Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

Alex Jones, the incumbent governor of Texas as of 2019. He won in a narrow victory against U.S. Representative Beto O'Rourke in a close, 49-49 percent race only decided by about 5 thousand. Jones had entered the 2018 Texas gubernatorial primary, challenging incumbent Greg Abbott. Although polls had shown Jones trailing Abbott by double digits, Jones emerged from the primary with an upset victory, 53-47 for Jones and Abbott, respectively.
Oh No

View attachment 434355
Alex Jones, the incumbent governor of Texas as of 2019. He won in a narrow victory against U.S. Representative Beto O'Rourke in a close, 49-49 percent race only decided by about 5 thousand. Jones had entered the 2018 Texas gubernatorial primary, challenging incumbent Greg Abbott. Although polls had shown Jones trailing Abbott by double digits, Jones emerged from the primary with an upset victory, 53-47 for Jones and Abbott, respectively.
Texas is fucked.

ST15RM

Banned
View attachment 434355
Time for me to move to Canada.

View attachment 434355

I wonder what his Presidential campaign slogan would be?

JONES 2020. MAKE THE FROGS STRAIGHT AGAIN!

Texas is fucked.
Time for me to move to Canada.
I wonder what his Presidential campaign slogan would be?

JONES 2020. MAKE THE FROGS STRAIGHT AGAIN!
Unless information is provided otherwise, I'm going to assume this Alternate Alex Jones is sane enough to be elected, rather than that Alternate Texas is insane enough to elect the professional nutjob we know and loathe IOTL.

Unless information is provided otherwise, I'm going to assume this Alternate Alex Jones is sane enough to be elected, rather than that Alternate Texas is insane enough to elect the professional nutjob we know and loathe IOTL.
But he still hosts Infowars. Maybe it's more like a regular conservative talkshow?

Texas in fact elected the Alex "Gay Frogs" Jones we love today

Pair of boxes from the same universe; the gist of it is that Reagan wins the GOP nomination in '68 and wins it out LBJ (who hangs around despite McCarthy's strong challenge during the Primaries), but ends up bogged down with Vietnam, the collapse of the Bretton Woods system and the oncoming recession (Reagan doesn't go off the gold standard and simply devalues the dollar). He still pulls it out in '72 after an unwelcome Hubert Humphrey wins the nomination at the Convention (no McGovern-Fraser), and things go fully off the rails after the obstructionist Democratic Congress hamstrings his increasingly right-wing domestic policy, and an oil shock led by OPEC after Egypt attacks the East Bank causes a full-on Depression. President Shriver and Vice-President Askew get the country out of Vietnam, raise the minimum wage, lower age requirements for Social Security and give out huge grants for infrastructure redevelopment, but the old-school New Deal policies fail to deal with inflation (the minimum wage hike makes things worse, in all actuality) and the general perception that Shriver and Askew are more interested in propping up "welfare queens" and not making the hard choices needed to end the Depression leads to their defeat. Former Vice President Claude R. Kirk, Jr. is swept into power on a wave of reaction, but his own austerity politics, heavy rationing and privatization of Social Security ends up pissing everybody, regardless of party affiliation, off. Senator Jerry Litton, riding in on an optimistic message and an "outsider" persona (not much in the way of policy, however), sweeps the GOP out of the White House and Congress.

Askew box.png
Litton box.png

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
people, please, there is a current politics wiki box thread in the OP! If you use it, you won’t get kicked!

Timeline Name? Won't You Be My President?
Agreed, as long as this isn't some evil Mirror Universe version of Mr. Rogers, or he gets assassinated or something.

Also best timeline confirmed
I dunno, the sadly-never-really-went-anywhere Anti-FaT TL that was to have ended with a presidential race between Mr. Rogers and MLK might've been better.

Anyways, a request:

You may or may not have heard the ridiculous* urban legend that Rin Tin Tin won the very first Best Actor, but they gave it to Emil Jannings instead so they wouldn't look silly? Could someone do an infobox where Rinty does, in fact, win it?

*But not, as you might think, due the idea that Rin Tin Tin could win was ridiculous, but that the idea that his winning would make them look silly is ridiculous because, as bizarre as it sounds to us today, Rin Tin Tin was a legit movie star, who just happened to be a dog, and was seen and treated as a legit movie star. It was the early days, they were still figuring out how movie stardom worked.

Last edited:

Deleted member 81475

Agreed, as long as this isn't some evil Mirror Universe version of Mr. Rogers, or he gets assassinated or something.

He's changed somewhat into a person willing to run for president (and governor of Pennsylvania before that), but he was already 36 when the POD occurred. Think of the Rogers years as President Carter with FDR's success. And then it all goes wrong...

He's changed somewhat into a person willing to run for president (and governor of Pennsylvania before that), but he was already 36 when the POD occurred. Think of the Rogers years as President Carter with FDR's success. And then it all goes wrong...
Is he actually a serial killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.