PNWKing

Banned
I kind of have a lot of "I wonder" questions:
What happened to Comcast ITTL?
What was the best-selling Google Nexus title?
What's up with NFL games ITTL?
Did Apple ever make a Sonic game for the iPhone ITTL?
I wonder what the next-gen consoles ITTL will be?
Is Samsung still going to co-develop with Google ITTL?
Is a concept like "The Blacklist" around ITTL? Personally, I think Jon Bokenkamp could have become a game designer ITTL, and The Blacklist ends up taking the place of OTL's GTA IV.

I just thought of something: Midlothian High School (TTL's "fusion dance", to borrow a term from a show that the last update is getting to the time of, of Columbine and Parkland) is Aimee Mann's alma mater. Did she participate in any fundraising events for the high school? Or especially for the victims?

I think she would have written a song for it. The song itself didn't chart or anything like that, but it did raise some money and she also raised some money at her concert tour in 2002.

1. What is the statis of the eartbound series, did mother 3 get localised, did it even get made in this timeline, I imagine it to not be censored much due to this timelines more acceptance of LGBT rights

2. Did the Heavens Gate Cult get affected in any way, that suicide was one of the most notorious events of the 90s and considering how the other events of the like sorta fizzled out

3. Electronic Arts' status, considering they basically pirated genisis games to sell their own sports titles and that they were refusing to port games to the dreamcast in the OTL, and considering the karma that could be given to them, what were their status

4. Did wikipeidia get renamed or affected in anyway, just want to know what you would do to it

There were four Mother games instead of three ITTL, and they all got localized. None of them were huge hits, but they did decently well.

Heaven's Gate still goes down much the same as it did IOTL, including the mass suicides. Only difference is the numbers: 39 die ITTL, a few more than IOTL.

Electronic Arts is still doing quite well ITTL. They're still doing the Madden games, have tons of other hits (including their NBA games, which are doing about as well as the NBA 2K games IOTL). Karma did not come for them.

Wikipedia is pretty much the same as IOTL.

What happened to Comcast ITTL?
What was the best-selling Google Nexus title?
What's up with NFL games ITTL?
Did Apple ever make a Sonic game for the iPhone ITTL?
I wonder what the next-gen consoles ITTL will be?
Is Samsung still going to co-develop with Google ITTL?
Is a concept like "The Blacklist" around ITTL? Personally, I think Jon Bokenkamp could have become a game designer ITTL, and The Blacklist ends up taking the place of OTL's GTA IV.

Comcast is going as strong as IOTL. Small butterflies here and there, but they're still going strong. They don't buy NBC ITTL, but they buy other assets that are equivalent in terms of value/reach.

Best selling Nexus title? So far, Miraculous Ladybug. The Covenant Zero is coming up fast though.

YOu can check out the Super Bowl updates if you'd like, we've done them almost every year of the timeline. Use the Threadmarks and look for NFL posts toward the start of each "year".

They made many. Many, many, many. Too many to mention here. There are dozens, including ports, crappy cash-in games, and actual full good games in a variety of genres. If you are a Sonic fan and you have an iPhone, you'll be very happy.

You'll see ^_^

Samsung and Google are working together on hardware and network features, but Samsung isn't doing games. They might fund a software company or two, and publish some games, but they're not in the game creation business.

No Blacklist, but Jon Bokenkamp works on, doesn't create, but works on a somewhat similar NBC series starring James Spader in a morally ambiguous lead role. He plays a CIA agent who uses unorthodox means to complete his missions. The show is a bit less serialized than The Blacklist, it has a similar "bad guy of the week" format, but more of these episodes are standalone. Lyssa Fielding actually guest-stars in an episode in 2018 as a retired operative who takes on a mercenary job and ends up clashing with Spader's character in the process. Bokenkamp doesn't work on any games ITTL, but Spader's done some video game voices, most notably in Necrocracy and Blackheart 666.

A question and a theory;
Is Nintendo still cracking down on fangames ITTL or are they like IOTL Sega and Capcom and accept fangames sometimes even hiring them for new projects

Also I theorize that Netflix might get into the game streaming industry soon, just a thought I don't know why they wont do it IOTL it seems obvious

Welcome back Ry, good to see you back.

