Status
Not open for further replies.
While a “skunk stripe” of white hair would be possible, I think it’d be for the best to not do the full beehive hairdo of the original Bride. What was good in the 30’s looks absurd today. Otherwise, the only makeup she’d need would be to give her pale skin and subtle stitches on places like her wrists.

Besides the haircut, does the story need any major overhauling?

Ok. I wanted to leave this off for a while, but now, I feel I need to share my idea. ITTL, Next year in 97, two animators will pitch cartoon ideas to Nickelodeon. Their names are Steven Hillenburg and Danny Antonucci. IOTL, Antonucci was put off from giving his idea to nick, given that they would have full creative control over his idea, while Hillenberg successfully pitched his to Nick executives and impressed them so much with the Hawaiian theme he put on that his pitch was referred to in interviews as ''amazing''. Two years later, both Antonucci and Hillenberg would see their ideas come to life, but on separate networks.

My idea to lessen the impact of the John K scandal is this. What if Nick decided NOT to interfere with Antonucci's work and gave him the vast majority of control over his project, with Nick simply sending in a few of their writers to pitch in and help out when wanted or needed. It Occurs to me that, aside from the bet that he couldn't make a cartoon for kids that gave birth to Ed, Edd n' Eddy, that Danny would want to show the world that edgy and groundbreaking animation still had a place in the world without K, especially for younger viewers. Something as unique and unusual as The Eds and their show could showcase that. And of course, it makes perfect sense to do it on Nick. In a way, it's sort of a ''Healing Process'' for the network, as Nick would want people to forget about this and be able to move forward. In the meantime, let's say Steven's little pitch gets him laughed out of the room, he quits and heads over to CN, taking Spongebob with him. Wanting to move away from the edge of the 90s following the John K Incident, they bring the guy onboard and give him his own production crew. With animation now being scrutinised by ''Moral Guardians'' as it were, it makes perfect sense that Cartoon Network would want to protect their image, as it were. And something as lighthearted and marketable as Spongebob would do great for their corporate image.

For both men, it means gainful employment and the possibility of gaining influence in their respective companies.

In the end, this idea all hinges on one question. How much differently would these two networks treat these two swapped shows and how would they fare under their control?

I'll figure out a way with those shows. The next question is what to do with the projects being pitched by Chris Savino and Obie Scott Wade. Since both men worked w/ John K at Trump Manhattan and bailed before the chase, would Savino and Wade be kept under a tighter leash?

Besides the haircut, does the story need any major overhauling?

I'll figure out a way with those shows. The next question is what to do with the projects being pitched by Chris Savino and Obie Scott Wade. Since both men worked w/ John K at Trump Manhattan and bailed before the chase, would Savino and Wade be kept under a tighter leash?

Oh, I'd like to think Chris would. No, really. I would love to think he would! I was a huge fan of The Loud House before this all started, and the scandal pretty much put a damper on everything. As for Wade, as long as he plays his cards right, I'll think he'll be fine. In fact, I think a certain Orange network could use some Superhero Stylings. ;)

Last edited:
UPN
This year, UPN headlines its Saturday Morning lineup with Power Rangers Turbo.
hqdefault.jpg

I wonder if Power Rangers Turbo will end up nearly killing the show as it did OTL (although it could lead to the beloved In Space.)

THE HUB
8:00 Fievel's American Tails (reruns)
8:30 Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
9:00 Adventures of Oliver Twist
9:30 Zombie High
10:00 Megaman
10:30 Bailey Kipper's POV
11:00 Secrets of the Cryptkeeper's Haunted House
11:30 Skysurfer Strike Force
12:00 Samurai Pizza Cats

In regards to Megaman, is it in the anime-like style shown in that video? (As I could see Ruby-Spears outsourcing the animation to a Japanese studio like TMS or Toei.) In that same vein, who will be voicing the characters? My suggestion would be to raid the OTL Digimon cast so I'm thinking...

