Votes: 50 67.6%
  • Mostly but it could be better

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Some parts are good but mostly not

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
How was the House of Bourbon-Grimaldi created?

Does Ferdinand still become Tsar of Bulgaria?

What’s going on with the Åland Islands?

What is the tiny microstate on the island of Sardinia?

What was the first royal wedding to be televised, Albish or otherwise?

What's happening with Miskita?

Who is current longest reigning monarch that is living?

When will (hopefully) the third and last part of the Imperial Kingdoms update come out?

How was the House of Bourbon-Grimaldi created?
Quite similarly to how the House of Habsburg-Lorrained was created in OTL, actually.

A basic run-through of the house is that, unlike OTL, the French Bourbons lasted much longer, with Henry V having children with his ITTL wife, Marie Antoinette "II" of France (ITTL daughter of Marie-Thérèse, the eldest daughter and child of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette "I").
The comparison to the Hapsburgs comes with the ITTL added generations, as they had a mix of bad luck on the genetics department and a lack of males, with Marie Antoinette "II" having two surviving sisters while she and Henry V had a total of five surviving children, of whom only one (posthumously recognized as "Charles XI of France") was male.
Charles XI was an ill man mostly known for gaining the title of "Co-Prince of Andorra" in the aftermath of WWI (which was passed from the Head of State of France to the seniormost heir of Henry IV), who only had one son, Louis IV Alphonse[1] of Provence (also known as "Louis XX of France") who, again due to bad luck, was wracked by congenital diseases inherited from his father and only had a pair of twin daughters.
Said daughters, in turn, were made his heirs of Provence and Andorra, and both married minor members of the House of Grimaldi, creating the House of Bourbon-Grimaldi together.

[1] The Provencal Monarchy only counts the rulers of the Kingdom of Lower Burgundy (also known as the "Kingdom of Provence") from between 855 and 933 when counting its monarchs

Interestingly, ITTL most Legitimists recognize the Orleans Branch of the House of Bourbon as beign the legitimate heirs to the French Throne, as unlike OTL relations between the branches of the French Bourbons were mended (mainly through marriages)
Does Ferdinand still become Tsar of Bulgaria?
Nope, ITTL it was Kirill Vladmirovich of Russia who gained the Bulgarian throne.
Ferdinand ITTL became known for being Belgium's first Prince Consort, as although he married Princess Marie Louise of Bourbon-Parma as his first wife like OTL, unlike OTL he, due to living at the Hapsburg court most of the time, ended up remarrying for love in 1902 to the 22-years-younger Archduchess Marie Stéphanie of Austria, who in 1907 became heiress to the Belgian throne.
What’s going on with the Åland Islands?
The are an autonomous part of Finland, similar to OTL. Unlike OTL they are marked for having a markedly different government from mainland Finland.
So, @Analytical Engine, here's another place were the government is both a monarchy and a republic, as the Aland Islands are a fully fledged presidential republic that also recognizes the Finnish monarch as its ruler
What is the tiny microstate on the island of Sardinia?
Thats the Kingdom of Tavolara, which is a fully fledged microstate ITTL
What was the first royal wedding to be televised, Albish or otherwise?
In first royal wedding to have any part filmed was the marriage of the future Emperor Heny and Mary of Teck (as one of her brothers was acquainted with the wife of Louis Le Prince, and bought his technology after the man disappeared in 1890), with the couple's leaving of Westminster Abbey being recorded.
The first royal wedding to be filmed from start to finish was the marriage of Tsesarevich Alexander (future Alexander II) of Alyaska to Princess Saraphine of Oregon in 1925.
And the first royal wedding to be televised was the marriage of Crown Prince Reginald Kamehameha of Hawaii (future Kamehameha IX) to Princess Beatrice Keanolani Robinson-Astor in 1951
What's happening with Miskita?
This one is complicated enough for me to have plans to do an entire post on the matter, but a simplified version is:

