Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. And it'd further the real world symbolism of the story since it'd be decades since Yen Sid saw Oswald like how it was decades since Disney last used him in a cartoon. I'm thinking that the realm of the story should be a fantasy equivalent to the 50's Americana that Disney loved so much. That'd just give the film a distinctive aesthetic of its own. Plus this movie would be important as a way to reintroduce Oswald to an audience that hadn't seen him since the last of the Univeral shorts in the early 50's. The villain should be the Shadow Blot since this could be considered Epic Oswald: The Movie.

Oswald was last seen in comics published in the 1960's. Also does any body like the idea of a second oswald movie that uses Walt's first cartoon character Julius the cat form the Alice comedies series. I have him depited as beign being quite bitter and jeously at his borthers Mickey and Oswald being famous cartoon stars while he was second banna to a human actresss and doomed to obscurity.

Oswald was last seen in comics published in the 1960's. Also does any body like the idea of a second oswald movie that uses Walt's first cartoon character Julius the cat form the Alice comedies series. I have him depited as beign being quite bitter and jeously at his borthers Mickey and Oswald being famous cartoon stars while he was second banna to a human actresss and doomed to obscurity.
Going by the Epic Oswald idea, Julius could fill the role Oswald had in Epic Mickey, as the bitter, forgotten sibling.

So he'd be Oswald's Oswald? Meaning that he'd be taking a role in the Oswald movie similar to Oswald's own in the first Epic Mickey game. I've also got an idea where Oswald is passing through a spooky graveyard when all of a sudden several skeletons rise from the ground. Then the familiar music starts playing, and it's revealed that these are the titular "Spooky Scary Skeletons" from arguably the most famous Silly Symphony short. They just wanted an audience for their dancing. Since this is a love letter to the early days of Disney I don't see why they can't have a cameo.

Last edited:
Going by the Epic Oswald idea, Julius could fill the role Oswald had in Epic Mickey, as the bitter, forgotten sibling.
Oswald wasn't that bitter. He was a little jeoulus of mickey but he didn't really bare a grudge. After he pepared a house of micky in ostown just in case he ever became forgoten

Revised National and All American Superhero Lineups as of 1985
Special thanks to @Pyro for the revisions...

NATIONAL

Superman Family (including Supergirl and Power Girl)
Batman Family (including Robin, Batgirl, and the Huntress)
Legion of Super-Heroes
Teen Titans
(including Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire)
Doom Patrol
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Spectre
Doctor Fate
Sandman
Starman
Hourman
Liberty Belle
(Note: She was married to Johnny Quick OTL)
Star-Spangled Kid
Tarantula
Shining Knight
Vigilante
Robotman
TNT
Firestorm
Zatanna

ALL-AMERICAN

Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
(to take Superman's place)
The Flash
Green Lantern
The Hawks
Black Canary
Johnny Thunder
Doctor Mid-Nite
Atom
Mr. Terrific
Wildcat
Red Tornado
Black Lightning
Sargon the Sorcerer
Plastic Man
The Freedom Fighters
Alias, the Spider
Infinity Inc.
(excluding Power Girl, Huntress, and Star Spangled Kid)

The Care Bears Movie
1175270855_1.jpg

Released in the spring of 1985, the Care Bears Movie was the first feature in a very, very long time to appeal to the youngsters not yet old enough to ingest the darker material offered by the Mouse Factory at that time.

carebears613x463.jpg

The film itself is very much the same as OTL, except it had an easier time getting made, with Paramount's parent company Gulf+Western having bought a small stake in Nelvana about the same time that American Greetings approached the Canadian studio with the colorful cast of cuddly characters.

main.png

While the film proved to be much to saccharine for some critics and animation buffs alike, it proved to be the one film that finally broke Disney's longstanding box office strangleholds in Europe, Latin America and even Nelvana's home country of Canada. If advance ticket sales were any indication, the unexpected success of The Care Bears Movie has the potential to shift moviegoers' tastes toward fuzzier lighthearted fare, like 20th Century Fox's Cat in the Hat due in July. And such a shift could put a noticeable dent in the potential earnings for Disney's PG-rated Revenge of the Jedi due in May, or Universal's GI Joe, also PG, due in June.

care-bears-mickey-rooney.png

For Paramount, this could signal another consecutive year of box office riches, with Witness making a steady profit, and Explorers, Summer Rental, Clue and Young Sherlock Holmes on the horizon.

