Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

The failure of the Southern Strategy to emerge is probably somewhat due to the fact that you've had GOP presidential candidates who weren't interested in exploiting racial tensions. George Romney was just as much a supporter of civil rights as Hubert Humphrey. It seems like, without the far right agitators pushing racial divisiveness as in the OTL, southern Democrats have settled down and learned to live with the end of Jim Crow.

Indeed. With Nixon failing to get nominated for President and Reagan being largely kept at bay by the moderate-liberal wing of the GOP, the Southern Strategy is largely discredited.

Then again, a big part of this timeline is presenting a more idealistic (but still realistic) world.

Indeed. With Nixon failing to get nominated for President and Reagan being largely kept at bay by the moderate-liberal wing of the GOP, the Southern Strategy is largely discredited.

Then again, a big part of this timeline is presenting a more idealistic (but still realistic) world.
I'm surprised Schlafly didn't try it to get the Republican nomination.

I'm surprised Schlafly didn't try it to get the Republican nomination.
Probably to late, as an earlier poster pointed out the failure of the Conservative party largely forced the remaining racists to reconcile with the end of Jim Crow. Combined with race baiting falling out of the political mainstream anyway (due to events in the sixties) and its not viable the way it could have been.

Probably to late, as an earlier poster pointed out the failure of the Conservative party largely forced the remaining racists to reconcile with the end of Jim Crow. Combined with race baiting falling out of the political mainstream anyway (due to events in the sixties) and its not viable the way it could have been.
Makes sense. Thanks

PNWKing

Banned
What are the following people doing?:
John Grisham
Ben Carson
Matt Groening
Ron Howard
James Mattis
Howard Baker
Mitch McConnell
Donald Trump
John Kasich
Marianne Williamson

On that note, how are the following people doing:

* Yonatan and Benjamin Netanyahu
* Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos
* Yukio Mishima (did his coup attempt and suicide go as OTL?)
* Idi Amin
* Karol Wojtyla

What is William Shatner up to since he is not returning to Trek---at least not Phase II in this timeline?
Probably not alot, TJ Hooker was in the 80's and other than that he didn't have any real success outside of Kirk until after the turn of the century. Possibly the convention circuit?
Perhaps ads?

Or voice work in animation might be nice Alt route for him to go down ITTL.
Maybe he starts writing sooner and TTL's equivalent of TekWar comes out in the '70s?

Ron Gourlet (whoever he is) did the writing according to Wikipedia; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TekWar. Not to surprising actually given we've long known the Reeves Stevens's did most of the work on his Trek books.
Oh, huh....welp, okay then.
I learned something new today.
Hmm....maybe Shatner gets a cop show earlier, Gourlet interviews him for a more comprehensive "making of Star Trek" style book, the two get along, and Shatner starts doing his outline for TekWar sooner with Gourlet actually getting some credit (like the Reeves-Stevens did on his Trek novels), and they succeed enough for Shatner to produce (and possibly star in) a more successful TekWar TV show in the late '70s/early '80s?

Oh, huh....welp, okay then.
I learned something new today.
Hmm....maybe Shatner gets a cop show earlier, Gourlet interviews him for a more comprehensive "making of Star Trek" style book, the two get along, and Shatner starts doing his outline for TekWar sooner with Gourlet actually getting some credit (like the Reeves-Stevens did on his Trek novels), and they succeed enough for Shatner to produce (and possibly star in) a more successful TekWar TV show in the late '70s/early '80s?
Given how poor those books were, not sure that's a good thing.

Ron Goulart is very interesting and only one of his names. He seems to have been proficient in writing detective fiction which makes sense why he would have gotten along with Shatner.

MAYBE in this time line Shatner instead meets up with Nicholas Meyer and they collaborate on what becomes "Tek War" a science fiction "Sherlock Holmes".

I never read the books, but I did enjoy the mini-series/tv movies. LOL.