¡Por la Patria, Viva México Fuerte! A Mexican TL

Well, that's a dramatic cliff-hanger

Welcome back.

Lol yeah I guess part of me seems to like the dramatic. XD Thanks dude!

Ah, Mexico enters the industrial era with increasingly solid institutions and a powerful state. And now begins the conflicts of class, questions of hegemonic expansion, indigenous rights, national identity (and how immigrants fit in), internal migration to cities, language rights, and how the new wealth of industry shall influence every facet of the country.

I look forward to the Mexican Guilded Age. :p

Thanks for that run down man, all those things will indeed be addressed in future updates. It's gonna be awesome.

This is awesome! I really love the detail you've been going into Arkhangelsk! Really looking forward to see where you are going to take this!

Thanks so much man! I'm a sucker for detail lol, but seriously that's why I love your timelines as well. They're loaded with a lot of amazing material.

Love the update, Arkhangelsk! I'm looking forward to the next update as always.

Thank you! Hopefully this next update doesn't' take me a whole year haha

Did I read that correctly? The Isle of Pines was transferred under Mexican sovereignty after the peace treaty that sanctioned Cuban independence? If so, is that territory large and/or populous enough to be eventually turned into a Mexican state or is it going to be administered as an "organized but unincorporated dependent territory" the likes of a present-day US Commonwealth?

You are correct! I have a map I've been working on which I'll try to share asap, but yes the Treaty of Paris recognized Mexican sovereignty over the island. The island was thinly populated by the Anglo-Americans and many eventually opt to leave following the peace. México quickly works to populate the island, so it will probably keep the island the long haul. I haven't really given thought to it's future status however.

The next update will be another one on México, and it should take the timeline all the way to the late 1870's. I'll try to get it up asap!!!

Also, the notes have been added as well as minor corrections.

Map of México: 1865
The map I keep referring to is actually meant for the next update, but I don't want to make you guys wait for it to give y'all some mappy goodness...so I tweaked it a bit. :D

While y'all wait, here's a map of México as of the latest update.

A1srHhO.png

Last edited:
¡Qué hermano es ese mapa!

Sorry if that's absolute crap; Spanish class was nigh-on eighteen months ago now :oops:

Thanks so much dude!!! :D

It's not crap!! You did accidentally say "brother" (hermano) instead of "beautiful" (hermoso), but considering how close in spelling they are I didn't even notice at first. Your español is looking good. ;)

The map I keep referring to is actually meant for the next update, but I don't want to make you guys wait for it to give y'all some mappy goodness...so I tweaked it a bit. :D

While y'all wait, here's a map of México as of the latest update.

A1srHhO.png
As a Mexican-American whose parents were born and raised in Zacatecas, it's kind of nice to see Aguascalientes remaining part of that state. :) Good job on this map by the way.:cool: Also, will Mexico be annexing British Honduras, Panama, Santo Domingo, Puerto Rico and the rest of Cuba anytime soon?

As a Mexican-American whose parents were born and raised in Zacatecas, it's kind of nice to see Aguascalientes remaining part of that state. :) Good job on this map by the way.:cool: Also, will Mexico be annexing British Honduras, Panama, Santo Domingo, Puerto Rico and the rest of Cuba anytime soon?

Don't forget the Philippines. Mexico needs to complete its destiny and reclaim what rightfully belonged to them. ;)

Haha no problemo! IIRC Aguascalientes only became a state because Santa Anna wanted to punish Zacatecas for rebelling. I figure keeping that idiot as far away from Mexico City butterflies that away. I won't give away too much, but as Mexican power increases so will the desire to um...reclaim former vice-royal territory. Now whether Mexico succeeds in all its imperial exploits remains to be seen.

Don't forget the Philippines. Mexico needs to complete its destiny and reclaim what rightfully belonged to them. ;)

Mwahahaha The Pacific must become a Mexican lake! :cool:

One question, why is Baja California a state? OTL it's population remained very low.

Unless my eyes deceive me, it's been extended to include San Diego.

Alex got it right. The new borders made it so Alcalá (OTL San Diego) in included on the Baja California side, giving them the adequate population boost to gain statehood.

Hey guys I want to let y'all know that I'm going to put this thing on hiatus again for a while. It pains me to do so, but my life has become increasingly unstable in the last month...to the point that I'm now looking for a new place to live because I'll be homeless in one months time otherwise. Needless to say I haven't been able to write at all for the timeline or even do anything creative. Wish me luck guys, I'm going to need it like never before. Love y'all, and I hope to be back to normal as soon as possible.

Hey guys I want to let y'all know that I'm going to put this thing on hiatus again for a while. It pains me to do so, but my life has become increasingly unstable in the last month...to the point that I'm now looking for a new place to live because I'll be homeless in one months time otherwise. Needless to say I haven't been able to write at all for the timeline or even do anything creative. Wish me luck guys, I'm going to need it like never before. Love y'all, and I hope to be back to normal as soon as possible.
It's alright man take your time and your needs are most important. Stay safe. :)

I wish you best of luck, dude.

And never forget to save a backup of all your stuff, like a cloud drive.

Good luck!

Thanks for the updates, and hope you are doing okay! :eek:

Thanks so much for the well wishes guys, wanted to drop by and let you know I'm doing alright. I would like to say I've made progress on the TL but I have not.

Progress has been very slow lately, so in an attempt to remedy this I've finally gotten with the times and threadmarked the whole timeline. It's great because it allowed me to look over the whole enchilada again and fix formatting errors or other things from earlier in the timeline, as well as re-familiarize myself with old information. There's still a bunch of updates with photos missing and the like, so I'll continue to work on that while I try to get my writing mojo back. Hopefully I'll get back to writing in no time.

Anyway I hope you guys are doing well! :)

EmYtOGf.jpg

Good news everyone!

I have the next installment roughly two-thirds of the way done and I have the one after that all outlined, so I'll go ahead and say that this timeline is no longer on hiatus. I'll try to have the next update done asap, hopefully within the next couple of days.

I'm just saying that as New Spain's political successor, it is the right of Mexico to extend its reach across the Pacific and bring the Pinoys into the fold.

I'm just saying that as New Spain's political successor, it is the right of Mexico to extend its reach across the Pacific and bring the Pinoys into the fold.

Oh yes!! Mexico is now primed to be a Pacific power, not to mention that the Filipinos that already live in Mexico are well aware of how they helped the Cubans gain their independence not that long ago. Expect them to start making noise about that soon. Of course, with Mexico's first foray into territorial expansion (Isla de Pinos) some in the Congress will undoubtedly have other ideas.

A little thing I ended up cobbling up yesterday in order to keep y'all occupied while I finish the update lol, it's a map of the world as of 1871. that's smack dab in the middle of the forthcoming update so this should give you some idea of the big picture. Hope y'all like it!

WQhFaEh.png

Last edited: