As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Entertainment News for Late-July 1984
And then, there were two: Paramount is expected to choose between Sherry Lansing and Norman Lear as the studio's next leader. Jerry Bruckheimer and Don Simpson have agreed to stay at the studio to aid the transition regardless of who is picked.
- Variety

GOP Convention: Delegates embrace Reagan's brand of Scientology.
- CNN

Warner Home Video's VHS/Beta/Laserdisc release of last year's hottest TV special Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever is an instant bestseller!
- The Detroit Free Press

Walt Disney, Jr. teases the upcoming video releases of his father's animated feature classics during a speech at Comic Con.
- San Diego Evening Tribune

He wants our MTV: Australian newspaper baron Rupert Murdoch is placing simultaneous bids for multiple American media companies: ABC, Warner Amex Satellite Entertainment and, curiously, tiny Miramax Films.
- The Rolling Stone

Turner to launch the Cable Music Channel to provide an alternative to MTV.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

And then, there were two: Paramount is expected to choose between Sherry Lansing and Norman Lear as the studio's next leader. Jerry Bruckheimer and Don Simpson have agreed to stay at the studio to aid the transition regardless of who is picked.
- Variety

Warner Home Video's VHS/Beta/Laserdisc release of last year's hottest TV special Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever is an instant bestseller!
- The Detroit Free Press

Walt Disney, Jr. teases the upcoming video releases of his father's animated feature classics during a speech at Comic Con.

He wants our MTV: Australian newspaper baron Rupert Murdoch is placing simultaneous bids for multiple American media companies: ABC, Warner Amex Satellite Entertainment and, curiously, tiny Miramax Films.
- The Rolling Stone

Ooh. A tough choice for the execs, I'm sure.

Good for WHV!

Today I learned that Comic Con existed before the 2010's.

Personally, I hope that he doesn't get Warner Amex. However, the other two are great for him to get. I mean, owning ABC would mean that he can operate a big-name broadcast company, and buying Miramax at this time wouldn't cost much, if at all.

Well, let's hope that this actually pans out for Turner.

- CNN
NGL...I have a hard time believing any mainstream political party "embracing" anyone's "brand" of Scientology.
Unless Reagan himself hasn't drank enough of the Kool-Aid to be let into the really weird shit yet, so even he doesn't know about it...
Also I shudder to think what those fuckos would do with White House level security clearance, considering what they actually did do IOTL...

Today I learned that Comic Con existed before the 2010's.
You'd be surprised how far back fan conventions were held.

Comic Con has been around for over 50 years. The first one was in 1970.
Japan's Comiket has been around since 1975.
Otakon (from which Metal Gear Solid character Hal Emmerich gets his nickname Otacon from) was first held in 1994.
The World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon) dates back to 1939.

- Variety

- CNN

- The Detroit Free Press

- The Rolling Stone

I wonder if murdocj interst in miramax is a refernce to how I suggest that murdhoc be the head of the company that takes the place of trump mathan. By take place of trump matha In am refence has some success with vugar films only to be hits scandels involeing kevan spacey and havery winesine

I belive that diseny world is bg enough for a fith gate. I would woud with an american thme park simalir to parmont's american dream or turmps great american wonderland form the oringal american magic. In fact i would the fith disney world gate as a way to recyle several of the acrtations form great American Wonderland

Question submitted by @Mitch!

Finally, on a lesser note, there’s the 1983 premiere of Huck’s Landing, as part of a double feature with Mickey’s Christmas Carol. With the construction of Splash Mountain years away, will “Son of Man” replace “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah,” as the ride’s signature number, before its Opening Day?

The signature songs for the ride will be either Laughing Place or How Do You Do.

Urusei Yatsura: Only You (1984 English Dub)
Urusei Yatsura: Only You
AAAABQ9scOUsX-3ViS8ihzVQ_p8Eou6beQGqEFMNdFK68d53vmCsl_eqfV45PAsdJ5VEwam3gUyBjOLy_kV0oL6EqSKnszJI.jpg

Released on August 10, 1984

Production Companies
20th Century-Fox
Grantray-Lawrence

Distributor
Buena Vista Distribution Co., Inc.

English Voices
Lauren Tom as Lum Invader
Rob Paulsen as Ataru
Cam Clarke as Mendou
Phil Hartman as Rei
Russi Taylor as Ten
June Angela as Shinobu
Mako as Cherry
April Winchell as Sakura
Rip Torn as Mr. Invader
Sean Young as Elle​

Saturday Morning Schedule for 1984-85
@TheFaultsofAlts
You bet it did!

