As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Entertainment News for November 1984
Disney's free-wheeling, happy-go-lucky take on Kipling pays big dividends at the box office.
- Variety

Democrats retain the White House with the election of former auto tycoon Lee Iacocca (D-MI) to the nation's highest office. Ronald Reagan's open embrace of Scientology and his pledge to commute the prison sentence of convicted child groomer John Kricfalusi proved to be the downfall of the former actor's presidential campaign. Reagan will retain his position as chairman of the Americans For Responsible Television.
- The Washington Post

ABC abruptly replaces Bert and Ernie with Heathcliff after nearly five years on the Saturday Morning lineup.
- TV Guide

Hanna-Barbera expresses an interest in Amblin's Commodore-built Pixar computers.
- The Hollywood Reporter

And now, a poll for whom the next Paramount chairperson should be.
https://forms.gle/xNDZMoUeKM7gXLQR8

And a poll for who should be Tony Stark.
https://forms.gle/Ys1GxZ7fN4TYRgLN6

Disney's free-wheeling, happy-go-lucky take on Kipling pays big dividends at the box office.
- Variety

Democrats retain the White House with the election of former auto tycoon Lee Iacocca (D-MI) to the nation's highest office. Ronald Reagan's open embrace of Scientology and his pledge to commute the prison sentence of convicted child groomer John Kricfalusi proved to be the downfall of the former actor's presidential campaign. Reagan will retain his position as chairman of the Americans For Responsible Television.
- The Washington Post

ABC abruptly replaces Bert and Ernie with Heathcliff after nearly five years on the Saturday Morning lineup.
- TV Guide

Hanna-Barbera expresses an interest in Amblin's Commodore-built Pixar computers.
- The Hollywood Reporter

And now, a poll for whom the next Paramount chairperson should be.
https://forms.gle/xNDZMoUeKM7gXLQR8

And a poll for who should be Tony Stark.
https://forms.gle/Ys1GxZ7fN4TYRgLN6
Cha-ching!

So, Reagan isn't the new president?

This makes sense. I mean, there are enough Heathcliff episodes to spare, and Bert and Ernie has gotten quite stale thanks to being on reruns as long as it had new episodes, if not longer.

Could we see HB tackle CGI in this timeline?

Voted on both polls.

There are? Because Simpson is the only one that comes to mind for me...
Unless we're actually talking about juice/breakfast drinks, but for people I can only think of one OJ.

There was a disco band called The O'Jays.

What are the differences with this version of Jungle Book compared to OTL?

For one, the snake sounds nothing like Pooh Bear.

Secondly, the wolves get slightly more screentime at the beginning. Hence, the addition of Debbie Reynolds singing "You'll Be in My Heart" as the Mother-Wolf.

Third, IOTL the vultures were intended to comment on Beatlemania. Here, the vultures are meant to cash-in on the current wave of Beatle nostalgia. However, Daniel Abbott based his vulture voice more on Holly from Frankie Goes Hollywood to sneak in a wink to the MTV generation. In fact, keep an eye out for the novelty album Meet the Vultures.

David Ogden Stiers' voice for Colonel Hathi is closer to Ratcliffe in OTL's Pocahontas.

Cha-ching!

So, Reagan isn't the new president?

This makes sense. I mean, there are enough Heathcliff episodes to spare, and Bert and Ernie has gotten quite stale thanks to being on reruns as long as it had new episodes, if not longer.

Could we see HB tackle CGI in this timeline?

Voted on both polls.

1 and 2) You heard correctly.

HB's first test of the CGI waters will likely be a simulation ride.

keep an eye out for the novelty album Meet the Vultures.

1 and 2) You heard correctly.

HB's first test of the CGI waters will likely be a simulation ride.
Great!

Of course, now we have to ask what the simulation ride would be.

Not gonna lie, I'd buy that album if it was the voice actors for TTL's Vultures covering the best of the Beatles.

PNWKing

Banned
So, how's the director possibilities going? I can see Francis Ford Coppola, Richard Donner, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and Tim Burton all in consideration.

Norman Climbs the Mountain!
November 30, 1984
Paramount Studios
Hollywood, California

bruckheimer.jpg

Jerry Bruckheimer
Paramount Vice President
(at the podium):
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the new head of Paramount Pictures; Mr. Norman Lear."

***applause***

Norman_Slide_1-e1477326359197-610x720.jpg

Norman Lear:
"Up until a month ago, most Hollywood insiders agreed that Mr. Mancuso's refusal to extend Richard Williams's contract would haunt Paramount for years to come. Starting today, I pledge to you a commitment to restore this organization's rightful place at the mountaintop of American pop culture."​

PNWKing

Banned
I'd assume Norman Lear is looking at two young Mormon brothers from Nevada and a young New York Jew whose father created a radio show?

November 30, 1984
Paramount Studios
Hollywood, California

bruckheimer.jpg

Jerry Bruckheimer
Paramount Vice President
(at the podium):
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the new head of Paramount Pictures; Mr. Norman Lear."​
YES! If this wasn't CBS, I'd say that they traded an eye for an eye.

PNWKing

Banned
In terms of Disney's next animated feature, I think if they can get Phil Collins, Queen, ELO, or LaBelle to do the music it would be amazing.

In terms of Disney's next animated feature, I think if they can get Phil Collins, Queen, ELO, or LaBelle to do the music it would be amazing.

Given how we're still technically in 1984, I'd have Queen or ELO on speed dial, and take a rain check on Collins.

Peter Gabriel on the other hand.....

I looked through his discography, and found that one of his songs was Down to Earth from WALL-E. In the shortest terms possible, I would love this.

The studio's next film is The Black Cauldron.