Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Fingers crossed I'll have my entry up tomorrow!

EDIT: and here it is

With the Gotterdammerung in full flow the Gods of the Albans were faced with a dilemma, either
A) limit the fall of skyrocks and save the Empire; though they and their people would be greatly diminished and the devestation could take eons to heal; or
B) shift themselves and their people to other physical planes; but they'd be spread across many worlds, there'd be no guarantee of reuniting the Empire, and survival of any particular imperial shard would be uncertain.

The Gods decided on B and sundered the Empire of the Albans.
Most of the lands of Cyrnow and Dewnann ended up together and their remaining Gods congregated to form the New Co-Albanates of Cyrnow & Dewnann (Kes-Albanethow Nowidh Cyrnow ha Dewnann)
The Flag is merging of the similar Cyrnish and Dewnant flags, with their intricate knot, around the central symbol of the Imperial Alban Knot.
Note that the hoist is on the right representing the movement of the flag when carried.

Cyrnow&Dewnann3.PNG

Last edited:
The “Reorganisation of Africa” carried out by Germany and her Allies created a continent divided between Germany, the British Social Republic and the Union of South Africa. Restoration of (amongst others) the former German East Africa was balanced by the transfer of many former French and Portuguese colonies to the British and South Africans.

The British possession of Zanzibar became German and its population ‘relocated’ to the African mainland and Arabian Peninsula. This clearance was to allow the forcible movement of around 1 million ‘gypsies’ from Europe to Zanzibar, now renamed ‘The Romani Protectorate’.

The flag of the Protectorate owes much to the flag created in Romania in 1933 in its colours and the Chakra symbol. The Nazi Eagle at top left was included in all new German possessions in Africa.

The flag -

2rfzdbs.jpg

COOL DESERET!

Mormon uprisings in Utah Territory, 1859 and 1870.
1867 : US completes purchase of Russian America (Russkaya Amerika).
1874 : US government declare that Mormonism is not a faith but a political movement and is basically un-American.
1876-1880 : All Mormons in the US moved to Alaska, the former Russian America.
1881 : Alaska becomes the Mormon Reserve of Alaska, a US Territory.
1900 : The US approves the change of name from Alaska to Deseret.
1941 : Deseret becomes an independent nation.

2dl55jb.jpg

COOL DESERET!

Mormon uprisings in Utah Territory, 1859 and 1870.
1867 : US completes purchase of Russian America (Russkaya Amerika).
1874 : US government declare that Mormonism is not a faith but a political movement and is basically un-American.
1876-1880 : All Mormons in the US moved to Alaska, the former Russian America.
1881 : Alaska becomes the Mormon Reserve of Alaska, a US Territory.
1900 : The US approves the change of name from Alaska to Deseret.
1941 : Deseret becomes an independent nation.

Interesting idea. I expect Mormons would become the foremost experts on bee breeding so they can tolerate the Alaskan cold?

I do hope The Professor will not object, but in view of a couple of 'late' entries I plan to extend the deadline for entries until midnight GMT tomorrow (30th October). So:

Submissions Close: Midnight GMT 30 October

Voting Opens: 31 October (fingers crossed, LOL!)

Voting Closes : Midnight GMT 7 November

I do hope The Professor will not object, but in view of a couple of 'late' entries I plan to extend the deadline for entries until midnight GMT tomorrow (30th October). So:

Submissions Close: Midnight GMT 30 October

Voting Opens: 31 October (fingers crossed, LOL!)

Voting Closes : Midnight GMT 7 November

No objections. And tis your challenge after all :D.
May give me time to come up with a better term than "CoLands" that's closer to what we would term thearchy. Deiment? Godlands?

I have not had time to come up with an entry, and don't think I will, so don't extend on my behalf, but the two ideas I was considering were for the Roma and the Mormons. LOL

Winner of challenge #120

Congratulations to The Profeesor for winning flag challenge #120! Over to you Prof for challenge #121.

Congratulations to The Profeesor for winning flag challenge #120! Over to you Prof for challenge #121.
Thanks! still can't believe I got 70% :eek:

And now the challenge

FLAG CHALLENGE #121

Apocalypse Won

"And lo, did Armageddon come forth.
The Gates of Heaven & Hell were opened and the unearthly plagued the world once more.
Armies of Angels and Demons rode out against the children of Man...and lost"

It has been centuries since the apocalypse and whilst nations have fallen, humanity as survived by coopting the supernatural.
Your challenge is to design a flag and brief history for one of the new mythic-wise polities.

Submissions Open: Now
Submissions Close: Midnight GMT 17th November
Voting Opens: 18th November-ish
Voting Closes 25th November-ish

After a long hiatus, I've finally updated the WFC page with the info on the last few rounds. Hope you all like it.

Greetings all

Since noone other than Petike is entering perhaps I should brainstorm an alternate challenge?

I'll have a think and post on thursday

Draft Replacement Challenge

The Stuart Succession in Britain went slightly different and as such the colonies in North America were consolidated into Royal Dominions.
However revolutionary fervour was merely delayed until c1800.
Your challenge is to design a flag for either a resultant independent polity in North America or a remaining Dominion.
Said states cannot cover all NA or match OTL NA states nor can the flags be based on OTL Grand Union or Stars & Stripes

Assuming no objections this will be set up this afternoon.

rgds
Prof

Draft Replacement Challenge

The Stuart Succession in Britain went slightly different and as such the colonies in North America were consolidated into Royal Dominions.
However revolutionary fervour was merely delayed until c1800.
Your challenge is to design a flag for either a resultant independent polity in North America or a remaining Dominion.
Said states cannot cover all NA or match OTL NA states nor can the flags be based on OTL Grand Union or Stars & Stripes

Assuming no objections this will be set up this afternoon.

rgds
Prof

This sounds like something! I personally dislike ASB challenges, so a more "traditional" one is better to work with imo.