Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ stop it with Manchin the most right leanding democrat that could realistically win a dem primary is Warner or McCatskill and only those two have a big enough profile and experience to even qualify for running.
Warner is pushing it but he could have won had the Dems lost in 2008 barely prehapse even with an EC PV split of 1-3 points and The Nominee being Clinton with a vp as Vislack or Bahy ... then maybe the financial collapse is delayed a bit via butterflies to hit in mid November and not September like in OTL you could see McCain's vp is fr montana Gov Judy Martz
270 Clinton 268 or so big then the Dems have a MASSIVE tea party - Ocuppy movement that leads to a blue tide wave in 2010 with 25+ dem searts
you could see a Warner vs a big time progressive in the primary of 2012 maybe even sanders I'll make a TL of this later as well

IMG_8388.jpg
IMG_8387.jpg
2012 as 1912

Better Choice

United States general election, 1998

Al Gore's term was great, and no surprise is in his reappointment as the Chancellor. New parties was founded in 1994-1998: Liberal (WOS analogue for states outside the South, co-nominated Gore), Taxpayers' Party (paleocons and hard-right who left Conservatives) and Green Party (radical and more populist analogue of Progressives, led by Ralph Nader).

Congress of the States
(at-large, number based on population)
1998_elections.png

436 seats, 219 to get majority
Liberal (Al Gore, WOS-TN) - 149 seats (+149)
Workers of South (Al Gore, WOS-TN) - 146 seats (+42)
Moderate (John McCain, M-AZ) - 51 seats (-148)
Progressives (Bernie Sanders, P-VT) - 44 seats (-12)
Conservative (Orrin Hatch, C-UT) - 25 seats (+16)
Taxpayers' (Terry Everett, T-AL) - 8 seats (+8)
Reform Coalition (Webb Sullivan, RC-MT) - 7 seats (-61)
Green (Ralph Nader, G-CT) - 6 seats (+6)
Ruling coalition: L-WOS (295 seats)

Federal Senate
(at-large, two seats per state)
1998_elections_senate.png

102 seats, 52 to get majority

Workers of the South (Bill Clinton, WOS-AR) - 29 seats (+1)
Liberal (Bill Clinton, WOS-AR) - 23 seats (+23)
Conservative (George W. Bush, C-TX) - 16 seats (+2)
Progressives (Barbara Boxer, P-CA) - 14 seats (-7)
Moderate (Lincoln Chaffee, M-RI) - 11 seats (-19)
Taxpayers' (Pat Buchanan, T-VA) - 7 seats (+7)
Reform Coalition (Angus King, RC-ME) - 2 seats (-7)
Ruling coalition: L-WOS (52 seats)

Most important figures in the Government:
Federal Chancellor: Al Gore (WOS-TN)
Speaker of the HoS: Harry Reid (L-NV)
President of the Senate: Bill Clinton (WOS-AR)

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Hillary Clinton (L-NY)
Minister of Finances: Lloyd Bentsen (WOS-TX)
Minister of Defense: Joe Lieberman (L-CT)

Better Choice

United States general election, 1998

Al Gore's term was great, and no surprise is in his reappointment as the Chancellor. New parties was founded in 1994-1998: Liberal (WOS analogue for states outside the South, co-nominated Gore), Taxpayers' Party (paleocons and hard-right who left Conservatives) and Green Party (radical and more populist analogue of Progressives, led by Ralph Nader).

I like where this series is headed, I'll be interested to see what you do for the 2010s!

I'm curious, could anyone make a county map for what 1964 might have looked like if Johnson had stayed silent on racial issues until after the election?

Would he have won all 50 states, or would this have caused Goldwater to do better in the traditionally GOP West?

JahfS1d.png

A rather implausible county map for a Democratic landslide in 2020. I'm not sure what causes these results, but I can only assume that "Johanson" is a modern Dixiecrat and his running mate is some ultra popular Mormon Democrat from Utah... also Trump shoots a man on 5th Avenue the weekend before the election.

I'm curious, could anyone make a county map for what 1964 might have looked like if Johnson had stayed silent on racial issues until after the election?

Would he have won all 50 states, or would this have caused Goldwater to do better in the traditionally GOP West?

Goldwater may have eeked by in the GOP West and maybe keep staunchly GOP Vermont.

View attachment 342221 2018 Virginia Senate race

The old Confederacy vs the New MidAtlantic
Democrat Tim Kaine 48.3%
Republican Corey Stewart 45.7%
Libertarian 6%
I expect this race to mirror the 2016 nation election and to be consumed by identity politics particularly between the new vision of the South and the old one. Charlettsville and Trumo play massively into the race. Northen Virgina gives Kaine upwards of 80% of the vote while central rural and far western virgina give Stewart up to 75% of the vote of more. Basicly Tump vs Clinton only no pesky EC to screw things up. Also I have the Libertarian a good chunk of the vote as they have done very well as a third party in state elections in VA I imagine a good 10-20% of republicans that vote go third party while another 15-20% go for Kaine and Republican turn out in urban and suburban areas is down nearly 25-30% from the 2016-2017 average. I'll make a govonor election for 2017 next and I imagine this one will be with in a single point although not as extream in terms of county margins so I might do a gradation for that later today.

Kaine's seat is already lean to Likely D vs a generic Republican, versus someone like Stewart, he easily wins by at least 15%.

While that's true in a prefect universe strewart could also modivate republicans in opposition to cultural issues ... and I think it I'll be pretty close actually Kaine will win but if Stewart is the republican nominee it will be closer. After all virgina only whent 5 or so points to Clinton against trump...
QUOTE="Tex Arkana, post: 15577242, member: 100321"]Kaine's seat is already lean to Likely D vs a generic Republican, versus someone like Stewart, he easily wins by at least 15%.[/QUOTE]

2018 Wisconsin senate election
D Tammy Baldwin 50.6%
R Scott Fitzgerald 47.6%
Dem hold
Dem win +3%

Attachments

• IMG_8404.jpg
    IMG_8404.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 172
Goldwater may have eeked by in the GOP West and maybe keep staunchly GOP Vermont.
But that's Johnson stays away from Civil rights not Goldwater stays away Goldwater was still WAY to right wing libertarian and anti east cost so much so then he lost nearly 44 states and that was in 1964 ! I can imagine Johnson would have taken every state but maybe Arizona still barely going for their home Senator.

But that's Johnson stays away from Civil rights not Goldwater stays away Goldwater was still WAY to right wing libertarian and anti east cost so much so then he lost nearly 44 states and that was in 1964 ! I can imagine Johnson would have taken every state but maybe Arizona still barely going for their home Senator.

Johnson being meh on Civil rights means he's not going to rip into Goldwater for voting against the CRA and labeling him as a racist. So while Goldwater performs worse in Mississippi and the Deep South, he gets a better result in the North and Rocky mountain states where they were very Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.