Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Well, finally, here's 1756:

kz4RSWS.png

Not gonna lie, I ended fed up with making this one, and so I stopped for a few months to do anything with it. I know there will be some minor mistakes, I tried to be the most accurate possible, but nothing is perfect.
I hope you enjoy and like it.
I do have to wonder why, for example. all of Australia is full with entities, but Africa is not. Were the Australian Aboriginals really that much more organizd than the people in modern Tanzania or Kenya?

I do have to wonder why, for example. all of Australia is full with entities, but Africa is not. Were the Australian Aboriginals really that much more organizd than the people in modern Tanzania or Kenya?
Africa was full of entities (tribes) as Australia, that's true. However, data on which tribes were there and where, is limited or non existent. Australia's are not 100% accurate, not even close, but even being aproximate, it is known which tribes existed and so on. For example, in Africa, and more exactly in Kenya as you asked, there were lots of migrations in the 18-19th century, making almost impossible to know which tribes were there and it distribution.
Also, Australia and New Zealand didn't have any modern-style states, and so they all were organized tribal societies (as far as I'm concerned), while Africa had, in fact, lots of states, even if primitive, and so I didn't want to mix them with only tribal peoples, which for example in the Congo region, overlapp constantly with each other, which is another problem.
Still on the future I'll try to map Africa in a more complete way, but for the purpose of this full map, I'll leave it like this.

Also, Australia and New Zealand didn't have any modern-style states, and so they all were organized tribal societies (as far as I'm concerned), while Africa had, in fact, lots of states, even if primitive, and so I didn't want to mix them with only tribal peoples
I think it would be better to try and display non-state entities (aka tribes or whatever) in a different way from, let's say, China, Persia, or the Kingdom of Kongo.

kz4RSWS.png

Not gonna lie, I ended fed up with making this one, and so I stopped for a few months to do anything with it. I know there will be some minor mistakes, I tried to be the most accurate possible, but nothing is perfect.

Holy crap this is impressive. The American and Australian tribes and the states of the HRE shows a superb attention to detail

kz4RSWS.png

This is AWESOME! Iran, the Americas, and Oceania look incredible! I love the effort you put into this! Great job

kz4RSWS.png

I really like the display of peoples not formally under the control of a proper nation-state! I feel like it's a lot better than simply displaying 'uncontrolled land' to be conquered and makes people think about the spaces they are filling up when creating a map. I know it's just like alternate-history shit, but I do feel like the blank territories maps kind of make it easy to forget about indigenous populations and the ways they interacted with established state-systems.

Is there any way we could get a directory to be compiled, in lieu of the Quarter-Bam thread so that we can more easily access what's here for QBAM, as well as standardise what has been made? I've had a terribly difficult time manually clicking through almost 100 pages to find specific dates. Is the OP willing to edit the first post for this purpose, or shall we need to make a directory here?

Is there any way we could get a directory to be compiled, in lieu of the Quarter-Bam thread so that we can more easily access what's here for QBAM, as well as standardise what has been made? I've had a terribly difficult time manually clicking through almost 100 pages to find specific dates. Is the OP willing to edit the first post for this purpose, or shall we need to make a directory here?
If you mean like a page for organizing stuff, there's a Google Doc where our patches and maps get put when we post them

If you mean like a page for organizing stuff, there's a Google Doc where our patches and maps get put when we post them
This just breaks my heart.
There's no map of the Akkadian Empire.

Australia yes, but the HRE is missing a lot and is simplified.
Still better than what I usually do :p

Finally, a video that puts San Marino in before they got Papal recognition! Looking forward to this, let me know when it’s done.

yeah, but there's more they could've added
Italy is also missing quite a few states, a lot of which most people have never heard of
I'm working on making an Italy: Every Year video (will be done in a year or something) for better Italy info
How many years will it cover? It's looking pretty good from what I see from the screenshot. Do you have a youtube channel yet?