¡Por la Patria, Viva México Fuerte! A Mexican TL

Ah, the reconquista of my ancestral lands! Brilliant stuff with the Comanche going into Arkansas :eek:And the slave revolt was handled very well I think and plausibly, too! ¡Viva México Fuerte! :cool:

Hey, Arkhangelsk, Corpus Christi is where I live.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Hope you got to my PM.

Wonder who will win in 1848 in the United States presidential election?

Razgriz 2K9

Banned
I share the general statements here when I say a plausible Mexican victory over America is the most satisfying thing since doing it repeatedly in Victoria (1 and 2)

That being said, I wonder how much worse it will be come time for the Civil War I wonder...

Congrats Arkhangelsk you actually did it. Plausible Mexican victory.

Although, I am looking forward to see Iturbide's fall from grace (if he does) post war. I reckon his son would likely be an influential politician in years to come after his victories here.

That being said, I wonder how much worse it will be come time for the Civil War I wonder...

It says 1857, so it should be rather soon.

Wonder who will win in 1848 in the United States presidential election?

Probably a Whig, seeing how Polk just lost the war, and the Democrats are likely to split now.

Viva Mexico carajo! That was an awesome update!

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 5.18.55 PM.png

That sounds very good. I'll just wait and see what Iturbide has up his sleeve. By any chance, alongside municipal and local government reform, will it include improving the transportation and communications networks?

Iturbide will try to work on municipal reform, and plans will surface to improve transportation and communication networks (especially in the north, where a lot of important infrastructure was damaged). Planning for a future "Trans-national" railway to connect central Mexico with Alta California will also take place, which will see a population boost very soon. ;) Of course, most of the actual work this would all entail will be taken care of by Iturbide's successors.

Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful

Awesome!:D

Thank you!! :D

:D :cool: Nice Mexican gains! And they manage to come out looking good by not demanding American territory in counterpoint to the US's explicit aims of grabbing for Mexican land.

Indeed, the peace left Mexico without any territorial losses. In that regard the US is the loser in this conflict, something I'm certain will heat things up domestically.

And so it ends! And it's an epic end with the Mexican Army invading Tejas and Comanches rampaging through Arkansas.:cool:

I like the way the rebellion in Cuba went, despite the tragic end. It does feel realistic, especially at this time, that their would be infighting between the slaves and Criollos. Wonder what role Cuba will play in the Alt-ACW.

And as you mentioned about Iturbide , I see at least a political hiccup now that the war time unity is going to fade. Also can't wait to see how TTL's version of northern Mexico will develop, such as will Mexico be just as hostile to Chinese and other Asian immigrants?

Indeed! :cool: I also just love the picture I used for the Comanche, there's something amusing about these hardened warriors protecting themselves from the sun with colorful umbrellas. :p

No worries you haven't seen the last of the Cuban rebels. ;) They'll learn from their mistakes, and wait for the perfect timing. Cuba's role in TTL's ACW will be a very unique one.

I'm excited to get to work figuring how Mexico would have developed it's northern territories. A few very important cities from OTL will be getting new names (just like San Antonio and Corpus Christi became Béxar and Gutierrez respectively). As for Asian immigration, there will be more than OTL, mainly directed at populating the north. Racism (unfortunately) will cause friction between Asian arrivals and Mexicans. Partial and complete expulsion will also be considered alright, but it actually coming to pass is unlikely. I wanna also note that there will be a growing Filipino diaspora as the century nears its end.

Mexico won!
Good update, Arkhangelsk!:)

Hell yeah! Haha Mexico never get's this kind of treatment in AH, I'm glad you like! :)

Its so satisfying to see Mexico win.:)

Long live Ameri-screw!

Hail México!

Fuck yes! :cool:

Whoa... My mind was blown...

I ended up clapping hard on my room. I enjoyed everything from it, from how the Cuban rebellion was handled, to the Comanche launching raids on American territory, Kearny's defeat... Too much... win... :cool:

Thanks man! I'm happy you enjoyed the update and all it's little tidbits! :)

Ah, the reconquista of my ancestral lands! Brilliant stuff with the Comanche going into Arkansas :eek:And the slave revolt was handled very well I think and plausibly, too! ¡Viva México Fuerte! :cool:

Haha I'm glad to have achieved it for you! :D Thanks Plumber, I'm glad you enjoyed the parts on the Comanche and Cuba. :)

I share the general statements here when I say a plausible Mexican victory over America is the most satisfying thing since doing it repeatedly in Victoria (1 and 2)

Haha that makes me happy, I'm glad my Mexican victory seems very plausible. Thank you! :)

Congrats Arkhangelsk you actually did it. Plausible Mexican victory.