Question: What is the thing you feel bad for/regret butterflying the most so far ITTL? (i.e a piece of fiction that never exists, or something already bad that turned out worse).

PNWKing

Banned
Is Disney Interactive a thing ITTL?
Might Google buy Activision?
Also, when you summarized the Thrillseekers books all I could think of was a childhood friend who would have totally collected them.

Hey, been a longtime fan of this timeline -
I really wanna thank y'all for the timeline, it's very well written and it's been a blast to read these past few years. Really cannot stress how much joy this timeline has given me. Thanks you so much.

I also wanted to mention, if it's not a problem, I saw mention of a shooting at Midlothian High School in the timeline? I wanted to ask the circumstances of this, I attended Midlothian High School, in Virginia, as did my father before me in the 80's, so I thought that was interesting.

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder how Sony getting extra money from the SNES-CD and involvement in future Nintendo consoles has effected Sony Music Group and Sony Pictures.

I wonder how Sony getting extra money from the SNES-CD and involvement in future Nintendo consoles has effected Sony Music Group and Sony Pictures.
Perhaps we'd get official Nintendo soundtracks and great films & movies based on the games? Personally, I can most definitely see a Squad Four movie and a Legend of the Seven Seas series as far as TTL-exclusive adaptations go.

So from rereading this thread, if I could only play three consoles from TTL, they'd be:

3. Nintendo Reality- IMO, this console looks to be what I wish the PS4 was. The big cinematic games like Squad Four: Betrayal and Metroid Quarantine seem to focus more on fun gameplay mechanics than games like God of War or even Horizon Zero Dawn. This feels like a very different Nintendo, but one that keeps what I love in their games and it would be neat to see them take advantage of something that powerful (which I'm sure I'll see in a few years nonetheless). I also like how the Reality seems a bit more experimental, partly from VR, partly from Nintendo giving their takes on new trends more than TTL and partly just because Nintendo seems really smart with when to take risks ITTL. Third party support looks pretty great too.
Games I'd buy with it: Squad Four: Betrayal, The Legend of Zelda Remake, Tales of the Seven Seas: To the End of the World, Necrocracy 3

2. Gameboy Supernova- This one actually looks to be the best representation of Nintendo ITTL. I feel like it being a handheld meant Nintendo, Sony, and third parties got more experimental with their IPs and new franchises while it being out for so long and being so easy to develop for meant it got something from every major franchise. Compared to the Connect, 2D exclusives seemed more plentiful, 3D games had more interesting gimmicks from their console counterparts, and there seemed to be a lot more new IPs. I didn't like the PSP IOTL, but this seems what I wanted that handheld to be
Games I buy with it: Super Mario Dimensions 2, Mechatos, TMNT vs Battletoads, Pokemon Rise/Fall

1. iTwin- We never got that follow up to the Genesis that showed Sega at the top of their game again. And even though this is an Apple console, it felt like they were keeping Sega's spirit intact. Virtua seems fine, don't get me wrong, but it feels too much like an Apple console, innovating in really expensive tech over innovative gameplay ideas. iTwin looked like it had those innovative, fun gameplay ideas and the motion controllers seemed to be what we all wanted the Wii to be. And it modernized so many classic Sega IPs like Panzer Dragoon and Sonic, kept Capcom going strong during their weakest IOTL gen, and introduced awesome sounding new IPs. Nintendo as a company may have benefitted the most from TTL, but I think Sega’s fans benefitted more from TTL than any other. Also 7th gen seems to have the best Bioware game so its best console automatically wins.
Games I'd buy with it: Panzer Dragoon Zeta, Sonic Duo, Mega Man Next 2, Necrocracy 1/2

Last edited:
Lots of things happen in chapter six, including the revelation that Cream is Peach's long lost younger brother
I know I probably should have asked this sooner, but how was this part of the plot revealed in the actual game? Perhaps the other player characters heard a conversation these two had, like that scene in the E3 promo for it?