Mona Marshall as Rock/Megaman
Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Roll
Dave Mallow as Doctor Thomas Light
Joshua Seth as Blues/Protoman (Who is pretty much the same as his video game counterpart.)
Derek Stephen Prince as Doctor Albert Wily
Michael Reisz as Bass (Who assumes the role Protoman played in the OTL series as Megaman's rival.)

Assuming the original Light numbers get reoccurring roles...

Robert Martin Klein as Cutman
Michael Sorich as Gutsman
Wendee Lee as Iceman
Robert Axelrod as Bombman
Steve Blum as Fireman
Lex Lang as Elecman

And because everything is better with ninjas...

Kirk Thornton as Shadowman

I wonder if Power Rangers Turbo will end up nearly killing the show as it did OTL (although it could lead to the beloved In Space.)

Linkara once said that this show's production staff were rooting for two different tones for it. One wanted it to be darker and more epic while the other wanted it to be more lighthearted and comedic, like the sentai. The latter eventually won out, leading to Turbo nearly killing the franchise. It'd be great if ITTL, the former won instead. It might change the face of Power Rangers as we know it. Either way, I'd still keep the theme. Arguably the best thing about the show, IMO.

Oh, I'd like to think Chris would. No, really. I would love to think he would! I was a huge fan of The Loud House before this all started, and the scandel pretty much put a damper on everything. As for Wade, as long as he plays his cards right, I'll think he'll be fine. In fact, I think a certain Orange network could use some Superhero Stylings. ;)

Don't forget that Hanna-Barbera beat Nick to the punch for Hey Arnold, and Hemdale acquired Jumbo Pictures and took over Doug, so Nick will be desperate, and I mean TOTALLY FUCKING DESPERATE for a hit. Nick will most likely lay low until the smoke clears from Mr Kricfalusi's Wild Ride.

In regards to Megaman, is it in the anime-like style shown in that video? (As I could see Ruby-Spears outsourcing the animation to a Japanese studio like TMS or Toei.) In that same vein, who will be voicing the characters? My suggestion would be to raid the OTL Digimon cast so I'm thinking...

Mona Marshall as Rock/Megaman
Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Roll
Dave Mallow as Doctor Thomas Light
Joshua Seth as Blues/Protoman (Who is pretty much the same as his video game counterpart.)
Derek Stephen Prince as Doctor Albert Wily
Michael Reisz as Bass (Who assumes the role Protoman played in the OTL series as Megaman's rival.)

Assuming the original Light numbers get reoccurring roles...

Robert Martin Klein as Cutman
Michael Sorich as Gutsman
Wendee Lee as Iceman
Robert Axelrod as Bombman
Steve Blum as Fireman
Lex Lang as Elecman

And because everything is better with ninjas...

Kirk Thornton as Shadowman

You are correct. That is the cast.

@Pyro Hi. Long time no see.

Turbo will likely be toned down a tad because production began right when Disney was getting hammered by Gwen Gate.

Don't forget that Hanna-Barbera beat Nick to the punch for Hey Arnold, and Hemdale acquired Jumbo Pictures and took over Doug, so Nick will be desperate, and I mean TOTALLY FUCKING DESPERATE for a hit. Nick will most likely lay low until the smoke clears from Mr Kricfalusi's Wild Ride.

Christ, that's two of their best shows gone already! They really need Savino, Wade and Antonucci on their side, otherwise given all that's happened and NOT happened to them ITTL, I'm starting to seriously doubt if they'll survive to 2001.

I'm guessing Wild Thornberrys will go to a different network after this, which leads me to Klasky-Csupo; who owns them and where are most of their shows airing ITTL

I'm guessing Wild Thornberrys will go to a different network after this, which leads me to Klasky-Csupo; who owns them and where are most of their shows airing ITTL

That's all Nickelodeon Needs. More people jumping off a ship that's barely sinking. I honestly hope they decide to give Nick a chance and not look before they leap, otherwise RIP Nick.

Christ, that's two of their best shows gone already! They really need Savino, Wade and Antonucci on their side, otherwise given all that's happened and NOT happened to them ITTL, I'm starting to seriously doubt if they'll survive to 2001.

