List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

Interesting and Tbf I think Buckingham and Charles having a good relationship depends on whether Buckingham actively tries to thaw his relationship with the man. Either through inviting him to a dinner at his residence at otl or joining Charles during his lessons about the church. If Charles is remaining Calvinist then the latter is out but the former may still happen
Buckingham would be stupid not to try and befriend Charles. He's the heir, and favourites do need to please the heir, but I can change George's name to Henry or Edward if you prefer :)

VVD0D95

Banned
Buckingham would be stupid not to try and befriend Charles. He's the heir, and favourites do need to please the heir, but I can change George's name to Henry or Edward if you prefer :)
Oh that’s true, George works :). Charles does seem the type to honour the man as well.

WIP

Queen Victoria, b. 1819, r. 1837 to 1901, m. Albert of Saxe Coburg and Gotha (1819 to 1961)
1) Victoria, Princess Royal, b. 1840, d. 1871​
2) Albert, Prince of Wales, b. 1841, d. 1872, m. Alexandra of Denmark (1844 to 1925)​
Bertie and Alexandra have several children, but tragically none live longer than a handful of days​
3) Alice, b. 1843, d. 1874​
4) Alfred, Prince of Wales b. 1844, d. 1875, m. Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia (1853 to 1920)​
a) Alfred, Duke of Cornwall and Rothesay, b. 1874, d. 1899, never married​
Alfred is briefly Prince of Wales etc, he is married to Grand Duchess Maria in Early 1874 and dies later that year but not before Maria falls pregnant. The son, Alfred, never marries and predeceases his grandmother​
5) Helena, b. 1846, d. 1877​
6) Louise, b. 1848, d. 1879​
7) Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, b. 1850, d. 1881, m. Louise Margaret of Prussia (1860 to 1917)​
a) Queen Margaret, b. 1882, r. 1901 to 1920, m. Alexander Ramsay, Duke of Kendall (1881 to 1972)​
1) Alexander I and IV, b. 1919, r. 1920 to 2000​
Margaret, who is born posthumously, survives her cousin Alfred, Duke of Cornwall, and in 1899 she becomes her grandmothers heir. At the age of nineteen she becomes Queen and a planned Swedish marriage is halted and she ends up marrying a dashing Navy officer instead, but dies from complications during childbirth, resulting in the Consort Regency​
8) Leopold, Duke of Albany, b. 1853, d. 1884, m. Helen of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1861 to 1922)​
a) Alice, b. 1883, d. 1953​
b) Charles Edward, Duke of Albany, b. 1884, d. 1954​
Leopold and Helen and their children barely alter. Alice, who lived to almost 100 in OTL dies in her seventies, though.​
9) Beatrice, b. 1857, d. 1888​

Last edited:
Possible TL idea @VVD0D95 @EdwardRex @isabella

Francis II (1544-1560) m. 1558 Mary Queen of Scots (1542-1599)

1. Francis III of France & I of Scotland (1560-1610) m. 1574 Elisabeth of Austria (1554-1582) (a) m. 1582 Anna Juliana Gonzaga (b) with issue by both
2. Mary II of England (1560-1635) m. 1572 Sebastian I of Portugal (1554-1578) with female issue

Note: There is no Anglo-Portuguese union since Mary II has two daughters with Sebastian and the sisters each inherit one kingdom.

VVD0D95

Banned
Possible TL idea @VVD0D95 @EdwardRex @isabella

Francis II (1544-1560) m. 1558 Mary Queen of Scots (1542-1599)

1. Francis III of France & I of Scotland (1560-1610) m. 1574 Elisabeth of Austria (1554-1582) (a) m. 1582 Anna Juliana Gonzaga (b) with issue by both
2. Mary II of England (1560-1635) m. 1572 Sebastian I of Portugal (1554-1578) with female issue

Note: There is no Anglo-Portuguese union since Mary II has two daughters with Sebastian and the sisters each inherit one kingdom.
What prevents Francis iii from getting England as well?

Alfred is briefly Prince of Wales etc, he is married to Grand Duchess Maria in Early 1874 and dies later that year but not before Maria falls pregnant. The son, Alfred, never marries and predeceases his grandmother
I think it's unlikely that young Affie would predecease his grandmother. His OTL death was due to syphilis-induced madness (potentially suicide)*. Syphilis he caught prowling around the Berlin brothels (according to Vicky's letters). As prince of Wales, what reason would he have to do this? Or the liberty to do it? Even his uncles (his dad was basically a miniature and even less talented Bertie) for all their tomcattery didn't get syphilis. The only person who got VD (and that's suspected not confirmed) is suspected to have been Eddy, Duke of Clarence.
Even if Young Affie were to get syphilis, there would certainly be "no treatment" of it like there was OTL because Grand Duchess Maria was in denial about it until after it had degenerated to such a point that Affie had gone past the point of no return. He was being packed off to a sanitarium...I mean on a holiday in the country...when he died. Supposedly having wrestled a pistol away from one of the train guards and using it to redecorate his cabin walls in a fetching shade of brain matter. If Queen Victoria knew about Eddy's "problem" (her doctor was the one consulted), she'd know about Affie's.

That made ZERO sense as leaving England out of a French-Scottish union is absurd, specially if the one to inherit England would be not only the sister of the King of Scotland and France but also the Queen Consort of Portugal.
The Dowager Queen of Portugal inherits England AFTER she becomes widowed (and since there is no Anglo-Portuguese union due to TWO female monarchs...)

But would also NEVER EVER accept to be excluded from a PU between France and Scotland.
A way more likely way to try and handle this is trying to break the Franco-Scottish union, likely through invading Scotland or supporting another claimant. No way they’re putting themselves under a French yoke.

A way more likely way to try and handle this is trying to break the Franco-Scottish union, likely through invading Scotland or supporting another claimant. No way they’re putting themselves under a French yoke.
NO way of that if they are to be ruled by the SISTER of the French-Scottish King…

Another claimant? For Scotland? That would involve Scottish-Portuguese union...