¡Por la Patria, Viva México Fuerte! A Mexican TL

VIVA MEXICO! :D

Now that midterms are through (and before I get too embroiled with my term paper) I'll work on the South American update. I'm not sure if I'll I can have it done by the second week of November, but I'll try my best. Take care guys! :)

I expect nothing but great things, amigo! :D

Regarding the Ontario peninsula and the question of the US annexing it, it's still up in the air...though I feel like I'm leaning toward its eventual seizure. The name of this hypothetical state is still a mystery though. Also I've been toying around with the idea of the Maritimes and the rest of Canada going seperate ways and having New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia forming their own union. Thoughts?

Arkhangelsk

With this you still have the problem that until ~1870 at least Britain is bigger and more powerful than the US, not to mention having a much larger navy and being safe from US attack for even later. Therefore I doubt the US can try any adventures against Canada in the foreseeable future. There will probably be fairly substantial immigration into the Ontario region from the US without the 1812 conflict but also a lot from Britain and the vast bulk of the American immigrants proved loyal OTL so don't see anything will change, other than possibly a slightly quicker development of Canada.

As such, unless you get a serious foul up in Canada or the Americans attack while Britain was very preoccupied elsewhere - which wasn't the case OTL during the 19th century - I can see any such bid by the US as going very badly for them.

Steve

First off apologies for the belated response, I've been really busy these last few days.

Thank you for the bit on Monroe, and to answer your concern regarding Cuba, I fear I left this out of the previous update but the simultaneous rebellions did more to harm each other than throw the Americans out. The Spanish Cubans may have had a shot to win, though it was more of them fighting the US Army and a slave revolt all at once. Of course, I don't intend on Cuba to remain American forever, expect an independent Cuba later on in the century. ;)

Thank you I would appreciate a fleshing out of relations with Cuba, it will undoubtedly have an effect upon the US-Mexico and US-Latin American relationships. In particular if there are numerous strong republics on the South American continent I could see them not appreciating the incursion into the Caribbean that an American Cuba represents and possibly working to throw them out, although not till after an alt American Civil War.

I'll admit as much as I know of United States history, especially of the early republic, I am rather lacking in that department. As far as I knew of OTL's 1824 election the candidates were all Dem-Reps, and it was after the election that you have the gradual splintering of the party and the formation of the Whigs and the Democrats. My intentions regarding the Federalists was not so much fading away, but for them to merge with elements of the Dem-Reps post-1824 into an alt-Whig Party. Of course I seem to have failed to properly show that in the update. Assuming the Federalists do field someone in 1820 (or even 1824?) who do you think could run? I think I'll be going back and fixing up that update to take into account all this.

My thoughts on the political system are my thoughts on your political system. I am aware of how are's functioned in the 1820s and you are correct that the D-r didn't splinter until 1828, really 1832 although it's roots lie in the election of 1824, we don't see a separation until 1832. As for who do they run? I am a fan of Rufus King, he is who I use when I think about it although I would imagine there is someone else. I would imagine JQA would have dropped the Federalist Moniker well before now despite whatever sympathies he may or may not have and would not allow himself to be nominated by that party. I suggest a wikipedia time to find someone else not named Rufus King for sake of cliches although who their last candidate is is not important to me nor, I suspect, the purposes of your TL.

As for Clay, he's more or less OTL's man, perhaps less isolationist with the Spanish-American independence wars going so well*, though as I formulate future updates I'd love more feedback regarding Clay and the US in general over the next few years. Recently I've actually been thinking of retconning the bit regarding Clay's victory in 1824, if nothing else for having him be president until 1832. Is it possible for Clay to win reelection in 1828?

I don't see why not, especially if he is following a fairly successful Monroe presidency and he is himself successful. I would be curious to see how his "American system" plays out in this alt-USA. An eastern seaboard and interior with far more internal traffic at this stage would only make the country stronger. The Bank is definitely recharted under a Clay presidency

Regarding the Ontario peninsula and the question of the US annexing it, it's still up in the air...though I feel like I'm leaning toward its eventual seizure. The name of this hypothetical state is still a mystery though. Also I've been toying around with the idea of the Maritimes and the rest of Canada going seperate ways and having New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia forming their own union. Thoughts?

