Rothesay and her husband, Edward, Earl of Warwick, had a second daughter, Princess Marian. The baby’s grandmother and namesake, Dowager Queen Marian of Scotland, went to Rome alongside her brother, Bishop Robert of Nottingham.

And I am that brother! I am Robert Plantagenet, grandson of King William III. I was raised by Queen Radegonde, my grandmother, alongside my twin sister, Marian, Queen of Scotland. I am also very close with Her Majesty, Queen Margaret, and her sisters, Their Highnesses Mary, Queen of Portugal, and Eleanor, Queen of Greece. I grew up in the safety and comfort of Mansfield Manor in Pembrokeshire. At 16, I was felt the vocational desire to become a priest in the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic and Roman Church. I want to express the sincere truth of this Chronicle. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

(1) Alfred is popularly considered a saint even though he was never canonized. Here, Pope Pius II canonized him in 1520.

Kent, September 1556: On the 20th, the birthday (and hypothetical Feast Day) Empress Emma of Brabant, the Princess of Wales was delivered of a daughter. To honor the Princess of Wales herself, along with the deceased Empress, the baby was called Princess Emma of England.
You have no idea how happy this makes me, @EdwardRex. Empress Emma having her feast day on her own birthday is a dream!

Epilogue
I, Bishop Robert Plantagenet, will now give an account of the Great Miracle of Rome, which is the Third Secret of Lourdes.

I departed England at the beginning of February. I departed with my sister, Marian, and my nieces, Catherine and Anne. We visited Paris, where we met with King Charles and Queen Margaret. I have always loved Paris, and I greatly enjoyed my week long visit. The King and Queen of France left with us, along with their daughters, Clotilde and Marie-Bernadette, who was engaged to Francis, Prince of Piedmont, the heir to Savoy. We traveled town to the south of France, where we visited the French Riviera, that is, the coastline.

We also spent some time on the edge of Lake Como in the town of Menaggio. Here I separated from the French and Savoyards, since they wanted to arrive a bit later.

Finally, we arrived in Rome. We were all dressed in our respective religious garments, so at first we blended it quite well. We joined the crowd of pilgrims, which were singing. Eventually we were recognized and quite literally thrust onto horses by the over-eager pilgrims.

When we made it to the Papal Palace, we were accepted inside the building. Pope Gregory VII, the young Pope, once Henry of Saxony, the one whom they call the Angelic Shepherd, held an audience with us. He does have a cross shaped mark on his forehead. He congratulated us and we discussed the plans for the Jubilee. The Chronicles have been made an official Church history and they have been disseminated to the populace in many areas. A preliminary edition was released a few years back, but now there is a new edition.

During the course of the event, I was surprised at the sheer number of people present. I had never seen so many people in one place, even at the miracle in Nottingham.

I attended two weddings. Firstly, that of Peter, heir to Milan to Princess Theodora of Greece. Next was the marriage of Francis, Prince of Piedmont to Princess Marie-Bernadette. All four of the young people were very nervous to be married, but they were more friends due to their age.

I remember, on Holy Monday, we had a great feast at the Papal Palace. There were people from almost every country. There had never been so many royals together in the same place.

Pope Gregory was presiding over the dinner. There were several Cardinals surrounding him.

I sat with some of my fellow authors: Marie-Eleanore Luther, Isabella Aviz (along with her mother, the famous artist) and Jacquetta Valois. My sister, Marian, along with her daughters were also beside me. Sister Bernadette, Sister Anne Boleyn, and her sister, Mary Boleyn, also sat with us. We all talked about fond memoirs, and the great things that God had recently been working through His servants.

The three Plantagenet sisters reunited. They and their families all sat together. Queen Margaret of England was with her husband Edmund and daughter Radegonde. Queen Mary of Portugal was with her husband, King Carlos, and their two younger sons, Duarte and Manuel. Queen Eleanor seemed to have brought her whole very large family with her. The three sisters had been very close as children, and their reunion was tearful but very joyful.

