Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
~With all Due Respect, [Titular Prime Minister of the Commonwelath Realm of Sciule, Jacob] Isaka is not the Prime Minister of [the Republic of] Sciule. That Honor goes to Tengku [Mayang Mohammad bin Tengku Jaafar], who is quite not a Political Prisoner. I can arrange a meeting with him, or with President Nagamootoo, if you want to.
Foreign Minister Stanisław Szydło to his British Counterpart.

~Frankly, Mr. Butler... I will not resign my office and make my country subordinate to a foreign Governor-General as you demand - Especially not a Governor-General [Thomas Featherstonehaugh] who threatened to impose independence only favorable to one-fifth of my Countrymen [The Blacks].
President Palanisamy Nagamootoo to British Foreign Minister Rab Butler.

A British Colony in Africa that ethnically has two near-equal Tamil and Malay ethnic shares, each forming a Plurality and both - a Majority, demands independence.

e8qHJnQ.png

The British Government, on the other hand, demands "black majority rule"... even though blacks are outnumbered by non-blacks 4:1. The British Governor threatens to appoint the pro-"majority"-rule Jacob Isaka, a shunned Opposition leader who can never command confidence in the Legilsature even if his life will depend on it, over Palanisamy Nagamootoo, the leader of the ruling Coalition, which is very, very, very, very, anti-"majority"-rule, and anti-being-ruled-as-a-Colony in general.

What would the SIL do?

YCzR63w.png

npdMUPH.png

Keep the British Governor Hostage and proceed with their ideas of independence, of course!

Last edited:
~When [Assasinated President Stanisław] Szydło dropped dead, people sung the Bantu Kingdom[Name used by the Republican Government of Sciule to refer to the Dominion Government-in-Exile]'s Anthem, thus Proving that [GiE Prime Minister Mbanda] Obote is not a mere Nuisance, but a Threat to our Nation.
President Alfred Granger's Inauguration Speech

3CRKknl.png

RiHdFLK.png

Last edited:

Sabot Cat

Banned
What if the French Fifth Republic took some inspiration from the Israeli electoral system, and created a bicameral legislature with an upper house known as the National Assembly, wherein 120 members elected by proportional representation select the President? The following boxes takes the data from all of the first round results of the French presidential elections from 1965 to 2012, as they are national and personality-driven like the Israeli elections, and computed them with a 1% threshold (1965-1981), 1.5% threshold (1988-2002), and a 2% threshold (2007-2012) using the D'Hondt method. In the interest of completeness, if I could fit a party that received seats on the box, I put it on there. The results are as follows:

4v266eD.png

bzZWj6X.png

inT4GTY.png

nbIXo0A.png

dZdsf4r.png

rt3yaDr.png

v9bZNtk.png

ipsXClb.png

FHGF7Fu.png

Last edited:
What if the French Fifth Republic took inspiration from the Israeli electoral system, and created a unicameral legislature with 120 members elected by proportional representation? The following boxes takes the data from all of the first round results of the French presidential elections from 1965 to 2012, as they are national and personality-driven like the Israeli elections, and computed them with a 1% threshold (1965-1981), 1.5% threshold (1988-2002), and a 2% threshold (2007-2012) using the D'Hondt method. In the interest of completeness, if I could fit a party that received seats on the box, I put it on there. The results are as follows:

I like the idea, but 120 seats is really small for country of France's size isn't it?

Sabot Cat

Banned
I like the idea, but 120 seats is really small for country of France's size isn't it?

Retcon: the National Assembly is the upper house of a bicameral legislature that elects the President, while the lower house (the Parliament) has around 400-577 members and elects the Prime Minister.

Why does the Citizens Part (which I probably would support) have a logo that looks like some left-liberal European party? :p

I honestly don't have an answer, chalk it up to it being a Design-By-Committee choice.

Honest question, what do you think might be a better logo for such a party?

I honestly don't have an answer, chalk it up to it being a Design-By-Committee choice.

Honest question, what do you think might be a better logo for such a party?

It's a fine logo - I'd probably have gone for one of the 'cuddly' European-right logos (like the Swiss People's Party or the Norwegian Progress Party.)

lAKnO4J.png

Sciule is rather (In)famous for being the only African Country that has no racial discrimination... yet still never had a Black President. Partly owing to blacks not being the ethnic majority.

Last edited:

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Sciule is rather (In)famous for being the only African Country that has no racial discrimination... yet still never had a Black President. Partly owing to blacks not being the ethnic majority.

Intirguing concept, where is Sciule located geographically? Based on the use of Swahili I'm guessing it is in OTL East Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.