Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

[Talking After the End]

Well, the Stepping Razor killed himself in his depression barely less than ten years in the game. Given the Caribbean Empire was undergoing rebellions that Portia was going everywhere to squash, I think maybe he realised the goal of being the Caribbean Emperor was not worthwhile. Perhaps he finally regretted killing his older brother.

Poor Portia, though. A mother should not have to bury two sons. Especially an empress ruling a very unstable empire and whose heir is now a child.

My approach to the Caribbean situation, is simple.
  1. As Empress Portia take the Intrigue Focus
  2. Get all of the Dukes that have a plus 30 opinion, to convert to Rastafarianism.
  3. Murder all of the other Dukes
  4. Keep murdering Dukes until you get their lands.
  5. Once the lands of those various Dukes has acquired, give the land to Content Rastafarian courtiers

My approach to the Caribbean situation, is simple.
  1. As Empress Portia take the Intrigue Focus
  2. Get all of the Dukes that have a plus 30 opinion, to convert to Rastafarianism.
  3. Murder all of the other Dukes
  4. Keep murdering Dukes until you get their lands.
  5. Once the lands of those various Dukes has acquired, give the land to Content Rastafarian courtiers
Funny enough, that observe game actually had a stable Caribbean Empire, an unbroken line of Emperors all the way down from the Stepping Razor's son. It just took Portia a lot of crushing of revolts for that to happen.

I played as Delemarva and stole the Declaration of Independence from DC in my first war with The Potomac and took a bunch of the Presidents land over the next few years as the Duke of Potomac kept dying of Cancer. Now I am the Delewarian King of Colombia and just accidentally took all of Amishland and a lot of angry counts in a prepared invasion. I gave the duchies to Americanists so now I won't have to deal to much with revolts.

Running After the End and playing as the brilliant scholar lesbian empress of the Evangelical South (Holy Columbian Confederacy) for over 40 years is such a rewarding feeling...

I had a game where my gay Motown High Christian flipped faith to Rust Cult, created the Kingdom of Ohio and then reformed the faith, fought off a holy war l, explored a ruin and found a typewriter before eventually creating an empires that spanned from the Ohio river past the Great lakes and into Canada. He died peacefully in bed at close to eighty. And his grandson inherited the most powerful nation in the Americas. It was a glorious game.

I'm currently struggling to determine how best to resolve this situation. Starting as the "Kingdom" of Mercia I converted over to the "Kingdom" of Deira and then rather than take up the mantle of the Kingdom of England or Northumberland declared Deira (which corresponds with the Duchy of York) as an actual recognized Kingdom; I've always preferred the uniqueness of the titular realms as well as the added challenge of having the small mallus in terms of vassal relations, not to mention the gradual absorption of more recognizable de jure lands and the reduction of traditional Kingdom titles to titular. My goal ultimately was to eliminate the crowns of Wales and England, potentially Scotland as well, with Ireland forming the other crown with which I could establish an Empire, and from that secure base I could then begin any major push onto mainland Europe. What I didn't take into account was the implosion of the Karling's holdings into various Kingdoms, as well as what marrying into the Karling family would mean in the long-run.

I had previously as my 1st character pushed my second son's claim to the throne of Neustria (now France), with the intention of him being the main family line that would extend the Lockhart Dynasty's claims on the mainland, though one of my daughters has somehow managed to inherit control of the Kingdom's of Burgundy and Bavaria (however it is a traditional marriage so those lands will not remain within the family). As my first son however some years into his reign I have now found myself inheriting the Kingdoms of Saxony and Aquitaine through an Uncle, and truth be told I am very much tempted to let them separate from my realm. While I have a large military at my disposal I don't yet have a significant navy, so any forces I bring over to the mainland need to be brought over piecemeal which is time-consuming, costly, and leaves the potential of being attacked by larger stacks whilst being transported over. The lands themselves are also rather disparate, a series of patchworks except for the heart of Saxony, which can cause all sorts of diplomatic headaches I may not want to deal with. If I could hand it off to my brother the King of France I would, though I have my doubts he would be able to maintain his grip (already I may have to commit myself to protecting his crown from revolters).

