WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

Confederate World NGF Iserlohn.png

An update to my current WorldA WiP.

EDIT: I updated Africa.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. damein fisher This bad boy can fit so many maps in it

[​IMG]
    Remember when I made that Austria-Hungary map? Well, I've been working on the Germany (1900) map for a few days now and I'd say I'm about halfway done. I was originally going to include the lakes with Germany, but some of the exclaves/counties are so small it could get confusing.

As is usual, just click the map for a larger version.

SpazzReflex, Kikkomaan, Miner and 2 others like this.
  3. KapiTod Fuhrerreich was my idea!

Anyone else ever notice that there's no worlda for Hyboria from Conan the Barbarian? No? Just me??

Well here's an attempt being made.

upload_2019-3-13_0-23-31.png

I am combining a couple of different fan maps for this, mostly to make Africa semi-realistic and make Asia more interesting/not so convergent. All borders east of the Vilayet Sea and south of the Styx are being eyeballed or rule-of-cooled.

I'd also like to include a couple of other places which will only be loosely referenced in any Conan lore- Mu, and the Pictish Isles, and probably come up with stuff for North and South America.

4. Alexander North Self-Proclaimed Master of ISOTs

Pennsylvania, Union of Eastern American States
    Tales from the Abyss 1850.png

Had yet another idea, but this one's hopefully going to end up a full timeline as long as my motivation sticks around. It's a magitek Cold War-esque thing with all sorts of sapient species running around the globe. For now, here's one of the great powers, the Rekownerist Republic of Joseidon and its autonomous communities.

5. GDIS Pathe Well-Known Member

csa2.png

A mix of a generic CSA Victory with elements taken from Edts Fight and Be Right and Central Power Victories. Debating about throwing a Boulangist/ex Boulangist France into the mix as well

Viralworld, KapiTod, Iserlohn and 5 others like this.
  6. Alexander North Self-Proclaimed Master of ISOTs

Tales from the Abyss 1850.png

More progress is being made on the magitek Cold War-esque TL. Most of the Rekownerist and Tormetbegist blocs have been mapped out, along with significant neutrals such as the Khanate of Abraham.

7. ArcBeetle Active Member

I notice the Africa-Asia border is longer than OTL.

8. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

Red Sea?

9. Alexander North Self-Proclaimed Master of ISOTs

Dammed and drained in an attempt to create more agricultural land. It went about as well as you'd expect, even with added magitek attempts to terraform the area after the sea was drained, and it's very arid and hasn't exactly been beneficial for the climates of the surrounding areas. The only reason the Khanate of Abraham hasn't destroyed the dam yet is because of the power it produces.

Admiral A. Kolchak likes this.
  10. SpazzReflex Induce vomiting if contacted

It's never not a good time for Halloweeny schlock pixel art maps
    Endtag(p1).png
    Endtag(p3).png
    Endtag(p2).png

Miner, Kikkomaan, Contrary and 6 others like this.
  11. Sirion Democracy is non-negotiable!

12. SpazzReflex Induce vomiting if contacted

Post-Nuclear War US, I hope to run a DnD-esque style campaign in

13. EbolaMan131 Dick Pound 2020

14. Sirion Democracy is non-negotiable!

Can you post more please?

15. SpazzReflex Induce vomiting if contacted

*procrastinates on crying over how much she procrastinates*

Here's the West Coast

Endtag(p4).png

16. Xianfeng Emperor Amateur Iran-o-phile

Mmm... feels oddly '90s, but the style's growing on me.

SpazzReflex likes this.
  17. Tert2567 Well-Known Member

18. SpazzReflex Induce vomiting if contacted

19. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

Wanted to do something easy, and a post-apocalyptic Central Australia was just the ticket. I'll do some translating, as much for my bum memory as your benefit.

Tha Vich - 'The Vic', contracted from The Victoria Desert. Full of largely Aboriginal 'caravans' that travel to mines on the far side of Tha Vich, to then sell in the Valley of Urr.
    Tha Walleey D'Urr - The Valley of Urr, a corruption of 'Eyre'. A temperate, agriculturally rich central valley irrigated by storms from the north (After hundreds of years of nuclear winter monsoon forests have returned to the northern coast of Australia, and with it wet weather).
    Lake Urr - Obviously, Lake Eyre, now much bigger and climatically stable.
    Thadoona, Chitty D'Swansona - Thadoona, City of Swainsona. Thadoona is a corruption of Etadunna, a pretty much uninhabited dunefield in our time. Here it has flourished into the heart of the Valley of Urr, and is by far the largest city in the region with perhaps 15-20,000 people. Swainsona formosa, better known as Sturt's Desert Pea, is the state flower of South Australia and here can be found all across the valley.

More to come.

The Lands of Urr.png

20. Governer-General Well-Known Member

Looks really nice.
    I assume Russians won againist Ottomans swiftly, maybe no Pleven defense? And/or seems that there could be earlier PM Gladstone(who was very pro-Bulgarian and fiercely anti-Turk).
    Also I see, autonomus Kars, I guess it is for Armenians.
    French Saar, Bavarian led South German Federation? I guess France won Franco-Prussian war and Austrian joined war in the side of French.