Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

It's been a week and there have been no replies in the XK-bam thread since I posted 1836 Britain, so it is better to just post here IMO, way more active thread
Please stop. These maps don't belong in this thread and they could easily confuse the more casually present AHers with which one is the real Q-BAM. You are doing a diservice to both the XK-BAM thread and the Q-BAM thread.

Deleted member 147978

Looking for any would be map maker who is willing to do my tall order.
I'm yearning for a template map of North America with all the major and minor rivers for "natural" boundaries like this one. 👇
1632066936400.png

If I am not mistaken, you have a few mistakes in France, for those three smaller departments around Paris were one until like the 80's or so and I am not sure if you drew those three departments where have stuff like Seine-Saint-Denis or Hauts-de-Seine went, either absorbed by Paris either by those three departments.
No, you just have the idea of scale wrong. The small departments around Seine are shown as part of Seine here, but those other ones around it are not those. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/France_départementale.svg

I know that's a modern map. I'm saying that you can see how they look there, and compare them to my map. There are less departments there on my map, and Seine is bigger.
I mean the Departments around Paris are still wrong for a 1836 map, and even if they did decided to split Seine-et-Oise before 1836, the borders won't be by pure luck the same as those made for electoral purposes in 1968. Your Seine is bigger yes, because it looks like you just added all of the Seine-Saint-Denis, Hauts-de-Seine and Val-de-Marne to it.

I mean the Departments around Paris are still wrong for a 1836 map, and even if they did decided to split Seine-et-Oise before 1836, the borders won't be by pure luck the same as those made for electoral purposes in 1968. Your Seine is bigger yes, because it looks like you just added all of the Seine-Saint-Denis, Hauts-de-Seine and Val-de-Marne to it.
I didn't add all of Seine-Saint-Denis, Hauts-de-Seine, and Val-de-Marne. It looks similar because the pixel size, but the outer borders are actually different!

View attachment 664307
Provinces and Lands of Sweden. Note that the land corresponding to the modern Finnish regions of Ostrobothnia, Central Ostrobothnia and South Ostrobothnia were part of the Swedish province of Ostrobothnia but unlike the rest of the province, part of the Österland land (in any case the border there is marked different). Ingria, Livonia and Estonia were dominions and not provinces proper but have been added nevertheless.

A way to upload the full map here is to open the DA map in another tab and copy the link to that file.
First of all excellent maps everyone is doing. I’ve been lurking for a long time but a little nitpicky detail I’ve noticed made me want to post again to help out.
The Swedish-Norwegian border was largely undefined until the Strömstad treaty 1751 so for example the area in the north on this map around Enare lake wasn’t Swedish until then. I made a edit showing the areas where there was border disputes between Denmark-Norway and Sweden here.

Sources for this:

Attachments

• 2DE46C00-8C08-45FA-8AF2-9F85EEE9FDFB.png
    2DE46C00-8C08-45FA-8AF2-9F85EEE9FDFB.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 276
Very little patch:
mobknz20.png

In 1915, the German Occupation Authorities decided to annex this little territory from France to Belgium.

Aaaaand the greatest (de iure) extent of the Greater German Empire (with the annexation of Reichsgau Wallonien and Reichsgau Flandern):
tmcixtf3.png