As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

As the Walt Disney Telecommunications and Non-Theatrical Company finally makes the leap into VHS, Beta, VHD and SelectaVision, here's a prototype for the Fox label with two naming options. Not sure which one rolls off the tongue better though.
KRikz35.png
I think Fox Video is a better name for the division. That, and it leaves the Home _______ division name to Disney's own movies.

I think that Warner Bros. should keep Nickelodeon for a long-term future. I mean, now that they have their own animation division, on account of buying Avery-Clampett, they might need some place to hatch their new content for kids. Sure, the Nicktoons would most likely either need to move to another channel or even be butterflied away, but compared to having the first kids network house new WB Animation content, I'd say that would be a relative net gain.

I think Fox Video is a better name for the division. That, and it leaves the Home _______ division name to Disney's own movies.

I think that Warner Bros. should keep Nickelodeon for a long-term future. I mean, now that they have their own animation division, on account of buying Avery-Clampett, they might need some place to hatch their new content for kids. Sure, the Nicktoons would most likely either need to move to another channel or even be butterflied away, but compared to having the first kids network house new WB Animation content, I'd say that would be a relative net gain.
And Cartoon Network probably goes to whoever buys Hanna-Barbera(Turner seems most likely). Maybe Turner could merge with someone other than Warner or even stay independent?

And Cartoon Network probably goes to whoever buys Hanna-Barbera(Turner seems most likely). Maybe Turner could merge with someone other than Warner or even stay independent?
Since Disney acquired Fox and used them and Grantray-Lawrence to dub multiple anime, I think that they don't need to acquire DiC Entertainment ITTL. And if Warner Bros were to own Nickelodeon ITTL...

How about we see the company that purchases the HB and Ruby-Spears libraries ITTL acquire DiC Entertainment as well, so as to beef up the Cartoon Network library even further, while also having more than one active animation studio to supply their creative juices?

Now, I'm not saying that Turner buying them is a lock, given how far the purchase is from this point ITTL, in addition to the Henson partnership that they have.

On the other hand, I will say that having Inspector Gadget unite with Scooby-Doo is an intriguing match-up to say the least.

I am still polling for Turner to own UA, MGM, HB, and maybe another animation studio by the start of the 90s so Cartoon Network can launch with massive and diverse cartoon library.

The Sixth Sense (1979 Film)
The Sixth Sense
adam-west.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on August 3, 1979.

Directed by
John Carpenter

Based on the book by
Stephen King

Select Cast
Adam West as Malcolm Crowe
Henry Thomas (Debut role) as Cole Sear
Hayley Mills as Lynn Sear
Helen Shaver as Anna Crowe
Robby Benson as Vincent Grey
Brooke Shields as Kyra Collins

Plot synopsis from the film's Google results:
Young Cole Sear is haunted by a dark secret: he is visited by ghosts. Cole is frightened by visitations from those with unresolved problems who appear from the shadows. He is too afraid to tell anyone about his anguish, except his new stepfather, a struggling horror writer named Malcolm Crowe. As Crowe tries to uncover the truth about Cole's supernatural abilities, the consequences for both are a jolt that awakens them both to something unexplainable.

The Sixth Sense
opened to a modest box office gross and mixed reviews. It would become a bigger hit on home video and cable.​

The Sixth Sense
adam-west.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on August 3, 1979.

Directed by
John Carpenter

Based on the book by
Stephen King

Select Cast
Adam West as Malcolm Crowe
Henry Thomas (Debut role) as Cole Sear
Hayley Mills as Lynn Sear
Helen Shaver as Anna Crowe
Robby Benson as Vincent Grey
Brooke Shields as Kyra Collins

Plot synopsis from the film's Google results:
Young Cole Sear is haunted by a dark secret: he is visited by ghosts. Cole is frightened by visitations from those with unresolved problems who appear from the shadows. He is too afraid to tell anyone about his anguish, except his new stepfather, a struggling horror writer named Malcolm Crowe. As Crowe tries to uncover the truth about Cole's supernatural abilities, the consequences for both are a jolt that awakens them both to something unexplainable.