ABC
Preview Special hosted by Weird Al Yankovic
8:00 Bert and Ernie (Hanna-Barbera; Children's Television Workshop)
8:30 The Get Along Gang (Nelvana; TriStar Television)
9:00 The Littles (DiC Audiovisuel)
9:30 Turbo Teen (Ruby-Spears)
10:30 Wolf Rock TV (Ruby-Spears)
11:00 The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 American Bandstand
1:00 College Football

CBS
8:00 Shirt Tales (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (Screen Gems; Columbia Pictures Television)
9:00 Muppet Babies (Hanna-Barbera; Henson Associates)
9:30 Dragon's Lair (Grantray-Lawrence; 20th Century-Fox Television)
10:00 Pole Position (Ruby-Spears; Namco)
10:30 Dungeons and Dragons (Screen Gems; TSR)
11:00 CBS Storybreak (Screen Gems; Columbia Pictures Television)
11:30 Pryor's Place (Krofft; Columbia Pictures Television)
12:00 The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Show (Warner Bros. Television)

NBC
8:00 Snorks (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 Pink Panther and Son (United Artists)
9:00 The Smurfs (Hanna-Barbera)
10:30 Alvin and the Chipmunks (Ruby-Spears; Bagdasarian)
11:00 Kidd Video (DiC; Saban)
11:30 Mr. T (Famous Studios; Universal Television)
12:00 Going Bananas (Hanna-Barbera) [Live Action]
12:30 Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (Grantray-Lawrence; 20th Century-Fox Television)

SBC
8:00 The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show (Melendez)
8:30 Mighty Orbots (United Artists)
9:00 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Orion; Mattel)
9:30 The Transformers (Nelvana/Hasbro; TriStar Television)
10:00 GI Joe: A Real American Hero (Nelvana/Hasbro; TriStar Television)
10:30 Inspector Gadget (DiC Audiovisuel)
11:00 Speed Racer (Warner Bros. Television)
11:30 Astro Boy (Grantray-Lawrence; 20th Century-Fox Television)
12:00 Challenge of the GoBots (Hanna-Barbera)

The Terminator (1984 Film)
The Terminator
0*wds5q3g_qO21hxvs

Released by Hemdale Film Corporation on September 21, 1984.

Directed by
James Cameron

Written and Produced by
James Cameron
Gale Anne Hurd

Music by
Brad Fiedel

Select Cast
Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator
Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese
Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor
Paul Winfield as Ed Traxler
Lance Henriksen as Vukovich
Earl Boen as Dr. Silberman
Bess Motta as Ginger
Rick Rossovich as Matt​

PNWKing

Banned
So there's an interesting bit of news in here in that CBS has started its own animation studio under the name Screen Gems. Why is this just randomly dropped in a cartoon update?

1: If The Get Along Gang is made by Nelvana ITTL, does this mean that the show becomes as good as its pilot? At least in terms of the animation quality?
2: Why the heck does Screen Gems have so many shows on CBS this year?
3: We've seen SBC get mentioned in posts like these, but how's the network holding up aside from Saturday Mornings?
4: Should we expect a Terminator cartoon, a la the Rambo and Police Academy cartoons from OTL?

1: If The Get Along Gang is made by Nelvana ITTL, does this mean that the show becomes as good as its pilot? At least in terms of the animation quality?
2: Why the heck does Screen Gems have so many shows on CBS this year?
3: We've seen SBC get mentioned in posts like these, but how's the network holding up aside from Saturday Mornings?
4: Should we expect a Terminator cartoon, a la the Rambo and Police Academy cartoons from OTL?

Screen Gems is Columbia's new in-house cartoon studio.

The big thing that SBC has going for them has been hockey on Wednesday nights. Plus the Disney anthology series on Sunday nights.

Screen Gems is Columbia's new in-house cartoon studio.

The big thing that SBC has going for them has been hockey on Wednesday nights. Plus the Disney anthology series on Sunday nights.
So, I take it that Screen Gems has been rebooted as both an animation studio AND a television company, mixing the best of both eras together?

A good duo of ratings giants, as far as I'm concerned.

And what about the other two questions? Do you have answers for those?

PNWKing

Banned
In terms of Iron Man, I feel like Kurt Russell, Michael Biehn, Harrison Ford, and bizarrely Alec Baldwin would all be good choices.

I think my short list for Tony Stark/Iron Man would be Alec Baldwin & Burt Reynolds.
Michael Keaton is just too perfect as Batman unless we find someone just as good.

I think my short list for Tony Stark/Iron Man would be Alec Baldwin & Burt Reynolds.
Michael Keaton is just too perfect as Batman unless we find someone just as good.
Y'know, I used Michael Keaton as my idea because he'd still play a prestigious superhero, but upon thinking it over, and considering the OTL roles Alec and Burt chose, I like them better than Keaton in the role.