Basically, ITTL, Nickelodeon is in the same situation moneywise in the mid-late 90's as the companies below...

- Disney in the post-WWII period from the time Walt churned out "package features," until he managed to nurse the studio back to health with Cinderella in 1950.

- Universal from the final years of the Laemmle family's ownership of the studio, until the sale to MCA in the early 1960's.

- Paramount from Adolph Zukor and Jesse Lasky's departures until the studio was sold to Gulf+Western in 1966.

- Columbia Pictures from the time founder Harry Cohn passed away in 1958, all the way until the mid 70's. Things turned around for Columbia when they imported Monty Python and the Holy Grail to the US.

- 20th Century Fox from the mid-70's until the early 80's. Fox stayed afloat with the Planet of the Apes franchise plus Rocky Horror, Silver Streak and The Omen. Walt had beaten Fox to the punch for Star Wars, so for a while, things for Fox looked bleak, until MGM sold off the rights to Clash of the Titans to finance Heaven's Gate.

- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, from 1977 until 1983, was owned by Donald Trump. Under his watch, MGM sold off 15 films to other studios in order to finance Heaven's Gate. While Fox wound up picking up Clash of the Titans, Walt Disney was actually gifted Pink Floyd's The Wall. Trump afterwards sold MGM to Ted Turner. Since then, Turner has stacked the United Artists brand, which Ted bought from Transamerica before the first Rocky came out, while MGM has yet to recover.

- Warner Bros, after the Superman Fallout from 1979 until about 1982. Ted Ashley meddled with In the Night Kitchen and Where the Wild Things Are, both of which Chuck Jones directed, and essentially, broke the bond between the studio and the former Termite Terrace veteran, for good. Ted Ashley then clashed with Alex Salkind during the making of the failed Superman film from 1978. Christopher Reeve was reduced to cartoon voice acting, while Richard Donner redeemed himself with The Goonies and the Lethal Weapon franchise. Warner Communications then split up DC Comics in half and sold the two entities to CBS and Turner.

- Miramax in 1989 after the disastrous failure of Sex, Lies and Videotape. Because of Harvey Weinstein's iron fisted grip on the studio, the board of directors were forced to go behind his back to sell Miramax's assets to Dr Pepper and Kodak, who then merged Miramax with Grand Diamond. Roger Corman has since stayed on as Grand Diamond's CEO. As for Weinstein, he has since been divorced, lost custody of Harvey Jr (now 8), is now working as a cashier at a Taco Bell in the South Bronx.

Basically, ITTL, Nickelodeon is in the same situation moneywise in the mid-late 90's as the companies below...

- Disney in the post-WWII period from the time Walt churned out "package features," until he managed to nurse the studio back to health with Cinderella in 1950.

- Universal from the final years of the Laemmle family's ownership of the studio, until the sale to MCA in the early 1960's.

- Paramount from Adolph Zukor and Jesse Lasky's departures until the studio was sold to Gulf+Western in 1966.

- Columbia Pictures from the time founder Harry Cohn passed away in 1958, all the way until the mid 70's. Things turned around for Columbia when they imported Monty Python and the Holy Grail to the US.

- 20th Century Fox from the mid-70's until the early 80's. Fox stayed afloat with the Planet of the Apes franchise plus Rocky Horror, Silver Streak and The Omen. Walt had beaten Fox to the punch for Star Wars, so for a while, things for Fox looked bleak, until MGM sold off the rights to Clash of the Titans to finance Heaven's Gate.

- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, from 1977 until 1983, was owned by Donald Trump. Under his watch, MGM sold off 15 films to other studios in order to finance Heaven's Gate. While Fox wound up picking up Clash of the Titans, Walt Disney was actually gifted Pink Floyd's The Wall. Trump afterwards sold MGM to Ted Turner. Since then, Turner has stacked the United Artists brand, which Ted bought from Transamerica before the first Rocky came out, while MGM has yet to recover.

