Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

On a side note, this is probably going to lead to the Canadian equivalent of the Secret Service being established to protect Canada's Prime Minister and Governor-General, since, if Trudeau had been in the equivalent position in the US, he would have had Secret Service protection...

On a side note, this is probably going to lead to the Canadian equivalent of the Secret Service being established to protect Canada's Prime Minister and Governor-General, since, if Trudeau had been in the equivalent position in the US, he would have had Secret Service protection...

Excellent point, Unknown! That will probably be one of PM Turner's first orders of business.

So apparently I had wrongly assumed that Linda Kasabian had turned herself to the police after escaping the Manson’s. However looking it up, it seems she escape to live with her mother and only turned herself in and became a witness after the warrent for her arrest was made.

So she probably won’t factor in the arrest, just the trial afterwards. So Manson getting lucky and escaping justice longer ITTL depends on if Susan Atkins gets arrested or if she does, she has a different cellmate who does’t spill to the police what Atkins told her.

Honestly, as much as I want to see Manson get caught, I have to admit, it’d be very interesting to see what would happen if his reign of terror went on just a little while longer.

By the way @President_Lincoln, I wanted to point out something I noticed in the chapter that could be unlikely, and that was that Kasabian was a lookout in the Tate murder in OTL, and that she never personally murdered anyone, and seemed to have been terrified at the thought of doing so, and was horrified herself by the murders. It’s likely she would have the same role here ITTL.

Personally, I would go back and correct that. Either that or replace Linda Kasabian being there entirely with someone else. It’s important to remember after all that her remoreful witness testimony was the reason Manson got put away as the leader even though he physically never committed the murders. If not for her, Manson would have gotten away and only Tex Watson and the other women who killed Tate that night would have been convicted.

I’d actually recommend watch Kasabian’s interview from the 2007 Manson documentary if you want to her her perspective on the night of the Tate murders:

Last edited:
Good lord, that update was nothing short of bone-chilling. It is, I suppose, the one event that shatters all perceptions of this as a potential utopia. One has to wonder what the relations will be between the Canadian public and America now, what with their star Prime Minister being so brutally murdered.

Good lord, that update was nothing short of bone-chilling. It is, I suppose, the one event that shatters all perceptions of this as a potential utopia. One has to wonder what the relations will be between the Canadian public and America now, what with their star Prime Minister being so brutally murdered.

The American - Canadian friendship will still stand strong ITTL. No band of disturbed cultists can ruin that. It will however take a massive cooperative effort between the two to bring Manson and his followers to the justice they deserve.

As a more light hearted exercise, I'm a huge theater/TV nerd. Inspired by @King_Arthur's "trailers" for TTL thus far, I've decided to work on my picks for a hypothetical casting of Blue Skies in Camelot if it were ever made into a Netflix series. :) I'll take some time to think about who I'd like to play whom (and who should be featured main characters for that matter!) If you guys have suggestions or want to make lists of your own, feel free. If not, that's okay too! This is more an exercise in imagination than anything else. :D

The next regular update of Blue Skies will be out this Friday.

I've decided to work on my picks for a hypothetical casting of Blue Skies in Camelot if it were ever made into a Netflix series
y e s
The American - Canadian friendship will still stand strong ITTL. No band of disturbed cultists can ruin that. It will however take a massive cooperative effort between the two to bring Manson and his followers to the justice they deserve.
Hmm… maybe this actually strengthens the bond between the two nations.

For Fun :p:

cd0612ec0171ea213ef05a34c71eca3d.jpg

South Vietnamese president Nguyễn Khánh at a press conference before the ARVN invasion of Laos.
“This is not an invasion of Laos, the areas targeted are under the control of Viet Cong and Khmer Rouge forces. Our mission is not to occupy these areas, once we have destroyed their supplies and driven them out of their sanctuaries the army will withdraw.”

Last edited:

BP Booker

Banned
As a more light hearted exercise, I'm a huge theater/TV nerd. Inspired by @King_Arthur's "trailers" for TTL thus far, I've decided to work on my picks for a hypothetical casting of Blue Skies in Camelot if it were ever made into a Netflix series. :) I'll take some time to think about who I'd like to play whom (and who should be featured main characters for that matter!) If you guys have suggestions or want to make lists of your own, feel free. If not, that's okay too! This is more an exercise in imagination than anything else. :D

Not really casting, but I always imagined that a Netflix series like House of Cards with the main characters addressing the audience would be made about the Johnson-RBK Feud. LBJ, JFK and Bobby would be the main 3 and each one would have different perspectives and monologues. The first season would begin at the 1960 DNC and end in November 22, 1963. The second season would end with the Kennedys leaving DC. The Third Season would be about Bobby and LBJ in the Senate between 1971 and 1977 (With JFK being a minor character) and ends with:

Robert Kennedy is walking around the Oval Office, he gently caresses the Resolute Desk, he smiles at a photo of himself and his brothers he brought with him. Fireworks from his inauguration ceremony illuminate his features in the dark room. He turns to the audience, straightens up and says:

“My Turn”

THE END

Also, Ed Harris kinda looked like an old, shitty beaten up Harry Truman in “The Truman Show” Matt Damon looks like Robert Kennedy, and its definitely too fucking late now, but Kevin Spacey could have played LBJ and he was going to do a Gore Vidal movie. If you think Im way off the mark, Im sorry, Im not very good with faces

But for the love of God make sure Michael C Hall stays as far away as possible!

Not really casting, but I always imagined that a Netflix series like House of Cards with the main characters addressing the audience would be made about the Johnson-RBK Feud. LBJ, JFK and Bobby would be the main 3 and each one would have different perspectives and monologues. The first season would begin at the 1960 DNC and end in November 22, 1963. The second season would end with the Kennedys leaving DC. The Third Season would be about Bobby and LBJ in the Senate between 1971 and 1977 (With JFK being a minor character) and ends with:

Robert Kennedy is walking around the Oval Office, he gently caresses the Resolute Desk, he smiles at a photo of himself and his brothers he brought with him. Fireworks from his inauguration ceremony illuminate his features in the dark room. He turns to the audience, straightens up and says:

“My Turn”

THE END

Also, Ed Harris kinda looked like an old, shitty beaten up Harry Truman in “The Truman Show” Matt Damon looks like Robert Kennedy, and its definitely too fucking late now, but Kevin Spacey could have played LBJ and he was going to do a Gore Vidal movie. If you think Im way off the mark, Im sorry, Im not very good with faces

But for the love of God make sure Michael C Hall stays as far away as possible!

I love this idea! I'll hopefully have my list out tomorrow.

Pretty good odds, actually.

Assuming they don't flee to Mexico, that is.
Good evening, I'm Tom Brokaw. In international news the United States, Canada, and Republic of Quebec have launched a joint invasion of Mexico to secure the arrest of the so-called "Manson Family" for the 1969 assassination of Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau....
Anyway, can't help but wait for Woodstock! Considering the ending for this update, I'm expecting something bad happens...
The Mansons show up with bombs?
For some reason I’m imaging a young 18 year old Michelle Phieffer or Jamie Lee Curtis, both from California, being seduced into the family (though the later would be a major stretch considering her parents and upbringing).
....!!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

The next regular update of Blue Skies will be out this Friday.
Bruce Greenwood as JFK
Seth Meyers as RFK
Woody Harrelson as LBJ
and
Gethin Anthony as Manson (he actually played him IOTL on a short-lived TV series called Aquarius)