WIP Map Thread

How’d they do that?
The same way the Arm was broken into the Stepstones.

Nature kid hippie magic.
Also, I must ask; is there a Stark in Winterfell?

:eek:

upload_2019-4-8_20-57-49.png

:p

The same way the Arm was broken into the Stepstones.

Nature kid hippie magic.

:eek:

View attachment 452187

:p
Oof

As for the Cleave, are there enough Children to do that? When the Arm was broken, the Children were only beginning to suffer from the First Men, and were still the dominant race in Westeros. By AGOT, there are just a few beyond the Wall, aren’t there?

Of course, I like the idea of the Neck being broken - it’s an interesting way to build a canal and it screws over the Freys - I’m just curious about how it was done.

Oof

As for the Cleave, are there enough Children to do that? When the Arm was broken, the Children were only beginning to suffer from the First Men, and were still the dominant race in Westeros. By AGOT, there are just a few beyond the Wall, aren’t there?

Of course, I like the idea of the Neck being broken - it’s an interesting way to build a canal and it screws over the Freys - I’m just curious about how it was done.
So apparently, during the Second War for the Dawn, the remaining Children of the Forest sacrificed themselves to call down the Old gods to bring the Hammer of Waters down on the Neck. Consequently, it killed every single weirwood in Westeros, save for a sapling that had been given to Jon Snow before the CoF did their big fat meme.

Anyways, this means that the last weirwood is in the godswood of Winterfell, and though the weirwoods may be practically extinct, this has only proven the authenticity of the Old Gods over the Seven for the North.

Isaac Beach

Banned
A cover of good ol' Munro's 'Sung Survive' map, wherein the Song Dynasty manage to stumble their way to a steam powered engine and eventual industrialisation, albeit without the scientific method for most of it. This rather chaotic industrialisation, and its eventual proliferation to the neighbours, does nasty things to the environment over a period of centuries (which is why Central Asia and Arabia are an uninhabitable mess).
I've added a couple of things via creative license, namely the 7 meter sea rise, the 'Alliance for Persian Renewal', and the Restored Empire having a nasty case of Islamist terrorism throughout its territories (I'm not sure they could really colonise the Arabian Peninsular without triggering some kind of comeuppance).

Sung Survives.png

Fun.png

Wip... Little Byzantine fun in 1738. The Romans are on the offensive again. After the Mamlukes and (insert Persanified Turkish dynasty) swept in and reconquered Palestine, Syria, and Armenia in 1708, the previous Greco-Turkish dynasty (which saw this TL's Byzie equivalent of Suleyman the magnificent, but as a woman, and reigning for half a century), who's regnants had given hope to God's holy people since 1498, was overthrown after the incompetent Iustin proved to be a failure against the Egyptian onslaught. The empire is forced into a similar situation as when the Arabs invaded a millenia ago. The new Basileus, Stephanos I Romanidis descendant of blessed St Vladimir and crowned in 1723, has won several victories against the allied forces of Persians and Egyptians. The borders were pushed far from the gates of Cilicia to the Euphrates at the battle of Gates and the battle of Samosata. Now the Basileus seeks to push on and liberate his Christian and former Roman fellows (the Armenians and Orthodox are all part of the same church as the Armenian church was reconciled with the Constantinople in the 15th century while the Romans were retaking Anatolia. That was for the second time from the Turks, which went further and Armenia and Georgia were brought under Roman rule)( I want to establish Persian vassal realms in Armenia, headed by loyal local elites who disfavour the Romans, yet the population hates these rulers more than the Roman taxes).

Big stars... The United British Republics, the Angevin Kingdom of France (yes... you read right) The Holy German Empire (the kaisers dropped the Roman bit to win over the actual Romans in their quest to quell the pope), the Commonwealth of Aragon (like the PLC), and the Crown of Hispania. Hungary is in a PU with Poland (Lithuania went orthodox instead of Catholic and ended up uniting with with this TL's Russian principality that sucked the Mongol teat, Tver (they have a rad flag)) and used the time that the Romans were at a nadir following the Islamic reconquest, captured OTL north Serbia (called Moesia), breaking the two century treaty and border with the Romans (just imagine the situation in EUIV).

That Netherlands is actually centered on Flanders and Antwerp. They do not like the imperialist Germans and despise the French, though the country exists due to French territorial ambitions. The French spent a great deal of energy trying to annex Italy in various wars and the English (cough and Irish) were tired of simply being a cash cow for monarchs only focused on French interests (all that land went to the Angevin kings' anointed heads)

The European colonies are going to take a while. Europe had a Renaissance, which started in the later 14th century (in Italy) albeit slower and centered on Roman-European interchange of information. A sort of reformation happened, but only in facilitating national churches to match the authoritarian ambitions of certain European monarchs.

The British Republics broke off in the late 16th century as their Monarchs continued to sap the Isles of their resources for their endless wars. England, Ireland (became a kingdom because the Angevins still created their own church and needed to get rid of pesky papal influence), weren't republics yet however, and the Stuart's took the mantle as kings when asked by parliament (the Danes were asked but the Kalmar Monarchs didn't want to fight the French kings and their tangle of alliances), and followed a similar OTL line of absolutism and then lost their heads in all of their lands. This is much more of an equal partnership between the Republics (the Irish were never disinhereted from their lands, and neither were the Scots) and they are into all things Saxon and Celtic (basically all things not French).

Oh forgot to mention, Provence was liberated from Angevin rule, in the finale of the Angevin ALT Italian Wars. This is the last Capetian possession (poor guys, they lost their Sicilian possesions to the House of Barcelona)(I think I might put the Aragonese on the losing end of a succession war, maybe their own and Naples goes to some German family, like the Wittelsbachs (who may be the alt German Emperors in the span of that war as i plan to have various families competing for the elected position instead of the Hapsburgs, who may never rise to prominence wink wink Babenburgers)).

I might give Calais and Brittany back to France.

Last edited: