A Blank Map Thread

i like your map. just wondering what the history for the Congo region is? i also have wrote an alt-histroy without Belgium and the Congo region especially the eastern part is a bit difficult to decide which country would claim it.

The Congo region is divided between France (northwestern part), Portugal (southwestern part, merged into Angola) and Britain (eastern part). As usual, the British was so hyped by the Cape to Cairo project, it's difficult to give that part to anyone else. You may also give the easternmost part to Germany, but I don't find it visually appealing.

Btw I'm inspired by this thread. https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/lets-play-a-game-with-the-congo.392396/

The Congo region is divided between France (northwestern part), Portugal (southwestern part, merged into Angola) and Britain (eastern part). As usual, the British was so hyped by the Cape to Cairo project, it's difficult to give that part to anyone else. You may also give the easternmost part to Germany, but I don't find it visually appealing.

Btw I'm inspired by this thread. https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/lets-play-a-game-with-the-congo.392396/

thanks, i came to pretty much the same conclusions.

Attachments

• africa 1914.png
    africa 1914.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 5,785
Talleyrand 1947.jpg

Sequel of my previous map. I tried a divided China including: a Beiyang goverment in the Central, a Wang Jingwei-led Syndicalist state in the South, a larger Mongolia under Roman von Sternberg, a rump Uyghurstan state puppetized by Russia and its vassal - Alash Orda and finally a Tokyo-backed Manchuria with Puyi on the throne. The rest went the same as in many Kaiserreich TLs.

@koa_dan, what you've been posting isn't really supposed to go here. This thread is for basemaps, as in maps that are to be used as a base by other people. It's not for unfinished AH maps you made yourself. You could post them in the WIP thread, or the regular map thread.

VT45

Banned
The resolution here is 1 pixel to 1 sq km (or close enough). If you want any other country maps at this resolution, let me know.