As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Considering how long the partnership between GL and Walt Disney has been, I'm surprised that they weren't already purchased.

I'm with Lucas on having Star Wars begin with the Fox logo. I mean, SW isn't SW without that fanfare, and Fox isn't Fox without George Lucas.

I have three ideas for anime dubs. One, Urusei Yatsura. Two, Kimba the White Lion. Three, Voltron. A trio of famous hits, all being handled by a division of Walt Disney Sr.'s legendary studio. What could go wrong with that?

While I like the idea of Nelvana co-producing and dubbing any anime adaptations of Rumiko Takahashi's work, I wouldn't mind Disney/Fox co-producing/dubbing Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, and/or even Inuyasha ITTL. I mean, It's not like i wanna see a Urusei Yatsura/Star vs. The Forces of Evil crossover movie happen sometime in the late 2010s ITTL... Oh wait, I do... On the other hand, If we do that, Nelvana will have to co-produce and/or dub another anime around that time... How about the 1979 Cyborg 009 anime? Or maybe The Rose of Versailles? Even Galaxy Express 999 will work!

Let's take a bet, everyone. Will it or won't it be Star Wars?

I bet it's the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Last edited:
While I like the idea of Nelvana co-producing and dubbing any anime adaptations of Rumiko Takahashi's work, I wouldn't mind Disney/Fox co-producing/dubbing Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, and/or even Inuyasha ITTL. I mean, It's not like i wanna see a Urusei Yatsura/Star vs. The Forces of Evil crossover movie happen sometime in the late 2010s ITTL... Oh wait, I do... On the other hand, If we do that, Nelvana will have to co-produce and/or dub another anime around that time... How about the 1979 Cyborg 009 anime? Or maybe The Rose of Versailles? Even Galaxy Express 999 will work!
Well, in all honesty, Fox's history with the perverted and the Japanese IOTL, what with Porky's and the Fox Family Features release of My Neighbor Totoro, made me request Urusei Yatsura for an attempt at a Fox/Disney dub. And don't worry, because I too want to see a crossover between Yatsura and Star vs. to be in the cards.

As for a new Nelvana dub, maybe we can see Saint Seiya get a dub from them instead of DiC Entertainment?
I bet it's the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
yeah maybe or it could be little shop of horrors.
[/QUOTE]
Well, SW was my first guess, but it could be something else, which is why I put a bet out for such a vague hint.

I’d love to see Disney dub Kimba. That way any hypothetical Lion King movie can wear the obvious Kimba influence on its sleeve instead of looking like Disney plagiarized the concept.
It is too late to distubise the oringal kimba cartoon. There is a remake in 1989 but is still avaible. The otl dub of the 1989 kimba by pininor family entment is said to be terraible. IF disney dubs voltron it may not be called voltorn becuase the jappnesse name for voltron is go lion. The voltron name was many changes that Ted kolpar or World Events Productions made to go lion. I sugest disney dub Science Ninja Team Gatchaman , dragonball and mobile suit gudam

I love the idea of Fox under Disney reinventing itself as, among other things, the home for the best anime dubs in America. Any hypothetical Fox channel could end up being closer to Toonami than the OTL Fox network.

I love the idea of Fox under Disney reinventing itself as, among other things, the home for the best anime dubs in America. Any hypothetical Fox channel could end up being closer to Toonami than the OTL Fox network.
I think fox should be disney label for more mature flims by animated and live action. It most of fox fox's otl post 1975 family films like ice age and home alone should go to another studio

I think fox should be disney label for more mature flims by animated and live action. It most of fox fox's otl post 1975 family films like ice age and home alone should go to another studio

Disney already has a more mature brand for films in Hyperion. It just doesn't seem necessary for Fox to fill that role when Hyperion's already filling it well enough. Hence why I was trying to figure out some other role for Fox to have in the Disney Family.

Disney already has a more mature brand for films in Hyperion. It just doesn't seem necessary for Fox to fill that role when Hyperion's already filling it well enough. Hence why I was trying to figure out some other role for Fox to have in the Disney Family.

Oldnavy says that walt has decided to have fox abose hyperion because fox has more pergious then hyperion

Entertainment News for Autumn 1975
Harriet Adams, who took over the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew book series from her father, wins her lawsuit against Famous Studios and its parent company MCA. Famous Studios president Walter Lantz has now been ordered by a judge to pay Adams more than $36 Million USD for breach of contract. The Nancy Drew Mystery Hour, an animated adaptation of Adams' books, ran on SBC's Saturday Morning lineup for only one season before being quickly canceled amid criticism from parents' and women's groups over the show's content.
- The Los Angeles Times

Moviegoers form long lines for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the first release from 20th Century-Fox under the ownership of Walt Disney Productions.
- Variety.

MCA to decide on Lantz's future with the company no later than January 1976.
- The Hollywood Reporter.

In response to the Nancy Drew disaster, SBC's rivals enact new content standards for Saturday Morning programming.
- TV Guide.

Disney to undergo a vast restructuring amid the Fox transaction.
- The Wall Street Journal.

Then what's Hyperion's purpose? It feels kind of weird that Disney Sr would make a decision that would seemingly sideline his son's studio.

Twelve Chairs and American Graffiti were the only real hits that Hyperion churned out. There's a chance Hyperion might still exist in some form, similar to how Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures co-existed for most of the 90's IOTL. Maybe Hyperion could be an arthouse label like Searchlight IOTL?

Twelve Chairs and American Graffiti were the only real hits that Hyperion churned out. There's a chance Hyperion might still exist in some form, similar to how Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures co-existed for most of the 90's IOTL. Maybe Hyperion could be an arthouse label like Searchlight IOTL?
Making Hyperion an indie film studio could work.

That idea could work.

Moviegoers form long lines for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the first release from 20th Century-Fox under the ownership of Walt Disney Productions.
- Variety.
I was right!