Although, I am looking forward to see Iturbide's fall from grace (if he does) post war. I reckon his son would likely be an influential politician in years to come after his victories here.

It says 1857, so it should be rather soon.

Probably a Whig, seeing how Polk just lost the war, and the Democrats are likely to split now.

Thanks dude! :)

Hehe yup, Iturbide's last few years as President won't be all that good to him...the federalistas will make sure if it.

To also tie in Razgriz's question, the ACW will come sooner, and it will be a big bloody mess...well bloodier and longer.

Indeed, President Winthrop was able to win because the Democrat's split...or are in the process of. The issue over slavery's gonna boil over very soon, with no more land to expand the institution in, expect the Missouri Compromise to die even quicker here.

Viva Mexico carajo! That was an awesome update!

Thanks buddy!!! Sweet screencap of Hidalgo, it's fucking awesome!!! :D

Where was that from? I'm really digging the picture.

It's from Heroes Verdaderos, a 2010 animated film on the Mexican War of Independence. Imagine Liberty's Kids...but in Mexico XD

I'm excited to get to work figuring how Mexico would have developed it's northern territories. A few very important cities from OTL will be getting new names (just like San Antonio and Corpus Christi became Béxar and Gutierrez respectively). As for Asian immigration, there will be more than OTL, mainly directed at populating the north. Racism (unfortunately) will cause friction between Asian arrivals and Mexicans. Partial and complete expulsion will also be considered alright, but it actually coming to pass is unlikely. I wanna also note that there will be a growing Filipino diaspora as the century nears its end.

I was going to ask you about this:p, crazy. I figured Filipinos would be able to integrate, and even keep themselves intact as a community without too much friction given the similarities in culture and especially religion. And I too see lots of strife from other Asian immigrants sadly. It makes sense though that they would want to attract more to keep from relying on American immigrants, which would lead to OTL problems once again. Will there be still a significant European immigration wave too?

Other parts of Latin America could offer possible immigration prospects too, especially Cubans. Wonder if Mexico might offer escaped American slaves some land to add another loyal buffer to the US like the Comanche do. And speaking of Comanche and Natives in general up there, do you have any plans for the Pueblo, Navajo, Apache, and the other tribes of the southwest and Cali? I could see the Comanche being used to help fight the Navajo and Apache, along with the Pueblo too, and even other plains tribes fleeing to Comancheria, seeking asylum from US expansion as well.

Can't wait to see this all develop:D

I was going to ask you about this:p, crazy. I figured Filipinos would be able to integrate, and even keep themselves intact as a community without too much friction given the similarities in culture and especially religion. And I too see lots of strife from other Asian immigrants sadly. It makes sense though that they would want to attract more to keep from relying on American immigrants, which would lead to OTL problems once again. Will there be still a significant European immigration wave too?

Other parts of Latin America could offer possible immigration prospects too, especially Cubans. Wonder if Mexico might offer escaped American slaves some land to add another loyal buffer to the US like the Comanche do. And speaking of Comanche and Natives in general up there, do you have any plans for the Pueblo, Navajo, Apache, and the other tribes of the southwest and Cali? I could see the Comanche being used to help fight the Navajo and Apache, along with the Pueblo too, and even other plains tribes fleeing to Comancheria, seeking asylum from US expansion as well.

Can't wait to see this all develop:D

Actually Filipinos might be able to integrate and/or otherwise coexist more easily then other groups. Some Filipinos can pass themselves off as Mexicans if they wanted to, and if they could the Mexicans would most likely not fuss about it. I'm thinking many Filipinos will populate California's central valley, as well as other Asians coming into Yerba Buena (San Francisco). Expect it to grow very quickly (like OTL) once gold is discovered, which will happen soon enough. ;)

Europeans will come as well. I'll be covering 1848 and Europe in the next update, and trust me it will be very different than OTL. As such I think immigration patterns will change. Regardless, A stabler Mexico, fresh from victory against its northern neighbor and a north waiting to be settled will look attractive to many European Catholics, and end up taking more that otherwise would have gone to South America or the United States.

