A Thorn In The Rose: A War Of The Roses TL

Edward the iii did spend about 8 years I by fighting in Scotland I do believe that the kingdom of England have the resources to conquer the Scottish nobility.

The English have just gotten their asses handed to them by France, they aren't gonna declare war on a French ally (or declare war on a foreign state at all).
They do not have to do it straight s way and if I remember the treaty correctly than France stated they would not fight the English for the next 20 years

To cause a war which Salisbury believe he would win. Salisbury is trying to push York to claim the crown.

I think both Salisbury and Warwick would be diabolical enough.
Uh, yeah, even if one believes Salisbury to be his accomplice, why would they agree to perform a sting operation on Salisbury rather than Somerset?

And both father and son were IOTL "shocked" to see York place his hand on the throne (I personally attribute this to them not having foreknowledge of this, but still), and negotiated for York to succeed Henry. So, while they definitely want to see York and his line on the throne, they probably don't want a war out of it.

Debatable.

Uh, yeah, even if one believes Salisbury to be his accomplice, why would they agree to perform a sting operation on Salisbury rather than Somerset?

And both father and son were IOTL "shocked" to see York place his hand on the throne (I personally attribute this to them not having foreknowledge of this, but still), and negotiated for York to succeed Henry. So, while they definitely want to see York and his line on the throne, they probably don't want a war out of it.

Debatable.
Exactly. Plus for me neither Salisbury or Warwick was so diabolical @Zygmunt Stary. If either Neville had been involved they would NOT be the ones framed but would try to damage the reputation of Somerset or someone close to him

And both father and son were IOTL "shocked" to see York place

Yeah, but VVO in his Cecily chapter given us her talk with Salisbury when he explicitly stated that he wants York on his throne and is willing to fight over it.

If either Neville had been involved they would NOT be the ones framed but would try to damage the reputation of Somerset or someone close to him

But this won't prompt York to act. He would be quite happy with Somerset having damaged reputation and would remain loyal to Henry VI. Salisbury doesn't want this and is ready to frame himself in attempt to encourage York to protect him.