"Unlike OTL, Albion decided to remain with the Miskito Kingdom as a protectorate, backing the establishment of the country of Miskita/Miskitia. Because of that, Nicaragua, which had already claimed the Miskito territory for a long while, was rather "miffed" and the wound has festered ever since the 19th century, with the Nicaragua canal only making things more tense.
In modern times, Nicaragua still remains claiming almost the entirety of Miskita's territory as being "a rightful component of the suzerain lands of Nicaragua" and the two countries have been in three wars over the decades, the last one resulting on Nicaragua losing entirely its control over the canal, and are currently on a situation that is a middle point between Modern Korea and 1960s Vietnam"
Who is current longest reigning monarch that is living?
Of a sovereing state or of a subsidiary/constituent monarchy? Because if its the latter then I can answer, if its the former then I (and I feel a bit ackward admitting that) have no certainty at the moment (although I'm hedging my bets at the monarch of Najran)
The longest-reigning current monarch of a subsidiary/constituent monarchy is someone who has already appeared on this TL: Victoria II of Sierra Leone, who has ruled since June 2nd, 1952 (the Emir of Ras Al Khaiman loses to her by only a few weeks)
When will (hopefully) the third and last part of the Imperial Kingdoms update come out?
I'm hoping to post it by the first week of November

What territories do the Franconian and Swbian Branches of the House of Hohenzollern rule?
Although the way I wrote it on the dynasties map makes it seem (at least to me) like there are many of them, the (Non-Brandenburger) Franconian and the Swabian branches of the Hohenzollerns are actually few (in special on the matter of rulers), with them being rulers of:

- Neuchatel, whose ruling dynasty are the morganatic descendants of Christian Friedrich, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach and Brandenburg-Kulmbach, the last non-Prussian agnate of the Franconian Hohenzollenrs
- Burgundy (constituent state of Germany), whose rulers are a junior branch of the Neuchatel Hohenzollerns
and - Upper Silesia (constituent state of Germany), whose rulers are the head branch of the Sigmaringen branch of the Swabian Hohenzollerns (and through that are also the heads of the Swabian branches)

There are two states that cognatically are of the Swabian Hohenzollerns, though:
- Moresnet, whose rulers where actually the heads of the Swabian Hohenzollerns through being the ITTL continuation of the Hohenzollern-Hechingen branch (even holding the title of "Princes of Hohenzollern"). The Hohenzollern-Hechingen branch, though, ended up dying on the male line in 1957, with the current rulers of Moresnet being agnatic Hohenzollerns through the Brandenburg-Prussian/Imperial branch of the dynasty while the leadership of the Swabian branch of the Hohenzollerns fell to the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringens
and - Romania, whose ruling house is descended from the daughter of Carol I, who OTL survived to adulthood, and are cognatic descendants of the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen branch of the Swabians

What is Ferdinand notable for if he's not King of Romania?

Did Emperor Norton have descendents, and if so, did they marry any monarchs?

Did Wilhelmina of the Netherlands remarry after the death of Maurice?

What was the first coronation to be filmed/televised, Albish or otherwise?

Have there been any monarchs that started their reigns when they were newborns?

Did Victoria ever have great-great-grandchildren during her lifetime?

What are the most recent monarchies that have been created?

What are the most recent royal houses that have gone extinct?

Sorry for the wait on the answer, yesterday I was occupied
What is Ferdinand notable for if he's not King of Romania?
I almost caused myself a "plot-hole" because I forgot about what I had decided for Ferdinand's ITTL fate. So... (and @Records, my answer to your question about the territories of the Swabian and Franconian Hohenzollerns is now incomplete, here's the rest)

