Alternate Weapons of War thread...

American Federal Marines of the Marine Force Recon special operations group aboard UH-1Z Super Huey Utility Helicopters en route to Maracaibo on the evening before the American and British Marine landings that would take the city.
This is more of showcasing the aircraft "in action" than merely presenting them.

Dude! Somethings wrong with the camera! The sky is all purple!... Oh, I see.

Well drawn!:p

American Federal Marines of the Marine Force Recon special operations group aboard UH-1Z Super Huey Utility Helicopters en route to Maracaibo on the evening before the American and British Marine landings that would take the city.
This is more of showcasing the aircraft "in action" than merely presenting them.

Very Nice. :cool: That would be a fun timeline.

Whilst working on my project, I suddenly got a request of a battlecruiser which would appear in the requesting person's story/world.

Completed in 1923, she's got one chimney, some fancy turbines and quite a few horsepowers so that she can sail 35 knots (ca 40 mph = ca 60 kph)
She can sail 9025 nautic miles at 20 knots.

This is reached through engineering principles like the Bismarck (and more horsepowers)

her armour is poor since she's a battlecruiser and not a battleship.

It took me about 5 minutes to make these rough layouts. More detailed versions will be made if the one who asked me to do this is satisfied with this start.
dannebattlecruiserrequest.png

Last edited:

Hapsburg

Banned
In the 2060's, the world was building up towards tension and conflict. The so-called Second Cold War was in full swing; the United Commonwealth of America maintained its position as the counterweight to the Soviets, by merit of its leading station in NATO and PATO. In the late 2060's and early 2070's, the United Commonwealth cooperated with Britain and the European Community to design and produce a joint fighter project, which came into production in 2068 as the F/A-39 Condor in the UCA. The success led to the Joint Interceptor Program, which went into production in 2073 as the F-202 Delta Spear.

The F-202 was the first American dedicated interceptor since the F-106 of the 1960's. It also marked the return to the delta-wing body plan, much like the Europeans had done fifty years earlier. As a nod to its predecessor, it was designed very similarly to the F-106; however, it featured many newer technologies that enhanced its avionics and electronics systems, greatly expanded its stealth capabilities, and utilised thrust vectoring jets for greater manoeuvring.
Armed with a 20mm rotary gun, four wing hardpoints, and internal bays, the F-202 Delta Spear could unleash a broad array of air-to-air munitions upon any advancing bomber or fighter. This would become the backbone of the American air defence during the Third World War in the late 2070's, and indeed would be the main factor in preventing Soviet bombers from striking American soil for the duration of the war.

This particular example is of the 121st Interceptor Wing, based in Toronto, nicknamed the "Black Maples".

American Interceptor.png

Onyx

Banned
Meet the Pimpsmoker 1000
The only thing you want to know?
It'll make your Pistol look like a Whore

myweaponfv.jpg

(Alright, I have to admit, it sucks)

Meet the Pimpsmoker 1000

Question;
How would I survive a revolver-duel with that beast?
I'd have to have it strapped on my back, like links sword!

Austrian Steyr Männlicher Pandur (mid to late 1930s). One of the first truely modern, purpose-built sniper rifles in history. Appears quite a lot in my "European Crimson Skies" TL. ;)
Looks nice, but the handguard's too short for a sniper rifle, I'd say. Directly holding the barrel itself is not-done in general.

On the other hand that other weapon is very much awesome, though I'd move the front grip a bit forward for balance issues.:)

Meet the Pimpsmoker 1000

Amazing! The world's very first two-stage firearm, correct? The entire (and very large) cartridge case is launched off the front of the barrel, for the bullet to fire when it's already halfway to the target? :D Can't see it doing much for accuracy though.

Looks nice, but the handguard's too short for a sniper rifle, I'd say. Directly holding the barrel itself is not-done in general. On the other hand that other weapon is very much awesome, though I'd move the front grip a bit forward for balance issues.:)

Thanks for the review. :D :) I had to work with what I had (PMG.com offers only few antique-looking gun parts) and I'd certainly change some of the rifle's features, but it was just a rough draft of how it would look. As for the pulse rifle, the main foregrip was initially closer to the barrel, but it interfered with the overall look I was aming for, so I pushed it back a bit and refurbished some of it's surroundings...

Westernized AK-47 for the post-war of my AAR.

A really believably looking piece you have there... :cool:

finally i post ive read every page of this whole thing for the past week this is some amazing stuff i like the work ive been doing somthing like this its the ultimate weapon thread you should check it out if you havent already

Hapsburg

Banned
(OOC: revised/minor edit of something from the Unionverse)

Mk_171_Cockroach_MFB_WAP_by_Louisvillian.png

Developed late in the war, and deployed during the last six years, the Mk.171 Mobile Field Base/Walker Artillery Platform is among the largest ground combat machines ever devised. A massive walker attached to Division-size units, the "Cockroach" is capable of supporting large-scale assaults and carrying an entire Battalion of men and equipment, including armoured vehicles and drones. Unique weight-distribution and balance-control systems make sure its nearly thousand-ton mass doesn't cause it to sink into the ground.
Armed to the teeth with artillery, VLS, linear cannons, and particle projectors, the walker is able to lay down a field of fire comparable to no other land vehicle. Ship-grade armour plating gives the walker a great deal of protection, especially against artillery and air-to-ground munitions. The Mk.171 MFB/WAP can literally wade through static enemy defences, and annihilate them with overwhelming force. The walkers can be brought down in specially-built landing barges or be paradropped in, its under-mounted repulsorjets softening the landing velocity enough to cushion it against the ground.

Model: Mk.171 "Cockroach" Mobile Field Base/Walker Artillery Platform
Crew: 20 (commander, driver, communications crew, gunnery crew)
Height: 25 meters (mortars retracted)
Length: 75 meters
Mass: 910 tons
Number produced: in excess of two million (one per division, plus replacements)
Powerplant: Ultracompact Tokamak Reactor, output 400 GW
Armour: Titanium Theta
Armaments: 2 x 28cm Particle Projector Cannons, output 120 gigawatts; 2 x 880mm Linear Cannons; 2 x 68cm Mortars, retractable; 10 x 380mm Casemate Rifles; 60 x 155mm Twin Howitzers; 3 x ten-tube SAM pods; 20 x Forward VLS cells, surface attack missiles; 50 x Rear VLS cells, short-range ballistic missiles; 60 x Computer-Controlled 30mm CIWS, retractable; 100 x Computer-Controlled 12.7mm machine-guns, retractable.
Troop capacity: One Divisional Staff Battalion, consisting of 1 Rifle Company and 1 Staff Company in forward compartment, plus 1 Panzer Company, 1 Medical Company, and 1 Signals Company in rear compartment; total of 500 soldiers, five Mk.50 Main Battle Tanks, ten Mk.35 Infantry Fighting Vehicles, ten Mk.14 Utility Trucks, five Mk.48 Mobile Assault Guns, two Mk.21 Reconnaissance Vehicles, six Mk.9 Field Ambulances, and two Mk.70 Command and Communications Trucks.