Status
Not open for further replies.
27th Patagonian Ministry
27th_patagonian_ministry.png

Anthony de Tounens, first Interior Minister of Patagonia
Anthony de Tounens (born Antoine Tounens) was a French-Patagonian lawyer, adventurer, and politician. After arriving in Chile in the late 1850s, he convinced the Mapuche (then called "Mapoochees" by the British) to appoint him as "Great Tokee" (modern spelling: "Toki"), the Mapuche title for supreme chieftain, perhaps in hopes with a European as their leader they would have an easier time protecting against European imperialism. However, with the threat of Chilean and Argentine invasion, de Tounens turned to the British for assistance, asking for annexation into the British colony of Avondu. The British accepted, however would shortly thereafter cede the portion of de Tounens' claimed territory that lay west of the Andes to Chile. Afterwards, de Tounens settled in New Swansea and rose up through the ranks of Avondu provincial politics to become its second Premier, the first Liberal to hold the office, a position he would hold for over a decade. In 1886, after the establishment of a Patagonian federal government, the newly appointed federal Prime Minister, Joseph Chamberlain, appointed de Tounens as Minister of the Interior. He would serve in this capacity until the government's defeat in the 1895 election, in which de Tounens lost his own parliamentary seat of Inner Avondu. After this defeat, he would retire to New Swansea where he would pass away in 1899.

anthony de tounens.png

Okay, so what happened to the Mapuche after de Tounens' entry into Patagonian politics?
He managed to get the Mapuche language limited recognized status both in the province of Avondu and federally (I still need to redo the Patagonia country wikibox to include Mapuche as a recognized minority language oof), but the Mapuche eventually kinda got screwed over by the white colonists anyway, since no matter how many band-aids you put on the situation colonialism is still colonialism and will always lead to indigenous populations getting screwed over. It's kinda sad tbh

Although it is interesting to note that de Tounens' descendants are still very active in Avondu provincial politics, and have occasionally broken into federal politics as well

Is it just me or is there no Hispanic person in the US government ? Is it a conscious choice ? Because I would've expected at least one Secretary of something to be Hispanic if Spanish is recognized as an administrative language

Is it just me or is there no Hispanic person in the US government ? Is it a conscious choice ? Because I would've expected at least one Secretary of something to be Hispanic if Spanish is recognized as an administrative language
That was an oversight on my part. Thanks for pointing it out! I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Although Correa is Hispanic I believe, he did in fact resign from the cabinet so he doesn't really count anymore. I think I'll make the lack of Hispanophones in the cabinet a major common criticism of the Santorum administration that the Farmer-Labor Party likes to point out. Maybe I'll have the FLP nominee in 2020 pick a Hispanic running mate to stick it to Santorum as well

How do you make lists like this?
Basically, you pick a table/infobox in wikipedia that you like, copy it into a userspace area and change it however you like, and then publish in your user area. My guess is he's copying from either Canada, Australia or New Zealand for Patagonia, but I'm not sure.

Basically, you pick a table/infobox in wikipedia that you like, copy it into a userspace area and change it however you like, and then publish in your user area. My guess is he's copying from either Canada, Australia or New Zealand for Patagonia, but I'm not sure.
UK actually. Also I'm a girl so my pronouns are she/her

UK actually. Also I'm a girl so my pronouns are she/her
OK, thought with the use of Provinces and Minister of native affairs, that one of the White Dominions would be a better match, but that was a guess.

Thank you for letting me know, I will try to remember. I probably should have used the singular they before since I didn't know.

OK, thought with the use of Provinces and Minister of native affairs, that one of the White Dominions would be a better match, but that was a guess.
Ohhh, you meant the whole government structure. For that I copied from a mix of the UK and the white dominions and created sort of a blend. I thought you meant just the PM list formatting, which I copied from the UK list

Thank you for letting me know, I will try to remember. I probably should have used the singular they before since I didn't know.
It's aight, honest mistakes happen. I do have my gender listed on my profile page tho

I've tried that, but I always struggle with changing the party colors next to the leaders. Do you just change that in photoshop afterwards?
Nope, you just need to replace {{Party name/meta/color}} with a hex color code. And make sure to make it like "#abcdef" and not "{{#abcdef}}"

Status
Not open for further replies.