Ferdinand, unlike OTL, marries the ITTL Grand Duchess Viktoria of Russia, becoming the closest thing to house husband you could have in the late-19th/early-20th centuries. So, ITTL he does become a monarch, but a consort to his wife who became ruler of Livonia in the aftermath of WWI. The House of Hohenzollern-Romanov, is, in turn, aganatically descended from the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (outside of the Courland branch, who agnatically is of the House of Biron, who served as Dukes of Courland and Semigallia OTL from 1763 to 1795)
Did Emperor Norton have descendents, and if so, did they marry any monarchs?
Norton does have descendants, and they can call the Rotschilds of La Marche and Golan their cousins.
Sorry for the short answer, you made me decided to make an update about Norton so I'm leaving most things vague for the moment
Did Wilhelmina of the Netherlands remarry after the death of Maurice?
Wilhelmina did have companions and paramours over the years but never remarried
What was the first coronation to be filmed/televised, Albish or otherwise?
As far as I can remember, the first coronation to be recorded in film ITTL was that of Nicholas II of Russia
Have there been any monarchs that started their reigns when they were newborns?
There are two monarchs ITTL that I remember as starting their reigns as newborns or infants (not including those who did so like in OTL, I'm looking at you Alphonso XIII, you posthumous child who inherited the throne literally upon birth):
- The previously-mentioned Prince of Liechtenstein, who was only two-and-a-half months old when he became prince (his father is actually alive, Liechtenstein politics are a bit complicated at the moment)
- The current King/Grand Prince of Estonia, who was born in March 1987 and inherited the throne by April
Did Victoria ever have great-great-grandchildren during her lifetime?
Yes, she did. If the OTL Queen Victoria had lived to her ITTL death she would already be capable of meeting her eldest great grandchildren (two Princesses of Greece and Denmark and two Princes of Prussia), and the ITTL empress is on the same situation. She didn't meet most of them, but she was capable of living to see a few of them
What are the most recent monarchies that have been created?
If it is in general, then it is probably the Imperial Kingdom of Belize, since it was created in 2015. If it is entirely independent monarchies then I'm entirely not certain
What are the most recent royal houses that have gone extinct?
Much like OTL most of the royal dynasties of the world have remained alive but branches have gone extinct. A matter that only makes things more difficult is names, since some families have died aganatically but not on name (the House of Windsor set a precedent to other house, in special among the Albish Empire) and some have become exctinct agnatically only in the sense that their main branch died out but continued through a woman who married a cousin of the same house.

But, nonetheless, there are few (besides the ones already mentioned/shown on this thread (Hohenzollern-Hechingen, Legitimist Bourbons, Belgian Saxe-Coburgs, etc.) houses that have become extinct in some manner, with the most recent one, if my memory doesn't fail me, being the Brooke Dynasty of Sarawak, who died on the male line in the ealry 2000s. An addendun I feel the need to make is on the Royal House of Saxony, of the Wettins, as although they will retain the name, the branch's main and royal line will die on the male line with its next generation, although since the Crown Princess of Saxony is married to another Wettin the name of the house will remain the same

Why is one of the regions of Aragon a lighter shade?

Why do the Caribbean territories of the Netherlands and the Nordic Federation have darker shades of their mother countries colors?

Who is the longest lived descendent of Victoria that had hemophilia?

Any mircostates in the Americas besides the Beaver Islands?

What was the first royal funeral to be filmed/televised, Albish or otherwise?

What territory does the House of Joiville-Braganza rule?

Was Carlos V allowed to stay as King of Spain?

Any royal houses that didn't go extinct in this timeline?

How many of Victoria's descendents that were born during her lifetime became centenarians (besides Margaret, Empress of Brazil)?

