Warner Bros Movie World
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Herman's Head
Universal Monsters 2
The Fifth Element
Green Lantern 2
Rise of the Sith
Titanic

Plus periodic updates on the John K trial.

Anything I am missing?

Unless you want to add my Ghostbusters idea, which I'm no longer sure might fit in this year, TBH, then you've basically got the entire year covered movie-wise. Wonder what's on the tube at the moment.

Feiss v. ABC (1997)
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Los Angeles county judge rules in favor of Cow and Chicken creator David Feiss. Last fall, ABC moved the show to a late night timeslot on its cable cousin XYZ after a few complaints over the show's edgier content. ABC claimed its decision was in response to a parental revolt over a growing number of cartoons with low brow "toilet humor," which came to a head when Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi fell from grace. Kricfalusi and Feiss briefly worked together at Trump Manhattan in the late 80's. The judge presiding over Feiss's case ruled that ABC acted in bad faith, and with cynical motives, to scapegoat Feiss for his previous ties with the disgraced Kricfalusi. Feiss says he has not spoken to Kricfalusi since the scandal broke out.

The Associated Press
February 12, 1997

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Los Angeles county judge rules in favor of Cow and Chicken creator David Feiss. Last fall, ABC moved the show to a late night timeslot its cable cousin XYZ after a few complaints over the show's edgier content. ABC claimed its decision was in response to a parental revolt over a growing number of cartoons with low brow "toilet humor," which came to a head when Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi fell from grace. Kricfalusi and Feiss briefly worked together at Trump Manhattan in the late 80's. The judge presiding over Feiss's case ruled that ABC acted in bad faith, and with cynical motives, to scapegoat Feiss for his previous ties with the disgraced Kricfalusi. Feiss says he has not spoken to Kricfalusi since the scandal broke out.

February 12, 1997

Good for Feiss. With publicity like this CN would be happy to scoop up Cow and Chicken for their own network. Might actually be a bigger hit ITTL after the trial. Especially among older audiences who'll understand what's going on more.

This leaves Nick in yet another unfortunate state, but at least they still have the hope of Antonucci, Hartman, Schauer and with a bit of luck Germain and Ansolabehere to keep them above water.

Last edited:
Good for Feiss. With publicity like this CN would be happy to scoop up Cow and Chicken for their own network. Might actually be a bigger hit ITTL after the trial. Especially among older audiences who'll understand what's going on more.

This leaves Nick in yet another unfortunate state, but at least they still have the hope of Antonucci, Hartman, Schauer and with a bit of luck Germain and Ansolabehere to keep them above water.

Schauer?

I just hope that Fifth Element and Good Will Hunting still get made this year in spite of all the changes to the timeline.

Also, two thoughts. Since MJ hasn't been brought to task for the Chandlers' greed yet, maybe instead we can replace him with Bill Cosby? 2nd thought, about the Beetleborgs movie. How about making it more like in space. Darker and with a bittersweet ending where Flabber and the monsters sacrifice themselves to save the world, leaving the kids without their powers and to continue their normal lives. It'd be kind of a ''coming of age'' movie. Symbolising the end of their childhoods and the beginning of their adolescences. All in all, I'm hoping that when people ITTL Jeeves the Cosby trial, they won't even consider MJ to be any kind of monster.

Also, maybe it's a bad idea to suggest this, but Herman's head could be the perfect opportunity for Disney to experiment with their first ever fully CGI flick. Maybe stick it under the Hyperion label to be on the safe side?

Last edited:
Man, it's sad nowadays to know that some of the people you used to admire turned out to be horrible persons (John k, watsuki, nostalgia critic, etc.).

Anyways, any news concerning mortal kombat 2? Considering the original ITTL was not only a better film, but much better received critically and financially, a sequel seems inevitable. Though we'd have to create an entirely new movie to replace that crapfest anniilation :tiredface:

However, since it will have shao khan and the outworld, I wonder if tsui hark would be able to pull off the more fatasy-based elements of MK.

As for the story, I dunno. I only have vague ideas about shao Khan, baraka and their cronies attacking the shaolin temple, the heroes going to outworld, Liu kang meeting kung lao, who would be, like , a rogue monk who's not afraid to kill, essentially becoming rivals with the more traditional Liu kang. Other than that, I have no idea.

Man, it's sad nowadays to know that some of the people you used to admire turned out to be horrible persons (John k, watsuki, nostalgia critic, etc.).

Anyways, any news concerning mortal kombat 2? Considering the original ITTL was not only a better film, but much better received critically and financially, a sequel seems inevitable. Though we'd have to create an entirely new movie to replace that crapfest anniilation :tiredface:

However, since it will have shao khan and the outworld, I wonder if tsui hark would be able to pull off the more fatasy-based elements of MK.