- Warner Bros, after the Superman Fallout from 1979 until about 1982. Ted Ashley meddled with In the Night Kitchen and Where the Wild Things Are, both of which Chuck Jones directed, and essentially, broke the bond between the studio and the former Termite Terrace veteran, for good. Ted Ashley then clashed with Alex Salkind during the making of the failed Superman film from 1978. Christopher Reeve was reduced to cartoon voice acting, while Richard Donner redeemed himself with The Goonies and the Lethal Weapon franchise. Warner Communications then split up DC Comics in half and sold the two entities to CBS and Turner.

- Miramax in 1989 after the disastrous failure of Sex, Lies and Videotape. Because of Harvey Weinstein's iron fisted grip on the studio, the board of directors were forced to go behind his back to sell Miramax's assets to Dr Pepper and Kodak, who then merged Miramax with Grand Diamond. Roger Corman has since stayed on as Grand Diamond's CEO. As for Weinstein, he has since been divorced, lost custody of Harvey Jr (now 8), is now working as a cashier at a Taco Bell in the South Bronx.

And just like those companies, Nick is in desperate need of an overhaul and quick. Taking risks, bringing in the relative unknowns and starving artists, taking up any unique and as of then, unheard of, ideas and generally doing anything they can do in terms of damage control. Right?

Entertainment News for August and September 1996
Entertainment News for August/September 1996

"John Kricfalusi & Eddie Fitzgerald, both formerly of Trump Manhattan Animation, have each been arraigned for their roles in the disappearance of a New Rochelle teenager earlier in the summer."
- The New York Times; August 1, 1996

"Nickelodeon is currently in talks with Disney creative officer Peter Schneider and NBC vice president Margaret Loesch to succeed Vanessa Coffey, who has resigned from the network citing disgust with the crimes of which Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi stands accused."
- Variety; August 5, 1996

"Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Lance Ito approves LA County district attorney's bid to reopen the case of a 1985 incident involving John Kricfalusi while he worked for Universal Pictures' Gemini cartoon division."
- The Los Angeles Times; August 14, 1996

"Trump Manhattan announces any royalties Kricfalusi or Fitzgerald would have otherwise earned from VHS and Laserdisc sales of The Ren and Stimpy Movie will instead be donated to charities committed to finding missing children."
- John Tesh; Entertainment Tonight; August 22, 1996

"Starting next month, ABC, which owns the North American rights to Sailor Moon, will modify episodes of the popular Japanese cartoon to make the show more appropriate for viewing by a younger audience. The show had been under fire from critics after parents raised objections to certain aspects of the show which anime fans argue are minor and insignificant."
- Jim Moret; CNN Showbiz Today; August 22, 1996

"NY judge sets a February 1997 court date to begin John Kricfalusi's trial."
- Variety; September 2, 1996

"Disney mourns the three year anniversary of Walt's death. Flags at all Disney parks to be flown at half mast today. Later tonight, NBC will air a special edition of Dateline with various entertainment personalities sharing their stories of where they were when they first received word of Walt's death."
- The Associated Press; September 6, 1996

"Starting next month, ABC, which owns the North American rights to Sailor Moon, will modify episodes of the popular Japanese cartoon to make the show more appropriate for viewing by a younger audience. The show had been under fire from critics after parents raised objections to certain aspects of the show which anime fans argue are minor and insignificant."
- Jim Moret; CNN Showbiz Today; August 22, 1996

Thus, the standard of kids anime in the west for the next decade, Americanisation, dubbing out certain lines, rewritten theme songs, etc, has been set. Hopefully, it will work out somewhat better ITTL. especially for the big names.

Oh, I'd like to think Chris would. No, really. I would love to think he would! I was a huge fan of The Loud House before this all started, and the scandal pretty much put a damper on everything. As for Wade, as long as he plays his cards right, I'll think he'll be fine. In fact, I think a certain Orange network could use some Superhero Stylings. ;)
I have thoughts about that. Seems to me that Chris would have done to him what happened to Gene Roddenberry in the later OTL Star Trek movies: he'd be declared "creative consultant" (meaning tied up in the basement to keep from screwing up the franchise with his idiocy) while someone trusted (like Mark Evanier) was show runner.

