Die Alte Welt Hat Überlebt- A Central Powers Victory Collaborative Timeline

How many civil wars should Russia have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 107125

How about ‘Reactionary nationalism/populism’ as our general Fascism equivalent? Romanism/whatever Russia is can be sub-ideologies.

Europa News:Kaiser Michael I dies at age 79

Deleted member 107125

images

Above:Emperor Michael I Von Hohenzollern of Germany, King of Prussia
The emperor of Germany, Michael I Von Hohenzollern, died of an unknown disease last night.
The Kaiser, who ruled Germany from 1979 onward after his father, Kaiser Louis Ferdinand I was assassinated, played a crucial role in German politics and government. His reign saw the end of the Kalterkrieg with France, the establishment of the first SAPD government, the war in Zambia, and the collapse of Südwestafrika’s racist government.
The Kaiser was born in 1940 in Berlin. He was known for his interests in history, which he studied extensively. He had a particularly close relationship with his grandfather, Kaiser Wilhelm IIi.
He married Otto I of Danubia’s daughter, Andrea, in 1976- a particularly controversial act, considering that she was Catholic unlike the Protestant royal family, and was the first Catholic to marry into the family.
He is survived by his wife, Archduchess Andrea of Danubia, and his daughters, Michaela and Nataly. Because he had no sons, the throne will be passed down to his nephew, Georg Friedrich, or Friedrich IV.
His funeral will be held tomorrow.
Other news:
2020 US elections:Who are the candidates?
German Chancellor Strzelecki faces increasing calls for resignation after corruption scandal
Irish King to make official speech on crisis

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 107125

What should I make first-
  • India in 1919
  • The Eastern front of the second war
  • The Russian plans after the war
  • British propaganda posters
  • Detailed lore on China
  • Detailed lore on the UK
  • Detailed lore on Italy

Just so you guys know, I haven't forgotten about this project! I have a couple of projects in the works, including:
  • Finishing up the Chinese Civil War map series
  • Some updates on the situation in Scotland and in Ireland
  • A war aims map from WW2
  • And more!

WWII War Aims by Mikroraptor
From the Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread for TTL:
Following up on my map of Japanese war aims in World War Two, I thought that I'd show the mess that was the Axis plans for Germany after the war. Contrary to popular belief, which was greatly assisted by German propaganda, the Russians and French weren't planning on directly annexing Germany. On the contrary, the major goal was to create puppet states, and eliminate the "German menace". (just to be clear, I am not trying to show support for the axis, or any of their rather despicable actions) However, Russia did plan on taking all territories east of the Oder river, supposedly to protect the ethnic Poles there, and France was to annex Elass-Lothringen, Sarrland, and Luxembourg. East Prussia was to be divided between Russia and Lithuania, and it seems like Schleswig-Holstein was going to be given to Denmark, since it does not appear to be a part of any of the maps that I found. Oh, and of course Wallonia would get Liege back. As for what was left of Germany, that would be carved further into three seperate states:
The People's Republic of Germany (which actually was supposed to be independent, and allied with France, and not an Autonomous Commune as some claim), the State of Brandenburg (the rump Prussia, under Russian influence, which would have its capital jointly occupied by France and Russia for a period of 3 years), and the Free State of Bavaria (probably meant to be a puppet of Russia, and a place to deport Polish Catholics to).
CP victory German partition l.png

Last edited:
Does the Ottoman Empire retain the title of Caliphate ITTL? I was thinking that the vaguely referenced Republican Coup of 1923 might have made the Ottomans into a more secular, democratic state, but I am not sure

Does the Ottoman Empire retain the title of Caliphate ITTL? I was thinking that the vaguely referenced Republican Coup of 1923 might have made the Ottomans into a more secular, democratic state, but I am not sure

Even if the Ottoman Empire is democratic and has secularised to an extent, why shouldn't they retain the Caliph title?

Irish Flag Referendum,2019
Below is an article on the Irish flag referendum. OOC, I have seen the New York Times, and other newspapers, sometimes tackle complex political issues from a slightly different angle, and that is what's going on here
Top Eight Final Flag Designs for Ireland to be Voted on in a Flag Referendum Next Year
(The New York Times)

