As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Life of Brian, I presume...

Percy Rodrigues
(Announcer on the OTL trailer)
"This is Monty Python's all new Life of Brian...He wasn't the messiah. He was a very naughty boy!"

5SFnczs.png

Screenshot from TTL's trailer.

Rome-0 and Julie-8 (1979 Film)
Rome-0 and Julie-8
Romie0%2Band%2BJulie8%2Brobo%2Bromance.jpg

Released on July 13 1979.

Distributor
The Samuel Goldwyn Company

Production Company
Nelvana

Directed by
Wolfgang Reitherman
Zack Dillinger

Produced by
Clive A. Smith
Michael Hirsh
Patrick Loubert

Songs by
John Sebastian

Musical Score by
Patricia Cullen

Voices
Freddie Starr as Rome-0
Sandy Duncan as Julie-8
Max Ferguson as Mr. Thunderbottom
Marie Aloma as Ms. Passbinder
Bill Osler as the Junk Monster
Nick Nichols as Gizmo​

I agree.

Nothing in The Muppet Movie is different from OTL, but it was released under Touchstone as a test run.

As Universal acquires the rights, I am not entirely sure what would be a good year to release the first installment. Might not be till Peter Jackson comes along...unless there was a way LOTR could be done without CGI.

Not really. This will be a new incarnation of Republic with little to no connection to the old.
Well, the Disney VHS library was how I got into loving the company so much.

If that's the case, I hope Eisner, Hanna, Barbera, and Henson don't pluck the more popular family films from the Touchstone name like Disney did to Roger Rabbit and TNBC IOTL.

I'd say either 1999 or 2000 would be a good year for LOTR. Sure, the CGI might look a lot more dated compared to OTL, but why mess with the perfection that is Peter Jackson's crowning achievement? And plus, even if it did take twenty years from getting the rights to raking the cash, at least it's still shorter than OTL's release of The Thief and the Cobbler.

Ouch. So, in essence, they just bought the library for the name it's attached to, and nothing else? For all intents and purposes, let's hope that the new Republic Pictures actually puts out stuff that rivals the old Republic Pictures in terms of popularity!

I'd say either 1999 or 2000 would be a good year for LOTR. Sure, the CGI might look a lot more dated compared to OTL, but why mess with the perfection that is Peter Jackson's crowning achievement?
It depends on who does the CGI and how much they put into it. Jurassic Park was made in 1993 and IMO I think the CGI still holds to this day.

Rome-0 and Julie-8
Romie0%2Band%2BJulie8%2Brobo%2Bromance.jpg

Released on July 13 1979.

Distributor
The Samuel Goldwyn Company

Production Company
Nelvana

Directed by
Wolfgang Reitherman
Zack Dillinger

Produced by
Clive A. Smith
Michael Hirsh
Patrick Loubert

Songs by
John Sebastian

Musical Score by
Patricia Cullen

Voices
Freddie Starr as Rome-0
Sandy Duncan as Julie-8
Max Ferguson as Mr. Thunderbottom
Marie Aloma as Ms. Passbinder
Bill Osler as the Junk Monster
Nick Nichols as Gizmo​
That is good but when are we going to get to Brian

PNWKing

Banned

Just some food for thought. I feel like The Little Prince can go to CMJ, A Wrinkle in Time can go to Famous, Sherlock Holmes can go to Nelvana, The Velveteen Rabbit can go to Danjaq/Williams, The Shadow can go to Hanna-Barbera, Tom Swift can go to Danjaq/Williams, and Lone Ranger can go to Disney.

Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979 Film)
Monty Python's Life of Brian
1605320-3x2-xlarge.jpg

Released on August 17, 1979

Distributor
Buena Vista Distribution Co, Inc. (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand)
Cinema International Corporation (UK)

Production Companies
Python (Monty) Pictures, Ltd.
Handmade Films
Hyperion Pictures

Directed by
Terry Jones

Written and performed by
Terry Jones
Terry Gilliam
Graham Chapman
John Cleese
Eric Idle
Michael Palin

Also featuring
Spike Milligan
Neil Innes
Terence Bayler
Gwen Taylor
George Harrison
Kenneth Coley
Carol Cleveland
Sue Jones-Davies
John Young

Life of Brian was famously banned in the Republic of Ireland. Such a ban triggered a recall vote that led to Charles Haughey's abrupt ouster as Taoiseach.​

does anybody like the idea of butterflying philp k dicks 1982 death and have the unmade movie verison of his novel ubik be realsed

Just some food for thought. I feel like The Little Prince can go to CMJ, A Wrinkle in Time can go to Famous, Sherlock Holmes can go to Nelvana, The Velveteen Rabbit can go to Danjaq/Williams, The Shadow can go to Hanna-Barbera, Tom Swift can go to Danjaq/Williams, and Lone Ranger can go to Disney.
Honestly, if it were up to me, those adaptations would get added into the pipeline immediately. On the other hand, I am not responsible for this timeline.

PNWKing

Banned
Potential directors for Captain America: Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola, Tim Burton, Sam Raimi, Ridley Scott, and Norman Jewison.

As the Walt Disney Telecommunications and Non-Theatrical Company finally makes the leap into VHS, Beta, VHD and SelectaVision, here's a prototype for the Fox label with two naming options. Not sure which one rolls off the tongue better though.
KRikz35.png

PNWKing

Banned
Fox Video.
1. What movie has been the highest grossing of 1979 so far?
2. What is Warner/Magnetic's top selling title?
3. Has Pinwheel (Nickelodeon) launched yet, and if so who is it owned by?

Fox Video.
1. What movie has been the highest grossing of 1979 so far?
2. What is Warner/Magnetic's top selling title?
3. Has Pinwheel (Nickelodeon) launched yet, and if so who is it owned by?

1. Nessie 2 and Xenomorph tied for #1.
2. Dirty Harry.
3. Yes it has launched. It is owned by Warner Amex but they might sell it later on.