Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really isn't a coherent scenario, tbh. Also I'm thinking my state map is slightly off - Texas almost definitely goes D here since the Democrat is winning a large number of rural counties + Dallas, Harris, Bexar, Travis, and Fort Bend.
I see. Also, since people have talked about your Atlas signature, why do you have it? It does seem somewhat strange....

What's his atlas signature? Curious now.
This:
151130387513327.png

I thought it was Tex IRL at first in all honesty
x'Dx'Dx'D
Getting back on topic, here's an idea I had:
Nixon wins in 1960 and passes the CRA and VRA, causing blacks to return to the GOP, and in 1964 he faces George Wallace. Nixon wins a landslide similar to LBJ's landslide IOTL. Nixon also wins over 80% of the black vote - although very few Southern blacks actually turnout to vote. Despite walloping Wallace in the popular vote, Nixon only wins 395 EV due to Wallace's stubbornly pro-segregation and anti-civil rights base in the Deep South turning out bigly for him.

genusmap.php

Richard Nixon (R-CA)/Henry Cabot Lodge (R-MA) 66% Popular Vote 395 Electoral Votes
George Wallace (D-AL)/Happy Chandler (D-KY) 32% Popular Vote 143 Electoral Votes

So something I've been working on, based on this country from a timeline of mine. I was kinda glad of making something in this timeline, I hadn't worked for it in a long while.

The parliamentary constituencies for the Pacific Union, a weird country created by a Concert of Europe compromise between the kings of Germany, France and the United Kingdom to create a united country for the Pacific islands. The Pacific Union was conformed as a federal parliamentary triarchy: with the approportionment being figured through a combination of population, political importance, and (especially in the case of Nauru) a bit of bribing.

The Pacific Union is made up of 31 autonomous archipelagos and islands, each with a certain amount of representation in the 140-member Pacific Congress.

I still haven't figured out what the political system will be like, but I'm really proud of how this turned out: I had to trace most of the smaller islands and I think it ended up pretty well.

9800e524b5041872c61bfe8a359de760-dbxa7r1.png

x'Dx'Dx'D
Getting back on topic, here's an idea I had:
Nixon wins in 1960 and passes the CRA and VRA, causing blacks to return to the GOP, and in 1964 he faces George Wallace. Nixon wins a landslide similar to LBJ's landslide IOTL. Nixon also wins over 80% of the black vote - although very few Southern blacks actually turnout to vote. Despite walloping Wallace in the popular vote, Nixon only wins 395 EV due to Wallace's stubbornly pro-segregation and anti-civil rights base in the Deep South turning out bigly for him.

genusmap.php

Richard Nixon (R-CA)/Henry Cabot Lodge (R-MA) 66% Popular Vote 395 Electoral Votes
George Wallace (D-AL)/Happy Chandler (D-KY) 32% Popular Vote 143 Electoral Votes
There was a similar premise on here, somewhere, with the Republicans gaining back the black vote, and Democrats returning to their previous status as the "Southern" Party. This map, I think, is a good visual depiction of such a scenario. I assume Wallace breaks 80% in Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.