Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was saying that the Democrats would be more likely to win there, than in Louisiana where they lost by a much larger margin.
You'll notice that Caroline Fayard is the candidate in Louisiana rather than Foster Campbell. She was friendlier to oil companies and would've been a more attractive choice for Republican voters. Plus, in a landslide scenario, Democrats might be taking a closer look at the race.

THE KING IS DEAD

Frontrunner Randolph Carter withdraws bid for kingdom, facing exile to Europe over Nephews' Scandal

Hannah Garrett Taliaferro holds strong lead following promise of property tax cap, more energetic monarchy, impending birth of first child

Lords of Virginia obtain mandates, assembly to be convoked at White Sulphur

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

mad3egA.png

Wouldn't the Jeffersons get a majority, if Elizabeth Powell and Alexander Chase pooled their electors? Or is it not just a simple majority needed? Or do the Jefferson Branches just hate each other?

I guess I'm just not understanding what means you've won in this context.

Yeah are victories decided by mandates or electors? And if by electors, how come Chase didn't win outright, or why didn't the Jefferson branches unite behind Chase for the sake of the Family?

The people that use IIII should be crucified!
Ehh, no. I've literally never seen IIII until now, and even if there are people who use it, that doesn't make it right.
Exactly. It is archaic and there is no reason for it to be in this thread's name. It is not contributing at all.
not to be a jerk, but the Romans actually did use IIII, at least pre-Constantine--they though IV was too close to Jupiter (IVPITER) and that it was therefore blasphemous :p

not to be a jerk, but the Romans actually did use IIII, at least pre-Constantine--they though IV was too close to Jupiter (IVPITER) and that it was therefore blasphemous :p

Just proving it's archaic and irrelevant in modern times.

Time to revive this old series. Credit to @Tzaero @Kaiser K

Donald Trump wins the 2016 election on a platform on banning Muslim countries from being admitted to the United States, building a wall on the border and making Tunisia pay for it, and locking up his political opponent Bashar al-Assad.

qIkwI7Z.png

Last edited:
since Patton and I combine like Voltron to form a reasonable facsimile of approximately one person, I'm taking the 'answer' portion of the explanations
I guess I'm just not understanding what means you've won in this context.
Yeah are victories decided by mandates or electors? And if by electors, how come Chase didn't win outright, or why didn't the Jefferson branches unite behind Chase for the sake of the Family?
They're ordered the way they are in the box for a reason. You're also assuming that two of the three Jeffersons can unite their votes at this stage- that they aren't running as separate individuals who happen to be from the same family, as though the family name was somehow of greater interest than the good of the country, or, hell, that they were even closely related enough to care that much about each other.

But since it's clear that ordering the candidates by descending order of number of mandates is insufficient, I'll explain- in brief, on the death of the king/queen, the people who are qualified to hold mandates provide them to an elector, who then votes on their behalf at the convocation (since it would be difficult to fit several million people at the Greenbrier). Something happens that we can't see because of all the smoke filling all those rooms, and someone walks out king/queen.
Interesting. Just how are mandates decided/calculated?
Very carefully, thanks. :p

since Patton and I combine like Voltron to form a reasonable facsimile of approximately one person, I'm taking the 'answer' portion of the explanations

They're ordered the way they are in the box for a reason. You're also assuming that two of the three Jeffersons can unite their votes at this stage- that they aren't running as separate individuals who happen to be from the same family, as though the family name was somehow of greater interest than the good of the country, or, hell, that they were even closely related enough to care that much about each other.

But since it's clear that ordering the candidates by descending order of number of mandates is insufficient, I'll explain- in brief, on the death of the king/queen, the people who are qualified to hold mandates provide them to an elector, who then votes on their behalf at the convocation (since it would be difficult to fit several million people at the Greenbrier). Something happens that we can't see because of all the smoke filling all those rooms, and someone walks out king/queen.

Nice, okay. Some follow ups then, if you don't mind, and only because this scenario is so cool: if the mandates provide who to vote for to the electors, how did Chase, who got only 12% of the mandates in comparison to Garrett, have a plurality of electors. It is rather confusing :coldsweat: And of course it's obvious that the Jefferson's didn't combine their support, our question is why didn't/couldn't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.