As for a name I have no idea. stevep seems to understand Canada ask him. I have no particularly special knowledge of the area. As for a state name for the Onatario peninsula? No clue. As for the maritime split? sure, they seem to be pretty set off from the rest of Canada at this time and not until Union later in OTL's 19th century did they and the Canadian identity begin to mesh together. With that being said I fully agree that the "idea" if you will of Canada begins in about 1812-1815.

*All went well for the liberators minus Peru, which the next update will cover.

Thanks for that big post GSM, it's truly very helpful! :) (Also it's great to see you on again, I know you're pretty busy these days. Take care!)

thanks anytime I can be of service I will attempt. I will be reading although infrequently posting, you may pm me if you wish I typically check once a week.

*applause* :D I look forward to some interesting times ahead :) I notice that Mexico has Central America shown as under its sphere of influence - does this mean that ITTL it might be Mexico that ends up with actual control over the Panama Canal instead of the USA? How will this affect relations among the Spanish-speaking nations of Latin America?

I imagine the Mexican government will need to tread carefully lest it be accused of throwing its weight around.

I expect nothing but great things, amigo! :D

Muchas gracias amigo, I'll try my best! ;)

Arkhangelsk

With this you still have the problem that until ~1870 at least Britain is bigger and more powerful than the US, not to mention having a much larger navy and being safe from US attack for even later. Therefore I doubt the US can try any adventures against Canada in the foreseeable future. There will probably be fairly substantial immigration into the Ontario region from the US without the 1812 conflict but also a lot from Britain and the vast bulk of the American immigrants proved loyal OTL so don't see anything will change, other than possibly a slightly quicker development of Canada.

As such, unless you get a serious foul up in Canada or the Americans attack while Britain was very preoccupied elsewhere - which wasn't the case OTL during the 19th century - I can see any such bid by the US as going very badly for them.

Steve

True, I completely forgot to factor in momma Britain's reaction to the Americans trying to bite a chunk off Canada (and in my defense it was late at night that I responded so apologies :eek:). Instead I may just have the Americans living in Canada influence it's political development. How do you feel about the Maritimes uniting separately from the rest of Canada, is it feasible? I do know that the original plans for Confederation were for just the Maritimes and only included Quebec and Ontario after they expressed interest in joining in.

Thank you I would appreciate a fleshing out of relations with Cuba, it will undoubtedly have an effect upon the US-Mexico and US-Latin American relationships. In particular if there are numerous strong republics on the South American continent I could see them not appreciating the incursion into the Caribbean that an American Cuba represents and possibly working to throw them out, although not till after an alt American Civil War.

My thoughts on the political system are my thoughts on your political system. I am aware of how are's functioned in the 1820s and you are correct that the D-r didn't splinter until 1828, really 1832 although it's roots lie in the election of 1824, we don't see a separation until 1832. As for who do they run? I am a fan of Rufus King, he is who I use when I think about it although I would imagine there is someone else. I would imagine JQA would have dropped the Federalist Moniker well before now despite whatever sympathies he may or may not have and would not allow himself to be nominated by that party. I suggest a wikipedia time to find someone else not named Rufus King for sake of cliches although who their last candidate is is not important to me nor, I suspect, the purposes of your TL.

I don't see why not, especially if he is following a fairly successful Monroe presidency and he is himself successful. I would be curious to see how his "American system" plays out in this alt-USA. An eastern seaboard and interior with far more internal traffic at this stage would only make the country stronger. The Bank is definitely recharted under a Clay presidency

As for a name I have no idea. stevep seems to understand Canada ask him. I have no particularly special knowledge of the area. As for a state name for the Onatario peninsula? No clue. As for the maritime split? sure, they seem to be pretty set off from the rest of Canada at this time and not until Union later in OTL's 19th century did they and the Canadian identity begin to mesh together. With that being said I fully agree that the "idea" if you will of Canada begins in about 1812-1815.

thanks anytime I can be of service I will attempt. I will be reading although infrequently posting, you may pm me if you wish I typically check once a week.

No problem, I'll make sure to do that. Mexico will demonstrate an interest in Cuba's independence when it takes place (and you're right it will be during and after TTL's American Civil War that it will occur). As for Clay that is more or less what I was hoping to have him accomplish. Once I get to his update I hope to do him justice. :) I'll make sure to keep all of this and more in mind as I go into future updates.

*applause* :D I look forward to some interesting times ahead :) I notice that Mexico has Central America shown as under its sphere of influence - does this mean that ITTL it might be Mexico that ends up with actual control over the Panama Canal instead of the USA? How will this affect relations among the Spanish-speaking nations of Latin America?