The Sixth Sense
opened to a modest box office gross and mixed reviews. It would become a bigger hit on home video and cable.​
Good work so does that mean ghostbusters will be made earlier ITTL

I'd forgotten about Hayley Mills when I suggested Barrie Youngfellow as Lynn--I've been watching It's A Living on Logo and Youngfellow played Jan on the show...

It does make sense, though--Hayley Mills did appear in many Disney films (like the original Parent Trap), and she is the right age to play Lynn...

I hope that metromedia grows into a major media conglomerate. You orignally mentioned something to me about Metromedia buying DIC Saban and the Samuel goldown commpany . Is that plan still in play for the future or has it been scapred. I too alternate ideas for gorwing metromedia. option one have metromedia boyout westinghouse shares of sbc in 1983 MTV Networks in 1985 (This would give them control of Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1 and The Movie Channel ) and grand diamond in the ealry 90's. Option 2 have metromedia buyout westingohous shares of sbc have taff sell hanbara and share of touh stone to henson and have henson sell to metormedia in the 90s.

1979-80 Saturday Morning Schedule
Go for it.
Okay. Here goes nothing.

ABC:
8:00: Bert and Ernie(Hanna-Barbera/Henson Associates)
8:30: Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo(Hanna-Barbera)
9:00: Casper and the Angels(Walt Disney Television)
9:30: The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show(Ruby Spears)
11:30: The World's Greatest Super Friends(Hanna-Barbera)
12:30: Maya the Bee(Grantray-Lawrence/20th Century Fox Television)
1:00: The Secrets of Akko-Chan(Grantray-Lawrence/20th Century Fox Television)
1:30: ABC Weekend Special(Various Companies)

CBS:
8:00: The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show(Warner Bros. Television)
9:30: The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle(Filmation)
10:30: Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids(Filmation)
11:00: The All-New Popeye Hour(Hanna-Barbera)
12:00: 30 Minutes(CBS News Productions)
12:30: Jason of Star Command(Filmation; Live Action)
1:00: Tarzan and the Super 7(Filmation; Live Action)

NBC:
8:00: The Jetsons(reruns)
8:30: Jonny Quest(reruns)
9:00: Fred and Barney Meet the Thing(Hanna-Barbera)
10:00: The New Shmoo(Hanna-Barbera)
10:30: Saturday Morning Retriever(Jay Ward Productions)
11:00: The Super Globetrotters(Hanna-Barbera)
11:30: Daffy Duck(Warner Bros. Television)
12:00: Godzilla(reruns)
12:30: The New Adventures of Flash Gordon(Filmation)
1:00: Honeybee Hutch(Warner Bros. Animation)
1:30: Local Programming

SBC:
9:00: The Underdog Show(reruns)
9:30: The Alvin Show(reruns)
10:00: Thomas and Tamagon(Famous Studios)
10:30: The Moomins(1972 anime)(Hanna-Barbera)
11:00: The Land of Ronald McDonald(Sid and Marty Krofft Television)
11:30: Pink Floyd: The Animated Series(Rankin-Bass)
12:00: Local Programming
12:30: Local Programming

And, for the more "out there" selections, here's what they are and why they were made in the way they were.

-The Land of Ronald McDonald was made as the result of a peace between McDonalds and the Krofft brothers, where the people who brought you H.R. Pufinstuf would make a new Saturday morning program to promote the McDonalds menu. In essence, it's TTL's version of the iconic commercials that used to play between the shows.
-Maya the Bee is the newest Fox anime dub of the lot. This is due to both the timing of the anime's production history, as well as the fact that it fits right at home with the Disney cartoon characters more often than not.
-Honeybee Hutch would be placed directly after Maya's timeslot as a counterintuitive plan to get kids to watch NBC. It was made by Warner Bros. Animation because Disney can't be the only man in the anime dubbing business at this point.
-Likewise, The Moomins and Thomas and Tamagon were made to be Hanna-Barbera's and Famous Studios's anime dubbing debuts, respectively. To be exact, Moomins was made by HB so they can learn how to do wholesome projects with simple designs, while Thomas and Tamagon is essentially an earlier version of Tic Tac Toons from OTL's Saban Entertainment, but with the studio behind Woody Woodpecker instead of the folks behind Power Rangers.
-Somehow, Saturday Morning Retriever got a second season. Then again, disco did hit its peak in 1979.
-On the other side of the popular music spectrum, Pink Floyd got an animated series. Why by Rankin-Bass? Because ThunderCats can't be their only non-holiday special hit, whether ITTL or IOTL.
-On ABC, both Bert and Ernie and The Secrets of Akko-Chan would continue for another season from their respective studios. This would prove to be a very good thing for ABC, as those two shows have proven to be great hits for the lineup.

