Alternate History Combat Aircraft

Focke Wul Fw-199 Blitz
Fw blitz.png

Interesting. The twin-boom layout reminds me a little bit of their FW 189 reconnaisance plane - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_189_Uhu

Do you have a story of how this ended up being built? I saw this in the wiki article:
In addition, Focke-Wulf used this airframe in response to a tender request by the RLM for a dedicated ground-attack airplane, and later submitted an armored version for trials. However, the Henschel Hs 129 was selected instead.
Maybe this is the end result if FW wins that bid.

Interesting. The twin-boom layout reminds me a little bit of their FW 189 reconnaisance plane - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_189_Uhu

Do you have a story of how this ended up being built? I saw this in the wiki article:

Maybe this is the end result if FW wins that bid.
I was inspired by the Fw-189 and the P38 lightning, I like tailboom aircraft and I always thought this configuration would've made a for a good zestorer.
I don't have a background story for this plane but I was thinking that this plane was Focke Wulf's contender for Zestorer program and that it got picked over the Me-110.

Maybe a good story would be that the Fw-199 losses the Zestorer contract but is then improved upon and beats out the Hs-129 and wins the contract for the ground attack plane?

I remember there being a racing conversion of a privately owned P.39 that had two engines like that, but I can't remember the book it was in. Other than that it (allegedly) flew at Reno in the 1950's
I really, really, really, really doubt there was ever a twin engined P-39. There were P-39 and P-63 racers of course, but all single engined

Heinkel He-202
He-200-projekt--$.png

A further development of the He-200.
Took several features from late war Heinkel designs like the He-162 and late war variants and the He-1078.

I noticed the profile pic of the He-202 was a little shorter than the top view pic so I increased the length a bit.

He-200-projekt--$.png

Looks a little sleeker now.

A bit too sleek for my taste
I actually like the first version better too because it doesn't look too advanced but the profile pic was noticeably shorter and when I increased the length it just didn't look right until I gave the rear of the fuselage a downward angle.
I might play with it some more.

How effective it be is my question.
Like Design wise.

It should have been theoretically possible to build it with the tech of 1939, right?
The first flight of the OTL He-178 took place in 1939, I imagined the improved He-200 taking flight in 41 and the He-202 in 44-45.
Had Heinkel received more support and the stupid halt on all experimental projects in 1940 had not been made I believe the He-178 could have been developed into a first rate aircraft but then hindsight is always 20-20.

Pangur

Donor
The first flight of the OTL He-178 took place in 1939, I imagined the improved He-200 taking flight in 41 and the He-202 in 44-45.
Had Heinkel received more support and the stupid halt on all experimental projects in 1940 had not been made I believe the He-178 could have been developed into a first rate aircraft but then hindsight is always 20-20.
When was a jet engine put in the fusalage of an aircraft rather than on wings or on top of the fusal

When was a jet engine put in the fusalage of an aircraft rather than on wings or on top of the fusal
In 1939 on the He-178.
Heinkel_He_178_3-view.svg $$.png

Putting the jet inside the fuselage was actually done before a jet engine was placed on top or in the wings.
I always thought the He-178 had a lot of potential but high ranking Nazis like Udet and Miltch failed utterly to see the potential in the worlds first jet aircraft.

Pangur

Donor
In 1939 on the He-178.
View attachment 873630
Putting the jet inside the fuselage was actually done before a jet engine was placed on top or in the wings.
I always thought the He-178 had a lot of potential but high ranking Nazis like Udet and Miltch failed utterly to see the potential in the worlds first jet aircraft.
Thanks. They got a lot right first go

In 1939 on the He-178.
View attachment 873630
The first British jet also had the engine in the fuselage
IWM-CH14832A_Gloster_E28-39_205210674.jpg

Gloster E.28/39 1941 first British Jet aircraft.

How effective it be is my question.
Like Design wise.

It should have been theoretically possible to build it with the tech of 1939, right?
Well, design wise it looks almost like the Fiat G.91 from 1966, so I guess it's as effective as a 1970's NATO fighter using 1940's avionics