As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Those would be nice, but I am still not sure which series should be the first of the Fox dubs.
Personally, I'd go with either a re-dub of Kimba or a dub of Gatchaman under the name of Birds of Balance, due to the bird theme and the science plot. Either one could work as a first attempt, but the other four could be used later on ITTL.

Twelve Chairs and American Graffiti were the only real hits that Hyperion churned out. There's a chance Hyperion might still exist in some form, similar to how Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures co-existed for most of the 90's IOTL. Maybe Hyperion could be an arthouse label like Searchlight IOTL?

If a version of Disney's Hollywood studios exists in this thread it's not going to be called Disney Hyperion Studios then. You wouldn't name a studio after an artsy indie brand. So Disney Hyperion Studios, if it even exists in this thread, would possibly be Disney Fox Studios.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
rocky-horror-picture-show-lips.jpg

Released by 20th Century-Fox on October 3, 1975.

Everything in Rocky Horror is the same. But ITTL, the film carries greater significance as Fox's first release after the studio was sold to Walt Disney Productions just months prior.​

Beauty and the Beast (1975 Film)
Beauty and the Beast
Beauty-and-the-Beast-logo-bw.jpg

Released on Thanksgiving Weekend 1975.

Produced and directed by
Walt Disney, Sr.

Executive Producers
Ron Miller
Roy E. Disney
Walt Disney, Jr.

Assistant Directors
John Lounsbery
Ray Patterson

Additional animation produced by
Grantray-Lawrence

Musical score composed and conducted by
Buddy Baker

Songs by
The Sherman Brothers

Story
Ken Anderson
Larry Clemmons
Floyd Norman
Vance Gerry
Julius Svendsen
Ted Berman
Burny Mattinson

Supervising Animators
Frank Thomas
Ollie Johnston
Milt Kahl
Don Bluth

Character Animators
Ron Clements
Glen Keane (debut)
Bill Hajee
John Pomeroy
Gary Goldman
Dale Baer
Dale Michener
Fred Hellmich
Art Stevens
Chuck Harvey
Whitey Larkin

Voices
Dolly Parton as Belle
Burt Reynolds as the Beast
Derek Jacobi as Gaston
Pat Buttram as Maurice
Christopher Plummer as Lumiere
Graham Chapman as Cogsworth
Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Potts
Don Messick as LeFou
John Vernon as Monsieur D'Arque​

Last edited:
Reaction to Beauty and the Beast
Mr. Disney, just because Dolly Parton has big boobs doesn't mean the female lead in your newest cartoon movie needs to have them too. Just a thought.
- The Village Voice

While some critics can't get past Belle's cup size, you can't deny how well the songs are interwoven into the plot.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

You had to be there when Dad gave the finger to [MPAA chief] Jack Valenti when we screened the film for the rating board.
- Walt Disney, Jr. in an interview with The Rolling Stone

First they came after Walter Lantz and now Walt Disney. Will these self righteous moral guardians quit ruining cartoons for the rest of us?
- Letter to The Denver Post

That first song was enough to keep me engaged with the entire film.
- The New York Times

Forget about the cup size or the visible panty lines. Can't we just talk about how memorable the songs are?
- The Boston Globe

How could you not love Burt Reynolds as the Beast?
- The Oregonian

Mr. Disney, just because Dolly Parton has big boobs doesn't mean the female lead in your newest cartoon movie needs to have them too. Just a thought.
- The Village Voice

While some critics can't get past Belle's cup size, you can't deny how well the songs are interwoven into the plot.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

You had to be there when Dad gave the finger to [MPAA chief] Jack Valenti when we screened the film for the rating board.
- Walt Disney, Jr. in an interview with The Rolling Stone

First they came after Walter Lantz and now Walt Disney. Will these self righteous moral guardians quit ruining cartoons for the rest of us?
- Letter to The Denver Post

That first song was enough to keep me engaged with the entire film.
- The New York Times

Forget about the cup size or the visible panty lines. Can't we just talk about how memorable the songs are?
- The Boston Globe

How could you not love Burt Reynolds as the Beast?
- The Oregonian

From Alice's panty shots and now Belle's breast size, something tells me that animators might be interested in given the main Disney girls/princesses some...ahem...additional features...

All seriousness though, I see we have quite a fair number of a British cast on this film. I think what I'm interpreting from this, if you agree with me on this, that ever since Hansel and Gretel many British actors/comedians might see Disney as a way to break into America by staring in the animated films or perhaps other related Disney features. I'm certain Billy Connolly will be a shoo-in to star in a Disney film at this rate much earlier.

This might become perhaps a tradition in future Disney films for this happen and might have interesting butterflies for comedians that might for better or worse change their career like Freddie Starr or Stanley Baxter for example if they try and get recognised Stateside ITTL.

Last edited:
From Alice's panty shots and now Belle's breast size, something tells me that animators might be interested in given the main Disney girls/princesses some...ahem...additional features...

All seriousness though, I see we have quite a fair number of a British cast on this film. I think what I'm interpreting from this, if you agree with me on this, that ever since Hansel and Gretel many British actors/comedians might see Disney as a way to break into America by staring in the animated films or perhaps other related Disney features. I'm certain Billy Connolly will be a shoo-in to star in a Disney film at this rate much earlier.

This might become perhaps a tradition in future Disney films for this happen and might have interesting butterflies for comedians that might for better or worse change their career like Freddie Starr or Stanley Baxter for example if they try and get recognised Stateside ITTL.

Billy Connolly played Ben in Pocahontas IOTL right?

I'll definitely need to find roles for Starr and Baxter for sure.

The underground comix still being churned out in San Francisco by Rip Off Press and Last Gasp have artists already doing it in parody strips and whatnot.