Why is one of the regions of Aragon a lighter shade?
That's the Principality of Rosselló i Cerdanya (or just Roussillon), which is an autonomous part of Aragon created with the kingdom during the aftermath of WWII; unlike the rest of Aragon it recognizes Occittan as an equally official language and its nominally under the rule of the heir of the Aragonese monarchy (whose main title is now "Prince of Girona, Rosselló i Cerdanya")
Why do the Caribbean territories of the Netherlands and the Nordic Federation have darker shades of their mother countries colors?
The darker colors represent that the territory is a unique component of their country in a way, generally meaning that they work more autonomously/are member states instead of provinces/less autonomous subdivisions. For example:
- The Netherlander Caribbean territories are de facto autonomous members states in a relationship with The Hague similar to that of Albish viceroyalties with London (and some theorize about them being granted regional Stadtholders/Princes from the House of Orange in the future)
- The Danish Virgin Islands are an autonomous state within Denmark itself (being the only one of their kind in the Nordic Federation), being a principality nominally (or directly, if varies) ruled by the Danish/Nordic Crown Prince
- and Guadeloupe is a autonomous part of Sweden, which has become de facto independent as a semi-direct parliamentary republic (although the islands' inhabitants do seem to love the Swedish Royal Family, who have a nominal Viceroy there)
Who is the longest lived descendent of Victoria that had hemophilia?
That is a question I am actually incapable of answering right now (mainly because to answer that I need to make a semi-complete genealogy of Empress Victoria and that would make answering this take a rather long while since I have moronicaly postponed making said genealogy until now)
Any mircostates in the Americas besides the Beaver Islands?
Not if you don't count those that have already been written about (outside of the Beaver Islands, Massachussetts is considered a microstate, and Nevada and Yellowstone are considered as being "sort-of-microstates" due to how they function)
What was the first royal funeral to be filmed/televised, Albish or otherwise?
This one is actually just like OTL: Empress Victoria's funeral was partially filmed
What territory does the House of Joiville-Braganza rule?
They're the rulers of Gabon
Was Carlos V allowed to stay as King of Spain?
The possibility was thrown around for a bit in the aftermath of WWII after it became widely understood that Carlos V had neither a direct involvement, tacit approvel or even a real understanding of what was happening on Autocratic Spain (seeing as how he was developmentally stunted and had the mental coherence of a 5-year-old; insterestingly, his brain injury didn't actually permanently stop him from developing mentally, it just slowed down his progress in a manner that saw him reach the mental faculties of a teenager when he was on his early 30s). In end, though, it was agreed by the Axis powers to have him abdicate in name of his sister, who became Isabel III, who had already been his primary caretaker and now de facto adopted him.
Carlos V is still alive in 2020, actually, and lives a relatively secluded life on a country estate near Madrid with his sister (she abdicated later on to her children), he's by now mentally an adult (if a bit of a "manchild").
Any royal houses that didn't go extinct in this timeline?
Well, there are a few royal/noble houses that have survived or are doing much better ITTL, a list of a few of them is (which, BTW, includes a few non-ruling dynasties that I decided were interesting to mention):
- The royal (in specific) House of Obrenovic is alive an well instead of having died in name in 1933 with a first cousin-twice-removed of Alexander I of Serbia
- The Swedish Holstein-Gottorps have survived, as ITTL Gustav IV Adolf's son had children with surviving offspring (although by now they have been for a rather long time in Lebanon)
- As previously mentioned, the Sikh Imperial Family is still alive instead of becoming extinct in the early 20th century
- Although they haven't gone extinct in OTL, the Shah dynasty of Nepal hasn't gone through anything similar to the OTL royal massacre
- Although not even in OTL they are extinct, ITTL the House of Borgijin has a relatively easier time tracing its family tree from Ghengis to current times since they haven't faced as much of communism
- Similarly to the above, the main line of the Ming Imperial Family haven't sort-of-disappeared in the years following the end of the Chinese Dynastic System
- Various branches of the Japanese Imperial Family who died-out in the late 19th and ealry 20th centuries in OTL are still alive both in name and in direct lineage
- Although both haven't died out genetically OTL, both the Solomonid and Imerina Dynasties are much easier to trace ITTL
- The Portuguese Braganzas haven't died-out
- Various Polynesian royal houses (like the House of Kamehameha and the Royal House of Easter Island) have also survived ITTL
- and, the only one on this "list" to have a pre-pod change, the Tay Son Dynasty of VIetnam lasted in exile for a bit, and later became rulers of Champa before becoming extinct on the male line (it's a sort-of-confusing story)
How many of Victoria's descendents that were born during her lifetime became centenarians (besides Margaret, Empress of Brazil)?
Like the comment about hemophilia, I'm going to need to make (or remake, I did have an incomplete family tree but it is such an old version it is out of synk with the rest of the TL by now) the full family tree to answer this question. So, I must curse and thank you for making me see how the lack of a complete family tree is a hindrance and causing me to decide to finally do it

Like the comment about hemophilia, I'm going to need to make (or remake, I did have an incomplete family tree but it is such an old version it is out of synk with the rest of the TL by now) the full family tree to answer this question. So, I must curse and thank you for making me see how the lack of a complete family tree is a hindrance and causing me to decide to finally do it
Thanks, and I also have created some fan-made family trees for this timeline that might help you.