There really isn't any option that doesn't result in significant losses of prestige, though I suppose I could grant the Dukes and Counts of those areas their independence and wait for the crowns to naturally collapse (again though, I don't know if that method comes with a heavy loss of prestige, diplomatic mallus, etc.)

qiGTwrnh.jpg

So based off my discovery of the potential for an Aragonese-Ethiopian double marriage in OTL

If you play as an Ethiopian or Nubian in CK2 and marry into like the Karlings, how long would it take for the East African Portraits to spread across Europe?

In the Anime Portraits mod the Ethiopian characters look awesome

I had a 15 year regency because death beat my first Solomonid king in the 900s start. He started as the Duke of Axum and created the kingdom of Abyssinia and then he died after having a son and a daughter with a Karling princess. The daughter died from the flu and the son suffered under a 15 year regency of his uncle, who was actually fairly loyal. The Coptic Pope relocated to Axum and is now a vassal of the Abyssinian throne, crowning both my current king, Mekennon, and his father. I'm hoping that Mekennon will also be able to establish the Absyinnian Empire and be crowned as the first Emperor.

The goal is to conquer Eastern Africa and the southern portion of Arabia.

Playing as King of Italy while vassal to the HRE, I kidnapped the Kaiser, demanded independence, went to war, and instantly won because I had him in my dungeon. Now I'm planning on buddying up with France, Poland and Hungary to beat up the HRE and take Rome. Germans have no business wearing the crown of an Emperor!

And also I won Lithuania in a crusade and I have utterly no idea what to do with it.

EDIT: And now, a few months after I did most of the work in expanding Christendom, the Pope has excommunicated me for my Free Investiture.

Thanks, Your Holiness.

Last edited:
[Talking about After The End]

Doing my Caribbean Empire game, something rather odd happened. The Quebecois Maurice Castel, a count who was a member of the Ursuline Church, just became King of New England.

You know after how many patches we've had now, and in a game literally called Crusader Kings II, I'm still not sure how they managed to fuck the Duchy of Jerusalem so badly.

So guys. Need some thoughts.

I've been playing as Normans in France for awhile now with the intent to get the Empire of Francia. Typical and boring, but I'm still new to the game, I've never done it before. Then the pope called a Crusade and of course I'm gonna go join the Crusade, sounds awesome. So I get all of my vassals and crown forces to the Holy Land, do there thing. Have my King personally lead the assault on Jerusalem's walls, have him besiege Damascus, take Mecca, its been fantastic. But then a revolt pops up back home and its clear I gotta go, so I head out, leaving the others to do whatever else is left in the Crusade and put it out of my mind. And now I'm thick into the middle of a revolt back in France and I get a message pop up that...

I'm the King of Jerusalem now, apparently.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what should I do? Stick with the goal of France becoming an empire or abandon it and go live a (probably short) life in Jerusalem?

So guys. Need some thoughts.

I've been playing as Normans in France for awhile now with the intent to get the Empire of Francia. Typical and boring, but I'm still new to the game, I've never done it before. Then the pope called a Crusade and of course I'm gonna go join the Crusade, sounds awesome. So I get all of my vassals and crown forces to the Holy Land, do there thing. Have my King personally lead the assault on Jerusalem's walls, have him besiege Damascus, take Mecca, its been fantastic. But then a revolt pops up back home and its clear I gotta go, so I head out, leaving the others to do whatever else is left in the Crusade and put it out of my mind. And now I'm thick into the middle of a revolt back in France and I get a message pop up that...

I'm the King of Jerusalem now, apparently.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what should I do? Stick with the goal of France becoming an empire or abandon it and go live a (probably short) life in Jerusalem?
Spread the seed.

Mekennon, King of Abyssinia since the age of 1, has reigned for 50+ years now and has established the Empire of Abyssinia, which extends from Alexandria down to the Horn of Africa, along with the Sinai and a slice of the Yemeni coastline. He has married one of his daughters into the Byzantine Empire and her son will be the next Emperor. Meanwhile he has allowed the Kingdoms of Makuria and Alodia to remain independent, although the continues to use them for spouses for his descendants.

Not bad for someone who I thought would be smothered in his cradle by his regent uncle.