11484_2_full.jpg

I think the main effect of Care Bears's success in the short term will not be more animated films geared toward young children but more animated films that are made to sell products. So we'll have more GI Joe's than Cat in the Hat's. Star Wars is such a merchandising phenomenon that Jedi won't be affected much.

BTW, how's this guy's career doing ITTL?

Code_Of_Silence_-e1345525915257.jpg

I think the main effect of Care Bears's success in the short term will not be more animated films geared toward young children but more animated films that are made to sell products. So we'll have more GI Joe's than Cat in the Hat's. Star Wars is such a merchandising phenomenon that Jedi won't be affected much.

BTW, how's this guy's career doing ITTL?

Code_Of_Silence_-e1345525915257.jpg

Yeah, you're probably right about the merchandising angle.

As for Chuck, he's currently the public face of the Cannon Group. Well, actually, Chuck Norris IS the Cannon Group. Plus, he's got a cartoon series lined up for next year, called Chuck Norris' Karate Kommandos.

Just thought of an interesting butterfly that will happen 6 years from now (and will butterfly something 30 years from now).

Do you want to hear it @OldNavy1988? It possibly involves adding a new film to the "Classics" brand (is that what the Disney Animated Canon is called ITTL?).

Last edited:
Special thanks to @Pyro for the revisions...

NATIONAL

Superman Family (including Supergirl and Power Girl)
Batman Family (including Robin, Batgirl, and the Huntress)
Legion of Super-Heroes
Teen Titans
(including Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire)
Doom Patrol
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Spectre
Doctor Fate
Sandman
Starman
Hourman
Liberty Belle
(Note: She was married to Johnny Quick OTL)
Star-Spangled Kid
Tarantula
Shining Knight
Vigilante
Robotman
TNT
Firestorm
Zatanna

ALL-AMERICAN

Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
(to take Superman's place)
The Flash
Green Lantern
The Hawks
Black Canary
Johnny Thunder
Doctor Mid-Nite
Atom
Mr. Terrific
Wildcat
Red Tornado
Black Lightning
Sargon the Sorcerer
Plastic Man
The Freedom Fighters
Alias, the Spider
Infinity Inc.
(excluding Power Girl, Huntress, and Star Spangled Kid)

With that in mind I would like add this as a thought: who would get custody of the Justice League trademark? If I may make a suggestion, I would suggest the company that does not keep it name their premier team "the All-Star Squadron." It would make sense for All-American to use All-Star Squadron since it was they who published All-Star Comics back in the 40s. Though one problem is that the acronym would be "ASS."

I can almost hear TTL's AVGN (unless he gets butterflied away) say it, "This comic is ASS!"

Just thought of an interesting butterfly that will happen 6 years from now (and will butterfly something 30 years from now).

Do you want to hear it @OldNavy1988? It possibly involves adding a new film to the "Classics" brand (is that what the Disney Animated Canon is called ITTL?).

Feel free to send me a note if you'd like. I'd be glad to hear it.

@Pyro

Nice idea. Would it be ASB if an editor pointed out the ASS acronym right away and instead tweaked it to All Star Battalion?

Speaking of All Star, with All-American claiming ownership of that, I guess it butterflies All Star Superman and All Star Crazy Steve, correct?

Nice idea. Would it be ASB if an editor pointed out the ASS acronym right away and instead tweaked it to All Star Battalion?

I had this imagine in my head where the All-Star Squadron name initially gets approval, but Ted Turner catches wind of it and vetoes them name. Thus All-American tweaks the name to All-Star Battalion.

Speaking of All Star, with All-American claiming ownership of that, I guess it butterflies All Star Superman and All Star Crazy Steve, correct?

Aye, sadly.

I had this imagine in my head where the All-Star Squadron name initially gets approval, but Ted Turner catches wind of it and vetoes them name. Thus All-American tweaks the name to All-Star Battalion.

True.

Also, Crazy Steve would be something only Joel Schumacher could pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.