The Austrian representatives, Emperor Maximilian and Empress Emma, along with their daughters, Maria and Barbara. Also present was Archduke Rudolf the Seer.

The French royals were sitting with the Milanese and Savoyard groups. Both the heirs to Savoy and Milan represented their respective countries, along with their brides. Dowager Duchesses Adelaide and Victoria of Savoy were present. Everyone seemed to be getting along well.

Suddenly, a group of young priests burst in the large banquet hall. They announced that they had found the body of Saint Peter, the first Pope and Our Lord’s foremost Apostle. I had known that there had long been searches for his body, but I never imagined anything would be found. Eventually, the body was carried in.

The body, which was later identified as being Saint Peter, was completely incorrupt. His clothes had also not decomposed, but I knew from my historical research that the clothes were authentic. In front of everyone, a corona of light appeared around Saint Peter’s head. The next day, this was announced to the world. The people of Rome waited for hours to have a glimpse at the Saint.

On Good Friday, March 25th, 9 Saints were officially canonized. The authors and royals representing said Saint stood under the banners in Saint Peter’s Basilica. I stood under the banner of the 4 English saints: Louise of Nottingham, Queen Margaret of Lancaster, Joan of York, and Pope Pius II. For Spain, there was Isabella of Castile, posthumously recognized by the Roman Catholic Church as an official monarch of Castile. For Austria, there was the famous Empress Emma, who had appeared to several people, including her namesake successor. For Greece, there was Emperor Constantine “the Unifier” and Empress Catherine, along with their daughter, Queen Theodora.

On Easter morning, there was a very great Mass at the Basilica. The Pope himself officiated the Mass. At the moment of the Eucharistic prayer, the Communion Host visibly turned red. It had become physical flesh and blood. This was a very rare but very miraculous event. It had happened before, most famously at Lanciano, but this was by far the most public. Everyone was very shocked. Some screamed and fainted. Others fell to their knees in prayer. Even Pope Gregory himself was visibly shocked.

After the Host was placed back in the tabernacle, I felt an interior call to run outside. It was like a church bell ringing in my head. At first I thought only I heard this, but I realized everyone felt this when the crowd started to rush outside. I helped the ailing Sister Bernadette to the square. After a minute, the sun began spinning in the sky. This event had occurred at both Mansfield and Mexico City. The sun cast green, orange, and purple lights onto the city. Bernadette told me that everyone on Earth could see this.

At that moment, everyone’s heads involuntarily flung back, which meant their faces were lifted to the sky. A bright light began descending down upon Rome. This glorious light was not the sun. I saw first a face, then a body appear. I was shocked when I recognized the Holy Face of Our Lord in the Shroud of Turin. It was Jesus Christ Himself! Never in the history of the Church has there been such a public apparition. When He had finally descended to a space above us, I was very joyful, but also very anxious, as His expression seemed serious. After a moment of silence, He smiled, showing us His Sacred Heart and His Divine Mercy. He never spoke.

However, Saint Peter soon appeared behind him, looking just like his incorrupt body. Saint Peter spoke to the crowd, saying, “O Catholic Church of Jesus Christ, because you have made many sacrifices, performed much penance, because you visited Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament frequently, you have averted a chastisement. Continue to live good lives. God has given us His Divine Mercy in this special time of grace. Everyone is given a chance to chose God and goodness. Accept this gift. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, Saint Peter, the very first Pope, through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, ask you to pray to Us with sincerity and We will grant your requests. The grace of the Lord Jesus be will all!”

Once he finished speaking, Peter and Our Lord moved slowly, so the crowd could follow them with hymns and praise. The apparitions disappeared upon arrival to the tomb of Saint Peter. For a brief moment before that, the face of every Pope in the history of the Church could be seen, as could the state of their soul. Jesus smiled to the crowed and blessed us with open arms. As if we were moved by a Force beyond us, we all crossed ourselves. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.