It's a good thing you mention immigration from other parts of Latin America, especially Cubans. In the wake of the recent rebellion there, expect many Cubans (white and black) to sail to Mexico. This diaspora will play an important role regarding Cuba and the Civil War. I do intend for Mexico to settle Cubans, mostly in Tejas. At some point in the future some (mostly criollos) will return to the island, but I expect a majority to stay. As for the Comanche, they'll actually go into rebellion mode within the decade, as the reform movements grow (feeling they've not been properly compensated for their service in the war perhaps). Eventually they'll get their own territory carved out of pieces of Chihuahua and Tejas. I'm tempted to do some sort of "Quebec-esque" deal when all is said and done. It searving as a refuge for other tribes is also a neat idea, I like it! :D

Actually Filipinos might be able to integrate and/or otherwise coexist more easily then other groups. Some Filipinos can pass themselves off as Mexicans if they wanted to, and if they could the Mexicans would most likely not fuss about it. I'm thinking many Filipinos will populate California's central valley, as well as other Asians coming into Yerba Buena (San Francisco). Expect it to grow very quickly (like OTL) once gold is discovered, which will happen soon enough. ;)

Europeans will come as well. I'll be covering 1848 and Europe in the next update, and trust me it will be very different than OTL. As such I think immigration patterns will change. Regardless, A stabler Mexico, fresh from victory against its northern neighbor and a north waiting to be settled will look attractive to many European Catholics, and end up taking more that otherwise would have gone to South America or the United States.

It's a good thing you mention immigration from other parts of Latin America, especially Cubans. In the wake of the recent rebellion there, expect many Cubans (white and black) to sail to Mexico. This diaspora will play an important role regarding Cuba and the Civil War. I do intend for Mexico to settle Cubans, mostly in Tejas. At some point in the future some (mostly criollos) will return to the island, but I expect a majority to stay. As for the Comanche, they'll actually go into rebellion mode within the decade, as the reform movements grow (feeling they've not been properly compensated for their service in the war perhaps). Eventually they'll get their own territory carved out of pieces of Chihuahua and Tejas. I'm tempted to do some sort of "Quebec-esque" deal when all is said and done. It searving as a refuge for other tribes is also a neat idea, I like it! :D

That sounds like massive amounts awesome sauce!:cool:

Northern Mexico is going to become a very diverse and interesting place over the coming decades.

Bio#1: Indalecio Allende
While I work on the next update, here's a little somethings to keep y'all a little busy.

Indalecio de Allende Herrera (1792-1848)

Indalecio Allende during the Mexican War for Independence

The first and only son of Ignacio Allende and Antonia Herrera, Indalecio was born in April 1792 in San Miguel el Grande. Little is known of his early years other that upon completion of his studies at the turn of the century, he accompanied his father while the latter fought against Indians in Tejas. At 18 years old, the younger Allende enthusiastically followed his father into war against Spain. Possessing a martial spirit not unlike his father (as well as his appearance and demeanor to match), the younger Allende rose rapidly in the ranks of his father’s army through skill on the battlefield (and perhaps some nepotism but in the grand scheme of things it’s arguably justifiable). By the end of the war in 1817, Indalecio had attained the rank of Brigadier General. In 1819 he founded nascent republic’s new military academy, and with his father’s support toured for several years through Europe.

Prior to the end of the war for Independence, Indalecio married Adélia Jacinto Vargas, the daughter of a wealthy Guanajuato merchant. The union, noted for being a happy and stable one, produced seven children. The two eldest sons, Ildefonso and Matías even served with distinction under their father during the First Mexican-American War.

Rising to the rank of general during the Rebellions of 1837, Indalecio was charged with the modernization of the military during the first half of the Iturbide administration. The President himself even offered Allende the Younger (as he was now commonly referred to) the position of War Minister within the executive cabinet, but he respectfully declined. At the start of the war against the United States, he rallied the initial Mexican defense in Tejas. Despite losses there, he successfully routed an American invasion force meant for Nuevo Mexico the following year. After a spectacular string of victories during the spring of 1848, Allende was mortally wounded while the Mexican Army recaptured the Tejano capital at Béxar. He was 56 years old.

-----------------------------------------------------------

For added fun, here's a little teaser.

The world as of January 1, 1850

blankworldUCS 1850tempwip1.png

Last edited:
Egads, it lives! Though I am saddened to see Australia being colonised by two nations (French I assume) as clearly it is the duty of the Anglos to treat the Abogrines as utter shit. I am excited to see more, death to Ameriwanks! :cool:

Razgriz 2K9

Banned
Egads, it lives! Though I am saddened to see Australia being colonised by two nations (French I assume) as clearly it is the duty of the Anglos to treat the Abogrines as utter shit. I am excited to see more, death to Ameriwanks! :cool:

I'm not...I sometimes wonder what it would be like if Australia was the Korea of the 19th century...

Hm, Buenos Aires is separated from Southern United Provinces (Provincias Unidas del Sud) as OTL, but Rio Grande Do Sul is separated from Brazil?

:D