As for the story, I dunno. I only have vague ideas about shao Khan, baraka and their cronies attacking the shaolin temple, the heroes going to outworld, Liu kang meeting kung lao, who would be, like , a rogue monk who's not afraid to kill, essentially becoming rivals with the more traditional Liu kang. Other than that, I have no idea.

If there IS a new MK movie in 1997, It'd probably come out around the same the same time as MK4 as a promotional thing. In that case, it'd probably feature appearances by the one-off characters appearing in that game, as well as giving big roles to it's two most important newcomers, Shinnock and Meat. :winkytongue:

Also, going way back to @tornadobusdriver 's comment about Mistress Masham's Repose being made into a Disney Flick, I say, make it so! One could always butterfly Emperor's New Groove to make it happen. The same way we could Butterfly Dinosaurs.

Last edited:
If there IS a new MK movie in 1997, It'd probably come out around the same the same time as MK4 as a promotional thing. In that case, it'd probably feature appearances by the one-off characters appearing in that game, as well as giving big roles to it's two most important newcomers, Shinnock and Meat. :winkytongue:

Well, I guess Quan chi can be shao Khan's new right-hand Man after he dismissed shang tsung for his failures. Maybe have the heroes meet old man shang tsung, who is raving like a madman on Quan chi being a traitor, but nobody listens to him. Maybe have Quan chi set the plan to invade earthrealm in motion? (Of course, we'll keep the earthrealm invasion for MK3)

I can imagine Fujin be in a scene where raiden and the elder gods meet each other to talk about going to outworld to punish shao khan for disobeying the one sacred rule of invading the realms without winning the tournament first.

As for Scorpion, have him realize that his revenge was pointless, and have him antagonize the younger sub-zero first, but, upon seeing that this sub-zero has more honor than the elder, he changes his mind and actually helps him when fighting noob saibot.

Hey, I forgot to say. I had jax compete in the MK1 tournament alongside sonya, cause yknow, they're best friends and everything, and have goro rip his arms off. Like that, he can be in MK2 with his robotic arms.

As for the attack on the shaolin temple, you can have Johnny cage and the monks try to hold off baraka and the outworld army, allowing the others time to escape. The fate of Johnny cage along with infiltrating outworld and defeat shao khan can be the plot of the movie.

Oh yeah and don't forget Superman 97 and the Dynamic Duo are also coming out.

Might I suggest John Badham direct Superman '97?

IOTL, his directing career was destroyed by the disastrous failure of Nick of Time in 1995. I think he'd be a perfect director for Superman (since he makes very entertaining films but doesn't have too much of a directorial style, and he's done action films before like Point of No Return) and it's better to have his distinguished career go out with a bang than a whimper.

Oh yeah and don't forget Superman 97 and the Dynamic Duo are also coming out.

Yeah, about that. Do we know who's going to be playing a certain ''Boy Wonder'' for this film? Joseph Gordon-Levitt perhaps could fill the role in a Nightwing-esc Robin costume?

Also, another idea for Nick. Anyone else remember that series of shorts by Rob Renzetti, ''Mina and the Count?'' It'd be great if Nick could greenlight that for a few series' ITTL.

Last edited:
Might I suggest John Badham direct Superman '97?

IOTL, his directing career was destroyed by the disastrous failure of Nick of Time in 1995. I think he'd be a perfect director for Superman (since he makes very entertaining films but doesn't have too much of a directorial style, and he's done action films before like Point of No Return) and it's better to have his distinguished career go out with a bang than a whimper.

I second this.

As for Green Lantern 2, I don't see how GwenGate would affect the production too much as the whole "Women in Refrigerators" trope started with Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern and not Hal Jordan. Similarly, methinks that "Emerald Twilight" would be butterflied away as using Hal Jordan in the film would give A-A no reason to replace him. The worst that would probably happen is that the Zamarons brainwash Carol Ferris into becoming the Star Sapphire like in the Silver Age comics.

For a little comic book history, the Guardians of the Universe, Controllers, and Zamarons were all off-shoots of a race originating from Malthus OTL. Where the Guardians devoted their immortal existences to contain evil, the Controllers sought to destroy evil. Meanwhile, the Zamarons split off from the Guardians in over the former's decision to suppress their emotions. Since the Controllers belong to National ITTL (as the race first appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes) perhaps the Zamarons can occupy the Controllers' niche. The overarching plot of Green Lantern 2 can be the Zamaron's setting up a rival corps in the Star Sapphires, however, its members enact vengeance on criminals since their benefactors embraced emotion and as such the Star Sapphire gems are more prone to controlling their users than the other way around. Thus the main conflict Hal would face would be Carol (who he wants to save from the Zamarons' influence) and the Guardians (who take a hardline stance against the Star Sapphires.)

As for the Controllers at National... methinks they would create the Darkstars as the company's ersatz version of the Green Lantern Corps.

