Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Perhaps, however with strong leaders and a commitment to both integrity and dialogue they can do well. Bobby needs them.

Um,no. If he is identified associting with people who want to fundamentally change American culture,he will lose the support of the working class Democrats he would need to win a power struggle

It is possible for Bobby to appeal to both working class Democrats and the counterculture. His older brother did pull it off after all, though it will require a careful balancing act of his positions and initiatives if he wins election to the Senate in 1970. In a possible future Presidential run, Bobby could be forced to reassure one side or the other with his choice of running mate and cabinet appointees, but I think he can walk the line between them if he needs to.

Perhaps, however with strong leaders and a commitment to both integrity and dialogue they can do well. Bobby needs them.
So long as there aren’t violent hippies then it could be a possibility but he’ll need the working-class Democrats as well. If Bobby panders to the counterculture too much he could risk alienating working-class Democrats. And I don’t need to tell you who’ll sweep in to pick up those that Bobby neglects.

So long as there aren’t violent hippies then it could be a possibility but he’ll need the working-class Democrats as well. If Bobby panders to the counterculture too much he could risk alienating working-class Democrats. And I don’t need to tell you who’ll sweep in to pick up those that Bobby neglects.

Absolutely. I think that Bobby's main base of supporters will be ethnic minorities and women, especially Catholic Latinos and African Americans. As for building a coalition out from there, he'll reach out to the counterculture and working class Democrats, but strike a more moderate position in the party than the staunchly New Deal "Old Left" of LBJ or the "New Left" of McGovern and McCarthy.

Absolutely. I think that Bobby's main base of supporters will be ethnic minorities and women, especially Catholic Latinos and African Americans. As for building a coalition out from there, he'll reach out to the counterculture and working class Democrats, but strike a more moderate position in the party than the staunchly New Deal "Old Left" of LBJ or the "New Left" of McGovern and McCarthy.
So he will create a “Current Left” as it were?

So he will create a “Current Left” as it were?

A strong possibility! :D Bobby really wants to avoid having an air of "inevitability" ala Hillary Clinton circa 2016 IOTL. He absolutely, under no circumstances, wants to try and ride his brother's coat tails to the White House, but rather seeks to build a case for his own capacity to lead. That means fighting for the little guy, not glory hounding, and in his own words from 1964, "just being a good United States Senator".

upload_2018-6-27_14-57-32.jpeg

A strong possibility! :D Bobby really wants to avoid having an air of "inevitability" ala Hillary Clinton circa 2016 IOTL. He absolutely, under no circumstances, wants to try and ride his brother's coat tails to the White House, but rather seeks to build a case for his own capacity to lead. That means fighting for the little guy, not glory hounding, and in his own words from 1964, "just being a good United States Senator".

View attachment 394328
He’d get my vote for sure. :D And I no longer have a political stance (and I won’t disclose why that is).