What happened to Saxe-Laurenburg that caused it to be ruled by the German Emperor again?

What is the most watched royal funeral?

What’s happening with Timor-Leste?

How is George, the King Father related to the rest of the royal family of Cyprus?

How did the Port Arthur monarchy came to be?

What territories are ruled by Napoleonic branches of the House of Bonaparte besides Corsica?

Who were the Carlist claimants until the recreation of Navarre in 1959?

What is Luis, Duke of Porto known for if he is not King of Portugal?

What happened in 1924 that caused Françesku I of Berat to drop his claim to the Duchy of Modena and Reggio?

What happened to Saxe-Laurenburg that caused it to be ruled by the German Emperor again?
I may be understanding your question wrong, admitedly, but if you're asking why Saxe-Lauenburg doesn't appear in the world map in page 1, the answer is that: Changes in the internal divisions of Germany through the 20th century, and in special in the aftermath of WWII, resulted on most of the member states of the German Empire being "mediatized", by which I mean they stopped being first-level subdivisions and became a mix of official and ceremonial entities within the empire's provinces whose authority and autonomy is a complicated issue.

Ever since ITTL 1876, when Eric VI was granted the duchy by his grandfather, Saxe-Lauenburg has remained under the rule of his branch of the Hohenzollern Dynasty, and has never returned to beign a "direct" domain of the German Emperor (I mean, it is a member state of the German Empire, so the emperor rules over it, but the title of "Duke of Lauenburg" isn't one of the titles of the German Emperor, although he does have the title of "Herzfürst von Sachsenwald", a title created during that poker match by Eric VI so "grandpa won't feel bad about losing his duchy" that is meant to translate as "Prince-Duke". Somewhat hilariously that drunkenly-created title ended up being seriously used by the German Emperors when giving noble titles to subjects which they felt deserved the highest honor avaliable, being considered above the title of a "Titular Duke" but bellow that of a "Reigning Duke"
What is the most watched royal funeral?
Well, from 2002 to 2015 the most watched royal funeral was that of Anastasia, Princess of Wales, while Empress Jessamine in 2015 and then Empress Eleanor that same year beat her by only a fraction of a percentage
What’s happening with Timor-Leste?
To make a long story short, Portuguese Timor became an autonomous state within Portugal as the country went through decolonization. Around the same time, West Timor, which broke from Indonesia under a far-right military dictatorship and invaded Timor-Leste in the ambition of uniting the island and under the (somewhat deranged) assumption that Portugal wouldn't do anything about it.
They assumed wrong and Portugal came to the rescue, although the suddeness of the invasion caused said rescue to come only when West-Timor's dicatorship was already 40% of the way through a genocide of Timor-Leste's christian population.
The war ended up lasting two excruciating years, with Portugal enacting a 'punitive' bombing campaign in West-Timor soon after the news of the genocide came through and the Portuguese government electing to pay back by conquering West-Timor on its entirety.
Sadly for the Portuguese, the fact that Timor-Leste had been laid waste and that the West-Timor military soon fell to guerilla warfare as Portugal invaded resulted on the country deciding to cut its losses after taking an admitedly-good chunk of WT, just turning around, fortifying its new borders and working on rebuilding Timor-Leste while West-Timor's dictators planned to lick their wounds but ended up with their war-torn country falling into a post-apocalyptic civil war.