March 1997 movies
Jungle 2 Jungle
68df2b33-1f8f-49de-9294-2585c3998cad.jpg

Released ITTL by Hanna-Barbera. The film is an Americanized version of a French film called Little Indian, Big City. Received mostly negative reviews upon its release.

Liar Liar
MV5BOTBkMzYxNTktMTZiZC00NTJlLTk0MWYtZmU0OGI4YmYyZjFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyNDQ2NjI@._V1_.jpg

Jim Carrey once again strikes comedy gold. Released ITTL by Hemdale.

Cats Don't Dance
maxresdefault.jpg

Produced by Film Roman and released by United Artists ITTL. Runs mostly the same as OTL, but received better reviews.​

Love the movie lineup, Navy. Hope we can hear a bit about the Beetleborgs movie before we move on to April though. Just to see what we get instead.

After nine consecutive months of sagging ratings, Nickelodeon bounces back with The Angry Beavers.​

Looks like Nick has their first post-scandal hit! Here's to many more, as something tells me that by the end of the decade, the competition is going to look pretty darn Spooty. :p

I personally think that the first Mortal Kombat movie doesn't need much fixing. It's the awful sequel Annihilation that really needs fixing. I've actually got a few ideas for fixing that movie.
  • Have Johnny Cage still fight Shao Khan in the beginning. Not because he has anything to prove, but to give Lu Kang and Sonya time to escape.
  • Either Scorpion or Sub-Zero II becomes the third member of the party. I like Scorpion doing it a little more. He'd both be grateful to have been freed from Shang Tsung's control and see Johnny Cage as a worthy adversary. And he'd then be both saddened and infuriated that Shao Khan killed him before they could have a rematch.
  • Needless to say I wouldn't include that bullshit about Raiden and Shao Kan being brothers. Or recast Raiden.
  • The first movie translated the game's costumes in a way that made them more realistic. The sequel adapted them directly at the cost of looking stupid. I'd make TTL's "Mortal Kombat II" approach costumes more like the first movie.
  • And the biggest thing I'd change is not including so many pointless characters from the games. We need to save some for a hypothetical third movie, after all.

I still think that these changes could salvage Annihilation.

220px-USA_Network_logo_1980.svg.png

USA NETWORK GROUP SHAREHOLDER'S MEETING
APRIL 10, 1997
DOUBLETREE HOTEL
TUCSON, ARIZONA

ITTL, Nickelodeon, along with VH1, is part of the USA Network Group, which is co-owned by Paramount Communications and MCA, who also co-own UPN.

latest

PETER SCHNEIDER (VP of Nickelodeon):
"The Angry Beavers has proven to be an instant hit. But frankly, we still have a lot of work to do to improve Nickelodeon's image."

Margaret-Loesch.jpg

MARGARET LOESCH (CEO of Nickelodeon):
"I must echo Peter's sentiments here. We need everyone at the network to develop ideas for us to change the minds of parents refusing to let their kids watch our network in the wake of the John K scandal. And with that, let's open up the floor for Q&A."

SHAREHOLDER:
"Yeah uh...about that...do you guys plan to sever ties with Trump Manhattan?"

LOESCH:
"Right now, we have reached out to Trump himself to discuss the future of our partnership, but he has not returned our calls."​

220px-USA_Network_logo_1980.svg.png

USA NETWORK GROUP SHAREHOLDER'S MEETING
APRIL 10, 1997
DOUBLETREE HOTEL
TUCSON, ARIZONA

ITTL, Nickelodeon, along with VH1, is part of the USA Network Group, which is co-owned by Paramount Communications and MCA, who also co-own UPN.

latest

PETER SCHNEIDER (VP of Nickelodeon):
"The Angry Beavers has proven to be an instant hit. But frankly, we still have a lot of work to do to improve Nickelodeon's image."

Margaret-Loesch.jpg

MARGARET LOESCH (CEO of Nickelodeon):
"I must echo Peter's sentiments here. We need everyone at the network to develop ideas for us to change the minds of parents refusing to let their kids watch our network in the wake of the John K scandal. And with that, let's open up the floor for Q&A."

SHAREHOLDER:
"Yeah uh...about that...do you guys plan to sever ties with Trump Manhattan?"

LOESCH:
"Right now, we have reached out to Trump himself to discuss the future of our partnership, but he has not returned our calls."​

The Voices in their heads: Cut the partnership! You'll be better off alone, believe me! Also, keep an eye out for promising new creators that'll give you both the fluff and the grunge you need in order to survive. Just keep Rugrats going for a while longer and it'll tide you over till the new shows come in. Speaking of Rugrats, one of the creators who worked on it is waiting to see you with a new toon idea he's been pitching around and apparently, he's brought a friend. Also, word to the wise. Look out for a guy named Butch coming your way this year. If you see anything you like from him, greenlight it at once. Finally, keep your eyes peeled for a man who looks like a Canadian Jack Nicholson. He's going to save you from your fears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.