Alternate History Combat Aircraft

ZXYU47J.png

It's probably the direction most would go, since it still follows classical German designs from OTL.
Now with either post war peace or (again remaining Weimar for my Weimarboo heart) remaining peace, would there be enough research in material and enough resources for the T-top tail of the Ta-183? I remember that the material in OTL were too advance to allow such a tail to work during the mid 40s.
Well these alt Heinkel jets are from an alternate timeline where Udet was not in charge of research and development and the Germans took a strong lead in jet aircraft development early in the war and win after a stalemate so the last plane I drew, (lets call it the Focke Wulf Fw. Ta. 223) is a post war design and the resources were available.

Heinkel He-300
Heinkel He-300 sml.png

Heinkel's first post war jet fighter, entering service in 1947 the He-300 incorporated most of the lessons learned during the war.

Heinkel He-300
View attachment 874343
Heinkel's first post war jet fighter, entering service in 1947 the He-300 incorporated most of the lessons learned during the war.
Not in the same timeline as the He-202 one, right?
Seems more like that Heinkel tried to one up the Me-262.
Reminds me of the HG-III, would it have been build so that we have 2 very similar looking aircraft? Kinda like Mig and Sukhoi.

Again, questioning the plausibility of those tails during the mid to late 40s.

Not in the same timeline as the He-202 one, right?
Seems more like that Heinkel tried to one up the Me-262.
Reminds me of the HG-III, would it have been build so that we have 2 very similar looking aircraft? Kinda like Mig and Sukhoi.

Again, questioning the plausibility of those tails during the mid to late 40s.
Yes it is part of the same timeline, Heinkel wanted to make the most advanced and fastest fighter they could and use all the knowledge gained during the war, they borrowed from Messerschmitt, Focke Wulf and Blohm und Voss with the help of the Nazi hierarchy who forced the other companies to cooperate.

Yes it is part of the same timeline, Heinkel wanted to make the most advanced and fastest fighter they could and use all the knowledge gained during the war, they borrowed from Messerschmitt, Focke Wulf and Blohm und Voss with the help of the Nazi hierarchy who forced the other companies to cooperate.
Wouldn't it be more aerodynamic to fuse the engines into the wings like in the HG III?

Wouldn't it be more aerodynamic to fuse the engines into the wings like in the HG III?
Theoretically, yes, but the major issue there would be figuring out how to route the main wing-spar around the jet engine and its intake path, while keeping the engines mostly external to the wing structure simplifies engineering and can potentially reduce structural weight (due to the wing not needing to have a spar that goes around the engine and intake duct, which is pretty much guaranteed to be at least somewhat longer and more complex in shape). And, of course, there's also maintenance advantages to not needing to completely open up the wing structure to get at the engine for repairs/replacement.

Theoretically, yes, but the major issue there would be figuring out how to route the main wing-spar around the jet engine and its intake path, while keeping the engines mostly external to the wing structure simplifies engineering and can potentially reduce structural weight (due to the wing not needing to have a spar that goes around the engine and intake duct, which is pretty much guaranteed to be at least somewhat longer and more complex in shape). And, of course, there's also maintenance advantages to not needing to completely open up the wing structure to get at the engine for repairs/replacement.
You know, with being bigger than the He-202 from the looks of it and having 2 engines...
Would it be out of the window to propose to have the He-300 as an interceptor/bomber and the He-202 as a normal fighter?

You know, with being bigger than the He-202 from the looks of it and having 2 engines...
Would it be out of the window to propose to have the He-300 as an interceptor/bomber and the He-202 as a normal fighter?
The He-300 is a propaganda tool, the British the US and the Soviets are all putting new jet fighters into service and using ideas that originated in Germany during the war.
Rolls Royce is ahead in the field of jet engine technology and helping out the Soviets and the US is also not far behind.

There is no longer a war going on but a new one could start at anytime and the Germans are try their best to stay ahead of the game and making the Allies think they still are.

I honestly hadn't thought too much about the advantages of mounting the engines to the fuselage but I did think it would make things simpler and that for once the Germans decided not to overcomplicate things.

I thank you for your explanation you wrote here, I'm really not that learned in the technical matters of aero engineering which is why I usually don't go into great detail about these things because I'd probably get a lot wrong. :happyblush