Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Achaemenid Rome
@Imperator Frank

As ST15RM so imaginatively detailed earlier in the "Photos from an Alternate World Thread"....

The Soviet Union, though initially devoid of anime characters, eventually had to deal with an influx of them, mostly in the West and Far East, escaping Germany and Japan. Being a dictatorship and not really trusting these "drawings", they set up autonomous communities throughout the anime-populated areas. This character is living in Gorod chertezhey 14, which translates to "drawing city 14". This city is located about 100 miles from Minsk.

autismo.png

But also-

The first animated British naval officer (Sub-Lieutenant Amberley Aaronson) celebrates her graduation in the typical, third-generation, gaily anime way.

Idk.jpg

Last edited:
The French Revolutions of 1766-1775.png
Every year of French Revolution during the French Revolutions of 1766-1774, which are commonly divided into four major revolutions (1766, 1768, 1770, 1772). The Revolutions were caused by economic and political instability stemming from the long, brutal World War, and the subsequent Franco-British War (1756-1764). They reached a boiling point during the Post-War Taxation Act of 1766, which saw widespread Republican sentiment awaken. This revolution, like all others, were crushed thoroughly by the Monarchy. In the following two years, major proponents of Anarchism stepped forth, and soon many wished for the dissolution of not just the monarchy, but the state itself. Following revolutionary defeats, yet more political figures rose into the spotlight, and crafted the people's ideology, Ouvrierism (from ouvrier, worker). This movement only grew between the Third and Fourth Revolutions, but, at that point, Republicanism proved itself to have dominated the revolutionary effort, and, in 1774, the Declaration of the Republic within France was crafted and signed, and Lazare Carnot was elected as Head of France (alternatively known as President, due to the modern term for the Head of France). Under Carnot's reign, France saw herself divided into three constituents - France, Bretagne, and Occitania. Each nation was granted with autonomous governments. This move was done as a method for France to better deal with political instabilities and further allow Carnot to deal with remainders of anarchism and ouvrierism.

@Achaemenid Rome
@Imperator Frank

As ST15RM so imaginatively detailed earlier in the "Photos from an Alternate World Thread"....

The Soviet Union, though initially devoid of anime characters, eventually had to deal with an influx of them, mostly in the West and Far East, escaping Germany and Japan. Being a dictatorship and not really trusting these "drawings", they set up autonomous communities throughout the anime-populated areas. This character is living in Gorod chertezhey 14, which translates to "drawing city 14". This city is located about 100 miles from Minsk.

View attachment 371590

But also-

The first animated British naval officer (Sub-Lieutenant Amberley Aaronson) celebrates her graduation in the typical, third-generation, gaily anime way.

View attachment 371592
feels strange that japan hates anime characters and china like them.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
@Achaemenid Rome
@Imperator Frank

EDIT

But also-

EDIT
Wrong forum.

What else would you all like to see from New Somerset?

Looking at it, it seems like its geography is fictional? That doesn't look quite right for the southern Maine coast.

What's New Somerset's total population? (And that of Maine, which will be even further north than OTL).

Deleted member 105545

Yea, it probably oppresses people based on the color of their skin, not like ::looks at notes:: The German city named after a member of Hitler's army?
Huh? I wasn't mentioning Hitler???

Faeelin

Banned
Huh? I wasn't mentioning Hitler???

My understanding is that Rommel served under Hitler. Did that not happen?

Sorry, I just find people wishing they could live in a city named after a guy who tried to kill my grandfather as part of his support for the Third Reich kind of weird.

I mean, the best you can say about Rommel is he only supported old fashioned German aggression and imperialism, and wasn't quite as enthusiastic about shoveling Jews in ovens.

But Wakanda is a technical utopia with a cure for cancer, so I can see how you wouldn't want to live there.

If we're going to make magic settings, Wakanda seems cooler.
Never saw the movie, though I recall reading about it in years past. Back when they didn't have the MCU, I think. They mentioned things about some fans having issues with the feminist Storm marrying Black Panther despite him having a harem, and how he was seen as a bit snooty because they had super advanced technology that they stumbled across some generations before. So seems like there is more absurd-Marvel-science and less magic. I dunno.

Sorry, I just find people wishing they could live in a city named after a guy who tried to kill my grandfather as part of his support for the Third Reich kind of weird.

I mean, the best you can say about Rommel is he only supported old fashioned German aggression and imperialism, and wasn't quite as enthusiastic about shoveling Jews in ovens.

But Wakanda is a technical utopia with a cure for cancer, so I can see how you wouldn't want to live there.
We are not about to have a debate about a fictional country from a comic series, take it out of the map thread.

EDIT: Neither are we debating Rommel, that’s just on a downhill slide to banning/kicking if someone says the wrong thing here.

Actually, Rommel was Involved in a plot to assasinate Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.