Embrace the SUCK: Skallagrim's Unexpurgated Colour Key

The colors for Monarchist Latvia and Monarchist Lithuania are way too close, and both of them are close to Republican Poland, and this might create confusion in monarchy-wank/CP victory scenarios. Plus, brown is just not representative of Lithuania and is completely unrelated to it.

If I may, can I propose dartmouth green as a better Monarchist Lithuania color? I have no idea why it's not used as a Lithuania color in any color key systems (except RCS) - it's the closest thing to a Lithuanian national color, like blue for the US or red for England.
Good Idea, however, (as we're using the CP victory scenario), that exact color might create confusion with the monarchist ukraine color.

Good Idea, however, (as we're using the CP victory scenario), that exact color might create confusion with the monarchist ukraine color.
True, although, in my opinion, the difference between Dartmouth Lithuania and Monarchist Ukraine is bigger and more noticeable than between current Monarchist Lithuania and Monarchist Latvia (which only differ by a few RGB points)

True, although, in my opinion, the difference between Dartmouth Lithuania and Monarchist Ukraine is bigger and more noticeable than between current Monarchist Lithuania and Monarchist Latvia (which only differ by a few RGB points)
I don't think the Monarchist Latvia would be used in a CP victory map anyway; those tend to include a United Baltic Duchy. However, I'd be okay with changing the Monarchist Lithuania color if only to break up the trend of brown hues for the Baltic states.

I don't think the Monarchist Latvia would be used in a CP victory map anyway; those tend to include a United Baltic Duchy. However, I'd be okay with changing the Monarchist Lithuania color if only to break up the trend of brown hues for the Baltic states.
Actually, most CP Victory maps I've seen have had Lithuania seperate from the United Baltic Duchy...

Actually, most CP Victory maps I've seen have had Lithuania seperate from the United Baltic Duchy...
Yeah, but the UBD has a distinct color from Monarchist Lithuania in this scheme. And in any case I said I'd be fine with the color being changed.

This is awesome. Just... awesome. I would probably like it more if I wasn't working on my own all-encompassing colour scheme (which in its current laughably unfinished state fills 43 keynote pages), but looking at this I might actually abandon it and just use yours. There's really nothing I could possibly add.

Monarchist Lithuania has a seperate colour??? Am I dreaming?

Skallagrim

Banned
I'm still dilligently working on it, although it's going much slower than I'd like due to other obligations. I have an extensive list of edits, I've added most of them to the scheme, and I'm currently beginning to allocate actual colours to these new additions.

SUCK_v2.png
Where's Kekistan?
Or is this another conspiracy schemed by the normie opressors?
/s

@Skallagrim, would Shu Han's color fit for Zhang Xianzhong's regime (or the "Daxi Dynasty")? Also, would the Kingdom of Tungning use the "non-RoC Taiwan color" or the "(Southern) Ming color" as it was formed by Ming Loyalists?

Skallagrim

Banned
What became of the ambitions to update, @Skallagrim ?

They met some resistance in the form of papers that needed reviewing. Being back on track, I hereby announce that the next update will occur on Wednesday next at the latest, that is: the day after tomorrow. By then I should have everything checked for any errors.

As for its contents: pretty much all the major issues addressed by the interested parties will be dealt with. What I'm not doing is creating a full system of every-province gets a colour, but I rather suspect that the additions to South America (where this was a key issue) will prove sufficient for virtually everyone's needs.

The only thing that will certainly conrtinue to irk some people is that some colours have "ill-fitting" double designations. For instance, @Ashtagon raised this matter in regards to, say, a colour that can be used for "Kashubians" and "Other Poles". The thing is, I don't mean to imply that Kashubians are Poles, but that the colour for "Kashubians" doubles as the colour for "Other Poles". (In the same way, the colour for Monaco is also the colour for independent Massalia, while Massalia is certainly not located where Monaco is.) So that issue is going to remain: to solve it would require the addition of scores and scores of additional colours, and that's really not worth the hassle.

The coming update will include a full list of edits, and will be made available in two versions (one with text that's anti-aliased, one with text that isn't).

I hope nobody is too miffed about how I've kept you all waiting for it.

They met some resistance in the form of papers that needed reviewing. Being back on track, I hereby announce that the next update will occur on Wednesday next at the latest, that is: the day after tomorrow. By then I should have everything checked for any errors.

As for its contents: pretty much all the major issues addressed by the interested parties will be dealt with. What I'm not doing is creating a full system of every-province gets a colour, but I rather suspect that the additions to South America (where this was a key issue) will prove sufficient for virtually everyone's needs.

The only thing that will certainly conrtinue to irk some people is that some colours have "ill-fitting" double designations. For instance, @Ashtagon raised this matter in regards to, say, a colour that can be used for "Kashubians" and "Other Poles". The thing is, I don't mean to imply that Kashubians are Poles, but that the colour for "Kashubians" doubles as the colour for "Other Poles". (In the same way, the colour for Monaco is also the colour for independent Massalia, while Massalia is certainly not located where Monaco is.) So that issue is going to remain: to solve it would require the addition of scores and scores of additional colours, and that's really not worth the hassle.

The coming update will include a full list of edits, and will be made available in two versions (one with text that's anti-aliased, one with text that isn't).

I hope nobody is too miffed about how I've kept you all waiting for it.

Take your time, it's great so far