Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Oppo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. InfernoMole RWBY delenda est

Who will be there to see it?

2. CapitalistHippie AH.com's token libertarian

Whatever causes it maybe

3. InfernoMole RWBY delenda est

[​IMG]

Bomster, Ind89, Chapman and 17 others like this.
  4. Thomas27 Kerala of Travancore

5. Airesien Well-Known Member

The 2018 Commonwealth federal election was held on Monday 29 October to elect all 536 Members of Parliament (MPs) to the Commonwealth House of Commons. The governing Commonwealth Party won its fifth consecutive election, but suffered a small decrease in their vote and seat share.

The Commonwealth Party went into the election having governed continuously since 2002. Party leader Bill Clouston had himself served as Prime Minister since 2011. Whilst the party had been in government for sixteen years, opinion polls suggested that they would be returned to power relatively comfortably as they had now established themselves at the Commonwealth's dominant party at a federal level. The opposition Social Democratic Labour Party were struggling both to win over floating voters but were also facing an unprecedented threat from their left in the form of the New Republican Party, who had rapidly grown in popularity especially amongst young voters and those in deprived areas, which traditionally formed the bedrock of the SDLP's support, since the last election.

In the end, the Commonwealth Party lost 14 seats, but still held a healthy majority in the House of Commons, and Clouston would lead the party into their fifth parliament in power. The SDLP slipped back much further, losing 53 seats of their own to both the Commonwealth Party, mainly in the Midlands, London and in southern England, and to the New Republican Party, principally in the party's heartlands in Northern England. Plaid Genedlaethol Cymru, the Welsh separatist party which advocated further devolution of powers to the Welsh Assembly and an eventual referendum on independence, expanded further than western Wales for the first time in their history and went on to win a majority of Welsh seats in the Commons. The Conservative Party, led into their fourth election by Eric Hitchins, fell from third place to fifth place in the Commons. The election itself was particularly nasty and was dominated by the slowing economy, increasing levels of immigration to the Commonwealth and the sexuality of the Leader of the Opposition. The Commonwealth Party and the Conservatives tried to suggest that the fact that Bryant was in a relationship with another man made him unsuitable to be Prime Minister, with Commonwealth leaflets being distributed describing Clouston and his party as "the straight choice". Whilst homosexuality had been decriminalised in the Commonwealth in the 1970s, and civil unions had been established by the last SDLP government in the late 1990s, it remained a controversial issue amongst much of the voting public. The SDLP's policy of introducing same-sex marriage was seen as far too progressive and both the Commonwealth Party and the Conservatives insisted that they remained vehemently opposed to any extension of marriage to same-sex couples, with the Conservatives pledging to scrap civil unions if elected.

In the aftermath of the election, Bryant, though publicly backed by his party, opted to resign the following day, describing his position as "untenable given the circumstances". An impassioned speech by Bryant saw him say with tears in his eyes that "sadly it appears a citizen of the Commonwealth loving another is too much for our politics, our media and our electorate to handle" and that he hoped that one day a politician's sexuality "would not prevent him or her from leading our country". Bryant himself had only narrowly held on his constituency of Cardiff East, with a majority of 397 over the Plaid Genedlaethol Cymru candidate. Eric Hitchins tried to remain leader of the Conservatives despite the result, but faced a leadership challenge in the following days, and an open revolt in his parliamentary party forced him to stand down.

2018federal (1).png

Ind89, theev, Danthefan28 and 18 others like this.
  6. prime-minister Commander of High Authoritah

Fair point. Tbh the main reason I'm using the OTL current borders is because I couldn't find a good basemap for the pre-Communist borders. If anyone has one I'd be happy to revise them to fit it.

7. redjirachi Well-Known Member

Papa Joe as president? Yeah, I think we should panic

Part of "The Great Human Genocide", posted 108,016 A.M (Anno Machina)

Gerbbro, Temeraire, X_X and 2 others like this.
  8. krinsbez Well-Known Member

A European war over something important. How odd.

Jonathan, Pexa, Thomas27 and 6 others like this.
  9. herkles Well-Known Member

So an idea I got from a discussion in the American Politics thread. Presenting Karl Marx in America!

[​IMG]

10. Kasu i eat the wheat

[​IMG]
    felt like making a sequel to the 1956 infobox

11. herkles Well-Known Member

Thoughts in American Marx? :coldsweat::p

12. Col. Angus Mem8er

Nice overall, but the numbers don't make sense in terms of matching the percentages. If Nixon has 54% of the vote, an outright majority, then the combined totals of Johns and Kefauver wouldn't be greater than Nixon (which is the case here, Nixon has 32.3 million votes while the other two combined have 34.3 million)

It isn't the biggest deal, but you could just take the overall total electorate from OTL and use that as a jumping off point, like calculating say what's 54% of (whatever the total turnout numbers were). And if you don't like doing math, there's various online calculators you can plug it into

13. Kasu i eat the wheat

oof i guess something oofed in my percentage calculator, i’ll try and revise it there

gap80 likes this.
  14. Goweegie2 Trans rights

15. Arthur Marston Well-Known Member

Oh God oh fuck.

16. Temeraire Well-Known Member

Paired with Clinton of all people.

17. Goweegie2 Trans rights

Marvel: "Avengers Endgame is the most ambitious crossover event ever"
    My TL: "Hold my beer"

18. Kasu i eat the wheat

Okay, I adjusted my popular vote numbers
    [​IMG]

19. CapitalistHippie AH.com's token libertarian

Oof, look at that popular/electoral vote disrepency. Probably the worst one I've seen that doesn't involve the popular vote winner losing in an electoral landslide.

Temeraire, Goweegie2 and Kasu like this.
  20. Gentleman Biaggi Leader of the bisexual agenda

expect a lot of democratic bowing to the south as they blame their 1960 losses on an inability to work with dixiecrats

gap80, Goweegie2 and Kasu like this.