How did I do, @OldNavy1988?

Okay. Here goes nothing.

ABC:
8:00: Bert and Ernie(Hanna-Barbera/Henson Associates)
8:30: Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo(Hanna-Barbera)
9:00: Casper and the Angels(Walt Disney Television)
9:30: The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show(Ruby Spears)
11:30: The World's Greatest Super Friends(Hanna-Barbera)
12:30: Maya the Bee(Grantray-Lawrence/20th Century Fox Television)
1:00: The Secrets of Akko-Chan(Grantray-Lawrence/20th Century Fox Television)
1:30: ABC Weekend Special(Various Companies)

CBS:
8:00: The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show(Warner Bros. Television)
9:30: The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle(Filmation)
10:30: Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids(Filmation)
11:00: The All-New Popeye Hour(Hanna-Barbera)
12:00: 30 Minutes(CBS News Productions)
12:30: Jason of Star Command(Filmation; Live Action)
1:00: Tarzan and the Super 7(Filmation; Live Action)

NBC:
8:00: The Jetsons(reruns)
8:30: Jonny Quest(reruns)
9:00: Fred and Barney Meet the Thing(Hanna-Barbera)
10:00: The New Shmoo(Hanna-Barbera)
10:30: Saturday Morning Retriever(Jay Ward Productions)
11:00: The Super Globetrotters(Hanna-Barbera)
11:30: Daffy Duck(Warner Bros. Television)
12:00: Godzilla(reruns)
12:30: The New Adventures of Flash Gordon(Filmation)
1:00: Honeybee Hutch(Warner Bros. Animation)
1:30: Local Programming

SBC:
9:00: The Underdog Show(reruns)
9:30: The Alvin Show(reruns)
10:00: Thomas and Tamagon(Famous Studios)
10:30: The Moomins(1972 anime)(Hanna-Barbera)
11:00: The Land of Ronald McDonald(Sid and Marty Krofft Television)
11:30: Pink Floyd: The Animated Series(Rankin-Bass)
12:00: Local Programming
12:30: Local Programming

And, for the more "out there" selections, here's what they are and why they were made in the way they were.

-The Land of Ronald McDonald was made as the result of a peace between McDonalds and the Krofft brothers, where the people who brought you H.R. Pufinstuf would make a new Saturday morning program to promote the McDonalds menu. In essence, it's TTL's version of the iconic commercials that used to play between the shows.
-Maya the Bee is the newest Fox anime dub of the lot. This is due to both the timing of the anime's production history, as well as the fact that it fits right at home with the Disney cartoon characters more often than not.
-Honeybee Hutch would be placed directly after Maya's timeslot as a counterintuitive plan to get kids to watch NBC. It was made by Warner Bros. Animation because Disney can't be the only man in the anime dubbing business at this point.
-Likewise, The Moomins and Thomas and Tamagon were made to be Hanna-Barbera's and Famous Studios's anime dubbing debuts, respectively. To be exact, Moomins was made by HB so they can learn how to do wholesome projects with simple designs, while Thomas and Tamagon is essentially an earlier version of Tic Tac Toons from OTL's Saban Entertainment, but with the studio behind Woody Woodpecker instead of the folks behind Power Rangers.
-Somehow, Saturday Morning Retriever got a second season. Then again, disco did hit its peak in 1979.
-On the other side of the popular music spectrum, Pink Floyd got an animated series. Why by Rankin-Bass? Because ThunderCats can't be their only non-holiday special hit, whether ITTL or IOTL.
-On ABC, both Bert and Ernie and The Secrets of Akko-Chan would continue for another season from their respective studios. This would prove to be a very good thing for ABC, as those two shows have proven to be great hits for the lineup.

How did I do, @OldNavy1988?
Why are you taking over @oldnavy1988’s job