THE HUB
8:00 Fievel's American Tails (reruns)
8:30 Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
9:00 Adventures of Oliver Twist
9:30 Zombie High
10:00 Megaman
10:30 Bailey Kipper's POV
11:00 Secrets of the Cryptkeeper's Haunted House
11:30 Skysurfer Strike Force
12:00 Samurai Pizza Cats

KIDS WB!
8:00 Freakazoid! (Full hour)
9:00 Brand Spanking New Doug!
9:30 Road Rovers
10:00 Waynehead
10:30 Pinky and the Brain
11:00 Animaniacs
11:30 The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
12:00 The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show

On the big screen, Universal's partnership with Hasbro picks back up with Princess Gwenevere coming on Christmas Day.

I thought Freakazoid atl was made by Screen Gems so shouldn't it still be airing on the CBS especially since they lost Sylvester and Tweety to WB and Ace Venture to the HUB. I would also put the Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat on HUB in the Secrets of the Cryptkeeper's Haunted House. I feel that the moving of shows to Hub and WB will leave some holes in the big four's schedule that need to be filled.Also did Samaria Pizazz Cats get it's second season.

I have thoughts about that. Seems to me that Chris would have done to him what happened to Gene Roddenberry in the later OTL Star Trek movies: he'd be declared "creative consultant" (meaning tied up in the basement to keep from screwing up the franchise with his idiocy) while someone trusted (like Mark Evanier) was show runner.

Alternatively, with the right kind of people around him, Savino's harassment could have been stopped before they started. Someone like Dany Antonucci, with his cynical approaches and ''tough love'', could be just the guy to keep Chris in line and help him get the help he needs to be better. In the meantime, just a random thought but perhaps Nick could be helped ITTL if The Fairly OddParents had been given its own show status early, rather than starting out on Oh Yeah! Cartoons? Maybe pick up Constant Payne instead of rejecting it or cash in on the success of the Sailor Moon dub by doing something similar with (and I hope the fans will forgive my sins for saying this) Detective Conan?

Last edited:
Nickelodean could also pick up Phineas and Ferb, the Proud Family and Consant Payne TTl. I feel that it would be a good idea to have a post on ABC Family Soon.

Nickelodean could also pick up Phineas and Ferb, the Proud Family and Consant Payne TTl. I feel that it would be a good idea to have a post on ABC Family Soon.

Well, I'm not sure if that would be all that plausible (except for Constant Payne that is), but It was round about 1996 that Recess was being pitched to networks. Sounds like something Nick would air.

I think that Brickyard Park should be built as tribute to classic amusement parks. It could recreate Riverside's Japaneses bowling alley, roller rink , mirror maze, old mill ride, shut the chute, mini railroad, gee whiz (that was the name of riversides scrambler), and circle swing. I woulld consider a vintage roller coaster or two, fun house giant slide , auto turnpike, tilt a whirl merry go round bumper car Ferris Wheel a haunted swing or catiplier(or maybe there modern version a madhouse and Himalaya) as well as live enterment such marching bands, equestrian acts clowns acrobats and trick motorcyclists

I would have Trump or Cedar Fair Lake Componce Instead of Kennywood. Also what happened to Idlewild Park Kentucky Kingdom Great Escape,Astro World Wild World(earlier name for Six Flags America)

That could work, especially if part of the deal is for Disney to produce an animated Spider-Man TV series or movie that the rides could tie into.
If you're still looking for something to give Don Bluth to do at Disney, you could put him charge of TV animation department.

I actually have an idea for that.

Why not have Disney's first animated series be adaptations of Carl Bark's Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics. Which is essentially closer to the books than OTL's Ducktales. Albeit with some changes, like Glomgold being voiced by Paul Frees.

Status
Not open for further replies.