As Ireland has been tearing itself apart politically over the issue of the Monarchy, another issue has come up, arguably as important, has come up, that of the Flag of Ireland. I say that this issue is as imortant because a flag is the very thing that defines a country, it is designed to depict a nation's unique history, heritage, and culture, all while being asthetically pleasing and easily recognizable. Flags have been an important part of warfare, politics, protests, and movements for centuries. So why change Ireland's current flag?
1920px-Flag_of_the Kingdom of Ireland.png
This is the current flag of Ireland. The green represents the forests and fields, and the Irish Catholics, while the gold represents prosperity, independence, and the Irish Protestants. The issue is with the Canton (for those who are unfamiliar with vexillology, a canton is a section of flag which defaces the main design, and is usually on the hoist side, or the upper left corner). The canton depicts the insignia of the German Volunteer Expeditionary Force in Ireland, which assisted the Irish rebels in their war of independence. So, Irish nationalists see this as a symbol of German domination over their country, and with the current debates on trying to unseat the German king, a new flag would be appropriate. So, below are the top eight entries, which will be voted on in March of 2020. These range from the beautiful to the downright disgusting, so it will be interesting to see which will win out.

Flag of Ireland 2.png
Coming in at number 9, we have this flag, nicknamed "the Pumpkin Jack" flag. Mostly this flag was voted for by Ulstermen, who look back on the days of British rule nostalgically. Pretty much everyone else hates it though, due to the centuries old rivalry between the Irish and the English.

Flag of Ireland 8.png

as number 8, only slightly less popular, is the flag proposed by the Irish Teutonic Society. It seems to be the exact opposite of what O'Brian and his Fianna Fail allies are looking for, instead showing German Dominance and superiority over Ireland.

Flag of Ireland 6.png
Number 7 is our first nationalist flag. Simple, and to the point, it uses a Sunburst symbol, popular with the Irish right wing parties, on a Green background. It is poorly executed, however, and perhaps too simple a design.

Flag of Ireland 5.png
At number 6 is the classic Green Harp banner, used by the Irish for a long time. The Harp symbol has been used as a symbol of Ireland since the 12th century, and has its roots in Folklore. However, this exact flag is also the flag of the Irish province of Leinster, which could cause some confusion.

Flag of Ireland 4.png
Number 4 is asthetically pleasing, and was designed by a graphic designer from Trinity College, Dublin. However, the symbol has no meaning whatsoever, except possibly as a cross.

Flag of Ireland 7.png
Number 3 is interesting, combining an old Celtic symbol, the Triquetra knot, with the Irish tricolor.

Flag of Ireland 1.png

The second most popular flag is a Celtic Cross, using the tricolor's colors. It might be somewhat too ornate for a national flag, though.
Flag of Ireland 3.png
And what is the most popular Irish flag, at least so far? The Revolutionary Tricolor. Stemming from the Irish War of Independence, this flag was meant to show a peaceful union of all Irishmen, Protestant, Catholic, or otherwise. Early versions of this flag were oriented vertically, and had slightly different colors, but the modern version was adopted when Germany announced its support of the Irish Rebels, due to its similarities to the German flag, while still being Irish at its core.

Right now, Ireland's future is uncertain. Probably what happens in the Oireachtas in the next few months will greatly affect the outcome of the referendum. But whatever happens, the old flag of Ireland will be thrown out, and a new one will be raised over that nation, whether it be a Kingdom or a Republic.

Related News:

King John II of Ireland denounces flag referendum as "Unnecessary and outrageous"
Opinion: Is Ireland's political drama weakening their economy?
Abortion Bill passes in Ireland, Angering the far right

Other News:
Military Intervention in Greek protests leaves 8 dead so far, riots continue in Athens and Thessaloniki
Defense Department officials say that the siege of Sukhumi "Will be a nightmare" in terms of casualties
Will the Social Labor party split?
Germany pulls last peacekeeping forces out of Zambia
Nationalism is on the rise in Poland
Inside Punjab's plans for the Olympics
Cache of stolen art from World War Two found in Russia
New Dinosaur species found in Montana

Deleted member 107125

New project up- a German almanac from 1937 containing the year’s best in local, international, and colonial affairs. The ‘colonial’ section will contain proclamations of prosperity in plantations in Guyana, German-held Singapore’s new airport, and the completion of the Trans-African railway.
There will also be a section on culture, containing an interview with Adolf Hitler on his new car, something on football, a review of Arnold Franck’s movie ‘The Daughter of the Warrior’ (a German-Chinese co-production) and ‘To new shores’.
In local affairs, there will be the Kaiser’s announcement of an international tour, a new budget, and so on.
Internationally, there will be a trade deal with India, a German nationalist condemning Rodzaevsky as a threat to the Kaiserreich’s ambitions and a German-hater.