I imagine the Mexican government will need to tread carefully lest it be accused of throwing its weight around.

Thanks Zinc! :) Indeed Central America is under Mexican control. As for a Panama Canal I haven't gone much into it. So far I intend to have Panama remain Colombian through to the present day. There are certainly going to be canal building schemes interested in various parts of Central America...will be fleshing those out as time goes by. ;)

As far as the relations between all of the different nations of the Americas, that also needs some more fleshing out. There will be a war between Mexico and the United States sometime in the 1840's (but certainly not the war we saw in OTL). As for the rest of Latin America goes...well I'll let you decide after this next update. ;)

Arkhangelsk

True, I completely forgot to factor in momma Britain's reaction to the Americans trying to bite a chunk off Canada (and in my defense it was late at night that I responded so apologies :eek:). Instead I may just have the Americans living in Canada influence it's political development. How do you feel about the Maritimes uniting separately from the rest of Canada, is it feasible? I do know that the original plans for Confederation were for just the Maritimes and only included Quebec and Ontario after they expressed interest in joining in.

No problem. Without a war, 1812 or possibly later a lot will depend on how the two nations develop. There could be greater danger of Canada, or parts of it, being lost by assimilation depending on how Canada develops politically and also how the US feels. Could still have a period of rampant expansionism in the US with a desire to 'round-out' the borders, even if it doesn't lead to a shooting war. Without that you are likely to see more US settlers in Canada, which I believe was largely curtailed for a period after 1814 but whether they would be absorbed into a greater Canadian identity or prompt regions to look south.

Especially if there is no great explicit or implicit threat from the south you could see a wider Federation fail and a number of separate dominions [a different title may be used TTL] although in the longer run some sort of broader union or federation at least is likely. It makes too much economic sense not to mention funding things like railways and major industrial developments. However there is a danger that some of the regions, especially in the west, could look south rather than east.

If settlement and authority in western Canada is weaker you might end up with a Mormon equivalent heading further north.

The other question is what happens to Oregon and also to Alaska? Could borders change here even if no further east. Not to mention with no 1812 conflict it could take longer for a border to be agreed and possibly something more complex than the 49 parallel border.

No problem, I'll make sure to do that. Mexico will demonstrate an interest in Cuba's independence when it takes place (and you're right it will be during and after TTL's American Civil War that it will occur). As for Clay that is more or less what I was hoping to have him accomplish. Once I get to his update I hope to do him justice. :) I'll make sure to keep all of this and more in mind as I go into future updates.

Interesting that you say Cuban independence will take place, rather than there simply be an attempt at it.;) If race/religion plays a part then this is likely to cause tension between the US and Mexico, even if not a war.

Some sort of civil war is very likely, to resolve the key issue of the balance [or imbalance] of power between states and Washington. Its likely it would be over slavery but that's not certain. Similarly at this distance from the likely date how things develop are very much up in the air.

Thanks Zinc! :) Indeed Central America is under Mexican control. As for a Panama Canal I haven't gone much into it. So far I intend to have Panama remain Colombian through to the present day. There are certainly going to be canal building schemes interested in various parts of Central America...will be fleshing those out as time goes by. ;)

As far as the relations between all of the different nations of the Americas, that also needs some more fleshing out. There will be a war between Mexico and the United States sometime in the 1840's (but certainly not the war we saw in OTL). As for the rest of Latin America goes...well I'll let you decide after this next update. ;)

Presuming Panama stays Columbian and Mexico develops more stably then I could see an attempt at a canal through the Nicaragua region, although not sure how it would fare in terms of disease problems if the move came earlier than OTL.

Steve

Arkhangelsk

No problem. Without a war, 1812 or possibly later a lot will depend on how the two nations develop. There could be greater danger of Canada, or parts of it, being lost by assimilation depending on how Canada develops politically and also how the US feels. Could still have a period of rampant expansionism in the US with a desire to 'round-out' the borders, even if it doesn't lead to a shooting war. Without that you are likely to see more US settlers in Canada, which I believe was largely curtailed for a period after 1814 but whether they would be absorbed into a greater Canadian identity or prompt regions to look south.

Especially if there is no great explicit or implicit threat from the south you could see a wider Federation fail and a number of separate dominions [a different title may be used TTL] although in the longer run some sort of broader union or federation at least is likely. It makes too much economic sense not to mention funding things like railways and major industrial developments. However there is a danger that some of the regions, especially in the west, could look south rather than east.

