APD Redux Preview
View attachment 810122
I know I have been silent for a while, but I have been busy with life as well as reworking this TL. My hope was to relaunch it this week, but I don't think that will be possible. This new version will have a different POD, but will result in our good friend Huey in the White House. Due to in-universe reasons, it may not be a "wikibox" TL in the same way. Instead, it will likely be more "literary" in quality. Having been inspired by great works of Alternate/Allo-History such as @EdT 's work and @Archangel Michael 's A Jovian Night's Dream of years past, I have always wanted to build a universe that could then be populated by stories. As such, there's a good chance that this new version may not resemble "hard" alternate history, though that's what I hope to do. That doesn't mean I want to skimp on worldbuilding, far from it. It just may look a bit different going forward compared to what I've built in the past

In the meantime, thank you all very much for your readership, your feedback, and your support. It's no good working on something so elaborate and epic if no one else is going to enjoy it. Thank you for sticking with me so far.
I found the “Nazis win but can’t hold on to power and end up exiled in Namibia” setup to be fascinating. I’ll admit I’m sad to see it go

Slovakia, Romania, and Fascist Croatia actually had a plan to invade Hungary together IOTL and push them back to Trianon borders
As I said, that’ll be elaborated on later. You’re on the right track there, I will say.
I found the “Nazis win but can’t hold on to power and end up exiled in Namibia” setup to be fascinating. I’ll admit I’m sad to see it go
I was rather proud of that idea, followed by fascist Castro. We’ll see what comes up in this iteration.

In the original story, why did Canada and the UK collapse? I could see why a WW2 defeat could lead to the UK collapsing, but why Canada?

In the original story, why did Canada and the UK collapse? I could see why a WW2 defeat could lead to the UK collapsing, but why Canada?
In universe, a failed invasion of Norway and the destruction of the BEF at Dunkirk forces the British to seek a peace agreement with Germany in 1940. This leads to a chain of events that sees the British Empire collapse due to political and economic pressures. The tragic death of George VI's wife and daughters causes him to abdicate, leading to the establishment of a republic. As for Canada, Quebec nationalists smell blood in the water and make a play for independence. Once Quebec secures her independence, Canada as a nation disintegrates into smaller nations based on region.