As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Daniel Abbott, slayer of creepy neckbeards and sexual predators has struck again! Thank goodness.

Still, I don't know how NBC is gonna survive if they're down for the count and are facing a crisis such as this. Might spell the end of the network with such an abrupt implosion of their reputation thanks to Crosby.

Daniel Abbott, slayer of creepy neckbeards and sexual predators has struck again! Thank goodness.

Still, I don't know how NBC is gonna survive if they're down for the count and are facing a crisis such as this. Might spell the end of the network with such an abrupt implosion of their reputation thanks to Crosby.

Sadly, Abbott will still have names like Spacey, Weinstein and maybe Murdoch to confront.

So, what will they replace the show with midseason?

Since the Cosby situation supposedly left NBC unprepared, Diller's former Paramount ties could lead to Cheers airing on two nights.

Sadly, Abbott will still have names like Spacey, Weinstein and maybe Murdoch to confront.
True, but I think he can be the start towards an increased awareness of sexual violence if Abbott managed to exposed both John Kricfalusi and Bill Crosby, especially the latter. I guess we'll see how he fares against Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey.

Since the Cosby situation supposedly left NBC unprepared, Diller's former Paramount ties could lead to Cheers airing on two nights.
That depends. Did Cheers and Cosby share the same night ITTL? Because if so, then I'd rather have Cheers be moved up an hour, and the old slot could be taken up by edited reruns of Star Trek: The Original Series, because of Diller's days at Paramount, NBC being the original network for Spock and Kirk, and because Disney has taken up a considerable amount of science fiction fans with the likes of the Star Wars trilogy, back before it was sold to Amblin, E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial, and even their dub of Urusei Yatsura could have scratched that science fiction itch if you stretch it far enough.

It's just a suggestion until the next season arises for the network.

PNWKing

Banned
I think NBC should look into shows for a mid-season replacement. Will Touchstone Television have Punky Brewster ready? If so, there's the golden ticket. Also "Diller's days at Paramount" don't matter, because Paramount didn't buy Desilu ITTL. Instead Lucille Ball bought RKO, and sold it to Coca-Cola, which just bought NBC. Except I don't think RKO would want NBC to rerun Star Trek: The Original Series.

I think NBC should look into shows for a mid-season replacement. Will Touchstone Television have Punky Brewster ready? If so, there's the golden ticket. Also "Diller's days at Paramount" don't matter, because Paramount didn't buy Desilu ITTL. Instead Lucille Ball bought RKO, and sold it to Coca-Cola, which just bought NBC. Except I don't think RKO would want NBC to rerun Star Trek: The Original Series.
How about a Star Trek prequel series

Entertainment News for January 1985
Trekkies Rejoice!: NBC fills the former Cosby timeslot with reruns of the legendary spacefaring series.
- TV Guide

A defiant Barry Diller says NBC will survive long after the Cosby conundrum.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Laura Branigan signs with 20th Century Fox Records after releasing three albums with Warner's Atlantic label.
- MTV News

SBC interested in NBC's portions of NFL and MLB broadcast rights.
- The Sporting News

Trekkies Rejoice!: NBC fills the former Cosby timeslot with reruns of the legendary spacefaring series.
- TV Guide

- The Hollywood Reporter

Laura Branigan signs with 20th Century Fox Records after releasing three albums with Warner's Atlantic label.
- MTV News

SBC interested in NBC's portions of NFL and MLB broadcast rights.
- The Sporting News
Maybe the reruns can be accompanied by a prequel series or a passing of the torch series @OldNavy1988

- TV Guide

- The Hollywood Reporter
Well, it's not like they had many options. Plus, they were the original network for the franchise.

Sure, if someone buys them. As an independent company, however? That's when their days might be numbered.

PNWKing

Banned
Well, it's not like they had many options. Plus, they were the original network for the franchise.

Sure, if someone buys them. As an independent company, however? That's when their days might be numbered.

They are owned by Coca-Cola, which also owns RKO Radio Pictures. This version of RKO was bought by Lucille Ball in the 1970s, so they own Star Trek.

PNWKing

Banned
I don't know but I feel like a few changes would be nice. (1) Limit Leonard Maizlish's access to the series. (2) Cast a French actor as Picard. (3) I don't know, maybe switch Tasha Yar and Deanna Troi's actors, as was planned.

DTV (Music Video Series)
AD-the-disney-channel-button_busy_beaver_button_museum.png

Within the first few months of the network's launch, The Disney Channel launched DTV, a series of music videos created to cash in on the golden age of MTV. These videos, with footage culled from classic Disney animated features and shorts, were presented as filler material inbetween the main programs on The Disney Channel's lineup.

The songs featured on DTV videos were mostly pop standards from the 1950's, 60's and 70's. Eventually, the DTV video of Laura Branigan's "Gloria" would begin the shift towards songs that were more contemporary.

There was one other DTV video that stood out. After Daniel Abbott joined the Disney organization at the halfway point of 1984, he suggested a video with the Casey Junior scenes from Dumbo, the one-shot short The Brave Engineer and the Donald Duck/Chip n' Dale short Out of Scale set to the tune of Ozzy Osbourne's song "Crazy Train."​

1. What is the release schedule for 1985?
  2. With Iacocca as president, will Televisa be pressured to sell Spanish International Network as in otl?
  3. Are you planning to open a 20th Century-Fox Studios park in Orlando?

1. What is the release schedule for 1985?
  2. With Iacocca as president, will Televisa be pressured to sell Spanish International Network as in otl?
  3. Are you planning to open a 20th Century-Fox Studios park in Orlando?

Are you asking for releases from a specific studio?

I don't know too many details about the OTL situation regarding Televisa.

Yes, there will be a Fox Studios park in Orlando.

Yes, there will be a Fox Studios park in Orlando.
If that's the case, will there be a land dedicated to their anime dubs? I mean, they do bring in a surprising amount of revenue and demand, after all. Heck, at the very least, a stage show based on The Secrets of Akko-chan and/or a meet-and-greet with Lum and Ataru should be borderline mandatory, as Akko fits the Disney Princess mold without actually bring the likes of Snow White and Aurora into 20th Century Fox's features, and Urusei Yatsura is the new hot stuff in that division of Fox.

Then again, you don't have to include the Fox dubs in the park if you don't want to.

Well, at least we know who the other monster is now.