If settlement and authority in western Canada is weaker you might end up with a Mormon equivalent heading further north.

The other question is what happens to Oregon and also to Alaska? Could borders change here even if no further east. Not to mention with no 1812 conflict it could take longer for a border to be agreed and possibly something more complex than the 49 parallel border.

Interesting that you say Cuban independence will take place, rather than there simply be an attempt at it.;) If race/religion plays a part then this is likely to cause tension between the US and Mexico, even if not a war.

Some sort of civil war is very likely, to resolve the key issue of the balance [or imbalance] of power between states and Washington. Its likely it would be over slavery but that's not certain. Similarly at this distance from the likely date how things develop are very much up in the air.

Presuming Panama stays Columbian and Mexico develops more stably then I could see an attempt at a canal through the Nicaragua region, although not sure how it would fare in terms of disease problems if the move came earlier than OTL.

Steve

Sorry I didn't respond to you in a timely manner, I've been really busy these last few weeks. Thanks for all those points on Canada, they really help. I'm still unsure about having the US bite off a chunk off Canada. We'll see, I'll have to do some more reading on it. As for Oregon, I've been thinking of the US getting a larger chunk of it than OTL, perhaps having the border exceed the 49th Parallel N there. Alaska I've also not much of an idea yet, though I'm thinking it might end up going to Britain in the end.

Hehe yup, I'm pretty set on Cuba, and you're correct about race playing an important role, especially in regards to their sense of national identity and the way and independent Cuba will interact with the rest of the Caribbean. As for civil war it's very likely to happen...as far as I have planned it will...of course I haven't gone far enough into the timeline to figure out an exact date and how it will pan out. I do want to give thanks and a shout out to jycee and his wonderful timeline A Mexican "Victory" where he's included some really cool ideas to spice up his ATL's civil war. I'll definitely keep it in mind when I arrive at my own civil war. ;)

A "Nicaraguan" Canal is also a possibility, but the how and when I've yet to figure out, so keep an eye out for Mexican-Colombian relations regarding Panama.

Thank for your input, it's always so helpful. :)

Arkhangelsk

No problem about the delay. I have great problems keeping track of what's going on in my favourite TLs and that's just reading them, let alone writing any. [Something to be said for being bone idle;)].

In terms of Canada I doubt any success for the US on the Ontario peninsula as its so crucial for Canada's development and the main areas west of Quebec of English speaking settlement. As such I think that would mean a war that the US would almost certainly lose.

Further west borders are still undefined and disputed. Hence things could change either way there although you still have to consider internal US politics and the influence of settlers and the HBC on the Canadian side.

Steve

Sorry I didn't respond to you in a timely manner, I've been really busy these last few weeks. Thanks for all those points on Canada, they really help. I'm still unsure about having the US bite off a chunk off Canada. We'll see, I'll have to do some more reading on it. As for Oregon, I've been thinking of the US getting a larger chunk of it than OTL, perhaps having the border exceed the 49th Parallel N there. Alaska I've also not much of an idea yet, though I'm thinking it might end up going to Britain in the end.

Hehe yup, I'm pretty set on Cuba, and you're correct about race playing an important role, especially in regards to their sense of national identity and the way and independent Cuba will interact with the rest of the Caribbean. As for civil war it's very likely to happen...as far as I have planned it will...of course I haven't gone far enough into the timeline to figure out an exact date and how it will pan out. I do want to give thanks and a shout out to jycee and his wonderful timeline A Mexican "Victory" where he's included some really cool ideas to spice up his ATL's civil war. I'll definitely keep it in mind when I arrive at my own civil war. ;)

A "Nicaraguan" Canal is also a possibility, but the how and when I've yet to figure out, so keep an eye out for Mexican-Colombian relations regarding Panama.

Thank for your input, it's always so helpful. :)

The Spanish Liberal Insurrection and the Neapolitan Revolution of 1821
Update on Europe!

Ugh, finally now that school is out for winter I can update. Now I know I said the next update would be on South America...well I lied. I was working on that particular update when it occurred to me it would be best to cover some events in Europe first (of course events in Spain being paramount, since the South American update covers certain things you'd need to know about in Spain).

The Spanish Liberal Insurrection and the Neapolitan Revolution of 1821

418px-Francisco_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_070.jpg
Cortes_of_the_Trienio_Liberal.jpg

Fernando VII of Spain, followed by the Cortes Generales, which ruled Spain briefly from 1820 to 1821.

