The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

You are talking of this guy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaek_Phibunsongkhram

An interesting character for sure. Learning something new every day.
Yep, to many people he is still quite well respected here in Thailand my grandmother included.

Many people view him as a man who genuinely wish to help the country.

Heck there are even conspiracy theorist who believe that he cooperate with Anti Japanese resistant so that no matter which side win the war Thailand will get out of it relatively light. But I am not sure how true that is.

Yep, to many people he is still quite well respected here in Thailand my grandmother included.

Many people view him as a man who genuinely wish to help the country.

Heck there are even conspiracy theorist who believe that he cooperate with Anti Japanese resistant so that no matter which side win the war Thailand will get out of it relatively light. But I am not sure how true that is.

Is Plaek like the Tito of Thailand?

An oppressive jerk who "got things done?"

Is Plaek like the Tito of Thailand?

An oppressive jerk who "got things done?"
I am not sure my self, since I can’t say what others feel about him but my grandmother say that she regret participating in anti Phibunsongkhram dictatorship march organize by university student. She say she was young and short sighted and was blinded by other pro democratic student.

So atleast he must have done something right?

Opinion of him greatly varied here so I don’t want to speak for other Thai.

I am not sure my self, since I can’t say what others feel about him but my grandmother say that she regret participating in anti Phibunsongkhram dictatorship march organize by university student. She say she was young and short sighted and was blinded by other pro democratic student.

So atleast he must have done something right?

Opinion of him greatly varied here so I don’t want to speak for other Thai.

Also OTL is often said between Italians of Mussolini that "he done something right", even if he went with Hitler and the racial laws and the war.

Certain part of a war defeated country's public opinion would always still support a certain justification - to mark the fact "we are different" from another and worse country. In this case, Italy respect to Germany, and Thailand respect to Japan. And also for the deluded view that "things were better" before the war. Even in face of a dictatorship.

In the map, Poland is outlined in the Soviet color...

Will Poland become a Soviet-aligned state~?

I mean, the Poles know what happened during the first months of WWII with the Soviet invasion, and they aren't going to be happy with the USSR. They also liberated themselves (well, at least Warsaw~), and they weren't happy at the Soviets...

So I could see it going either way.

On the bright side, Wallace will make Chamberlain look a lot smarter. Neville at the least quickly realized he had fucked up completely and started taking measures to minimize the damage he had inadvertently done to his allies and party.

Another bright side is that since Churchill won the election, we don't have Attlee as prime minister, so the soviet didn't receive in 1946 the Rolls Royce Nene jet propulsor (OTL it was a bona fide move before the official start of the Cold War). Without those engines, the soviets are obliged to use reverse-engineered german BMW 003 and Jumo 004, ITTL more scarce than OTL, but just as badly built for the lack of strategic materials.

So, in the first post war years we could see UK, France and maybe Italy (Churchill could decide to give the RR Nene's license to Italy) equipped with modern jet fighters like De Havilland Vampire and Venom for Great Britain, Dassault Ouragan for France and possibly FIAT G.80 for Italy (although it was more an attack aircraft than a fighter), while Soviet Union would probably field MiG-9s and Yak-17s, both with notorious problems with the engines.

I don't know enough about early US jet engines to propose an opinion, but I'd say that Churchill will probably clamp down any technological cooperation for a while.

Does anyone think it would be possible to remove Paveli in Croatia? Mussolini seems to understand the Fascist Block can't stand against the Soviets alone, which means keeping a decent relationship with the West. And Paveli I expect would be a liability to that, but he can't be simply cut loose.

Were there any less extreme rivals in his party that the Fascist could reach out too?

Does anyone think it would be possible to remove Paveli in Croatia? Mussolini seems to understand the Fascist Block can't stand against the Soviets alone, which means keeping a decent relationship with the West. And Paveli I expect would be a liability to that, but he can't be simply cut loose.

Were there any less extreme rivals in his party that the Fascist could reach out too?

Well, Pavelic didn't apparently go for an ethnical cleanup yet, as for now he just limited to expel Serbians and Muslim Bosniacs - is still much worse what happened in Slovenia TTL. So for now I think would stay.