Status
Not open for further replies.
@HonestAbe1809

Here is the city facing west. Riverfront Square is between Busch Stadium to the left and Kiener Plaza Park to the right, so RS and Busch are directly across the street from each other.
8607493c3a5485145f0417cc500c2557--stl-cardinals-st-louis-cardinals.jpg

This hypothetical expansion is taking place in 2006. They can simply build walkways above the street connecting "Old" Riverfront Square with "New" Riverfront Square. And since they don't have to build up to the stadium they can simply gut the building and use the outer walls as the framework of the new expansion. Waste not, want not. There'd just need to be some tinkering to provide a permanent roof to the new theme park expansion.

All those titles will come out.

Blade will definitely be Hyperion.

The rest I'll put to a vote...

Men in Black
- TriStar

The Crow
- New Line

Mystery Men
- Fox

Tank Girl
- Geffen
- New Line
- Touchstone
Just my two cents on those.

As for your earlier question about the rating system...please don't let them water down the PG rating. As far as IMHO Top Gun and Ninja Turtles 1 are the sweet spot of what PG is and should be.
If the parents are balking that much, throw them a Y7 rating in between G and PG. (Hell, IOTL Brave and Frozen were PG! That's just not right!)

Just my two cents on those.

As for your earlier question about the rating system...please don't let them water down the PG rating. As far as IMHO Top Gun and Ninja Turtles 1 are the sweet spot of what PG is and should be.
If the parents are balking that much, throw them a Y7 rating in between G and PG. (Hell, IOTL Brave and Frozen were PG! That's just not right!)

Maybe we can add the Y7 rating sooner rather than later.

In your opinion, which films would you consider the standard for what G, PG-13 and R should be? Cause we hinted at maybe a rating between PG-13 and R if possible.

These are what I personally think are the standard for each rating, using only films from my favorite year in film (2007):

G: Mr. Bean's Holiday
PG: Hairspray
PG-13: Across the Universe
R: Death Proof

Films that are borderline ALWAYS get the higher rating. Some examples, also from 2007:

Borderline G/PG: Enchanted (rated PG)
Borderline PG/PG-13: Ocean's Thirteen (rated PG-13)
Borderline PG-13/R: The Number 23 (rated R)

Last edited:
Entertainment news for December 1989 and January 1990
Entertainment news for December 1989 and January 1990

Corman Enterprises, the Dr Pepper/Kodak consortium which now owns the Grand Diamond studio, outbids CBS for the former Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer backlot in Culver City. CBS president Larry Tisch issued a congratulatory letter to Grand Diamond founder Roger Corman the day after the deal closed. After losing out on the historic backlot, CBS announced it'll explore other options within Los Angeles County, including a potential extension of the existing partnership between Columbia Pictures and Warner Bros who both share the Warner facilities in Burbank.

Ice Cube disses Bill Cosby and former NWA bandmates in his solo debut album for Jive Records.

Trump Manhattan debuts its new logo depicting the Sphinx of ancient Egypt at the end of a CBS broadcast of Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures.

Warren Buffett currently in talks with Vestron and the relaunched RKO and Republic studios on a potential leveraged buyout.

Leslie Moonves scheduled to interview with Universal, Geffen, Grand Diamond, New Line, ABC and CBS after his current contract with Coca-Cola-backed Lorimar expires.

Coke officially enters negotiations with Georgia state officials on a proposed Warner Bros theme park near Atlanta after WB's licensing deal with Trump Leisure to use the studio's Looney Tunes characters expired last year.

Trump begins negotiations with Las Vegas city officials on a potential theme park immediately north of the city.

@ImSadCauseImAlone @Roger Redux

Maybe we can revise the criteria needed for each of the existing ratings before we add anymore?

I'm thinking of reusing the Screen Gems name as the name for the animation studio and CBS can hire Bruce Timm away from Trump to work on the show.

To quote Captain Picard, "Make it so." Hopefully, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett be come along for the ride.

And regarding licensing, what if Konami and Capcom partnered with Gemini? I also thought Bucky O'Hare would be a good fit for NBC and Harvey.

This just in...

CBS raids Trump Manhattan's animation staff to form its new cartoon division, Screen Gems. Coming to the watchful eye of CBS are Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Alan Burnett and Lynne Naylor. TV viewers can expect the new studio's first product as early as fall '92.

Forgot about the CBS Studio Center. Maybe this can be Columbia's new home?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Studio_Center

Or...they could hang on to Columbia Square on Sunset and Gower, then pick up the Sunset Gower lot.

Or...maybe the Playa Vista site where DreamWorks almost built IOTL. Gotta remember what streets it was on though.

Pico Rivera perhaps? Diamond Bar? Irwindale?

Maybe we can add the Y7 rating sooner rather than later.

In your opinion, which films would you consider the standard for what G, PG-13 and R should be? Cause we hinted at maybe a rating between PG-13 and R if possible.
G: Sleeping Beauty, Frozen, and Brave.
PG: (addendums) The Avengers, Batman Returns*, and The Addams Family.
PG-13: Last Action Hero, The Fast and the Furious, Blade Runner**.
R: Terminator, Alien, Deadpool, Predator, and anything directed by Tarantino.

*I maintain that the most offensive (to a non-geek audience) part of that movie (the innuendo laced convo. between Penguin and Catwoman) will fly over most kids' heads, and if it doesn't...well you've got bigger problems than just the movie.
**Blade Runner, I'll admit is on the fence and could go either way, and it's been long enough since I've seen it that I can't remember how much actual swearing is in the movie, but I don't think it was enough to warrant an R.

All of this on top of the fact that 'PG' stands for "Parental Guidance" i.e. "Watch the movie first, before you let your kid see it, to determine if you feel it's appropriate for them. Because it's probably rated PG for a reason. Dumbass."

G: Sleeping Beauty, Frozen, and Brave.
PG: (addendums) The Avengers, Batman Returns*, and The Addams Family.
PG-13: Last Action Hero, The Fast and the Furious, Blade Runner**.
R: Terminator, Alien, Deadpool, Predator, and anything directed by Tarantino.

*I maintain that the most offensive (to a non-geek audience) part of that movie (the innuendo laced convo. between Penguin and Catwoman) will fly over most kids' heads, and if it doesn't...well you've got bigger problems than just the movie.
**Blade Runner, I'll admit is on the fence and could go either way, and it's been long enough since I've seen it that I can't remember how much actual swearing is in the movie, but I don't think it was enough to warrant an R.

All of this on top of the fact that 'PG' stands for "Parental Guidance" i.e. "Watch the movie first, before you let your kid see it, to determine if you feel it's appropriate for them. Because it's probably rated PG for a reason. Dumbass."

I think The Avengers is much more deserving of a PG-13 than The Fast and the Furious. Avengers is quite violent, the most objectionable thing about Fast (and all subsequent movies in the series bar Fast Five) is mildly profane name-calling.

One thing I REALLY don't understand about the MPAA is that violence in fantastical films gets a lower rating than violence in realistic films.

To give an example from 2007 (pardon me, but it's my favorite year for film), I Am Legend, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 3:10 to Yuma, and There Will Be Blood all have about the same level of violence. But the first two got a PG-13 and the last two got an R. None of the four films are very objectionable other than their violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.