In the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars, Spain continued to be a nest for war, as the once mighty empire convulsed with rebellion and renewed invasion. In December 1818 a mutiny rocked the port city of Cadíz in southern Spain [1]. Discontented soldiers, wary of the prospect of traveling across the Atlantic to fight a losing war rose up against Fernando VII’s government. The mutiny, led by liberal members of the officer corps, seemed to waiver at first, as there was little public support seemingly evident. Within a matter of weeks, however, it spread like wildfire throughout southern and western Spain, and by the beginning of spring 1819 a rebel army was on the march towards Madrid. The rebel’s aim was the restoration of the 1812 Constitution by the King. After several months’ worth of skirmishes the rebels entered Madrid in late June 1819 and effectively placed Fernando VII under de facto house arrest. Fearing for his life Fernando reinstated the constitution and even went as far as to embrace the Liberal cause, or at least put on a show that he was. Most liberals, many of whom still vividly recalled the horrors of Fernando’s return in 1814 and subsequent purges, were not amused by the King’s show of support. In fact Fernando did much more to harm his credibility in the face of his own supporters, as questions emerged as to his ability to rule as an absolute monarch.
With vast numbers of the army defecting to the Liberal cause, the few forces still willing to fight in the name of the King were forced into the Pyrenees, launching periodic assaults on liberal forces but too weak to do much else. From here Fernando’s supporters petitioned the great powers for support. Indeed the events in Spain prompted Great Britain, France, Russia, Austria and Prussia to meet at the start of 1821 in order to discuss any means to deal with the “Spanish Question.” The negotiations were at a standstill over the issue of France sending its own forces into Spain in order to restore order. The deadlock came to an abrupt halt in May 1821 when the powers received news of the apparent assassination of Fernando VII as Royalists attempted to rescue him from his house arrest. Due to the confusing and chaotic environment in which Fernando met his end, there has never been clear consensus as to who killed him. Many liberals had plenty of reason to kill Fernando, but in the various events throughout Fernando’s reign that diminished his absolute authority in the eyes of his subjects, such as his acquiescence to Napoleon in 1808 and his relatively light handed approach to the recent revolution, his most ardent supporters quickly grew disillusioned with him. Regardless, the powers, alarmed by the turn of events in Spain gave France the prerogative to invade. Nearly 60,000 strong, the French army would barrel into Spain in July, decimating the Liberal army as it attempted to stop the second French invasion of its homeland in a quarter century. By mid-August the French had entered Madrid and had pushed the rebels into Andalusia, Taking Seville on 29 August and Cadíz several weeks later on 10 October. With French backing, conservatives soon returned to rule in Madrid. As Fernando VII had yet to produce an heir, the throne passed down to Fernando’s younger brother, the Infante Carlos. After a brief period of pacification the Infante would be crowned in Madrid on 17 January 1822 as King Carlos V. One anonymous liberal would commentate soon after Carlos V’s ascension that “despite my utter hatred for ‘el Deseado,’ at least he would listen to our pleas before killing us.”

414px-Carlos_Mara_Isidro_de_Borbn.png

King Carlos V of Spain

Meanwhile, half way across the Mediterranean Sea, a similar revolt to the one of 1819 in Spain would surface in the Kingdom of Naples on the Italian Peninsula. Unlike in Spain, however, the Neapolitan revolt of 1820 would accomplish so much more than anything that came out from the Spanish debacle. Despite a series of reforms initiated by King Gioacchino I at the start of his reign in 1808, many liberals demanded more [2]. As in Spain, and for the most part emboldened to act by the revolt of said country, the Liberal movement in Naples was led by the Neapolitan military officer corps. Several months following the events in Spain, the Neapolitan Liberals, led by the General Guglielmo Pepe, marched on the city of Naples and demanded that Gioacchino accept a liberal constitution along the lines of the Spanish Constitution. Gioacchino gave in to the Liberal’s demands and had a new constitution created for the Kingdom, proclaimed and signed in May 1821. The constitution’s key points were its emphasis on constitutional monarchy, as it placed sovereignty in the people as opposed to the king. The constitution also placed a few restrictions on the gentry and the church, though Gioacchino was wary of giving too many concessions, lest he provoke the Austrian giant across the Adriatic. Regardless of this the constitution placated many of the liberal’s demands for greater reform. The reforms also lead to warmer relations with Great Britain, which until recently had been supporting the neighboring Kingdom of Sicily, whose Bourbon monarch Ferdinand III ruled with an absolute fist…or at least as absolute as he could, as the restive Sicilians continued to resent the continued presence of the foreign Bourbons in the island. Gioacchino also managed to strengthen his relationships with many Liberals across the Italian Peninsula, many of whom were also strong proponents for Italian Unification. These relationships in turn would cause Gioacchino himself to embrace the thought of unification. Over the next few years, as Naples would grow in wealth and power in the wake of the Muratian reforms, it would come to the forefront of eventual Italian unification.