The war was never officially ended, and although West-Timor's post-civil war government ended up being a much more moderate one (for a semi-ludite one-party state) pride and disinterest have meant that the two sides of the island have remained on a nominal stalemate ever since the conflict's de facto end.
How is George, the King Father related to the rest of the royal family of Cyprus?
George's father, Archduke Maurice of Cyprus, was the youngest son of Alexander I
How did the Port Arthur monarchy came to be?
Port Arthur (in modern times ITTL more commonly known as "Ryojun") gained an autonomous local monarch in the 1980s, being the last of the autonomous monarchies within Japan.
At the time Port Arthur was in a state of semi-controlled chaos due to boiling ethnic tensions, rise in organized and disorganized crime, infighting and factionalism within the political class and civil servants, and interference by Kuomitang China (the remnant), with the "semi-controlled" part of the chaos being that there wasn't actually open warfare on the streets (although some characterize the era as being "a silent civil war"
Seeing as how giving a local monarchy and relatively-high autonomy had worked relatively well both in Ijoko and the Carolinas, the japanese government saw the move as being the best bet in possibly dealing with the problems in Port Arthur, hoping that a hereditary monarch would serve both as an unifying figure for the people and government and have no distractions from doing their work (in the sense of not having to worry about their future career like elected politicians).
It ended up working in the end, even if it took years of hard work
What territories are ruled by Napoleonic branches of the House of Bonaparte besides Corsica?
Yeah, sorry 'bout that.
So, as you may have noticed, you can't actually find any other Napoleonic (by which I mean those branches born from the siblings of the OG Napoleon, even I ended up confused about what I meant with that) branches of the Bonapartes on the dynasties map.
Because I forgot to actually color them on the map
(I'm screaming now)

Now, returning your question.
Besides Corsica there are four territories ruled by Napoleonic branches of the Bonaparte Dynasty, three of them being parts of a larger country. These are:
- Raetia (known also as "New Raetia", "Montagnes" or "Udzungwa"), the only country on this list.
- Nakhichevan, which is a member-state of Armenia
- and Deseado and Merania, which are provinces of Patagonia

Interestingly all of those branches descend from Jérome-Napoléon Bonaparte, King of Westphalia, with the Deseado branch descending from the American branch of the Bonaparts while the other three are from the children from Jérôme's second marriage to a princess of Württemberg
Who were the Carlist claimants until the recreation of Navarre in 1959?
ITTL the line of Carlist claimants goes like this:

1. Carlos, Count of Molina (1788-1855) - Carlos V - Claimant from 1833 to 1845 - Begun this whole mess, abdicated
2. Carlos, Count of Montemolin (1818-1861) - Carlos VI - Claimant from 1845 to 1861 - son
3. Juan, Count of Montizón (1822-1891) - Juan III - Claimant from 1861 to 1868 - brother
4. Carlos, Duke of Madrid (1848-1905) - Carlos VII - Claimant from 1868 to 1905 - son
Carlos' eldest son, Luis (1870-1933), recognized the sucession of Isabella II 1893 and was officially made Duke of Madrid as a peer, grandson married Isabella III of Spain
5. Felipe, Duke of Madrid (1876-1944) - Felipe VI - Claimant from 1905 to 1944 - son
6. Jaime, Duke of Madrid (1907-1945) - Jaime III - Claimant from 1944 to 1945 - son
7. Carlos, Duke of Madrid (1932-1956) - Carlos VIII - Claimant from 1945 to 1956 - son
8. Enrique, Duke of Madrid (1937-XXXX) - Enrique V - Claimant from 1945 to 1956 - brother
What is Luis, Duke of Porto known for if he is not King of Portugal?
Besides his tenure as his niece's regent, Luis is mostly known for his passion for oceanography and marine biology, which is in great part remembered through his funding of one of the world's first aquariums and the tale of how he spent almost five years stranded on an island in the pacific after shipwrecking during a scientific expedition in the 1890s
What happened in 1924 that caused Françesku I of Berat to drop his claim to the Duchy of Modena and Reggio?
Simply speaking, he didn't drop it, he passed it down.
With the end of WWI, Venetia (now renamed Venetia-Lombardy) annexed most of the Pó River valley. Giuseppe I, seeing as how his kingdom's new territory included (if not all) most of the territories of the duchies of Parma and Modena & Reggio, and being the father-in-law or close friend of their respective claimants, offered to recreate the duchies in some level.
The claimant of Parma, being Giuseppe I's son in law, accepted it right away, while Françesku I, while liking the idea, said to his friend that he couldn't accept the offer due to being already commited to his principality. The manner through which both sides could be happy was for Françesku I to relinquish his claim to Modena & Reggio in name of his second son, who became Alfonso V