Deleted member 107125

New project up- a German almanac from 1937 containing the year’s best in local, international, and colonial affairs. The ‘colonial’ section will contain proclamations of prosperity in plantations in Guyana, German-held Singapore’s new airport, and the completion of the Trans-African railway.
There will also be a section on culture, containing an interview with Adolf Hitler on his new car, something on football, a review of Arnold Franck’s movie ‘The Daughter of the Warrior’ (a German-Chinese co-production) and ‘To new shores’.
In local affairs, there will be the Kaiser’s announcement of an international tour, a new budget, and so on.
Internationally, there will be a trade deal with India, a German nationalist condemning Rodzaevsky as a threat to the Kaiserreich’s ambitions and a German-hater.
It would be much appreciated if anyone could help with translation

Deleted member 107125

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps after the coup, the Sultan becomes more of a religious figure, while the government is actually run by his ministers?
So let me clear a bunch of things up about the coup-
A) The coup deposed Mehmed VI and replaces him with the more liberal Osman Fuad, who Ataturk was friends with
B) The Islamic world is an ideological battleground between the Arabs and the Ottomans, who have allies in the forms of Afghanistan and Egypt
C) The Sultan is recognised by some countries as Caliph while others recognise the Sharif of Mecca/ the leader of Arabia

Last edited by a moderator:
1937 Almanac part one: Our colonies

Deleted member 107125

Singapur opens new airport to much fanfare
12 Jun, 1937

In June of this year, the jewel of our Empire in the East, Singapur, opened the new Kallang airport. The airport will be the base for flights all across the east- Peking, Tsingtao, India, and Arabia.
On the matter, the leader of the Imperial Air Force, Hermann Von Goering said “It is good to know that our powerful empire is making advances in aviation. May all those who deny our empire be crushed!”
However, we warn German citizens not to fly to China, for the Kuomintang’s ‘government’ continues to ravage the south.
Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck bids goodbye to Mittelafrika
22 August, 1937

Many a tear was cried by the people of Mittelafrika today, as Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck, ‘the Lion of Africa’, left the city of Dar-Es-Salam for Berlin. Lettow-Vorbeck, who has been ruling Mittelafrika ever since its creation, was officially relieved of his post in July.
Von Lettow-Vorbeck was known for his progressive reforms to the Mittelafrikan government, which greatly benefited the locals, his disciplinarian attitude, and his military genius. He will be replaced by Herbert Von Dirksen.
Trans-African Railway inaugurated
18 December, 1937

Only eighteen years ago work began on the Trans-African railway (Mittelafrikaner Eisenbahn), a railway connecting both the coasts of our great African colony. Beginning in Jaunde, the capital of Kamerun, and ending in Dar-Es-Salaam, the railway will greatly help the people of Mittelafrika travel. Although the construction of the railway was immensely difficult, our brave boys have defeated both wild beasts and local agitators.The railway traverses jungles, deserts, and a great many cities, and is by far the greatest project ever completed in Africa, greater than those carried out by the British, French, and Belgians.
Long live the empire!

Deleted member 107125

Singapur opens new airport to much fanfare
12 Jun, 1937

In June of this year, the jewel of our Empire in the East, Singapur, opened the new Kallang airport. The airport will be the base for flights all across the east- Peking, Tsingtao, India, and Arabia.
On the matter, the leader of the Imperial Air Force, Hermann Von Goering said “It is good to know that our powerful empire is making advances in aviation. May all those who deny our empire be crushed!”
However, we warn German citizens not to fly to China, for the Kuomintang’s ‘government’ continues to ravage the south.
Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck bids goodbye to Mittelafrika
22 August, 1937

Many a tear was cried by the people of Mittelafrika today, as Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck, ‘the Lion of Africa’, left the city of Dar-Es-Salam for Berlin. Lettow-Vorbeck, who has been ruling Mittelafrika ever since its creation, was officially relieved of his post in July.
Von Lettow-Vorbeck was known for his progressive reforms to the Mittelafrikan government, which greatly benefited the locals, his disciplinarian attitude, and his military genius. He will be replaced by Herbert Von Dirksen.
Trans-African Railway inaugurated
18 December, 1937

Only eighteen years ago work began on the Trans-African railway (Mittelafrikaner Eisenbahn), a railway connecting both the coasts of our great African colony. Beginning in Jaunde, the capital of Kamerun, and ending in Dar-Es-Salaam, the railway will greatly help the people of Mittelafrika travel. Although the construction of the railway was immensely difficult, our brave boys have defeated both wild beasts and local agitators.The railway traverses jungles, deserts, and a great many cities, and is by far the greatest project ever completed in Africa, greater than those carried out by the British, French, and Belgians.
Long live the empire!
So what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.