Embrace the SUCK: Skallagrim's Unexpurgated Colour Key

I'm quite impressed that you managed more colors for Korea than Japan.
Especially regarding that Japan once looked like this:
daimyo__japan_1664-png.319581

(Custom color scheme)

Thanks for using some of my last suggestions, now have a few more;

- Add the Khanates of Khiva and Kokand, and the Emirate of Bukhara, that were all independent states until Russian vassalisation in the 1870's.
- Add Buganda.
- The Brazilian state of Acre tried to go for independence on 3 separate occasions in the 1890's and early 1900's.
- Zulia state in Venezuela has an active independence movement (even if it is small). A Zulia colour could also double for the wider geographic region around lake Maracaibo.
- Add "Republic of the North Solomons / Bougainville"
- Add South Kasai, to Kasai (it was an unrecognized de-facto nation from 1960-1962).
- Possibly something for the Bir Tawil triangle; its status as de-facto unclaimed land makes it a magnet for the kind of nutty people who found micronations. As this is a bit of a longshot proposal however, I'd just add it as an extra option to the Nubian state colour).
- Add Caprivi strip/secondary Namibia (the place is isolated, culturally distinct and home to an active secessionist movement.
- Add Tertiary Somalia, Puntland, Afar/Ogaden breakaway state.
- Add Matebeleland (a distinct region of Zimbabwe, and I feel Africa needs a little more colours).
- Possibly Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
- Different colours for North and South Peru (constituent republics within the Peru-Bolivia confederation, along with Bolivia).
- Add Los Altos, a subdivision of the Federal Republic of Central America then a breakaway republic from Guatemala in the 1840's. Could double as secondary Guatemala.
- Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica and Santa Cruz department, Bolivia both have active autonomist movements.
- Inner Mongolia/ Mengjiang (a puppet state of Imperial Japan in WW2).
- Add Kalimantan/other Borneo.
- Add Scania.
- Possibly add Kabylia/ Secondary Algeria (active autonomist movement, little more).
- Something for the Torres Strait Islands maybe?
- Move the Galapagos islands to South America (they aren't really that Polynesian).
- Rotuma; the island is an autonomous dependency of Fiji. Secession has been suggested on multiple occasions, usually under murky circumstances. Another questionable suggestion.
- Add Hatay State.
- A Kingdom of Haiti survived in the north for just short of a decade. I'd say that a secondary Haiti colour would be justified.
- Add Gagauzia.

And I have a horrible feeling that I'll only think up more of these.

If we're suggesting stuff, maybe an option for a Portuguese Colonial Successor State in Australia? Or one for an *Indonesian State in Australia?

Last edited:
Any chance for you to deactivate anti-aliasing now, @Valdore Javorsky in agreement with @Skallagrim ?

Also, I would suggest adding:

- Taiping rebellion/Christian China
- Far-right Sweden and far-right Norway - for far-right Sweden, there is at least Birger Furugard who was seen as future riksledare = Führer of Sweden, and for far-right Norway, we have the regime of Vidkun Quisling
- Viewing country has this country as a puppet state in the "alliance" section
- separate colour for Cult of Reason France

Any chance for you to deactivate anti-aliasing now, @Valdore Javorsky in agreement with @Skallagrim ?

Also, I would suggest adding:

- Taiping rebellion/Christian China
- Far-right Sweden and far-right Norway - for far-right Sweden, there is at least Birger Furugard who was seen as future riksledare = Führer of Sweden, and for far-right Norway, we have the regime of Vidkun Quisling
- Viewing country has this country as a puppet state in the "alliance" section
- separate colour for Cult of Reason France
What?
I just meant that it's easy to write without anti-aliasing in GIMP, not to replace anti-aliased text with aliased one