WIP Map Thread

China OTL didn't detonate it's first nuclear weapon until 1964, and didn't deploy missiles capable of reliably reaching Moscow until the late 70s: even if the Soviets don't immediately take a NO NUKES FOR YOU hard line, the Chinese will probably need a couple decades to be in a position to really wreck European Russia. (Don't know how much Chinese technological progress will be retarded when cut off from any source of tech knowledge they can buy, borrow, or steal other than the Warsaw Pact itself).

IRL they got the DF-3A, their first missile that could hit al of russia, in 1971, although it took a few years to make it into an actual force. Before, their DF-2 (~1964 operationally) (which they used for nuclear tests) could hit most of the central asian states as well as many siberian cities, like novossibirsk or Omsk, although not the other industrial cities near the ural.

If it's a 1960 ISOT they have at least 15 years before china can hit european russia and damage it enough.

Quick and dirty WIP of something I'm making for a lucky mod team:

sgbVofJ.png

Four hours of tracing practically incapacitated my right hand, but the end product's worth the effort. Felt adding the islands right now would not only be a hassle for my Inkscape to render, but also deleterious for my aching fingers.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Quick and dirty WIP of something I'm making for a lucky mod team:

Four hours of tracing practically incapacitated my right hand, but the end product's worth the effort. Felt adding the islands right now would not only be a hassle for my Inkscape to render, but also deleterious for my aching fingers.
*faints*

RKAgjXr.png

1000+ islands and God knows how many lakes, at the cost of my right pinky and ring finger. I'll finish the rest of the lakes and move on to the river system once my phalanges work again.

Skallagrim:
I think it would be best if we introduced a practice of 'good faith'. that is: unless someone actively supports a position (as in the case of people posting genocide scenarios and calling it 'their ideal world' etc.), the contents of scenarios should not be ascribed to the creator. And voicing "suspicions" on that front without any real evidence should be considered very bad form. It's rude, and it's uncalled for.

Also Skallagrim:
Interesting parties, nicely different from OTL, but anything really right-of-centre seems suspiciously absent. A scenario where alt-USA politics are more to the left can easily be imagined, but pretty much every single European social democracy in OTL still has a significant centre-right party. And the Liberals ("a bit like a more competent Lib Dems") really don't qualify for that position. Based on the general nature of the other parties, there's serious room for a significant more-or-less conservative, more-or-less classical liberal party. There is no really credible reason why such a thing shouldn't exist. The natural electorate for such a faction can't just evaporate, after all. Such a party should reasonably exist, and should in fact be the third major party (with the Liberals and Geer as minor parties).

As it is, I have to say this comes across a bit like progressive/liberal wish fulfillment, and it's rather less believable as a work of AH because of that.

*ba-dum tish*

So you've destroyed both the US and France? You anti-republican fiend! :biggrin:
You got me, I've been a closet monarchist all along. My entire internet political presence has been a lie since day one. :p

(Nah, but really, Canada, México, and Perú [the not-Bolivarian Confederation] are all republics. The US and France being broken up are really both just excuses for Canada to be as massive as possible.)

You got me, I've been a closet monarchist all along. My entire internet political presence has been a lie since day one. :p

(Nah, but really, Canada, México, and Perú [the not-Bolivarian Confederation] are all republics. The US and France being broken up are really both just excuses for Canada to be as massive as possible.)

Just pulling your leg. But I'm not quite sure why Colossal Canada requires Fragmented France. I shall be interested to see the final product.

Just pulling your leg. But I'm not quite sure why Colossal Canada requires Fragmented France. I shall be interested to see the final product.
The idea is that a lot of people would be pushed to emigrate from France if France was a wartorn mess of a country, so Canada could have a larger amount of immigrants (and a higher proportion of Francophones). Not sure how much sense that makes, but c'est la vie. And thank you!

Tinkering around with a 1960 ISOT of communist nations set 150-200 years later. Feeling kinda overwhelmed and looking for various ideas specifically with China because it is an area I lack knowledge about. Would an independent Tibet/ East Turkestan be plausible? Any other thoughts or ideas welcome before I start diving deep into it.

As in the 1960s communist nations are ISOTed into the the time period 2110-2160 or into the time period 1760-1810? Or that they are ISOTed to a Virgin Earth and the scenario is set to 150-200 years after the event?

Seriously questioning why the Race would use Big Ugly administrative boundaries.

Or why the front lines would follow national borders.

The Race's usage of human administrative borders can be chalked up to laziness either on the Race's part or my part, depending on whether you prefer the Watsonian or Doylist explanation. There aren't any front lines, though- not quite sure why you thought there were, unless you were mistaking the areas with notable amounts of refugees from the Race Empire as front lines.

I have also been making a map of the Worldwar Series but the race is divided between two empires in a coalition.

View attachment 450701

I don't think I've seen the idea of dividing the Race's holdings on Earth into two empires before, that's a neat concept. What does the outlined part of the southwest USA indicate?

the coloring makes this look like a wanked Spanish empire

That it does! I'm not changing it, though.