519px-Murat2.jpg

King Gioacchino I of Naples

-----------------------------------------------

[1] Samething that happened in OTL, just one year earlier. Of course another difference is despite beginning earlier it also ends earlier.
[2] Yes that's Joachim Murat. In TTL he doesn't run off to Napoleon's side during the 100 days, and despite the odds manages to retain his throne in Naples.

Last edited:
Interesting indeed. Naples possibly being the one leading the charge of Italian unification and it being richer than OTL is very nice. ;)

Very interesting indeed. Despite the peace something tells me the troubles in Spain are not quite over yet; much less if its Empire continues to crumble in the Americas.

Mmm... Napleas at the forefront of Italian unification... interesting. I reckon this might give us a smaller Italy as Naples might be less concerned than Piedmont when it comes to the northern territories in Austrian hands.

Arkhangelsk

No problem about the delay. I have great problems keeping track of what's going on in my favourite TLs and that's just reading them, let alone writing any. [Something to be said for being bone idle;)].

In terms of Canada I doubt any success for the US on the Ontario peninsula as its so crucial for Canada's development and the main areas west of Quebec of English speaking settlement. As such I think that would mean a war that the US would almost certainly lose.

Further west borders are still undefined and disputed. Hence things could change either way there although you still have to consider internal US politics and the influence of settlers and the HBC on the Canadian side.

Steve

Lol well I gotta say you do a great job contributing to mine and many other TL's on the board. :)

Yeah I agree that an American attempt to take the Ontario Peninsula would be disasterous for them...I think I'm pretty set on it remaining Canadian. Besides, I've played around with the maps to see the peninsula going the the US...not very aesthetically pleasing IMO.

I am pretty set on any more American gains being made in Oregon, but until I get ton that update it's still on the negotiating table.

Interesting indeed. Naples possibly being the one leading the charge of Italian unification and it being richer than OTL is very nice. ;)

Hehe thanks! :) I have certain plans for Italy, and this particular even (well, the same can be true of Spain under Carlos V) will definitely change the face of Europe.

Very interesting indeed. Despite the peace something tells me the troubles in Spain are not quite over yet; much less if its Empire continues to crumble in the Americas.

Mmm... Napleas at the forefront of Italian unification... interesting. I reckon this might give us a smaller Italy as Naples might be less concerned than Piedmont when it comes to the northern territories in Austrian hands.

Yeah, you're right, the Liberals have been thoroughly butt kicked in Spain, but things won't be quiet much under Carlos. Considering how much of an absolutist he was I'd imagine Spain will be a pretty nasty place to live in the near future...not to mention how the next rebellion against the Bourbons will play out.

It's interesting that you say that about Italy, I was actually hoping for a larger and more powerful Italy...though I've yet to decide how Naples will deal with Piedmont-Sardinia later on in the century. What is clear (I think) is that the question will be settled in TTL's 1848-like event.

Yeah. I wonder how the map of Europe willl change in response to this.

Hehe yeah the map will already change significantly due to all of this. From the few things I have planned Europe will be a much different place already.

Interesting update. Seems that we are going to get now an earlier (and very different) Italian unification then, and a very different Spain, which has gone liberal earlier. I'm eager to see what will change in this new Europe.

Interesting update. The House of Marat leads the Italian unification from the south.:cool:

Keep it up, Arkhangelsk!:)

Hehe you got that right! :cool:

Thanks Archangel! :)

Interesting update. Seems that we are going to get now an earlier (and very different) Italian unification then, and a very different Spain, which has gone liberal earlier. I'm eager to see what will change in this new Europe.

Hehe yup, that's a pretty accurate description of what's going to happen...though Spain will be going through absolute hell before the Liberals retake Madrid... unfortunately. :(

Thanks Vault boy, I hope to deliver! :)